-比利 -你得加上这个
– Billy. – You gotta carry the one.
-比利 -把这个划掉
– Billy. – Scratch this out.
说
Yeah.
他是谁
Who’s that?
他是皮特
That’s Pete.
有必要让他参与讨论吗
Does Pete really need to be here?
是的 有必要
Yes, he does.
好 我们要选的球员
Okay, here’s who we want.
第一个 杰森的弟弟 杰里米
Number one, Jason’s little brother, Jeremy.
-老天爷 -比利 他是个大♥麻♥烦
– Oh, God. – Billy, that’s trouble.
比利 我能不能… 说句话
Billy, look, if I… Yeah. Billy, if I may,
他场下的作风有问题
he’s had his problems off the field,
而且他场上的缺点我们也清楚
and we know what he can’t do on the field.
腰上越来越多赘肉
He’s getting thick around the waist.
还有报道说他在脱衣舞俱乐部吸大♥麻♥
There’s reports about him on weed, in strip clubs.
我们现在只关心他的上垒率
His on-base percentage is all we’re looking at now.
杰里米的上垒率非常不错
And Jeremy gets on base an awful lot
只需二十八万五就能买♥♥到
for a guy who only costs 285,000.
-天啊 比利 -第二个
– Jesus, Billy. – Number two.
-大卫·贾斯蒂斯 -不是吧
– David Justice. – Oh, no.
-他跑都跑不动 -想什么呢
– His legs are gone. – Not a good idea.
老贾斯蒂斯 怎么会想到他呢
Old Man Justice? Why is that?
他衰退得很厉害 斯坦布鲁纳都快气死了
Steinbrenner’s so pissed at his decline,
为甩掉他恨不得把合同吃了
he’s willing to eat his contract to get rid of him.
没错 十年前 贾斯蒂斯名噪一时
Exactly. Ten years ago, Justice, big name.
参加过很多大型比赛
Been in lot of big games.
在赛季初 还能靠他拉动上座率
He’s gonna really help our season tickets early in the year,
如果到了七 八月这种赛季末
but in the dog days in July, August,
他能跑得动就是万幸了
we’re lucky if he’s gonna hit his weight.
比利 他已经跑不动了 防守也不行
Billy, his legs are gone, and he’s a defensive liability.
我怀疑他的击球速度
I question whether the bat speed’s there.
-他已经跑不动了 -格雷迪
– His legs are gone. – Grady.
他能上六十场就烧高香了
We’ll be lucky to get 60 games out of him.
你为什么这么青睐他
Why do you like him?
因为他能上垒
Because he gets on base.
-这算什么 -我们这是在干嘛
– What is this? – What are we doing?
好 第三个
Okay, number three,
-斯科特·海特伯格 -谁
– Scott Hatteberg. – Who?
-哈特伯格 -没错
– Hatteberg? – Exactly.
听起来他好像已经是我们的人了
He sounds like an Oakland A already.
是的 他是有点小问题
Yes, he’s had a little problem with…
那算小问题吗 他都不会投球
Little problem? He can’t throw.
他是职业选手 击球率0.26
He’s a career. 260 hitter.
他的鼎盛期已经结束了
The best part of his career is over.
-那只是刚开始 -波士顿要裁掉他
– It’s just getting started. – Boston wants to cut him.
-没人愿意用他 -很好 那就会更便宜
– No one wants to pick him up. – Good. He’s cheap.
我直说了吧
Let me get this straight.
你想签一个
You’re gonna get a guy
联盟里半数以上球队弃用的球员
that’s been released by half the organizations in baseball
因为他是个胳膊有残疾
because he’s got nonrepairable nerve damage in his elbow
连投球都不会
and can’t throw.
不能投球不能防守 那他能干什么
He can’t throw and he can’t field. But what can he do?
哎呀
Oh, boy.
看看你们的会议记录
Check your reports
不行我让皮特再说一遍
or I’m gonna point at Pete.
-他能上垒 -他能上垒
– He gets on base. – He can get on base.
也就是说他能保送
So he walks a lot.
他上垒很多 罗科
He gets on base a lot, Rocco.
我用得着在意 是保送还是安打吗
Do I care if it’s a walk or a hit?
皮特
Pete?
-不用 -我不在乎
– You do not. – I do not.
我那三十七个自♥由♥球员比那三个家伙强
I got 37 free agents that are better than those three guys.
等等 我直说吧
Wait a minute, let me get this straight.
你不打算用一名
So you’re not gonna bring in one
而是用三名防守球员来代替吉昂比
but three defective players to replace Giambi?
你不会真信了比尔·詹姆斯那套狗屁理论吧
You’re not buying into this Bill James bullshit?
这是运动家队的新策略
This is the new direction of the A’s.
我们是牌桌上算牌客
We are card counters at the blackjack table
我们要计算赌局的赔率
and we’re gonna turn the odds on the casino.
我不明白
I don’t see it.
说真的 大伙别忘了就是这家伙
Seriously, guys. I think we have to remember this is the man.
他除了老板和上帝 谁都可以不理
He answers to no one except ownership and God.
更不用说我们了
And he doesn’t have to answer to us.
我们提建议 他做决策
We make suggestions, he makes decisions.
是这样没错 但为了俱乐部的发展
That’s all fine and well, but we’ve been working our asses off
我们累死累活干了几星期
for weeks to make this club better,
在你眼里狗屁不如
and you’re shitting all over it.
这事不用讨论了
This is not a discussion.
那我们讨论什么
What are we discussing?
巴里 不必讨论
Barry, not a discussion.
比利 老兄
Billy, man,
我想你忽略了一件事
I think there’s one thing you’re forgetting.
这三个人里没一个能打一垒
None of those three guys knows how to play first base.
那你就得教会一个
Well, you’re gonna have to teach one of them.
现教
Teach?
教哪个
Which one?
我们的假期将在西雅图市中心
This is really the kickoff to the holiday season
拉开序幕
here in downtown Seattle.
此项盛事已筹备了数周
It took weeks of planning to lead up to the big event,
当然这一切都是值得的
but it was well worth it.
天气非常好 人们享受着快乐时光
The weather was ideal. People are still having a great time.
成千上万的人早已涌向街头
Thousands of people were out earlier.
我们会为您报道
We have a nice recap for you
西雅图市中心所有大型活动的要闻
of all the great events taking place downtown in Seattle.
-你好 -斯科特
– Hello? – Scott?
我是
Yes.
我是奥克兰运动家队的比利·比恩
It’s Billy Beane of the Oakland A’s.
你好
Yes.
-能谈谈吗 -好
– Can we talk? – Yeah.
能让我们进去吗
Do you wanna let us in?
-什么意思 -我们就在前面
– Pardon me? – We’re out front.
-什么 -我们在门口
– What? – On the curb.
好 好
Uh, yeah, yeah.
亲爱的 怎么了
Honey?
-谢谢 -谢谢 夫人
– Oh, thank you. – Thank you, ma’am.
太客气了
Very kind.
胳膊肘好点了吗 斯科特
How’s the elbow, Scott?
还好 挺好的 很好
You know, it’s good. It’s really good. It’s great.
我还是没法投球
I can’t throw the ball at all. Yeah.
你的最后一球是在本垒投的
You’ve thrown your last ball from behind home plate.
我没说错吧
That’s what I’d say.
好消息是 我们想跟你合作
Good news is, we want you at first.
想请你去奥克兰运动家队打一垒
We want you to play first base for the Oakland A’s.
好
Okay, well.
我只当过接球手
I’ve only ever played catcher.
斯科特 你做不了接球手了
Scott, you’re not a catcher anymore.
不然 就不会只有我们来找你了
If you were, our call wouldn’t have been the only one you got.
-是啊 太感激了 -不客气
– Yeah. Hey, listen, no, I appreciate it. – You’re welcome.
-但问题是… -你不会打一垒
– But the thing is, is… – You don’t know how to play first base.
-斯科特 -没错
– Scott. – That’s right.
斯科特 这没那么难
It’s not that hard, Scott.
-沃什 告诉他 -非常之难
– Tell him, Wash. – It’s incredibly hard.
这值得一试 我们会训练你
Hey, anything worth doing is. And we’re gonna teach you.
等等 杰森怎么办
Wait a minute here. I mean, but what about…
他走了 斯科特
Jason’s gone, Scott.
你想让我替吉昂比打一垒吗
You want me to take Giambi’s spot at first base?
-是的 -球迷怎么办
– Yeah. – What about the fans?
或许我可以教教他们
Maybe I can teach one of them.
球迷不会… 真有你的
The fans don’t… Good one.
经营球队的不是球迷
Fans don’t run my ball club.