You look beautiful.
但看起来像职业女性吗
But do I look professional?
跟投资方见面我真的会紧张
I get really nervous with the investors.
通常跟有钱人打交道我没问题的
I’m usually fine with wealthy people,
只是现在我有求于他们
it’s just when I need something from them,
不 恰恰相反
No, it’s the opposite,
他们需要你 和你的餐馆
They need you and your restaurant,
这种事情通常都是斯塔夫罗斯办的
Stavros usually does this stuff,
或许我不该去 我不擅长
Maybe I shouldn’t do it. I’m not good at it.
我觉得你什么都能办到
I think you can do anything. Everything.
好
Right,
要友善 无畏
Kind and fearless,
真不可思议 其实很多时候
it’s amazing how much of business
就是一件事翻来覆去说
is just stating the same thing over and over again,
你的肢体语言看上去特别自信
Your body language looked very self-confident.
谢谢 你让我感觉自己特别聪明
Thanks. You make me feel really smart.
你想去餐馆看看吗
Do you wanna see it?
好啊
Yeah!
前面这部分白天的时候是商店…
The front part would be like a shop during the day…
杂货店那种的
like a general store
或者一个漂亮的酒窖 还有欧洲进口的糖果
or a really nice bodega, candy from Europe.
礼拜一我们开始做演示方案 四月开张
On Monday, we start demo, and we open in April.
我们还会开烹饪课
We’d also have cooking classes,
或许还能理发
Maybe cut hair.
会像是一个社区中心
“It would be like a community center.”
餐馆 商店 全都在这里
and restaurant and a store all in one.
比如你 就会非常喜欢来这
It would be the place that you, like, loved to be,
我真希望自己小时候身边有这种地方
I wish I had something like that growing up,
是啊 新泽西的郊区
Yeah, suburban New Jersey
的确没有这样的地方
isn’t great with this kind of stuff,
每个盘子都是不一样的 来 我给你看
Each plate would be different, Here, let me show you.
我能来当服务生吗
Can I be a waitress here?
看见没 这些盘子
See? Look at all these plates.
天 你真的有好多盘子啊
Holy shit, you have a lot of plates.
很久以前我开始收集盘子
I started collecting them so long ago,
以前我都不知道原因 现在终于明白了
I didn’t know why and now I have a why,
这会是间很棒的餐馆
This is going to be a great restaurant,
我知道
I know!
你也会亲自做菜吗
Are you going to cook, too?
我会帮忙设计菜单 厨房♥如果有需要我会去
I’ll help create the menu and I’ll pitch in when needed.
我没受过专业训练
I’m not trained,
但我很喜欢在家里做饭
but I’m an enthusiastic home cook.
我以前总和妈妈一起做饭
I always used to cook with my mom.
餐馆名字就叫这个”妈妈家”
That’s the name of the restaurant, Mom’s.
所有格单词
Possessive,
“我们去’妈妈家’吃晚饭吧”
“Let’s go to Mom’s for dinner,.”
是啊 完全可行
Yeah, it totally works.
我能来当服务员吗
Can I be a waitress here?
我会全力以赴
I want the whole deal,
使出全力经营 一眨眼就到了40岁
I want the dead on my feet, wake up and I’m 40.
我这一辈子
I’ve spent my whole life
都在追求这个追求那个 敲别人家的门…
chasing after things and knocking at doors…
一直追着别人 我厌倦了
and I’m tired of running towards people.
我要这里成为人们想来的地方
I wan! To be the place that people come to.
创造一个家
I want to make a home
给所有四处追寻的人
for all the knockers and runners.
这我很擅长 也乐意去做
I’m good at that. I’m happy with that.
我给大家取暖
I keep the hearth.
取暖这个词没说错吧
That’s a word, right? Hearth?
我给初中生当家教
I tutor junior high
因为我的高考分数不够高
because I didn’t gel high enough SAT scores
不够辅♥导♥别人高考的…
to do SAT tutoring…
但辅♥导♥高考挣的钱要多多了
but you make way more money doing SAT’s.
所以 我打算再考一次
So, I’m gonna lake the SAT’s again
这样家教这边我也能挣更多钱了
so I can make inroads into that racket’
我一向都很擅长考试
I’ve always been a really good test taker.
等我变成餐馆老板 这些就都不必做了
None of this will be necessary when I’m a restaurateur.
但这样挺好 安排自己的各种工作
But I’m good that way, curating my employment.
那 我该在这里等你还是…
So, um, should I wait here, or…
噢我以为你要回学校呢
Oh, I thought you had to go back to school,
是 我是该回去
Right. I should.
你想留这吗
Do you want to stay?
如果你不介意的话
I mean, if you don’t mind.
我很想让你也进来 但佩吉的妈妈
I’d invite you in, but Peggy’s mom
不久刚因为躁郁症入院治疗
just got institutionalized for bipolar disorder,
所以这家人真挺麻烦的
so shit’s pretty real upstairs.
家教的内容是60%的中学数学…
Tutoring is like 60% middle school math…
40%是吹嘘自己懂得特多
40% I know too much about them.
没事 那我回家好了
That’s okay, then, I’ll just go home.
你还记得我家在哪吧
You remember where my apartment is,
去吧 拿着我的东西
go there. Bring my shit,
真的吗
Seriously?
去买♥♥点意面 我回家做
Pick up some pasta, I’ll cook.
你要哪种…
What kind of…
妈 你在家吗
Mom? Hey, are you there?
靠
Shit.
我想问问
I just wanted to know
如果你想买♥♥好一点的意面
what kind of pasta you’d buy”.
会买♥♥哪种啊
If you wanted to buy a nice pasta.
哪个牌子
Like, the brand?
收到留言的话能马上打回来吗
If you get this, can you call me back right away?
这种形状像领结的 买♥♥这种吗
This one is like bowties, Get that?
他们有普通的长条形的吗
Do they have regular spaghetti?
“意面”这个词指的是同一种
Is that pasta the same way as the others?
这是什么情♥色♥游戏是么
Is this some sex game?
没有 我们真的在说意面
No, we’re actually talking about pasta,
-喂 -我在
-Hello! -Yes.
你怎么不拿意面塞她下面
Why don’t you just put pasta up her pussy?
妮可 拜托
Nicolette, seriously!
我记得有次是空心短管形的 很好吃
I remember once enjoying a rigatoni dish.
好那我就买♥♥这种 还有领结形的
So, I’ll get that and I’ll get the bowties,
还有贝壳形的
And there’s shells,
我记得眺望河对面…
I remember looking across the river…
曼哈顿高楼永不间断的灯光
at the unblinking lights of Manhattan buildings.
在想是谁住在那里
Wondering who lived there.
X是多少都有可能 这就是X为什么是个疯狂的字母
X can be anything, any number, that’s what’s crazy about X.
我只想走进这些大楼
I just wanted to enter those spaces
爬上楼梯 然后进入梦乡
and crawl up on the floor and go to sleep.
不是这样的 它是个不确定的数
X doesn’t roll like that, X can’t be pinned down!
我现在也成了这的一部分
I was part of it now.
在一幢临时
On the fifth floor,
商♥业♥楼♥公♥寓♥的五楼
in a temporary commercial apartment.
这就是我们的城♥堡♥ 堡垒
There was our castle, our fortress.
但在窗外
But Outside the windows,
我能听见凿岩机轰轰作响的声音
I could hear the hot sound of jackhammers. ..
它正将这城市瓦解
Taking the city apart.
在纽约 街坊邻里变化之快
In New York, neighborhoods change
就像天气变化一样
as quickly as the weather.
或者应该反过来说
Or maybe it’s the other way around.
但我没能警告麦朵
But I couldn’t warn Meadow.
在我注意到的时候 已经太迟了
By the time I noticed it. It was already too late,
奈特在Instagram上发了张图
Nate dropped a gram on instagram.
gram指照片
That means a picture.
好像薄荷糖广♥告♥啊 有腔调
It looks like a really stylish breath mint ad,
是啊 戴夫是个摄影爱好者
I know! Dave’s a real shutterbug.
他有自己的手♥机♥App
He made his own app.
这两杯酒能换个免费热狗吗
Did these two drinks earn me another free hot dog?
我很想进军App产业
I would love to get into the app business.
我爸和你妈好像就是网上认识的
I think my dad met your mom on the Internet.
是啊 一个免费的约会网站
Yeah, on a free dating website.
他俩钱都没付