怎么了
What is it?
我准备往莫比乌斯文学社
I’m submitting a story
投稿一篇小说
to the Mobius Literary Society,
你说啥呢 妹子 我已经提交了
Get out of town, sister! I already gave mine.
你知道被录取后会怎样知道结果吗
Do you know how you find out if you’re in it?
他们说会公布一个名单啊
They said they post a list,
不是 名单上的
No, the only people who check the list
都是没有录取的
are the people who didn’t get in,
文学社的人会半夜进寝室把人叫醒…
They come and wake us up at night in our rooms…
把一个派砸人脸上
and put pie in our face
然后带我们去文学社那里…
and then bring us down to the quad…
让我们唱歌♥跳舞什么的
and make us sing and stuff.
是么
Yeah.
噢我的天哪
Oh, my God!
我入选了 天哪 真的
Am I in? Oh, my God, really?

Fuck!
他们都是自己选自己的 混账东西们
They’re self-elected douchebags.
我知道 但我还是想入社
I know. But I wanted to be one of them.
然后就可以安心去死了
I could die then.
是啊 我也是 我也想入社
Yeah, me too. Both, I want to be in,
然后就可以安心去死了
and I could also then die.
我听说文学社有红酒和芝士吃
I heard they serve wine and cheese
每个人都拿个公文包
and they all carry briefcases,
我知道
I know,
我来看这学校的时候…
When I had my tour here…
向导就是文学社的
the guide was one of them and that’s why
所以我才想考这学校
I wanted to come here,
我整夜都听见了派砸人脸上的声音
I heard the pie stuff all night.
我隔壁有人被选上了
They got the guy next door.
他长得甚至都不像个作家
He doesn’t even look like a writer,
真的很遗憾
I’m so sorry,
想交换看小说吗
Do you wanna trade stories?
当然
Sure,
我再去倒点鸡尾酒
I’ll refresh our screwdrivers,
我挺喜欢的
I liked it,
谢了 我也挺喜欢你写的
Thanks. I liked yours, too,
那你想听意见吗
So, you want notes?
噢 还要提意见啊…当然
Oh, are we… Sure,

Okay.
我觉得中段听上去很假
I thought the middle part sounded really fake.

Okay.
这只是我的印象
It’s just my impression,
我会改进的
I’ll work on that.
对我的你有什么意见吗
Do you have any notes for me?
嗯…
Um…
没有
No.
那好
Great,
我有辆车
I have a car,
我们去海边吧
Let’s go to the beach,
我不想离开曼哈顿
I don’t want to leave Manhattan.
那我们还开车干什么
Why are we in your car then?
我们就像活在一首歌♥里
We look like we’re in a song.
我觉得亚里士多德
I think the way Aristotle
对伦理 道德的描写…
writes about ethics and morality…
比较接近
is much closer
大多数人的想法
to how most people think about it.
不像是数学 更像是讲故事
Less like math, more like a story.
我觉得我们应该给寝室的垃圾
I think we should setup a recycling system
设立一个回收系统…
for our trash…
因为我们扔掉的很多东西
because a lo! Of what we are throwing out
都可以回收的
can be recycled,
露丝 我觉得电风扇可以收进橱子了
Ruth, I think that fan can go in the closet now,
外面只有十来度了
It’s 50 degrees out,
你今天看上去挺开心啊
You seem happy today.
我爱死给文件备案了 好有满足感
I love filing. It’s satisfying,
慢着点啊 崔茜
Slow down, T!
-嘿 -嘿
-Hey. -Hey.

Hey.
不再有寂寞的夜
No more lonely nights.
你就是启明星
You my guiding light.
我是斯蒂维•费什科
This is Stevie Fishko.
我现在无法接电♥话♥ 请留言…
I can? Come to the phone now. Please leave me a mess…
希望我永远不会错过
May I never miss the thrill
在你身边感到的激♥情♥
Of being near you.
你拨♥打♥的是布鲁克•卡迪纳斯的电♥话♥
You’ve reached Brooke Cardinas.
请留下姓名和电♥话♥号♥码
Leave your name and number
我会尽早联♥系♥你
and I will get back to you at my earliest convenience.
我会做
I will do.
自己认为
What I feel.
对的事
To be right.
不再有寂寞的夜
No more lonely nights.
再也不要
Never be another.
不再有寂寞的夜
No more lonely nights.

Hello?
你好 我是布鲁克•卡迪纳斯
Hi, this is Brooke Cardinas.
刚才这个号♥码显示有个未接来电
I just got a missed call from this number.
你好
Hi.
对不起 我是崔茜•费什科
Sorry. Um, this is Tracy Fishko.
我妈和你♥爸♥准备结婚的
My mom is marrying your dad.
是你要念十四行诗的对吧
You’re reading the sonnet!
是 我们两家要一起过感恩节
Right. We’re doing Thanksgiving
然后一起办婚礼
and then wedding together,
我在纽约上大学
I go to college in the city
我妈说我可以打电♥话♥找你
and my mom said I should call you.
你吃东西了吗 想见面一起玩吗
Have you eaten? Do you want to hang out?
呃…
Uh…
我还没吃呢 好啊
No, I haven’t. Okay.
那 你知道时报广场在哪吗
“Well”, do you know where Times Square is?
崔茜
Tracy!
欢迎来到星光璀璨的百老汇
Welcome to the Great White Way!
时报广场实在太疯狂了
Times Square is so crazy!
是吧
Isn’t it?
我不认识有人住这边的…
I don’t know anyone who lives here…
本人就是啊
Yours truly,
我从新泽西坐大巴来
I got off the bus from Jersey,
觉得住在这边会特别酷
I thought this was the cool place to live.
他妈的 这可是时报广场啊
It’s motherfucking Times Square!
你怎么会来纽约的
Why do you live in New York?
来上大学 我在巴纳德学院
College. I go to Barnard.
在上城 全女生的学校…
It’s all women uptown…
建校以来就是这样 不过其实现在也全是女生
Well, “historically” and kind of actually,
但我们班上也有男生
But there are boys in my classes and stuff.
是哥大的
From Columbia.
-你是拉拉吗 -不是
-You gay? -No,
哥大的女生全都竭尽所能地 让我们感觉自己低人一等
The Columbia girls do their best to make us feel inferior,
而我的想法是”我已经这么感觉了”
which it’s like, “I already do.”
什么蠢话 别感觉自己低人一等
That’s stupid. Don’t feel inferior,
没错 这想法的确很蠢
You’re right. That is stupid,
我没上过大学
I never went to college,
我”自学成材”的 知道这个词什么意思吗
I’m an autodidact. Do you know what that means?
知道
Yes.
这个词也是我自己教会自己的
That word is one of the things I self-taught myself.
他们都很爱你 你是个好女孩
They all love you, you’re a good girl.
等你醒来就能发现有新的人
When you awake you’ll find another man.
躺在你身边
Lying beside you.
大学感觉怎么样
What’s going on at college?
所有人都特别喜欢
Everyone’s really excited about
学生中心的冻酸奶机
the frozen yogurt machine in the student center.
-我看着我妈妈死的 -什么
-I watched my mother die. -What?
我妈去世的时候我陪着她
I was with my mother while she died.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!