I mean, we both know actresses, Guinevere.
有时候我确实会认为那可能 你明白的
It did occur to me that it might be, you know,
只是单纯为了得到那个角色
purely to secure the part?
我十分确信拉弗塞小姐深信你是最…
I have no doubt that Miss Lafosse believes that you are one of the most…
毋庸置疑 那间屋子里最重要的人
Unquestionably, the most important man in that room.
亲爱的夫人 你真的这么想
My dear woman, do you really think so?
是的
I do.
我心里的疑云都解开了
The scales have fallen from my doubting eyes.
-帮到你很高兴 -帮忙
-So pleased to have helped. -Helped?
你刚刚使我变成世界上最幸福的男人了
You’ve just made me the happiest man in the world.
看起来你好像让他印象深刻啊
You seem to have made quite an impression on him.
噢 是的 确实是 不是吗
Oh. Yes. I do, don’t I?
乔·布洛姆菲利普德
Joe Blomfield.
幸会
A great pleasure.
我们是不是见过 我确信我在哪儿见过你
Have we met before? I feel sure I recognize you from somewhere.
我没印象
I don’t think so,
但很高兴认识你
but I’m delighted to make your acquaintance.
我相信我见过你的未婚妻
I have met your fiancee, I believe.
伊迪萨 呃…
Edythe? Um…
恐怕不能再称作是我的未婚妻了
No longer my fiancee, I’m afraid.
是吗 我很抱歉 希望不是彻底的分手
Really? I’m so sorry. Not a permanent rift, I hope?
恐怕不便细谈
It would be ungentlemanly of me to go into the details.
理解
Of course.
这些东西真的很棒 不是吗
You know, these things are amazing, aren’t they?
我可以吗
May I?
-当然 -失陪一下
-Why not? -Excuse me.
有进展吗
Progress?
好像没有
I’m afraid not.
也不可能有
Nor is there likely to be.
改变可是有两条道的 吉娜薇
Transformations work both ways, Guinevere.
我只需要花30秒 你就可以继续回去排队领汤了
It would take me 30 seconds to put you back in the soup kitchen queue.
早跟你说过 我看人过目不忘
I told you, I never forget a face.
在维多利亚车站
Victoria Station.
我也不会忘了你昨晚是跟谁一块儿乘出租车的
Nor have I forgotten with whom you shared a taxi last night.
哦 你忘了
Oh, you have.
如果你想继续跟着黛莉西亚的话 你必须忘了
If you want to continue working for Delysia, you have.
我们所有人在各自的生活里都需要一些东西
Now we all of us need things in our life.
我需要乔的…
I need Joe for his…
他的社会关系不错 而你需要…
Well, he’s a man of connections. And you need…
我猜你的需要就是不要睡大街
You need to stay off of the streets, I imagine.
我知道伊迪萨把一切都跟你说了
I see Edythe has told you all.
如果这个不算鲁莽 我会揭发伊迪萨…
If it weren’t to commit another indiscretion, I might disclose Edythe is…
正如拉弗塞小姐所说 她为你很疯狂
As Miss Lafosse would say, crazy about you.
我也毫不客气的说
To be indiscreet back,
她对我在流行界的地位
she’s rather more crazy about my position in the fashion world
比对我更疯狂
than she is about me.
被看低的女人比较危险
A woman scorned is a dangerous thing.
一颗受伤的心往往语出伤人 布洛姆菲利普德先生
And a bruised heart will often speak harshly, Mr. Blomfield.
噢 有时候我很想知道伊迪萨的心到底在哪儿
Oh, I sometimes wonder where Edythe’s heart has got to.
我认为一个内心冷漠的女人是不会为这个掉眼泪的
A woman with an absent heart would not shed such tears, I think.
伊迪萨
Edythe?
掉眼泪
Shed tears?
你们这种人
You people!
喝酒聊天 寻欢作乐 还有各种借口
With your green drinks and your parties and your subterfuges.
你们对爱情都只是玩玩
You’re all playing at love.
前一分钟是她 下一分钟是别人
One minute her, the next minute someone else.
换啊 换啊 换啊
Flit, flit, flit.
我可不是玩玩
Well, I’m not playing.
爱情不是游戏
Love is not a game.
你又显神通了
You’ve worked your magic again.
-我不能这么做 -你已经做到了
-I can’t do it. -You’ve already done it.
乔刚过来问我
Joe just came up and asked me
他毁了婚约算不算一个坏男人
if he was being a cad breaking off the engagement.
我不知道你对他说了什么 但是我相信我们胜利在握了
I’ve no idea what you said, but I believe we’ve got him.
你真是太了不起了
It must be extraordinary being you.
了不起 不 非常非常普通了
Extraordinary? No. Very, very ordinary.
黛莉西亚 亲爱的 吉娜薇说的都是真的吗
Delysia, darling, is it true what Guinevere said?
如果P小姐这么说 你完全可以确信无疑
Well, if Miss P said it, you can bet your shirt on it.
这么说我可以将我们的事公布于众了
So I can tell the whole world about you and me?
正式的那种宣言 像是 死也不分开
Officially an item, what? Till death us do part?
什么
What?
并且同时你宣布下你所选定的演员 亲爱的
At the very same time that you announce your casting decision, sweets.
噢
Oh!
还有比现在更适当的时间吗
And what better time than right now?
你说的非常正确 就是这个时刻
You’re absolutely right, damn it. This very minute.
来吧 没人 不要再浪费时间了 上马
Come on, gorgeous, no time to waste. To horse.
我想这些是必要的
Well, I suppose that was necessary.
你想要那个角色 但他已经选择了那位兔女郎
You wanted the part. He’d already chosen the Rabbit.
不 黛莉西亚 你不能这么做
No, Delysia, you mustn’t do this.
但我必须这么做
But I must.
女士们先生们
Ladies and gentlemen,
众所周知
as you might know,
我将安排在大使♥馆♥演出”胡椒粉堆” 有人不知道
I’m putting on Pile on the Pepper at the Ambassador, don’t you know?
我没提过此事
Have I mentioned this?
不管怎样 我很高兴地宣布 今天
Anyway, it is my pleasure to announce that I have, today,
我定下了女主角的名单 是谁呢
cast the lead actress, what?
她不仅是”胡椒粉堆”里的那个霍滕西亚
She is not only Hortensia in Pile on the Pepper,
也是我的霍滕西亚 如果你们懂我的意思
she is also my Hortensia, if you know what I mean.
女士们先生们
Ladies and gentlemen,
你们的霍滕西亚和我的霍滕西亚
your Hortensia and my Hortensia,
就是黛莉西亚·拉弗塞
Delysia Lafosse!
那么
So
开始跳舞吧
let’s dance!
迈克尔
Michael?
-我可以吗 -请坐
-May I? -Please.
他们记不起上一次了
They don’t remember the last one.
是 他们记不起了
No. They don’t.
黛莉西亚的名字在大使♥馆♥大放异彩啊 你们觉得如何
Delysia’s name in lights at the Ambassador. What do you think of that?
毫无疑问这就是黛莉西亚一直想要的
Well, it’s certainly what Delysia’s always wanted.
乔 亲爱的
Joe, my dear,
我永远不能原谅昨晚我们之间的那个误会
I don’t think I could ever forgive myself if last night’s misunderstanding
阻碍了我们之间一些非常非常重要的东西
got in the way of something so, so important to us both.
我想知道
I was wondering,
你是不是能陪我走回家 好给我机会解释
could you walk me home and let me explain?
当然 亲爱的 当然
Of course, my dear. Of course.
见过你很高兴
Nice to have met you.
看到那些飞机了吗 它们不是很壮观吗
Did you see the planes? Weren’t they magnificent?
女士
Madam?
现在不用 谢谢
Not now, thank you.
你知道吗
Well, what do you know?
这是我最后一晚在俱乐部唱歌♥
It’s my last night singing at the club.
我要成为明星了
I’m going to be a star.
你不准备恭喜下我吗
Well, aren’t you going to congratulate me?
我帮了倒忙
I have done you a disservice.
你只是做了我叫你做的 那是你的工作
You have done what I asked. That’s your job.
对于工作来说也许是好的
It may well be my job,
但我所做的对你对我自己都不够诚实
but what I have done is untrue to you and untrue to me.
你失去了一个爱你的男人
You have lost a man who loves you for who you are,
他爱你 是因为你是你而不是你装成谁
not for who you pretend to be.
那么你 你又是谁
And you, who are you
敢来告诉我什么对我的生活是最好的
to tell me what’s best for my life?
-我谁也不是 -但很显然是个爱情专家
-I’m nobody. -But apparently an expert on love.
不是
No.
我独身一人
I have no one.
在爱情方面我不是专家
I am not an expert on love.
在缺少爱这方面我是个专家 黛莉西亚
I am an expert on the lack of love, Delysia.
而且我非常想把你从我那样的命运中解救出来
And that is a fate from which I wish most fervently to save you.
吉娜薇
Guinevere.
不要同情我 我自己能处理得很好 谢谢
No pity, please. I endure quite well, thank you.
去哪儿 小姐
Where to, ma’am?
请到”红孔雀”