victory drawing closer with every basket.
胜利随着每一球都拉得越来越近了
He wanted everybody to see his special skill,
他想要大家看到他的精彩球技
And for Michael, the way to develop the mind
而对于迈克尔 心灵的成长旅程
when I felt like I should have made the team,
当我觉得我应该能进入校队
The disappointment was so deep, like a cut,
失望是那么的深 像一个伤口
from where I chewed some gum and chewed it so hard
我嚼得太大力了
behind their tireless guard, Reggie Miller.
雷吉.米勒 赢得了第三比赛
don’t care what happened in the other series.
也不在乎其它系列赛的情况
or at least think about it for a few seconds.
或者至少会考虑几分钟的人
He has such a will to accomplish a mission.
他拥有一种要完成使命的意志力
with the disappearance of Michael Jordan’s father.
我们开始的新闻
the only thing,I wish my father was there.
唯一的事情是 我希望我父亲在
and that he was willing to be part of this.
而他也愿意成为这其中的一部份
and I think that was the beauty of his game,
而我也觉得那是他比赛的魅力
It was as if everything he had ever accomplished.
一切就像是他从未完成
If that’s the last image of Michael Jordan,
如果那是迈克尔·乔丹的最后的画面
Look to Michael. He catches, two dribbles,
看到了迈克尔 他接球 运了两下
But this would be no nostalgic farewell tour,
但这不会是怀旧的告别演出赛
not only to become a great defensive player,
不仅变成了一位伟大的防守球员
I think Michael has transcended every boundary
我觉得迈克尔已经超越了所有
when Miller and Jordan would square off again.
米勒和乔丹又较起劲儿来了
and do it with the same conviction and attitude.
用打篮球相同的信念和态度
that I didn’t have no reason being in the sport,
我不应出现在这项运动
When those negative things started to happen,
当这些负面的东西开始发生时
and I would see this guy working to get better.
我看到这伙计做得更好了
because your best player always brought that.
因为你最好的球员总会做榜样
to sacrifice some of his own game for that.
为此他会牺牲一些属于自己的比赛
You’re going to have to take an arm and leg,
你得要砍下他的一只手和一只脚
but he gave me the understanding about life…
但是他从一个完全不同框架
and scored more than half of his team’s points.
而得分超过他队友的一半
now saw the results of a lifetime of hard work.
现在看到了一生努力的成果
as we move to the Eastern Conference Finals…
我们把目光转移到东区决赛…
But there was still a half of basketball to play.
不过比赛还有一半要打
they should make an impact on someone’s life.
就应当对某些人的人生产生影响
and how to relax myself in situations like that.
如何在那种局面放松自己
MJ spins along the base line, goes up and scores.
乔丹底线转身 跳起得分
Do you still feel like you guys are the underdogs?
你还觉得你们是弱势者吗
He had played nearly every minute of the game,
他几乎打满了比赛的每一分钟
that there was at least someone up there that night.
发现那晚起码有人
The level of faith that I have in anything in life
人生中有关任何事情的信念
The shorts, the shoes, “Must be the shoes.”
这短裤 这双鞋 一定是这双鞋 ”
Then Michael led the Bulls on a furious rally.
于是迈克尔带领公牛队重整旗鼓
I mean, everybody had to leave it on the floor.
我是说 每个人得放手一搏
And I asked, “What do you see in the crowd?”
于是我问 你在人群之中看到了什么”
And for once in your life, you are the underdog.
在生命中你曾经是个失败者
Michael finally seemed worn out by his efforts.
迈克尔最后似乎努力得不行了
Dennis and Karl are going to get down on the post,
丹尼斯和卡尔去到低位
what makes you the best player in the universe?
是什么让你成为世界上最好的球手呢
Good afternoon, everyone, and welcome once again.
大家下午好 再次欢迎
“Have no fear.We’re going to win this ball game.”
不用害怕 我们会赢得比赛的
When my father died,I had him for 32 years.
当我父亲去世时 我已拥有他32年了
I asked him what it was like for him in the morning.
我问他早晨感觉怎样
and there’s no one, really, out on the roads yet.
路上还没有一个人 真的
saying that Michael Jordan has embarrassed baseball!
写着乔丹使棒球比赛难堪
I don’t think anybody will touch his greatness.
我不认为有人能到达那种伟大的高度
I thought Utah was going to be the NBA champions.
我以为犹他会成为总冠军呢
with their outside shooting and the physical play.
带着外线投篮和强硬的打法
the Jazz dominated the Western Conference playoffs.
爵士们统治了西区决赛
and we wouldn’t have had to go to the fifth game.
而我们也不必打第五场比赛了
that I use to help make my decisions to this day.
到今天我用以帮助自己做决定
to just be apart of,if this is the last run,
参与其中 如果这真是他的最后一赛季
and you’re going to have to drag him off the floor.
如果你要把他拖到地板上
The countdown to the championship had reached one.
冠军之路仅一场胜利之遥了
Back in Utah, Michael was operating on his own.
回到犹他 迈克尔执行着自己的想法
but that’s like out of all 50,000 top athletes.
但是你想挑选五万名杰出的运动员
We had a six-game road trip.Michael had some spasms
我们有次连续六场作战客场
carry him off the bus, off the plane to the bus…
载着他下了巴士 再下飞机
So you can imagine the disappointment that I got…
所以你可以想像我有多失望
I’m not going to let you lose your first game.”
我不会让你输掉你的第一场比赛的 ”
I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career…
在职业生涯中我错失了9000多球
By the end of game six, doubters were saying.
第6场比赛快要结束时 还有人♥质♥疑说
lose, and end his career on a note of defeat.
输球 就会以失败划下职业生涯的句点
I was lucky that he was there when I needed him.
我觉得幸运的是当我需要他时他在
and be the last person to leave every night also.
而他也是每晚最后一个离开的人
What it did teach me was, don’t be afraid to try.
它教会我的是 别害怕去尝试
to give me the positive reinforcements that I needed.
给我一些我积极的帮助
And Jordan said, I get up before the sun comes up,
他说 我在太阳升起前起来
everybody wants to be apart of it and witness it.
每一人都愿参与其中见证那一刻
game one was history to Michael and the Bulls.
第1场已成为迈克尔和公牛队的过去了
Even when the Bulls weren’t superior physically,
即使当公牛队的身体状况不是很好
the celebrated teamwork of the Jazz was clicking,
爵士队著名的团队合作频频奏效
or l would want people to say, and it’s simple…
或是我想人们去说的 很简单
When Jordan would go out for the spotlight introduction,
当乔丹准备出场时
he would look up into the stands and he would realize.
他会抬头看看座位席上
We’d play ball games, and after the games were over,
我们打比赛 比赛结束后
And if I can ever pass anything on to my kids…
如果我能传递些什么给我孩子的话…
when you have your own statue outside the stadium,
当你在球场外有自己的塑像的话
Michael circles, spins, hangs, fires, scores!
迈克尔弧顶 转身 跳起 出手 得分
And I don’t think that should ever be over looked.
而我认为那是绝对不应被忽视的
With a fourth-quarter lead, the Utah crowd sensed
带着第四节的领先 爵士人们感觉到
day after day that I stepped on the basketball court,
即使我已经站在世界的巅峰
“After 13 seasons, you still go out every night.
在13个赛季后 你仍能每晚站出来
Today, when everyone really tries to be like Mike,
今天 当人们真的尝试模仿迈克
These two teams were two and two in the regular season.
在常规赛两队各胜两场
and McKey stole the ball, and that’s going to do it.
迈基抢到了球 步行者会赢
And I look at the seat next to me and I see my Dad,
而我看看旁边的座位见到我父亲
The fact that this might be Michael’s last chance.
事实上这可能是迈克尔最后的机会
to deal with the realities of life surrounding you,
去应对你生活环境中的现实情况
you still would play the game of basketball somewhere.
你还会去某个地方打球的
And he would say he was playing for those people there
而他会说我是为那些人而战
And my advice would be let them just enjoy the game.
而我的建议就是 让他们享受球赛
but with the 1982 NCAA Championship at stake,
但是在1982年NCAA冠军赛的危急关头时
Please make sure your seat belts are securely fastened…
请确认系好安全带…
hops through, falls, fires on the rim and it’s good!
跳出包夹 后仰 出手 精彩
but I know you’ll be ready to play on Wednesday.
但是我知道你们会在星期三准备好迎战的
Knowing that this was going to be the last opportunity.
知道这是会是最后的机会
It is a trait that I would never trade anything for!
它是一种我不会用任何事物交换的特性
The Tar Heels are going to win the national championship!
北卡即将赢得NCAA冠军
There have been so many things that he has popularized.
有很多事物因他而大受欢迎
Because that’s what he actually got me started playing.
因为那才是最初他真正教我玩的
I think that experience itself kind of gave him a blessing
我想经验的本身有种动力
What a great experience, you know, to go through,
多么美好的经验啊 你知道 能经历
These would be Michael’s last games in Chicago.
这可能会是迈克尔在芝加哥最后的几场比赛了
His whole emotional approach to a game of basketball
他将所有的情感方式都注入球赛中
for the Bulls, a win would mean the championship.
对公牛队来说 一场胜利就意味着冠军
The Bulls were still feeling the effects of game five.
由于背部不好的斯科蒂·皮蓬
he would need everything he had learned along the way.
他需要拿出他一路上所学一切
and so I choose this opportune time to make my steal,
所以我选择这次机会去做个抢断
Once you get in the moment, you know you’re there.
一旦你遇到了这种时刻 你知道你在
that’s had that ability that Michael Jordan’s had…
拥有迈克尔·乔丹拥有的那些能力
in the kind of way he did it in this game of basketball.
像他在篮球场上那样战斗
His legacy is a newborn child ten years from now.
他流传的故事像是十年之后的一个新生儿
No matter what happens in this business of basketball,
不管篮球事业发生了什么事情
in his hometown of Wilmington, North Carolina…
是整个下午都耗在北卡罗来纳州 他老家威明顿
when he tried out for the varsity team at Laney High.
是在他尝试成为兰尼高中的校队时
of making your varsity team, which is a big thing.
都注入成为校队的事情上 那是件大事
he’d run what we called “suicides”or line drills…
他则做我们称为所谓的自杀或跑底线…
Rose backs in. Now, Rose, stripped by Michael.
罗斯收回来 现在 罗斯 球被迈克尔拍掉
that we were going to win. And he was going to do well.
我们会赢 而且他也会做好
You were in the conference finals.In the seventh game,
你来到的是东区决赛 第7场

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!