I’m still not happy with it,
我对它还不是很满意
As soon as it’s ready,
当我完成的时候
then I am going to glaze it onto a plate…
我会把它装在一个盘子上…
and put it next to the urn, Nice,
放到骨灰盒旁 不错
It’s very special,
这是一首特别的诗
“My Mother” by Jack Byrnes,
“我的母亲” 杰克·布莱恩作
You gave me life, you gave me milk,
你赐予我生命 你给予我乳汁
you gave me courage,
你给我勇气
Your name was Angela, the angel from heaven,
你的名字是安吉拉 来自天堂的天使
but you were also an angel of God, and He needed you too,
你也是神的天使 他也需要你
Selfishly I tried to keep you here…
我自私的想留下你…
while the cancer ate away your organs…
但是癌症吞噬着你的身体…
like an unstoppable rebel force,
就像无法阻止的叛乱力
But I couldn’t save you, and I shall see your face…
但是我却无法拯救你 我将再也无法…
nevermore, nevermore,
见到你的容颜
nevermore,
再也见不到了
until we meet…in heaven,”
直到我们…在天堂相遇
Daddy, that’s beautiful,
爸爸 太美了
It always gets me, Amazing, SoSo…
每次都能感动我 太棒了…
So much love, yet also so much information,
那么深的爱 那么美好的词句
It takes a lot out of him,
他很伤心 因为他母亲的死
Greg, would you like some yams? Thank you, Oh, yeah,
葛瑞格 要洋芋吗? 谢谢 好的
You must’ve had vegetables fresher than that, growing up on a farm, Greg,
你在农场长大 一定吃过更新鲜的蔬菜
Dad, uh, Greg grew up in Detroit,
爸爸 葛瑞格在底特律长大的
He told me he grew up on a farm,
他告诉我他在农场长大的
Do they have many farms in Detroit? No, Dina, no, not a lot,
底特律有很多农场吗? 不 蒂娜 不很多
In fact, Jack, I should clarify this,
事实上 我应该澄清一下
I didn’t actually grow up…on a farm per se,
我实际上不是在…农场长大的
The house we grew up in was originally erected…
我家的房♥子是建在原来的…
in the early Dutch farm, colonial style,
早期的荷兰农场上 殖民地风格的
So that, plus we had a lot of pets…
所以我们有很多动物…
Which one did you milk then? Dad!
你挤过什么的奶? 老爸!
Honey, he said he pumped milk,
亲爱的 他告诉我他挤过奶
What have you ever milked?
你挤过什么奶?
A cat,
猫奶
A cat?
猫?
I milked a cat once, You wanna hear a story? Sure,
我挤过一次 想听这个故事吗? 当然
My sister had a cat, and the cat birthed a litter of kittens,
我妹妹有一只猫 它又生了一堆小猫
Must’ve been 30 of them, and there was this one little runt…
应该有30只 但是有一只矮小的…
this little sweet little…little-engine-that-could runt…
这个小可怜…这个发育不良的小可怜…
who wanted to get up there and couldn’t really get access to the…
想去够 但又够不着…
to the…to the… to the teat,
够不着…够不着…奶头
Teat?
奶头?
Dad, What have you,
爸 是啊
I went in and just simply, you know,just…
我过去只是 你知道 只是…
into a little saucer,
挤到一个小碟子里
then took the saucer and fed it to Geppetto…that’s what I named him,
就这样喂吉佩图…我给它起的名字
I had no idea you could milk a cat,
我没想到你能给猫挤奶
Oh, yeah, you can milk anything with nipples,
是啊 只要有奶头你就可以挤奶
I have nipples, Greg, Could you milk me?
我有奶头 葛瑞格 你能挤出奶吗?
Okay, could we change the subject perhaps?
我们能不能换个话题?
Oh! Champagne, champagne, Yes,
香槟 香槟 对
I thought maybe we could celebrate with a little bubbly, That’d be great,
我想我们应该用香槟庆祝一下 好极了
Good idea, Yum!
好主意 好极了
“I have nipples, Can you milk me??”
我有奶头 你能挤出奶吗??
Well, in a funny way, you’ve already seen Deb’s ring,
对了 你们已经看过黛比的戒指了
Mm-hmm, that’s true,
恩 是啊
Would anybody care for a bottle of Oyster Bay Drug and Sundries finest champagne?
有人会嫌弃牡蛎湾杂货铺最好的香槟吗?
That is so sweet of you, Greg, Isn’t that a nice gesture?
你真好 葛瑞格 这不是很好的礼节吗?
That’s very nice, How could I have seen Debbie’s ring, Mom?
是很好 我怎样才能看到黛比的戒指?
Well, when I gave Bob the okay to propose to Deb,
当我同意黛比嫁给伯比时
I put him in touch with my diamond guy,
我让他找了我一个卖♥♥珠宝的朋友
and he picked out the same design kevin gave you,
他选了和凯文给你的一个样式的
kevin, your old boyfriend? Thanks, Dad,
凯文 你的前男友? 谢谢 爸爸
Well, yeah, kevin was Pam’s fiance,
是啊 凯文是帕姆的未婚夫
Oh, my God,
啊! 天啊!
J…Jinxy, no! Psst!
金…金柯西 别过去!
Jinxy, no!
金柯西 别这样!
Shit,
该死
Greg, sweetie, how you doing?
葛瑞格 甜心 你还好吧?
Oh,just fine, considering I desecrated your grandma’s remains,
还好 想想我亵渎了你奶奶的骨灰
found out you were engaged and had your father ask me to milk him,
发现你订过婚 还有你♥爸♥问我怎么挤他的奶
At least back then he was still talking to me,
最起码他还在和我说话
I can’t believe you didn’t tell me you were that close, Who,Daddy and me?
不敢相信你没告诉我 你们关系那么亲密 我和我爸?
No, Kevin and you,
不是 你和凯文
Do we have to know everything about each other’s pasts?
我们一定要知道对方的过去吗?
You never told me about your cat-milking days in Motown,
你也从没告诉我 你在老家给猫挤奶
That was a long time ago, Pam,
那是很早以前的事 帕姆
Yeah, okay, well, so was this,
好吧 好吧 是这样
kevin’s and my connection was more physical than anything else,
凯文和我的关系只是身体上的
Physical? Like what? Like you worked out together?
身体上? 比如什么? 你们共事过?
No, no, it was nothing, nothing, It was a stupid sexual thing,
不不 没什么 只是愚蠢的性活动
I’m gonna go throw up now,
我要吐了
Greg, listen,
葛瑞格 听着
kevin and I were only engaged for a month before I realized that I’d made a mistake,okay?
凯文和我订婚一个月 我就发现自己犯了一个错误
I-I-I gave back the ring, I moved to Chicago,
我还他戒指 搬到了芝加哥
and I met and fell in love with you,okay,so can we please drop this?
然后我和你相遇相爱了 我们能不能忘掉这些?
Okay,
好吧
Good, I just feel like this is not going well at all,
好 我只是觉得哪里不对劲
I feel like your dad hates me, He doesn’t hate you, sweetie,
我觉得你♥爸♥讨厌我 他没有讨厌你 甜心
Come on, Just give him a chance, all right?
别这样 给他一个机会 好吗?
Maybe he’s nervous too, huh?
也许他也很紧张
I thought he would love my gift, you know, being this big flower guy,
我以为他会喜欢我的礼物 他不是做花卉生意的吗
but it’s like he didn’t even show the slightest bit of interest,
但是没看出他感一点兴趣
Listen to me, Forget the gift,
听着 忘了礼物的事
You are the most adorable, loving, sweetest man in the whole world,
你是世界上最可爱 最好的男人
and I love you,
我爱你
And very soon my parents are gonna see that…
很快我父母就会发现这点…
and grow to love you too, okay?
并且开始喜欢你
Okay?
好吗?
Speaking of growing to love you…
说到我爱你…
Honey, it’s late, Come on, I know it’s late,
亲爱的 夜深了 拜托 我知道晚了
But Mr.Winky is still on Chicago time,
但要是按芝加哥时间来算
and we both know there’s only one way to make Mr.Winky go away,
那可一点都不晚
And there it is,
他来了
What’s with the robe?
睡衣怎么回事?
It’s Pam’s, My pajamas are in the suitcase with everything else,
是帕姆的 我的睡衣和其他东西都在行李箱里
Hey, I’ll lend you a pair of Jack’s, Okay, honey? Sure,
我借你杰克的吧 好吗 亲爱的 当然
You don’t have to do that, Dina, Oh, no, no, no,
你不一定要么做 蒂娜 没事 没事
No, that’s fine, We have to,
没事 应该的
Thank you, You’re welcome,
谢谢 别客气
Look, Greg, I just wanna say, don’t worry about what happened tonight,
葛瑞格 我只想说 别在意晚上的事
Oh, thanks, Jack, Still, I feel horrible, I mean…
谢谢 杰克 但是我还是觉得很可怕…
Well, it was a horrible thing,
那是一件可怕的事
But let’s just put all that behind us and enjoy our weekend together,
但是让我们忘了它 好好一起享受周末
Okay, Okay, Thank you, Daddy,
好的 谢谢 爸爸
Oh, thank you, Thanks, Mom,
谢谢 谢谢 妈
These’ll do just fine, Good night,
都会好的 晚安
Night-night,
晚安
Good night, sweetie, See you in the morning, Good night,
晚安 甜心 明天见 晚安
Have a nice sleep, Okay, you too,
睡个好觉 你也是
Oh, no, no, no, Greg, we made up the pull out for you down in the den,
错了错了 我们在楼下为你准备了床
Oh, okay,’cause Pam said I should sleep in Debbie’s room,
好吧 帕姆说我可以睡在黛比的房♥间
Well, Debbie’ll be sleeping here tomorrow,
黛比明天就会在这里睡了
This way, you’ll have more privacy, you’ll have your own bathroom,
这样你可以有更多的隐私 有单独的浴室
just try not to flush the toilet, It’s always a little quirky,
就是最好别往便座冲水 它总是有问题
Okay, Oh, one more thing,
好吧 还有一件事
I’m a realist, I understand it’s the 2 1 st century,
我是现实主义者 我了解现在是21世纪
and you’ve probably had premarital relations with my daughter,
你可能和我女儿有婚前性行为
But under our roof, it’s my way or the Long Island Expressway,
但是在这里 我有我的原则

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!