Well, that, uh, ain’t high enough, is it?
听着,我们只花一千六买♥♥下西翰那块
Now listen, we just bought out Sheehan down there for 1,600.
旅馆、出租马厩,所有全部
Hotel, his livery stable, the whole works.
现在,你却无法动弹了?
Well, now, you certainly got fucked there, didn’t you?
麦凯比先生,如果我们无法理性地好好谈谈……
Listen, uh, Mr. McCabe, if we can’t talk this over reasonably –
我们被权授同你合作,因为我们相信……
We were empowered to work with you because we were led to believe
你是这个镇的领袖市民
that you were the town’s leading citizen,
很有常识的市民,如果你明白我的意思的话
a man of good common sense, if you know what I mean.
罗巴克,你知道
Roebuck, uh, you know,
如果青蛙有翅膀,就不会这么多次跌到屁♥股♥
if a frog had wings he wouldn’t bump his ass so much.
– 你明白我说的吧? – 什么?
-You follow me? -What?
我现在的利润比你古怪的公♥司♥还高
Well, I got better offers than that from Monkey Ward.
所以,如果你们想跟我谈交易……
So if you boys wanna talk business with me,
你们要做的就是把报价提高到合情合理的程度
what you gotta do is, you gotta get your offer way up there in the air where it belongs.
斯莫利,我要玩无上限的赌局行吗?
Uh, Smalley, fill up that, uh, no-limit game for me, will ya.
你觉得怎么样?
Well, now, what do you think of that?
他真的很聪明
He’s a real smart-ass, he is.
MRS. MILLER: Let’s go.
生日快乐,伯蒂!
ALL: Happy birthday, Birdie!
(excited chattering)
哦,看这个
Oh, look at the beautiful cake!
不可爱吗?
Oh, it’s –
莉莉,你做的吗?真美
SMALLEY: Did you make that, Lily? It’s beautiful.
(chattering continues, faint)
我绝对吹不灭它们
SMALLEY: Oh. I could never blow ’em out.
哦,等一下,麦凯比先生不在这儿
Oh! Well, Mr. McCabe isn’t –
别担心麦凯比,他今晚不会过来了
SMALLEY: Don’t worry about McCabe. I don’t think he’ll be over tonight.
他也喝了一个
-Uh, well, he was tying one on. -(all laughing)
来吧,快点
-Oh. -Come on.
不,你要先许个愿
-No, you got to make a wish. -(Birdie whispering)
你许什么愿?
-Um – -BERG: What’d you wish?
许个愿
-BIRDIE: I – -WOMAN: Don’t!
(Birdie chuckles)
-SMALLEY: I can’t do that. -(all cheering, chattering)
我要中间有花的
-Take them all out. -I want the one with the flower.
把我的头弯下来 不,谢谢你 我只想要一块蛋糕
SMALLEY: Bend my head down. No, thank you. I’d just like a piece of cake.
太令人兴奋了
BIRDIE: It’s just so exciting!
我要那块上面有花的
WOMAN: I want the one with the flower!
康妮,你不留下来吃块我的生日蛋糕吗?
BIRDIE: Oh, Connie, aren’t you gonna stay and have a piece of my cake?
她怎么了?
WOMAN: What’s wrong with her?
她偶尔会想要静一静
She’s gotten into one of them quiet times.
(chattering continues, faint)
♪♪ (stand-up music box: melody)
♪♪ (continues)
(knocking)
谁? 呃…… 是我
-Who’s that? -Uh, uh, it’s… me.
你要干嘛?
-What do you want? -Well, uh –
开门吧,快点
O-Open the door. Come on.
听着,别以为能用月桂油唬弄我了
Listen, don’t think you can fool me with that Bay Rum again,
那没有用的
’cause it won’t work.
你洗过澡了吗?
You had a bath?
女士,我泡很久了,我的屁♥眼♥都皱了
Madam, I’ve been in the goddamn water so long, my ass is wrinkled up.
开门吧
Now, open the door.
有时候,你真让我不舒服
You make me sick sometimes.
你就不能为了那个可怜的小女孩的生日出现吗?
Couldn’t you even turn up for that poor little girl’s birthday party?
小姐,我有话要告诉你
I’ll tell you something, little lady.
有两个家伙今天来我的沙龙,说要全部买♥♥下
A couple gimpers come in the saloon tonight and offered to buy me out.
整个产业
My whole spread.
谁会这么笨?
Who’d do a dull thing like that?
Well, uh, uh –
哈瑞斯与肖尼斯什么的
It’s, uh, “Harrison,” Shaughnessey, something like that.
对我开价五千五百元
Offered me $5,500.
别把你的帽子放在床上,那样触霉头
Take your hat off the bed. It’s bad luck.
五千五还不坏吧,米勒太太?
$5,500. ‘Tain’t bad, eh, Mrs. Miller?
我就装糊涂,跟他们说不…… 然后继续我的生意
I played it smart as a possum. I give ’em a “no” and went right on about my business.
我简洁了当地拒绝了他们
Just turned them down flat as a pancake.
等着瞧,下一步,他们会带着更好的条件回来……
See, what’s gonna happen is, they’re gonna come back with a better offer.
我想你的那一半会是……
And, uh, I think your share is gonna be, uh –
嗯,让我想想 锌
-Well, let me see. -“Think.”
你说什么?
What did you say?
我早该知道
I should have known.
什么?
Huh?
你拒绝了哈瑞斯和肖尼斯公♥司♥ 你知道他们是谁吗?
You turned down Harris and Shaughnessey. You know who they are?
我当然知道
Of course I know who they are.
你最好希望他们回来!
Well, you just better hope they come back.
他们再看到你,准会马上在背后给你一枪
They’d as soon put a bullet in your back as look at you.
(chattering, laughing continues)
嘘! 凯特和安德森先生……
Shh! It’s Kate and Mr. Anderson.
麦凯比先生和米勒太太在里面吗? 我怎么知道?
-Is Mr. McCabe in there with her? -How would I know?
WOMAN: Get out. A dollar doesn’t give you the right to get dressed in here.
我没有时间
MAN: I don’t have a whole lot of time.
他没什么礼貌 楼下有二位
-You just got no respect. -BLANCHE: Two gentlemen downstairs
要见麦凯比先生
to see Mr. McCabe.
他跟你在一起吗?
-(laughing) -Is he in there with you?
是的
Yes.
(door opens, closes)
麦凯比先生马上来,你们外面等一下
Now, our Mr. McCabe’ll be with you in just a wee minute, so you wait right there now.
你在花你的利润吗,麦金泰尔?
McCABE: You’re, uh, spending your profits, huh?
Fantastic.
– 两位 – 麦凯比先生
-Ah, gentlemen. -SEARS: Oh, Mr. McCabe.
各位抽雪茄吗? 不,谢谢
-You gentlemen smoke cigars? -Uh, no. No, thank you.
麦凯比,霍兰德先生和我……
-Uh, Mr. McCabe, Mr. Hollander and I – -Here, here, here.
拿着,拿着 谢谢
-Put one in there. -Thank you.
我们很欣赏你立场坚定
We appreciate you wanting to take a strong position on this thing.
事实上,我们景仰你
In fact, we admire it.
厄尔尼,你要…… 不,不,你继续说吧,尤金
-Ernie, uh, do you want to – -No, no, you go right ahead, Eugene.
我们想要这么做,重新谈条件
Well, what we’d like to do is, we’d like to make a new approach.
是吗?
Oh? Okay.
你记得我们今晚的条件吗?
Well, you remember, uh, our offer this evening?
呃……
Uh… an offer…
不记得了
No.
原本是五千五 你现在知道我为什么不记得了。
-Well, it was $5,500. -Now, that’s why I don’t remember it.
五千五百元
$5,500.
厄尔尼和我可以请公♥司♥提高七百五十元
Well, Ernie, I think we can get the company to come up with another $750.
加起来一共六千二百五十元
That would make it 6,250, yeah.
是的,当然需要你马上回答
Of course, we’d have to have an immediate answer on that.
西尔斯先生
Well, Mr. Sears, uh,
马上回答的答案是不要
the immediate answer to that would be no.
(inhaling puffs)
(exhales)
(inhaling puffs)
(exhales)
不,不
-(blubbering) -Aaah! No, no.
我得告诉你我全部的故事。来吧
I have to tell you the rest of my story. Come on.
对不起,如果我可以中间调停
Excuse me. If I may intercede here.
麦凯比先生……我可以叫你约翰吗?
Mr. McCabe. May I call you John?
我有个儿子叫约翰,他不像你
-Of course. -I have a son called John, not unlike you.
你干得不错
You’ve done a wonderful job here.
你在这里迅速建起了一个小小的漂亮的事业
You’ve built up a beautiful little business in no time at all.
我们来这里,准备提供你一笔扎实的资本回报……
And here we are, ready to give you a substantial gain in capital,
美国最稳固的公♥司♥提出的报价
an offer from one of the most solid companies in the United States.
而你说不!
And you say no.
坦白说,我不理解
Well, uh, frankly, I don’t understand.
我想我不需要告诉你……
Uh, I guess I don’t have to tell you
我们有些人非常关心。
that some of our people are going to be quite concerned.
如果你懂我的意思?
You know what I mean?
我的感觉是,你们各位过来……
Well, the way I feel about this is that you gentlemen come up here
要求像我这样的人卖♥♥掉产业……
and you – you want a man in my position to sell off his property.
我想一定有个很好的理由
And I think there’s got to be a good reason.
我想这个好理由
Now, I would think that a pretty good reason
应该价值一万四到一万五……
would be $14,000, $15,000.
但你们为什么不明天早上到我这儿来吃早点……
But why don’t you gentlemen come on over to my place tomorrow morning for breakfast,
然后我们谈谈这件事
and we’ll just talk about it.
八点好吗?
Say about 8:00?
白兰琪、伯蒂,来一下 麻烦你们过来一下好吗?
Blanche, Birdie. Come on over here for a minute, will you?
呃……
(laughing)
– 这位是西尔斯先生 – 西尔斯先生
Now, this here is Mr. Sears
– 和……霍兰德 – 霍兰德
-and Mr. – -Hollander.
– 西尔斯先生,你好吗? – 霍兰德
-Mr. Sears, how are you? -Hollander.
你们好好照顾这几位先生

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!