(wind howling)
♪ 真的,所有的男人都是 ♪ 沃伦·比蒂
MAN: ♪ It’s true that all the men you knew were dealers ♪
♪ 每当你提供栖身之处时 ♪ 沃伦·比蒂
♪ Who said they were through with dealing ♪
♪ 都说会金盆洗手的庄家 ♪
♪ Every time you gave them shelter ♪
♪ 我知道那种男人 ♪ 茱丽·克莉丝汀
♪ I know that kind of man ♪
♪ 很难抓住那些 ♪
♪ It’s hard to hold the hand of anyone ♪
♪ 要去够到天际的手 ♪ ♪ 直接投降 ♪
♪ Who’s reaching for the sky just to surrender ♪
♪ 向要去够到天际的人 ♪ ♪ 直接投降 ♪
♪ Who is reaching for the sky just to surrender ♪
♪ 之后剔掉他留下的 ♪ ♪ 鬼牌 ♪
♪ And then sweeping up the jokers that he left behind ♪
♪ 你发现他并没留下什么 ♪
♪ You find he did not leave you very much ♪
♪ 甚至连欢笑也没有 ♪
♪ Not even laughter ♪
♪ 跟其他的庄家一样 ♪ ♪ 他只注意盯着 ♪
♪ Like any dealer, he was watching for the card ♪
♪ 最好的牌家 ♪
♪ That is so high and wild ♪
♪ 不需要再跟别人交锋 ♪
♪ He’ll never need to deal another ♪
♪ 他只是像个牧童找饲料 ♪
♪ He was just some Joseph looking for a manger ♪
♪ 然后他靠在你的窗台上 ♪
♪ And then, leaning on your windowsill ♪
♪ 他会说有一天都是你 ♪
♪ He’ll say one day you’ve caused his will to weaken ♪
♪ 让爱…… ♪ ♪ 温暖和家变质 ♪
♪ With your love and warmth and shelter ♪
♪ 然后拿出他皮夹里的 ♪ ♪ 旧火车时刻表 ♪
♪ And then taking from his wallet an old schedule of trains ♪
♪ 他会说,我告诉过你最初 ♪
♪ He’ll say, “l told you when I came ♪
♪ 我是个陌生人 ♪
♪ I was a stranger” ♪
♪ 我告诉过你最初 ♪ ♪ 我是个陌生人 ♪
♪ “I told you when I came I was a stranger” ♪
♪♪ (guitar continues)
该死,我告诉过你
Damn it, I told you.
你以为我是笨蛋吗?
Did you think I was stupid?
正如我所说的,他们有六个人
That’s exactly what I said. Six – Six of ’em.
“旅馆”
(sighs)
♪♪ (continues)
♪ 但是另一个陌生人似乎要你 ♪
♪ But now another stranger ♪
♪ 忘记他的梦想 ♪
♪ Seems to want you to ignore his dreams ♪
♪ 就像他的梦想是别人的负担 ♪
♪ As though they were the burden of some other ♪
♪ 你曾经怎么看待他 ♪
♪ How you’ve seen that man before ♪
♪ 金光闪闪的发牌手 ♪
♪ His golden arm dispatching cards ♪
♪ 到现在从手肘 ♪ ♪ 到手指都生锈 ♪
♪ But now it’s rusted from the elbow to the finger ♪
♪ 而他想拿他的赌局 ♪
♪ And he wants to trade the game he plays ♪
♪ 交换庇所 ♪
♪ For shelter ♪
♪ 是的,他要拿他懂的赌局 ♪
♪ Yes, he wants to trade the game he knows ♪
♪ 交换庇所 ♪
♪ For shelter ♪
♪ 你讨厌再看到另一个疲惫的家伙 ♪ ♪ 金盆洗手 ♪
♪ Oh, you hate to watch another tired man lay down his hand ♪
♪ 就像他放弃了神圣的扑克游戏 ♪
♪ Like he was giving up the holy game of poker ♪
♪ 当他谈起他的梦想入睡时 ♪
♪ And while he talks his dreams to sleep ♪
♪ 你注意到他肩膀后面烟雾般 ♪
♪ You notice there’s a highway ♪
♪ 升起一条曲折蜿蜒的大道 ♪
♪ That is curling up like smoke above his shoulder ♪
♪ 他肩膀的大道曲折蜿蜒仿佛烟雾一般 ♪
♪ It’s curling just like smoke above his shoulder ♪
♪ 然后剔除他留下的 ♪ ♪ 鬼牌 ♪ 编剧:罗伯特·奥特曼 布莱恩·麦凯
♪ And then sweeping up the jokers that he left behind ♪
♪ 你发现他没留下什么 ♪ 编剧:罗伯特·奥特曼 布莱恩·麦凯
♪ You find he did not leave you very much ♪
♪ 甚至连欢笑都没有 ♪
♪ Not even laughter ♪
♪ 就像是任何一位庄家 ♪ ♪ 他只注意盯着 ♪ 制片:大伟·佛斯特 米切尔·布劳尔
♪ Like any dealer, he was watching for the card ♪
♪ 最好的牌家 ♪ 制片:大伟·佛斯特 米切尔·布劳尔
♪ That is so high and wild ♪
♪ 不需要再跟别人交锋 ♪
♪ He’ll never need to deal another ♪
♪ 他只像个牧童寻找饲料 ♪ 导演:罗伯特·奥特曼
♪ He was just some Joseph looking for a manger ♪
(chattering)
晚上好
Evenin’.
(mutters acknowledgment)
请圣母让我…… 拥有纯洁,让我保持善行
Holy Mother of God, keep me pure in thought, word and deed.
(clears throat)
罗拉,晚餐是什么?
MAN: Laura, what’s for dinner?
不,坐下
No, sit down. Sit down.
罗拉
MAN: Laura!
– 有后门吧? – 有
-Say, uh, that’s the back door, ain’t it? -Yeah.
我……我本来要在房♥子上放个瓶子
I – Iwas about to put up a bottle on the house.
是啊,那样就乐了
-(men laughing) -MAN: Yeah, that’ll be the day.
就一口
Get the pipe. Get the pipe.
他带枪了? – 是的。他又要走了吗?
-Was he wearing a gun? -Sure didn’t stay very long.
他哪儿也不去 他只是收拾他的行李
He ain’t goin’ nowhere. Just gettin’ somethin’ out of his pack.
你知道那是哪种枪吗? 那是种瑞典枪
Say, do you know what kind of gun that was? That was a Swedish kind of gun.
瑞典枪
Uh, Swedish.
拿块抹布来
Get a rag.
他是这么小气…… 抠出了吧台用的抹布
So cheap, he squeezes out the bar rag.
先生,天气很湿吧?
Wet enough for you, mister?
要是这里开始下雨…… 就不知道什么时间会停!
Starts raining up here, it doesn’t know when to stop.
是的
Yeah.
哦,是的
Oh, yeah.
– 我有20 – 你有20吗?
-I got a 20 and – -You got a 20?
科伊尔,你在做什么? 我买♥♥了这张椅子
What are you doing, Coyle? I brought that chair over here.
你最好离开 我会打肿你的脸…… 你这不知天高……
You’re lucky you got a gimp leg, or I’d bash you in the face, you ignorant…
-It comin’ back to you, Frank? -Yeah, we got it.
What you give me?
你哪来这么多钱?
-Gentlemen. -Where’d you get all that money?
Wanna take a look at these?
MAN: I’ll put in 10.
专家……
Say, Professor.
你刚才不是提到房♥子上瓶子的事?
Didn’t you say somethin’ about a bottle on the house or somethin’?
MAN: Sheehan wouldn’t say that.
– 他是这么说 – 对,他是这么说
MAN #2: That’s what he said. Yeah, that’s what he said.
是的,我是……嗯……
-SHEEHAN: Yeah, I’m, uh – -Shh!
我叫帕特里克·西翰 这是我的地盘
I’m Patrick Sheehan. This is my place.
我们不该先谈谈交易吗?
Shouldn’t we make a deal?
呃,好吧,嗯……一瓶多少钱?
Uh, well, um, how much a bottle?
三元
-Three dollars. -(men chuckling)
三元?! 昨天才二元!
MAN: Three dollars? Yesterday it was two dollars.
听着…… 我们五五分账怎么样?
Well, look, uh, how about we go 50-50 on that?
平分你的利润 也平分损失
-I share your profits? -You want to share the losses?
(men chuckling)
我提供了这个地方
I supply the place.
是的,但我想我提供了顾客
Yeah, but, uh, I think I supply the customers.
还没有人买♥♥东西
SHEEHAN: Nobody’s bought nothing yet.
告诉你,你给这些小子二元一瓶……
Tell you what, you give these boys a two-dollar bottle on me,
剩下算我的,我会自己承担损失 你还是照赚你的酒钱
and then I’ll stand my own losses and you can make your profit on the whiskey.
这不错
MAN (chuckles, whispers): That’s good.
帕特里克,2元一瓶,拿上来
-One three-dollar bottle, Pat. -Bring it on.
你为什么用那个?
MAN (clears throat): Forty, fifty.
Two-sixty. Two-sixty.
有52张牌
MAN #2: Well, there’s 52 there.
别在他身上浪费好酒 跟你的扁瓶子告别吧
-Throwin’ away good liquor on him. -Might as well wave good-bye to your flask.
嗯,你们看…… 你们大家不认识我…… 我也不认识你们
Well, you boys don’t know nothin’ about me and I don’t know nothin’ about you.
那么我们不从这个分币为赌注的小赌局开始怎么样?
So what do you say we make this a nickel game, huh? To start off with.
让我们玩一角钱的吧
Nickel? Let’s make it a dime.
(men chattering)
先生,非常谢谢你
I thank you very kindly, sir.
现在,我想的是……
Now, what I’d like to do,
我想的是赌5张……
I’d like to make this a five-card stud
加注3次封顶……
with a, uh, three-bet roof on the card.
然后可能在一对公开的牌上加15分…… 来赌最后一张牌
And then maybe we get to see, uh, 15 cents on an open pair and the last card.
– 除非你们不反对这样玩
Unless you have no objections about that, I’d –
– 这不错,我加入
-That’s good. I’m in for five. -Fifteen and the open pair? I’m in.
来痛杀你们了
Comin’ to kick your ass, boy.
红心八
Eight of hearts.
梅花四
Four of clubs.
黑桃A 方块七
Deuce of spades. Seven of diamonds.
黑桃八 黑桃J
Eight of spades. Jack of spades.
红心三
Three of hearts.
好了,朋友
Okay, my friend.
杰克走开
-Jack off. -(men laughing)
♪♪ (fiddle: plucking strings)
♪♪ (continues)
关上该死的门
Close that goddamn door!
晚安,牧师
-Evening, Reverend. -♪♪ (fiddle stops)
西翰牧师,艾略特先生在这
-♪♪ (continues) -Mr. Sheehan, Mr. Elliott’s here.
MAN: Uh, check.
做完了?
-Is it done? -♪♪ (fiddle: “Ta-ra-ra Boom-de-ay”)
晚安,艾略特先生
Evenin’, Mr. Elliott.
MAN (muttering): ♪ Ta-ra-ra boom-de-ay ♪
♪ Ta-ra-ra boom-de-ay ♪
– 嗨,美男子,要去看歌♥剧吗? – 是啊
Hi, Freddie. Going to the opera?
嗨,斯莫利先生,你要加入玩一手吗?
Mr. Smalley, you want to sit in on a hand here?
你知道我不跟非职业的人赌
Uh, you know I don’t gamble with no professionals.
我来代替你 既然斯莫利先生不加入,我就不退出
-Hey, I’ll take your place, Robbie. -If Smalley’s not in, I’m staying on.
那是什么屁话?斯莫利先生加入又有什么关系呢?
Hey, what’s this shit? You don’t wanna play, what’s it matter whether it’s me or Smalley?
不有干豌豆粒