在剧团里 他就像施了魔咒一般
With the theater company, he cast a spell
让所有人都很有归属感
that made everyone feel included.
所有人都同等重要 哪怕是实习生也一样
No one, not even an intern, was unimportant.
他能记住所有圈内笑话
He could remember all the inside jokes.
刮风天你会去哪
And where do you go when it’s windy?
好吧 很好笑
Oh, yeah, that… that was funny.
他做事非常有条理 极其细致
He’s extremely organized and thorough.
他非常清楚自己想要什么
He’s very clear about what he wants,
不像我 有时会搞不清楚
unlike me, who can’t always tell.
先停一下
Let’s stop right there.
查理无所畏惧…
他非常争强好胜
他很喜欢当爸爸…
谁先来
Who wants to start?
我不会把它念出来的
I-I’m not going to read this out loud.
为什么
Why is that?
因为我不喜欢我写的东西
Because I don’t like what I wrote.
当我们调解你们的分居
As we mediate your separation
以及最后的离婚时
and eventual divorce,
事情会变得相当有争议
things can get quite contentious.
所以 我希望先从回忆对方好的一面开始
So, I like to begin with a note of positivity,
让我的客户想起
for the people I work with to remember
他们当初结婚的理由
why they got married in the first place.
这样 当你们分开时
And so that, as you come apart,
你们就会记起
you’re reminded that…
你曾对这个人有过深厚的感情
this is a person you had great feeling for,
或许在很多方面依旧如此
and maybe still do in many ways.
我来读我的吧 我喜欢我写的
I’ll read mine. I like what I wrote.
你们都得读出来
For it to really work,
才有效果
you both have to read.
我不读
I’m not going to.
好吧
Okay, um…
我觉得这很可惜
I just think it’s a shame
你们写下了对彼此的美好回忆
that you guys aren’t going to get to hear,
却没有机会听到
uh, the wonderful things you wrote about each other.
她总说我不会写作 但我觉得我写得非常好
She always says I can’t write, but I think mine’s pretty good.
妮可 或许你听了查理写的会改变主意
Nicole, maybe you’d change your mind once you heard Charlie’s.
我不想听查理写了什么
I don’t want to hear Charlie’s.
我们之前说好要听的
We promised to listen.
没错
That’s right.
这是这个过程的第一步
That’s the very first step in this process.
如果你们俩
Well, I think I’m going to go
要坐在这儿一唱一和
if you two are going to just sit around and
那我还是走吧
suck each other’s dicks.
如此罪恶怎会节制
How can this evil allow moderation?
如此罪恶怎会节制
How can this evil allow moderation?
背叛亡者怎会是正义的
How can it be right to betray the departed?
人类怎可变得如此…
How is it human to be so…
背信弃义
faithless?
我不需要不虔诚者的赞赏
I want no praise from impious men.
不要与他们安然共处一屋
No home with them of quiet ease.
我的血管之中仍流淌着高尚的血液
Noble blood still runs in my veins.
我要辜负我的父亲…
Shall I fail my father…
压抑自己的哭泣
stifling my cries,
斩断悲伤的翅膀吗
clipping the wings of grief?
难道他的尸首注定要在土里不幸地腐♥败♥
Must his corpse in the ground wretchedly waste away,
眼睁睁地化为乌有吗
feebly count for nothing?
难道杀害他的凶手注定会幸灾乐祸…
Must his killers gloat…
难道杀害他的凶手注定会幸灾乐祸
Must his killers gloat,
永远不用血债血偿…
never to pay with blood, for blood…
查理把点评语给了我 但其实是给你的
Charlie gave me the note, but it’s really for you.
-他要我不要卡壳 -怎么会是给我的
– He told me to pick up my cues. – How is that for me?
演戏就是回应
Acting is reacting.
我在回应你 你拖慢了我的节奏
I’m responding to you. You’re slowing me down.
弗兰克 今晚是最后一场演出 你知道的
Frank, it’s closing night, you know.
你觉得查理和妮可永远不会复合了吗
You don’t think Charlie and Nicole will ever get back together?
对 我觉得这次真的结束了
No, I think this time it’s really over.
还是有点奇怪 我觉得就像我爸妈要离婚一样
It still feels weird. I feel like my parents are splitting up.
一直都是”查理和妮可”
It’s always been “Charlie and Nicole.”
-查理还会给点评语吗 -会
– Is Charlie still giving notes? – Yep.
你真幸运 妮可 真希望我也能去洛杉矶
You’re lucky, Nic. I wish I was going to LA.
洛杉矶空间很大 这里太拥挤了
You can actually have space in LA. There’s no space here.
女士们先生们
Ladies and gentlemen,
我想敬…
I want to make a toast
查理
to Charlie…
还有我们亲爱的妮可
and to our beloved Nicole,
她即将到阳光灿烂的加州
who is going to be going out on a new adventure,
展开一段新的冒险
all the way to sunny California.
我们也准备尝试新的事物
And we are also going to try something new.
我们的剧目要在百老汇上演了
We are going to take our play to Broadway.
让我想起我自己年轻的时候
It reminds me of when I was a young person
第一次去百老汇的情景
and went to Broadway for the first time.
我跟你们说
And I’m telling you,
在27岁就赢得你的第一座托尼奖
winning your first Tony at 27,
这会冲昏你的头脑
it can mess with your head.
我那时还只是个小毛孩
I mean, I was just a baby.
伊利亚·卡赞在后台
Elia Kazan was backstage…
我要过去了
I’m going to go over there now.
-别去 玛丽·安 -用肘推着迈克·尼科尔斯
– Don’t do it. Mary Ann? – elbowing Mike Nichols.
而迈克在跟迪特里希聊天
And Mike was chatting with Dietrich,
而玛琳 她通常特别风趣
and Marlene, you know, she usually was a barrel of monkeys,
但那晚她非常非常严肃
but tonight she was very, very serious.
稍等我一下好吗
Could you give me a second?
我得做些研究 不过…
Well, I’d have to study it, but…
我以为你们很晚才会回来
I didn’t expect you guys home until late.
-他怎么样 -挺乖的 准时就去睡觉了
– How’s he doing? – Good, good. He went to bed on time.
没闹
No fuss.
我给他读了一段《时代广场的蟋蟀》
Read him some of Cricket in Times Square.
天 你们真是太好看了
God, you guys are so attractive.
该死 抱歉 我没忍♥住说出来了
Shit. Sorry, I didn’t stop that from being said.
没关系
No, it’s okay.
我会按完整工时付钱
I’ll pay for the whole time.
是我们自己要早点回来的
We decided to come home early.
谢谢 还有来回路上的时间
Hey, thanks. And also the travel time…
…跟其他人一样聊天 但我得走了
…conversation as well as anybody, but I’ve gotta run.
如果你懂我的意思的话
…if you know what I mean.
-你要走了吗 -反正我没打算搬进来
– Y-You’re leaving? – Well, I ain’t moving in.
我们很快回来…
We’ll be back when you get your…
要是你不喜欢那个调解人 我们就再找一个
If you don’t like that mediator, we’ll find another one.
-好 -我们可能根本不需要调解人
Yeah. – W-We might not need a mediator.
反正我们把东西分了就行 我无所谓
We’ll just split everything anyway, I don’t care.
-我也无所谓 -大部分都可以归你
– Me neither. – You can have most of it.
我们要住得近点 让亨利更容易接受
We’ll get apartments near each other, make it easier for Henry.
我们会解决好的
We’ll figure it out.
-我们的目标是一致的 -对
– We want the same things. – Right.
话说 那个试播集一定很有意思吧
In the meantime, the pilot will be fun for you.
你不会觉得那剧本很糟吧
You don’t think it’s bad, do you?
我根本不看电视 所以我也没法判断
I don’t ever watch TV, so, you know, I can’t tell.
我跟亨利说了两周后去洛杉矶看他
I told Henry I’d come out to LA in two weeks to see him.
有话就说
Yes?
没什么
Nothing.
我能看出来你想给我点评语
I can tell you want to give me a note.
不 没有
No, I don’t.
好吧 确实是 但我觉得…
Yeah… I mean, yes, I do, but I guess…
我觉得现在可能已经不重要了
I guess it doesn’t matter now.
你不会再参加我们的演出了
You won’t be with the show anymore.
我想说的事挺蠢的
It’s stupid.
你不告诉我的话肯定睡不着
You’re not going to be able to sleep until you tell me.
有可能
Maybe not.
那就说吧
Okay, then.
是这样 有两点
So, there are two things.
我觉得你在第七幕开场时的姿势