– Yeah, let’s go there. – Okay.
妮可承认她黑进了查理的电脑
Nicole has admitted to hacking Charlie’s computer
读了他的电邮
and reading his emails,
如果确属实情 那可是重罪
which, if proven, is a felony.
诺拉 我猜如果我问起平日晚上
And, Nora, I don’t think you’d be too happy
妮可的酗酒情况 你就不会那么得意了
if I ask Nicole about her alcohol consumption in the evenings.
你说什么
What?
她最近一个晚上曾告诉查理
She confided in Charlie one night recently,
她刚把亨利哄睡着
having just carried Henry to bed,
就没法好好站稳走下楼梯了
that she was having trouble standing while walking down the staircase.
依我的理解来看 这不是一起偶发事件
And from what I understand, this is not an isolated event.
所以诺拉 如果你真想来这一套的话
So you let me know, Nora,
我会奉陪到底
and we will go there as needed.
查理
Charlie?
我问你
Can I ask you,
你现在都不抓紧机会
how do you expect to have more time with Henry
负起责任陪伴亨利
when you don’t exercise the time you already have,
怎么能指望争得更多的监护时间呢
and exercise it responsibly?
在查理最近一次来洛杉矶时
On a recent visit to Los Angeles,
我们无法通过任何通讯方式或手段联络到他
after failing to call, text, communicate in any way,
无论是打电♥话♥还是发短♥信♥
shape, or form,
他最后迟到了两个小时
Charlie finally arrived two hours late
才来到妮可母亲家里接亨利
to pick up Henry at Nicole’s mother’s house.
那时 查理向妮可保证的
At that point, the car seat,
已由专业人士安装在车后座的儿童安全座椅
which he had assured Nicole had been professionally installed,
显然没有固定好
was clearly not even belted in.
安全座椅只是放在后座上
It was just sitting in the back seat.
你必须得自己把安全座椅扣好
You have to buckle in the car seat.
-我知道 -这是法律规定
– I know. – It’s the law.
我原以为租赁公♥司♥已经装好了
I thought the rental place did it.
他们不能帮你装 不然他们得担责
They can’t. It’s a liability.
我现在知道这点了
I know that now.
我们当时发现座椅是松的 就立刻把它装好了
Once we discovered that, we fixed it.
双方律师
Counsel?
你们也看到了我的法庭里坐满了人
You can see my courtroom is full
尽管他们没你们的客户有钱
and there are people who don’t have
但他们也在等候案件审理
the resources your clients have,
我也很确信你们双方就这起抚养权的争夺案件
and I’m fairly certain you haven’t exhausted, in good faith,
仍有很多话要说
the arguments in the case of this child.
与此同时 我们维持现状
In the meantime, we’ll keep the status quo.
目前这家人依然住在洛杉矶
This remains an LA family for the time being.
我最近才接手这个部门
I took over this department recently,
目前依然在了解案件详情的过程中
and I’m still becoming acquainted with the cases.
所以我决定指派一名
So, I’m going to appoint an expert evaluator
比我更了解小孩的专业评估员
who knows much more about young children than I do.
一旦评估完成
Once the evaluation is done,
我们会视情况对裁定作出修订
we’ll modify the orders where necessary.
亨利人呢
Hey, where’s Henry?
凯西带他和自家小孩去玩镭战游戏了
He’s with Cassie and her kids at Laser Tag.
你想要喝点什么吗
You want something to drink?
我有未经过滤的自来水 啤酒 果汁
I have unfiltered tap water, beer, and some juice boxes.
给我来盒果汁吧
I’ll take a juice box.
你没在墙上挂点什么东西吗
You don’t have anything on the walls?
我还没找到能挂上去的东西 除了亨利的画
I don’t have anything to put on them except Henry’s art,
目前正在装裱
which is being framed.
我可以给你些照片 直到你自己买♥♥到挂画
I can give you some stuff, you know, until you get some things.
那张亨利在史丹顿岛渡轮上的美照如何
How about that great picture of Henry on the Staten Island Ferry?
你不也在那张照片里吗
Aren’t you in that one?
我猜…你得…
I guess I… You could…
-把我抠掉 -我得提前一天走 22号♥就回纽约
– cut me out. – I have to leave a day early to New York on the 22nd.
所以那个周五能不能由我来带亨利
So I was wondering if I could take Henry that Friday.
22号♥走 那你是指21号♥那天吗
The 22nd. So, that’s the 21st?
那天我们已经有安排了
We have plans, actually.
亨利和他的
We’re going to, um,
表兄妹们要去洛杉矶郡艺术博物馆参加活动
some thing at LACMA with the cousins.
那你能不能改变下安排 那天让我来带他呢
But could you change it so I could take him?
只在那天晚上才有
It’s just one night.
-亨利很想去 -真的吗
– He’s looking forward to it. – Really?
我们说好了的 查理 那晚他归我
It’s my night, Charlie, we negotiated it.
好吧
Okay, fine.
你到底想说什么
But what?
我只是想问问你能不能迁就一下
No, I’m just asking you to be flexible.
我已经很迁就你了
I am flexible.
你来去匆匆
You come in and out
我都是依据你的日程表来调整我的安排
and I adjust based on your schedule.
就这一个晚上 票都买♥♥好了…
This one night we have tickets to…
可不止这一个晚上 不过没关系
It’s not only this one night, but fine.
亨利的老师想见我们
Henry’s teacher wants to meet with us.
你是指他在洛杉矶的老师吗
You mean his LA teacher?
你能不能回下电邮 我们好约个时间
Can you, uh, answer the email so we could set a time?
好 我最近太忙了没顾得上看
Yeah, I’ve been distracted.
我完全理解
I understand.
老师们想就他的阅读障碍问题
They just want to rule out everything,
找找所有可能的原因
you know, with his reading.
我觉得他只是有些太焦虑了
I just think he’s a little over-anxious.
我觉得他是因为太想读懂而读不懂
I think he wants it too much.
老师们说他的数学成绩很好
They said he’s off the charts in math.
他遇到难题时 太轻易就放弃
He quits too easily when things aren’t easy for him.
他这点像我们俩 顽固不化
You know, he’s like us, he’s stubborn.
他到现在还是个很差劲的大富翁玩家
He’s still a lousy Monopoly player
因为他总是把钱都存起来不花
because he tries to save all his money.
那个…
So…
我觉得我们应该谈谈
I thought we should talk.
我感觉目前的做法有些过头了
I feel like maybe things have gone too far.
我妈把房♥子抵押贷了款
I mean, my mom’s taking out a loan against the house
帮我付诺拉的律师费
to help me pay Nora.
我以为诺拉的律师费要我出
I thought I paid Nora.
她的费用你出三成
You pay 30 percent of Nora.
如果能让你感觉好点的话 其实我也要破产了
Well, I’m going broke too, if that’s any help.
我刚答应要导演两部很差劲的戏剧
I’ve just agreed to direct two shitty plays,
给亨利攒大学学费的事更是没戏了
and we can forget putting anything away for Henry’s college.
只是到现在为止
It’s just that up until now,
我们一直没让亨利受这事的影响
we’ve been able to keep Henry somewhat removed,
但是这场官司会把他也牵扯进来
and this will change that.
我们必须保护他
We have to protect him.
我同意
I agree.
诺拉说评估员会到我们家里来
Nora says that the evaluator will come into our homes,
他们不仅要跟我们面谈 还要和亨利
they’re going to interview Henry in addition to us,
我们的朋友 家人 仇敌们进行面谈
our friends, family, enemies,
他们还会观察我们与亨利如何相处
and then they’ll observe us with him,
我们作为父母的表现如何
how we are as parents.
-听起来糟透了 -可不是嘛
– Sounds awful. – I know.
我觉得如果有人随机抽查我作为母亲是否合格
I feel like if anybody observed me on any given day as a mom,
我肯定得不到监护权
I’d never get custody.
那只是句玩笑话
That was a joke.
-我懂 我也有同感 -那就行
– I know. I feel the same way. – Right.
那么…
So…
也许我们两个应该自己想个办法了结
Maybe we can figure something out between us.
我一开始就是这么跟你说的 你还记得吗
You remember I said this to you at the beginning?
我知道你说过这话 但如今情况不同
I know you did, but these are different circumstances.
我就知道会闹到这一步
I was anticipating these circumstances.
不管怎样 我们试下好吗
Anyway, shall we try this?
好啊
Okay.
我不知要如何开头
I don’t know how to start.
你知道我为什么想留在洛杉矶吗
Do you understand why I want to stay in LA?
不知道
No.
你要是这样可就…
Well… That’s not…
查理 你要是这样回答可就没意思了
Charlie, that’s not a useful way for us to start.
我不明白你为什么想留下来
I don’t understand it.
你不记得我们说好了要在这里待上一段时间吗
You don’t remember promising that we could do time here?
我们讨论过很多事情