请求私下商量
Sidebar…
诺拉 有空办公室
Nora, do you have a spare office
让我跟查理私下商量吗
where Charlie and I can sidebar?
当然
Sure.
-你能… -我带你们去
– Can you, um… – I can show you.
走吧
Come on.
诺拉是位很棒的律师
Nora is a very good lawyer.
-强势 对吗 -对
– Tough, right? – Yeah.
而你现在进退两难
And you’re in a bind
因为你已经表明了你愿意飞到这里
because you’ve shown you’re willing to fly out here
租间公♥寓♥来看儿子
and rent an apartment to see your son.
-是你叫我这么做的 -我知道
– You told me to do that. – I know that.
而且我这么做是因为想见儿子
And I’m doing that because I want to see my kid,
不是为了开创先例
not to set a precedent.
对 但不幸的是 你确实在开创先例
Yes, but unfortunately, you are setting a precedent.
而且法官也可能会这么看
And a judge might look at it that way.
还有什么别的办法吗
What’s the alternative?
我待在纽约再也不来这里行吗
I stay in New York and never come out here?
不行 因为那样会让法庭觉得
No, because then it would look to the court
你不在乎见不见儿子
like you don’t care about seeing your son.
到底上不上法庭 别一下说”上法庭”
Court or no court? Stop saying
一下又说”不上法庭”
“court” and then “never court.”
照这个趋势下去 我们很可能要上法庭
Well, the way this is going, we may have to go to court.
-你知道你这话听上去有多疯狂吗 -知道
– Are you aware of how maddening you sound? – I am.
而且我知道看起来不公平
And I know it seems unfair.
但想像一下如果你是一位
But imagine if you were…
被丈夫抛弃的可怜母亲
a poor mother whose husband abandons her,
而且他还拒绝支付任何费用
and then refuses to pay anything.
政♥府♥就是要保护人们免于陷入这种困境
That’s what the system is trying to protect people from.
听着
Listen…
如果由我来代理你
if I were representing you…
你是在代理我啊
You are representing me.
对 不 当然 不
Right, no, of course. No…
我觉得法官不会让这孩子离开加州
I don’t see a judge moving this child from California.
我们今天应该尽量达成和解
I think we try and settle today.
怎么和解
Settle meaning what?
孩子留在洛杉矶
She gets LA.
不行 伯特
No, Bert, just…
不行
No.
我们必须得赢
I mean, we have to win this.
别忘了 对亨利最好的做法才叫赢
Remember, the win is what’s best for Henry.
如果你们上法庭 就会把他也卷进来
And if you guys go to court, he’s going to get pulled into it.
但如果他住在这里而我住在纽约
But if he stays here and I stay in New York, that’s just…
那我就无法…
then I won’t…
我再也无法当他的父亲了
I’ll never get to really be his parent again.
会是不一样的父亲
It’ll be different.
会是不存在的父亲
It won’t exist.
那也许你应该搬过来
So maybe you move here.
你也听到阿米尔说这里空间广阔了
You heard what Aamir said about space.
去他的空间 伯特 去他的空间
Fuck the space, Bert! Fuck the space!
我会照你说的做 但我的建议就是这样
I’ll do whatever you want me to do, but this is my advice.
我见过这种事情没完没了地拖下去
I’ve seen these things go on and on,
而这种争斗所造成的负担是无法估量的
and the burden of these battles is immeasurable.
我曾有个客户得了结肠癌
I had a client get colon cancer
他一直到死都没有跟妻子达成协议
and die before he and his wife came to agreement.
那在纽约起诉呢
What about filing in New York?
太晚了
It’s too late.
而且即使去纽约 我觉得也无济于事
And even if you did, I don’t think it would matter.
她们在财务上的要求挺合理的
They’re being reasonable financially, you know?
她们没要走一半奖金 你已经很幸运了
You’re… You’re lucky they didn’t ask for half your grant money.
她不会那么做的
She wouldn’t do that.
她知道我把所有的钱都投回剧团里了
She knows I put all that money back in my theater.
如果事情发展下去 她可能会的
If this continues, she might.
演员和工作人员都靠那笔钱养活
The actors and crew all rely on that money.
法庭也不会同意的 对吗
The court would never agree with this, right?
不管他们同不同意 你都要花一半的奖金
Whether they do or not, it’ll cost you half your grant money
在法庭上证明这一点
to go to court and prove it.
我感觉自己就像个罪犯
I feel like a criminal.
但你没犯过任何罪
But you didn’t commit any crime.
感觉并不是那样
It doesn’t feel that way.
如果我们现在在洛杉矶的事上做点妥协
If we give on LA right now,
然后尽可能达成一个最有利的协议
and then try to make the best deal possible,
我们就可以让她在其他方面做点让步
I think we can get her to give on other fronts.
根本没有其他方面
There are no other fronts!
这才是关键
This is the thing!
他得知道我为他争取过
He needs to know that I fought for him!
他会知道的
He’ll know.
我就不该让她带亨利到这里来
I should never have let her come out here with Henry.
就算没有洛杉矶和纽约的问题
If it wasn’t LA and New York,
也会有别的问题
it’d be something else.
你们会争房♥子 学区或…
You’d be fighting about a house, or a school district, or…
你知道这是什么情况吗
You know what this is like?
这就像那个女人和发型师的笑话
This is like that joke about the woman at the hairdresser,
她要去罗马
she’s going to Rome.
-你知道这个笑话吗 -不知道
– Do you know this? – I don’t.
有个女人跟她的发型师说
This woman is at her hairdresser and she says,
“我要去罗马度假”
“I’m going to Rome on holiday.”
然后他说”是吗 你要乘哪家公♥司♥的航♥班♥”
And he says, “Oh, really? What… what airline are you taking?”
她说”意大利航♥空♥”
She says, “Alitalia.”
他说”意大利航♥空♥ 你疯了吗
He says, “Alitalia? Are you crazy?
那是最差的 糟透了 别选那家”
That’s the worst… That’s terrible. Don’t take that.”
他又问”你要住哪家酒店”
He says, “Where are you going to stay?”
她说”我要住哈斯勒酒店”
She says, “I’m going to stay at the Hassler.”
“哈斯勒 什么 你在开玩笑吗
“The Hassler? What, are you kidding?
哈斯勒酒店在装♥修♥
They’re renovating the Hassler.
你整晚都会听到敲墙声
You’ll hear hammering all night long.
根本睡不着觉 你要去哪个景点”
You won’t sleep. What are you going to see?”
她说”我要去梵蒂冈”
She says, “I think I’m going to try to go to the Vatican.”
“梵蒂冈 你会整天排队
“The Vatican? You’ll be standing in line all day long.
什么都看不到…”
You’ll never get to see anything…”
抱歉 伯特 我付钱是听笑话的吗
I’m sorry, Bert, am I paying for this joke?
不管现在发生什么 都只是暂时的
Whatever happens here, it’s temporary.
他会长大 他会对这件事有自己的看法
He’s growing up. He’s going to have opinions on the subject.
时间对你有利 查理
Time is on your side, Charlie.
也许他会去东海岸上大学
Maybe he’ll do college on the East Coast.
我把大部分硬币放在爸爸家
I have most of my coins,
应付 25087.50美元
比如25美分和10美分
like my quarters and dimes at Daddy’s…
-好 -但我要把一块的
– Right. – but I’m keeping my dollars
还有一张20块放在你家 行吗
and my one twenty at yours, okay?
那就是20加上50 是多少钱
So, that is one twenty plus 50, what is that?
查理·巴伯
支票收款人 伯特·斯皮茨
两万五千…
摩根大通银行
该死的
Goddamn it.
“该死的”是什么
What’s “Goddamn it”?
你们那里停电了吗
Did you guys lose power where you are?
爸爸 我们停电了吗
Dad? Did we lose power?
没有
No.
山庄这里在轮流停电 而现在…
There’s rolling blackouts in the hills and now…
该死 现在门关不上了
Damn it. Now the gate won’t close.
她的门关不上了
Her gate won’t close.
妈妈
Mom!
-我们能去看我的房♥间吗 -当然可以
– Can we go see my room? – Yeah, of course.
-你试了所有的… -我什么都试过了
– You tried all the… – I tried everything.
抱歉让你跑一趟
Sorry I made you come out.
没事
It’s fine.
-我只是… -你不想敞着大门
– I just… – You don’t want your gate open.

Right.
应该有个仪表板什么的
There should be a panel or something…
也许是那边那个
Maybe this is something here.
-房♥子不错 -是啊

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!