他曾是罗伯托经纪公♥司♥的娱乐业律师
He was the entertainment lawyer at Roberto’s agency.
太好了
Great.
但他几年前被逼退休
But then he kind of got pushed into retirement a few years ago,
然后转向了家庭法领域
and he went into family law.
-我联♥系♥了他 -谢谢你 外婆
– I called him. – Thank you, G-ma.
-他今天三点能见你 -妈的
– He can see you today at three. – Shit.
我们从未有过这次谈话 小查理
We never had this conversation, Charlie-bird.
没问题 我爱你
You got it. I love you.
爸爸
Dad!
-我得再买♥♥一个汉堡 -为什么
– I need a new burger. – Why?
因为你让我们俩扛着包进餐厅
Because you made us carry your bags into the restaurant,
我把汉堡弄掉了
I dropped it.
没事 把我的给你 上车吧
That’s fine. I’ll give you mine. Get in the car.
你今天不能和我玩为什么还带上我
Why did you bring me today if you couldn’t hang out with me?
因为我之前一直不在 我想见你
Because I’ve been away and want to see you.
杰米·蒂贝有个妹妹
Jamie Tuber has a little sister
叫莉莉·蒂贝
named Lily Tuber.
-嗯 -莉莉·蒂贝真的很蛮横
– Yeah. – And Lily Tuber is really bossy.
带着孩子离婚
Getting divorced with a kid
可能会是你做过最艰难的事
can be one of the hardest things you’ll ever do.
就像是没有尸体的死亡
It’s like a death without a body.
我有切身体会 我经历过四次
I know personally. I’ve been there four different times.
你离了四次婚吗
You’ve been divorced four times?
结了四次婚
Married four times.
离了三次
Three divorces.
上帝保佑最后一次会长久
This last one will stick, God willing.
这正是我转向家庭法领域的原因
That’s why I graduated into family law,
帮助人们熬过这段痛苦的时间
to help people survive this painful time.
我是这么看的
Here’s how I see it.
如果我们一直纠缠于”谁做了这个谁做了那个”
If we get bogged down in “Who did this,” and “Who did that,”
还有”我不想付那两美元”
and “I don’t want to pay the two dollars,”
这只会让你花费更多钱与时间
it’ll just cost you more money and time and…
还有情感压力
emotional stress,
可能最终还是同样的结果
and you’ll probably end up with the same result anyway.
没错
Right.
我认同这一看法 我相信她也是
I mean, I agree with that philosophy. She does too, I’m sure.
我总是依照事实 不管结果会如何
And I always go with the truth, no matter where that takes us.
我这行大多人伪造事实
You know, most people in my business make up the truth
以实现自己的目的
so they can get where they need to go.
你对他们来说只是交易
You’re just transactions to them.
我喜欢把你们当人看
I-I like to think of you as people.
挺好的
Okay, good.
不只是你 她也是
And not just you, her too.

Yes.
这过程可能会闹得很难看
You know, this can be a really ugly process.
但我也相信不必闹得不可收场
But I also believe it doesn’t have to be terrible.
我很高兴听你这么说
I’m glad to hear you say that.
我想尽可能减少开支
I’d love to keep expenses down as much as possible.
当然
Of course you do.
我收费是每小时四百五十美元 需要一万预付金
I charge 450 an hour and I need a $10,000 retainer to start.
我看看能不能预支百老汇的收入
I’ll see if I can get an advance on the Broadway transfer.
记住了 你还得付她的律师费
And keep in mind, you’ll have to pay for her lawyer.
我不…
I didn’t…
-什么 -至少一部分
– What? – Well, at least part of her.
这没道理 是不是
It doesn’t make sense, does it?
你这么做是因为爱孩子
I mean, you’re doing this because you love your kid.
可这么做的同时却消耗了用于孩子教育的钱
And in doing so, you’re draining money from your kid’s education.
-太荒谬了 -确实
– It seems ridiculous. – It is.
确实 年轻人
It is, boy.
我们必须马上回复
We’ll have to respond right away.
你儿子在这里上学吗
Your son goes to school out here?
是的 暂时的 我们说好了
Yeah, temporarily. We agreed.
她的试播集要拍成电视剧了 我想迁就她
Her pilot went to series and I wanted to accommodate her,
因为她经常觉得我们总按我的想法做
as she’s often felt we do things on my terms.
在离婚时做个更好的丈夫
Be a better husband in divorce.
大概吧 但我们住在纽约
I guess something like that, but we live in New York.
因为你孩子在这里上学
Well, with your kid going to school out here,
法庭可能不会这么认为
the court may see it differently.
我们会上法庭吗
Will we go to court?
不 我们可不想上法庭
No, no, we don’t want to go to court.
加州的法庭就是灾难
The courts in California are a disaster.
不 我们只是得考虑到这一点
No, that’s just how we have to think about it.
这应该不是我的眼镜
I’m not sure these are my glasses.
你在这里时住哪
Where are you living while you’re here?
我现在住在酒店
I’m in a hotel right now.
不 酒店看起来不太妙
No, a hotel doesn’t look good.
-谁看 -法庭
– To who? – The court.
你刚刚说我们不会上法庭
You just said we weren’t going to go to court.
不 当然 当然
No, of course, of course.
我们必须做好上庭的准备 希望不会上庭
We have to prepare to go to court, hoping we don’t go to court.
好吧
Okay.
你应该在洛杉矶找个住处
You should get a place in LA.
在她附近的房♥子 对争夺监护权更有利
And get a place near her. It looks better for custody reasons.
她住在西好莱坞 房♥租很贵
She’s in West Hollywood. That’ll be expensive.
我想我可以把我们在纽约的公♥寓♥租出去
I-I guess I could rent our New York apartment.
不要出租
Don’t rent it.
你必须继续证明你们是住在纽约的
You have to continue to prove New York residence.
当然 如果你在洛杉矶有住处
And of course, if you have a place in LA,
就很难证明你们都住在纽约 是吧
it’s hard to show you all live in New York, isn’t it?
那…
So…
我该怎么做
what do I do?
我建议你尽可能多地陪伴你儿子
I recommend you spend as much time as you can with your son.
许多人争取监护时间
Many people fight for that time,
然后又根本不用
then they don’t even use it.
他们只是想赢
They just want to win.
事情没那么复杂 对吧
This shouldn’t be that complicated, right?
我们家住在纽约
I mean, we’re a New York family.
我觉得一切都很清楚 不是吗
I think it’s all pretty straightforward. Right?
我希望是
I hope so, yes.
我觉得没理由…
I see no reason…
你们两个都爱孩子
You both love your child.
你们尊重对方
You respect each other.
这过程没理由会很痛苦
Why this shouldn’t be relatively pain-free.
没错
Right.
你戴的应该是我的眼镜
I think you have my glasses.
怪不得
That makes sense.
-你在做什么 -看这本杂♥志♥
– What have you been doing? – Reading this magazine.
你在看《加州律师》吗
You were reading California Lawyer?
是的
Yeah.
好 我就快结束了
Okay, I’m almost done.
我不会对那只猫期待太高
I wouldn’t expect too much from that cat.
-你想养什么宠物 -不知道
– What kind of pet do you want? – I don’t know…
我希望你知道这一切终究会结束
I want you to know that eventually this will all be over,
不管我们这次是赢是输
and whatever we win or lose…
都该是你们两个人一起解决这事
it’ll be the two of you having to figure this out together.
谢谢你
Thank you.
你是这个过程中第一个把我当人看的
You’re the first person in this process who’s spoken to me like a human.
你让我想起第二段婚姻中的自己
You remind me of myself on my second marriage.
快过来 快过来
Come! Come! Come! Come!
你和爸爸玩得开心吗
You have fun with Daddy?
我们转了好几个办公室
We drove around to offices.
想看看你的忍♥者服吗 在外婆床上
Do you want to see your ninja costume? It’s on G-ma’s bed.
-好呀 -好
– Yeah! – Yeah.
我让唐娜给他做了这件科学怪人服装
You know, I had Donna build him this whole Frankenstein thing
带插头什么的
with the plugs and…
他的表兄妹们都扮忍♥者 所以他也想…
Yeah, well, the cousins are ninjas, so he wanted to do that…
但我和他一起决定了扮这个
But he and I had decided together.
我不能逼他扮科学怪人
Well, I can’t make him be Frankenstein.
我没让逼他 只是你或许能帮我一下
I’m not asking you to, but maybe you can help me out a little.
我把这科学怪人服装留在这里
I’ll leave the Frankenstein here,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!