You wanted to see me?
我想跟你谈谈你的作业 卢斯
I wanted to talk to you about your assignment, Luce.
作业怎么了
What about it?
我假定你和你妈谈过了
I assumed you spoke to your mother…
我都还没有回家 怎么可能和我妈谈过
I haven’t gotten it back yet. How could I talk to my mom about it?
我直说吧
Well, I’ll just say, uh…
读完你的作业 我对你陈述的
After reading through it, I have some concerns
一些观点有些担忧
about some of the arguments you made.
那不是我的观点
Well they aren’t mine.
什么
Excuse me?
那些论点 是弗兰茨·法农的
The arguments, they’re Frantz Fanon’s.
我知道
I realize that.
作业要求以他的口吻写
The assignment was to write in his voice.
你真认为我相信那一套
You really think I believe that stuff?
我不知道
Well, I don’t know.
如果我不认识你 我读完那作业
If I didn’t know you, Luce, it would be reasonable for me
完全有理由认为你…
to read that assignment and conclude…
但你认识我
But you do know me.
听我说
Look, um,
吓到你我很抱歉
I’m sorry if I scared you.
我只想把作业做好
I just wanted to do a good job.
你的确完成得不错
You did do a good job.
我懂
I mean, I get it.
-懂什么 -我懂
– Get what? – Well, I get
如果一个在学开车前就先会开枪的人
how someone who learned how to shoot a gun before driving a car
写那么一篇东西
writing something like that
可能会吓到别人
might make someone freaked out.
我只是希望你知道我不是那样的人 威尔逊老师
I just hope you know me better than that, Ms. Wilson.
我也觉得你不是 卢斯
I like to think that I do, Luce.
你还有什么想跟我谈的吗
Is there anything else you wanted to talk to me about?
没有了
No.
告诉你妈 我希望她给我打个电♥话♥
But tell your mom I’d like her to call me.
为什么
Why?
因为我想和她聊聊
Because I want to speak with her.
聊什么
What about? I mean,
除非你们有私交 否则我猜和我有关
I guess it’s about me unless you guys are friends or something.
请让她给我打电♥话♥ 卢斯
Please have her call me, Luce.
谢谢你过来
Thank you for stopping in.
好的
Of course.
威尔逊老师
Hey, Ms. Wilson…
你最喜欢哪个节日
What’s your favorite holiday?
-什么 -你最喜欢哪个节日
– Excuse me? – What’s your favorite holiday?
我不确定 大概圣诞节吧
I don’t know. Christmas maybe.
我最喜欢独♥立♥日
Mine is Independence Day.
我来美国之前
Before I came here,
我一个节日也没听说过
I didn’t know a single holiday and
我记得我妈努力跟我解释各种节日
I remember my mom trying to explain what they were.
没有听说过节日的话 很难理解
It’s a hard concept to grasp if you’ve never heard of it,
但是
but,
搞懂所有节日后 我最喜欢的节日
once I learned them all, my favorite, hands down,
毫无疑问 一直都是独♥立♥日
has always been Independence Day.
为什么
Why is that?
我喜欢它的含义
I like what it represents.
自♥由♥
Freedom,
力量
strength,
个性
individuality.
另外我也喜欢烟花 那种光芒
Also I love the fireworks. The lights.
卢斯 我要提醒你 你在这里是个学生
Luce, I’d like to remind you that you’re still a student here
我是你的老师
and I am your teacher.
无论你把什么视为不公
And regardless of what you may view as some sort of injustice
-你在说什么 -或者不合理
– What are you talking about? – or unfair,
记住这里的规矩
just remember how things are organized around here.
当然了 回头见
Totally. I’ll see you around.
-丘萨克的财报 -谢谢 贝丝
– The financials from Cusack. – Thanks, Beth.
季终支出结算 是不是
Quarter end payments went out, right?
对
Yes.
怎么
Yeah?
威尔逊老师 你好吗
Ms. Wilson. How are you?
她为什么给你打电♥话♥
Why is she calling you?
我记得我也还是家长之一呢
Well, last I checked I’m one of two parents.
没错 但她之前都是跟我沟通的
Yeah, but she was communicating with me
现在怎么变成给你打电♥话♥了
and now she’s calling you?
好吧 她可以跟任一家长谈论我们儿子的问题
Well, we’re both available to talk about our son.
这个女人对卢斯抱有恨意
This woman has some kind of vendetta against Luce.
-恨意 真的吗 -是的
– Vendetta? Really? – Yeah.
她之前跟他有过节 而现在
She has some thing with him and now,
现在她试图对我们分而治之
now she’s trying to divide and conquer.
说话真有水平
Nice word choice.
她之前那样对斯蒂芬妮·金
What she did with Stephanie Kim
现在又想这样对卢斯
and what she’s trying to do now with Luce,
她对不同的孩子用不同标准
this woman holds different kids to different standards based on…
你有见到或听到她对那女孩做的事情吗
Did you see or hear what she did to that girl?
-我听到的足够下判断了 -从卢斯那里听的
– I’ve heard enough to know. – From Luce, yeah.
是的 从我们儿子那里听的 他对我们一直很诚实
Yes, from our son, who has always been honest with us.
除了在储物柜里藏着非法烟花
Except about having illegal fireworks in his locker.
那件事他并没有说谎
He didn’t lie about that.
-是吗 -没告诉我们
– Is that so? – Not telling us
和说谎可是两码事
and lying are two different things.
如果他做坏事是有模式的呢
And what if there’s a pattern here?
-模式 -没错
– A pattern? – Yeah.
论文 烟花 威胁老师
The paper, the fireworks, the threat…
彼得
Peter…
-我们至少得坦诚面对 -绝对不行
– We have to be at least open to the possibility – Absolutely not.
儿子可能做某些事的可能
that our son is capable of…
做什么 做什么的可能
Of what? Capable of what?
告诉我你知道他是个好孩子 彼得
Tell me you know he’s a good kid, Pete.
告诉我如果真的出事
Tell me if shit hits the fan,
我们不会舍弃我们的儿子
we aren’t about to abandon our son.
-我们当然不会舍弃他 -我们的黑人儿子得面对
– Of course we’re not going to abandon him. – Our black son to a system
一个本来就想整死他的体系
that already wants to shit all over him.
我们的职责是保护他 支持他
It’s our job to protect him, to have his back.
那只一部分 我们还有一种职责
That’s part of it. It’s our job
-是做正确的事 -是为他
– to do what’s right. – By him.
是为他做正确的事
To do what’s right by him.
-卢斯 -怎么
– Luce! – Yeah?
-有时间吗 -你说过会按我的方法做的
– Got a minute? – You said you’d do this my way.
-是的 -怎么了
– Yeah. – What’s up?
你有没有威胁你的老师
Did you threaten your teacher?
-亲爱的 -什么
– Honey… – Excuse me?
你听到我说的了
You heard me.
我有没有威胁…
Did I threaten…?
威尔逊老师打电♥话♥了
Ms. Wilson called.
威尔逊老师说我威胁她了吗
Ms. Wilson said I threatened her?
有没有
Did you?
-她说什么 -她说…
– What did she say? – She said…
别管她说了什么 你干什么了
Never mind what she said. What did you do?
她让我过去见她
She asked me to come and see her.
然后
And?
我感谢她帮我理清辩论的论点
I thanked her for helping me with my debate case.
-她帮了你 -是的 她跟丹校长
– She helped you? – Yeah, her and Principal Dan.
我为什么要威胁她
Why would I threaten her?
她想跟你谈什么事情
What did she want to talk to you about?
一篇论文 我们之前有误会
A paper. We had a misunderstanding.
我为此道歉
I apologized for it.
你有没有提到独♥立♥日
You say anything about the 4th of July?
-什么 -亲爱的
– What? – Honey…
-还有烟花 -那怎么能算是威胁
– About fireworks? – How is that a threat?
你到底有没有提到独♥立♥日
Did you or did you not say something about the 4th of July?
我说独♥立♥日是我最爱的节日
I said the 4th of July was my favorite holiday.
你为什么那样说
Why would you say that?
因为我以为我们在聊天