that you’re yelling at me for nothing! I’m not doing it!
你竟然对我大吼大叫
If you barbarians won’t be still and finish this lamb,
你们要再吵 吃不完这只羊
none of you will get the chocolate cake.
就别想吃巧克力蛋糕
Yes, Mom!
遵命老妈
Oh, Jamie, if you could make money fucking,
杰米 泡妞要能赚钱
you’d be even richer than me.
你肯定比我有钱
I’ll call the Pfizer guy in the morning.
明早我就给辉瑞制药那同学电♥话♥
Let’s welcome the class of 1997 trainees!
欢迎各位1997级辉瑞制药销♥售♥员
This is not a pill. This is tens of millions of dollars in research.
这不是普通的药 它是耗资千百万的研究成果
This is thousands of hours of hard labor.
花费了无数小时的辛勤工作
This, ladies and gentlemen, is software.
女士们先生们 这就是软体
Your training will last six weeks.
六周培训之后
Each of you will leave here a fully qualified health care professional.
你们都会成为医药专家
That’s 33% fewer phone calls for you at 4:00 a. m.
让凌晨四点前来电少了三分之一
That’s 33% less angry… Shit!
让凌晨四点前来电…妈的
Your job will be to go fight illness.
你们的使命就是击退病魔
Hello… Fuck!
妈的
Shit!
靠
Ah! Fuck! Ah! Shit! Ow!
妈的 我♥操♥
Off-label uses are benefits not yet recognized by the FDA.
药品核准标示外使用 还没有得到药物管理局批准
But you can boost sales by hinting at what these uses are.
但你们可以通过暗示功效来增加销量
Hello, Doctor. Do you know that prescribing Zithromax…
医生您好 听说过希舒美这种处方药吗
Prescribing Zithromax…
介绍希舒美…
Bonjour, Doctor!
你好 医生
Prescribing Zithromax… Zithromax.
介绍希舒美 希舒美
Zoloft, a drug approved solely for the treatment of depression.
药理上讲 左洛复只治抑郁
Off-label uses: alcoholism, bulimia, PMS,
核标外的药效是治愈酗酒 暴食 经前症候群
smoking, social anxiety.
嗜烟 社交焦虑
Is there a question?
还有问题吗
Zoloft has been associated with suicidal ideation in teenagers.
左洛复可能会增加青少年自杀倾向
Unproven.
还没有证明
Proven. Unreported.
没报出来而已吧
Your job will be to go share this technology.
你们的使命是共享这尖端科技
Your job will be to go save lives.
你们的使命是治病救人
The health care industry today is worth $2 trillion a year.
目前医药行业年销♥售♥额两万亿
The top 10 pharma companies make more money
《财富》年度五百强企业中
than all 490 of the other Fortune
前十家医药公♥司♥的总销♥售♥额
500 companies combined.
超过了其余四百九十家企业的总和
What family is Feldene a part of? Nonsteroidal…
费啶属于哪类药物 非甾体类…
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory. An NSAID.
非甾体类抗炎镇痛解热栓剂
A better world, that’s why we’re here.
我们的使命是让世界更美好
Lipitor in Palm Beach!
派我去棕榈滩卖♥♥立普妥
Xanax, New England!
我去新英格兰卖♥♥赞安诺
What about you, Jamie-bamie?
杰米你呢
Zoloft and Zithromax in the Ohio River Valley.
去俄亥俄河谷卖♥♥左洛复和希舒美
Welcome to Pfizer!
欢迎加入辉瑞制药公♥司♥
What are you thinking about?
想什么呢
Money.
想发财
Pay attention.
记住
We are not going door-to-door selling oatmeal cookies for the Girl Scouts here.
我们不挨家挨户推销 不是卖♥♥饼干的女童子军
You are not the goddamn Avon lady. You understand what I’m saying?
也不是卖♥♥雅芳的娘们 懂吗
This is hardcore sales, and you have a quota.
这是硬销 你们都有销♥售♥指标
And people at the home office keeping track of that quota.
总部那帮人会紧盯你的指标
And your cold calls, and your mileage, and your receipts.
包括你的电♥话♥推销 跑的路线 和你的进账额
How often you goddamn masturbate.
还有你打飞机的频率
What is the quota for masturbation?
打飞机的指标是多少
You can masturbate as much as you like, smartass,
爱怎么打怎么打 你个滑头
as long as you make a lot of money.
能赚钱就行
Okay.
行
Voila! Okay, now, remember.
这就是了 记住
Hospitals have a no-reps policy.
医院不准推销员进入
Doesn’t mean we can’t give the docs a nice, dry walk from their cars.
但没有说我们不能陪着医生一起走进去 并让他不淋到雨
All right?
懂了吧
There he is. All right.
看 医生来了
No time like the present.
赶快上吧
Get your head in the game.
进入角色 别忘了
Remember, Pfizer makes his life better.
辉瑞让生活更美好
Pfizer makes his patients happier,
辉瑞让你更快乐
so he makes more money.
也让你更有钱
Wait, the pens, the pens! Oh, the pens!
等等 笔 笔 对了 笔
Always lead with a pen.
天天送支纪念品钢笔
Gifts establish reciprocity!
礼物构建友谊
Doctor!
医生
Hey, Doctor, Jamie Randall. Pfizer. How are you doing?
你好 我叫杰米·兰德尔 辉瑞制药公♥司♥的代表 你好吗
No, thank you. Look… It’s wet out here.
别说了 谢谢 你瞧…外面雨大
I don’t want you compromising your immune system.
我可不希望你生病
Let’s talk about Zithromax for a second.
我们说说希舒美吧
Which part of “No, thank you” do you not understand?
不用了 谢谢
You wanna take a pen? No, thank you.
送你支笔吧 笔要吗 不 谢谢
Okay.
好吧
That’s 33% fewer phone calls for you at 4:00 a. m.
让凌晨四点前来电少三分之一
Please stop, okay?
请别说了 好吗
That’s why I wanna talk to you about Zithromax, okay?
所以我才要跟您聊聊希舒美 行吗?
We are throwing antibiotics at people the minute they sneeze,
他们一打喷嚏我们就给他们用抗生素
and it doesn’t work on viruses anyway.
免疫系统都没用了
What’s your name? Goldstein.
您贵姓 古斯汀
Right. Dr. Goldstein, okay, what we’re doing…
古斯汀医生 是这样的 我们正…
No, what you’re doing is creating classes of drug-resistant superbugs.
你们正创造一系列超级细菌
And that might be good for business,
你们就为赚钱
because you will develop stronger antibiotics
继续开♥发♥各种抗生素
and ruin people’s immune systems altogether.
最后毁掉病人的免疫系统
No… You… Thank you.
不是的 我… 谢了
Models. Beauty queens.
什么模特 选美皇后
Equestrian princesses. Shit.
马术公主 都是骗人的
You know what I heard? They’re even starting to hire strippers.
你知道我听说了什么吗 他们连脱衣舞♥女♥都雇
I heard that.
我听说过
Hey, Lisa!
你好 丽莎
Her name’s not Lisa. I know. I know.
她不叫丽莎 我知道
But if every time I say, “Hey, Lisa,”
但如果我每次都叫她丽莎
then eventually she’ll come up to me and she’ll be like, you know,
最后她就会跟我说
“My name’s not Lisa, it’s Jennifer,” or whatever, and I’ll do a big apology
她不叫丽莎 叫詹妮弗什么的 我就会道歉
and I’ll say, “I thought you were the Lisa
然后说 我以为你是我前女友丽莎
who was mad at me for not calling. ”
我没打给她 就被她甩了
And from then on, Jennifer, or whatever her name is,
之后这个詹妮弗什么的
will think that I dated a girl who looked just like her, who I rejected.
就以为我有她这样的前女友
She’ll develop this unconscious need to win my approval,
她就会不知觉地想得到我的亲睐
and from then on, it’s cake.
这样我就把她拿下了
Damn!
真♥他♥妈♥牛
Accepted etiquette is one rep at a time. Screw etiquette.
规矩是一次只见一个代表 去他的规矩
Competing reps are not your friends. Okay, Knight.
都是竞争对手 可别留情 奈特诊所
Where you going? Oh. Sorry.
你往哪去 抱歉
Knight is a doc you gotta close.
奈特医生是条大鱼
Leads the largest group in the city.
这里有全城最密集的人口
Lots of fucked-up college students on Prozac who should be on Zoloft.
大把问题学生都吃百忧解 你要说服他们换成左洛复
You always bring donuts?
每次都带甜甜圈吗
Pharma sales is a lot like dating.
卖♥♥药好比约会
They want you to take them to dinner and pretend to expect nothing in return.
他们想让你请吃晚饭 却不求任何回报
And no one ever got laid by going Dutch. Exactly.
想泡到人 就要狠下血本 没错
Gail, good morning! How are you this fine day?
早上好 盖尔 今天怎么样
Sick people touch those.
那是病人拿过的
When I order a second test, it’s for a reason, God damn it.
再验一次 哪那么多废话
Unbelievable!
太笨了
That’s him. Another time.
就是他 还是下次再来吧
If they don’t take us in five minutes, we leave. Only losers wait.
五分钟还没动静 就闪 窝囊废才等个没完
There he is.
帅哥来了
Hey there, beautiful. How you doing?
美女你好吗
Get over here, Trey.
你知道我想怎样 特雷
Two tickets to La Bohème on the 19th.
两张十九号♥的《波西米亚人》歌♥剧票
I hate you. Can’t you go with me instead of my husband?
真讨厌 你能陪我去吗 我烦我老公
Trey Hannigan. Lilly’s Prozac rep, top 10 nationally.
特雷·汉尼根 礼来公♥司♥卖♥♥百忧解的 销♥售♥额全国前十