我等不及要告诉我太太
I can’t wait to get home and tell my wife.
我们会为此大笑几星期
We’ll be laughing about this for weeks.
我不明白,先生
我做这行很久了
I just don’t understand it, Monsieur.
I’ve been in this business many years.
我的报告一向100%正确
My reports have always been 100%correct.
你说对了饭店
You came very close.
You had the right hotel…
房♥间、男人和吉普赛乐队
…the right suite,
the right man, the right gypsies…
但女人是错的
你确定?
-…but you had the wrong woman.
-Are you absolutely sure?
绝对,声音、脸孔都不像
Different voice, different figure,
different everything.
这样的话,我得向你道歉并退钱
Under the circumstances, Monsieur,
I owe you an apology and a refund.
我只对了百分之80
Since I was only 80%correct…
应该退给你百分之20的费用
…I feel I should return 20%of your money.
不,留着吧
你是巴黎最好的侦探
No, keep it. As far as I’m concerned,
you’re the best detective in Paris.
晚安,先生
Good night, Monsieur.
记得一件事,不可乱下结论
Just remember one thing:
You must not jump to conclusions.
你好,小姐
Pardon, Mademoiselle.
早安,宝贝
Good morning, my darling.
早安,爸爸
Good morning, Papa.
早餐在桌上
Your breakfast is on the table.
海顿98号♥?
Haydn’s 98th?
88号♥
88?
-88th.
-88th?
最近好像什么都弄错了
Just don’t seem
to get anything right lately.
再见,亚莉
Goodbye, Ariane.
要出门了,爸爸?
You leaving, Papa?
海顿写88号♥交响曲时
定是绞尽脑汁
Mr. Haydn seems to have run out of ideas
when he got to Symphony No. 88.
是的,有新案子吗
Yes. Working on a new case?
布鲁塞尔的客户,他太太和司机跑了
A client from Brussels. His wife ran away
to Paris with the chauffeur.
他想要回车子
I have to find them.
The husband wants his car back.
看来很公平
Well, it seems only fair.
今晚有排演?
是的
-Rehearsal this evening?
-Yes, Papa.
米契会送你回来?
会吧
-Will Michel bring you home?
-I suppose so.
他是好孩子
你一直这样说
-He’s a nice boy, Michel.
-You keep saying that.
他来自受尊敬的家庭
He comes from a very respectable family.
爸爸和叔叔都在政♥府♥工作
Father and two uncles
work for the government…
母亲弹竖琴
…mother plays the harp,
grandfather was a missionary…
祖父是法属赤道非洲的使节
…in French Equatorial Africa,
and there hasn’t been a scandal…
自1822年以来没有家族丑闻
…in the family since 1822.
你调查过米契?
Papa! You investigated Michel?
是的,这是我应该为你做的
Yes, I have.
I think I owe it to my only daughter.
你无需如此
You’re spoiling me.
若我是印地安头子
If I were an Indian potentate…
会用钻石给你沐浴
…I’d shower you with diamonds.
若我是鞋匠会替你补鞋
If I were a cobbler,
I’d sole your shoes, but…
但我是个侦探
唯一能给你的就是详细档案
…since I’m only a detective,
all I can offer you is a detailed dossier.
爸爸,我爱你
Papa, I love you very much.
我更爱你
I love you more.
亲爱的法那肯先生
Dear Mr. Flannagan:
在我查过你的纪录后
After careful examination
of your past record…
我觉得你不值得再见
…I have decided you are not
the kind of man I would care to see again…
就算下午见也不行
…not even in the afternoon.
亲爱的法那肯先生
Dear Mr. Flannagan:
希望这封信使你来得及
I hope this letter reaches you in time…
取消吉普赛乐园
…to cancel the gypsies.
我不是你感兴趣的类型
I’m not exactly the kind of girl
you would be interested in.
你不会对我有兴趣的
As a matter of fact, I’m exactly the kind
of girl you would not be interested in.
亲爱的
“Dear Mr…
法那肯先生
“…Flannagan:
我昨晚
“I made a very serious…
犯了一个大错
“…mistake last night.
我应该
“I should have…
让你
“…let you…
被枪杀
“…be shot.”
第7,给威尼斯市长的电报
Item 7: Telegram to the Mayor of Venice.
Preliminary estimate…
翻修运河的初步成本估价是八千七百万
…on the cost of overhauling
your canals is $87,000,000.
我给你的建议是
If you want my advice,
drain the water out of the canals…
先抽干水再铺路
…and pave them over,
or those plumbing bills will kill you.
进来
Come in!
第8,英国的百事可乐瓶子工厂
Item 8: Attention all Pepsi-Cola
bottling plants in Great Britain.
建议标语,”为百事可乐前进”
Suggested slogan, “Pop in for a Pepsi”…
完毕
…okay by me.
你好
Hello there.
你好
马上就来
-Hello.
-Be right with you.
第9,明天到纽约预订
圣瑞吉斯饭店平常那间房♥
Item 9: Arriving New York tomorrow.
Reserve usual suite, St. Regis Hotel.
送花给这些人并随时待命
Send flowers to the following
and alert to stand by:
比林斯小姐,德沃托小姐
钱德勒小姐,弗拉格斯塔太太
“Miss Billings, Miss Devoto,
Miss Chandler, Mrs. Flagstad.”
如果弗拉格斯塔先生在家就算了
奥尼尔小姐,香奈儿小姐
Disregard if Mr. Flagstad is in town.
“Miss O’Neil, Miss Chanel.”
还有更多
More later.
很高兴再见面
Nice to see you again.
我提早到了
很好
-I came early.
-Good.
我早到是来告诉你待会我不来了
I came early because I wanted to tell you
that I’m not coming later.
让我弄清楚
Let me get this straight.
你来告诉我你不来了吗
You came to tell me
that you’re not coming?
我只是来还帽子
I only came up here to bring back the hat.
喝点东西吧
不,我要走了
-Well, get yourself a drink.
-No, thank you. I can’t stay.
为何
Why not?
另外有约
I told you it would be difficult.
I have another date.
这样啊,请进来吧
不了
-I see. Come in here, will you, please?
-No, thank you.
请进吧,我需要你帮忙
I said please. I need your help.
什么样的忙?
What sort of help?
坐上去,我才能锁上
Sit on this, will you?
If you don’t sit on it, I can’t lock it.
你今晚离开?
11点的飞机
-Then you are leaving tonight?
-11:00 plane.
你从不在一个地方停太久?
You don’t stay in one place
for very long, do you?
身不由己,坐上去吧
Not if I can help it. Climb up.
在其他地方谁帮你锁行李?
Who sits on your suitcase
in all those other places?
一向都有困难
It’s a problem, all right.
你的重量刚好
是吗?
-You’re just the right weight.
-Am I?
去年在日本弄坏了一个崭新的行李箱
In Japan last year,
they ruined a brand-new suitcase.
整个盖子都陷进去了
The whole lid crushed in.