表示你一直是自己提大提琴
…which proves that you’ve been carrying
the cello case yourself.
不可能是米契
It couldn’t possibly be Michel.
他是谁?
Who is the man?
有人在叫门,爸爸
There’s somebody at the door, Papa.
我不是以侦探的身份盘问你
而是作为一个父亲在关心你
I’m not asking you as a detective,
I’m asking as a father.
你还是先去开门吧
I wish one of you would open the door.
来了
All right, all right.
你是夏弗侦探?
You Chavasse, the detective?
是的
Yes.
冒昧拜访请见谅
有人介绍我来找你
Sorry to barge in like this,
but you were highly recommended.
很荣幸
请进,法那肯先生
This is a great honor.
Come right in, Mr. Flannagan.
你认识我?
You know me?
艺术系的学生会不认识毕加索吗?
Do I know you?
Does an art student know Picasso?
这边请
This way, please.
夏弗先生,我想查一个人
Mr. Chavasse, I’ve got a problem.
I want somebody investigated.
来对地方了
You’ve come to the right place.
一个年轻女孩
There’s this young lady,
almost a girl, I’d say.
她让我发狂
She’s driving me crazy.
让你发狂?真有趣
Driving you crazy? That’s very funny.
什么有趣?
通常都是你令别人发狂
-What’s so funny?
-Usually it is you in the driver’s seat.
昨晚我过得很糟
要阿司匹林吗
-Please, I’ve had a rough night.
-Would you like an aspirin?
不,谢谢
我要跟踪她
No, thanks. I want this girl followed,
discreetly. Are you good at it?
你可以吗?不要被她发现
Because I don’t want her to know.
你知道自己被跟踪过吗
Monsieur, did you ever know
that you were being followed?
我?被跟踪?
Me? Followed?
看来我很在行,有关费用
钱不是问题
-Then I’m very good at it! About my fee–
-Don’t worry about the money.
我是说,这和做生意一样
I’m not worried, Monsieur.
I mean, as one businessman to another…
你也知道法郎起伏不定
…with the franc the way it is,
up and down…
我希望你付我美金
…I would prefer to be paid in dollars.
美金或支票都行,查出她就好
Dollars, traveler’s checks, I don’t care.
Get me the lowdown on her.
交给我吧
告诉我你知道的
Leave it to me.
Tell me everything you know about her.
什么都不知,只知道她不叫阿道夫
I know nothing,
except that her name isn’t Adolph.
不叫阿道夫
那可把范围缩小些
Not Adolph.
Well, that narrows it down considerably.
在哪认识的
Where did you meet her?
丽池
In my suite at the Ritz.
你邀请她的?
不是
-You invited her?
-No.
她不请自来?
You mean she just walked
through the door?
不,是从阳台
No, through the balcony.
这不是很奇怪吗?
Isn’t that rather peculiar?
她本来就是个奇怪的姑娘
Not for her. She’s a very peculiar girl.
她长什么样?
她长得
-What does she look like?
-Well, she’s sort of….
不用说,我知道你的兴趣
Say no more, Monsieur. I know your type.
性感丰满的
Very voluptuous,
always 3 or 4 pounds overweight.
不,她不是
相反,她很瘦
No, not this one. She’s on the lean side,
a mere wisp of a girl.
完全不是我喜欢的类型
她一定有与众不同之处
-Not my type at all.
-She must have something.
当然,她的神秘让我倾倒
Definitely. She’s got an uncanny talent
for getting under my skin.
我不知她打哪来,上哪去
I don’t know where she comes from,
or where she goes.
我怀疑她,但不确定
怀疑什么?
-I suspect, but I’m not sure.
-You suspect what?
她好像有很多其他男人
It seems there are other men,
quite a few of them.
相当的多
As a matter of fact, quite a lot of them.
她好像在开玩笑,但又像是真的
Then again, she may be pulling my leg,
then again, she may not.
有阿司匹林吗
有的,免费
-How about that aspirin?
-Of course. There’s no extra charge.
爸爸头痛?
不,是客户要的
-Headache, Papa?
-No, I feel fine. It’s the client.
爱了就跑的人
Hit-and-run lover.
这回自己被甩了
Got run over himself!
她看起来很像个学生
To look at her
you’d think she was a student.
多少?
-How many?
-Nineteen.
19颗阿司匹林?
Nineteen aspirins?
两颗,有19个男人
Two aspirins. Nineteen men!
别哼了,我听够这曲子了
抱歉
-Cut it out. I’ve heard enough of that!
-I’m sorry.
从红发代数老师,到荷兰酒鬼
From a redheaded algebra teacher
to a Dutch alcoholic.
中间还有骑马教练,阿尔卑斯山导游
And in between, there was
a riding instructor and an Alpine guide.
阿尔卑斯山导游?
我有这种案子
Alpine guide? Just a minute.
I had a case like this.
他们在马特洪峰相遇
She met him on the Matterhorn.
他耳后有酒涡,膝上有雪绒花
Dimples behind his ears
and Edelweiss on his knees.
好像说反了
Or the other way around.
阿尔卑斯山导游,在这里
Alpine guide, here we are.
她是英国女公爵,45岁
She’s an English duchess, age 45.
不,她没有45岁
No! She’s no 45.
也不是女公爵
倒是有一个公爵男人
She’s no duchess,
but she was mixed up with a duke.
之后还有个进出口商
After that there was an export-import guy.
进出口商?听起来很耳熟
Export-import? Wait, wait.
That sounds familiar.
出口香水,进口香蕉
Exports perfume and imports bananas.
我这个是芥末
Wrong. This one deals
in mustard exclusively.
还有加拿大冰球选手和布鲁塞尔银行家
There was a Canadian ice-hockey player
and a banker from Brussels.
布鲁塞尔银行家?
Brussels? Banker?
我感觉我见过这女孩
You know, I have a feeling
I’ve run across this girl before.
我并不意外
接着是个斗牛士
I wouldn’t be surprised.
Then there was a bullfighter.
斗牛士?
Bullfighter?
他膝盖上有疤
He got gored.
真令人发狂
You know, this is maddening.
我连她的一垒都上不了
I couldn’t get to first base with her.
如同狂风掠过我的资料
并把它们搅在了一起
It’s like a hurricane swept through
my papers and jumbled everything up!
像是有人闯进过我的档案
Like somebody broke into my files.
下午她会来见我,大约6点离开
She’s coming to see me this afternoon.
She’ll leave around 6:00.
你要去跟踪她,再见
Suppose you follow her. So long.
等等,法那肯先生
你说她不叫阿道夫
Tell me, Mr. Flannagan,
when you said her name isn’t Adolph….
我只知道她的名字是A开头
All I know, is it begins with an “A.”
A?
“A”?
不是安娜,不是艾格尼丝,也不是阿加莎
It’s not Anna, or Agnes, or Agatha….
那曲子
That tune….
不是来自歌♥剧吧?
It’s not from an opera, is it?
那是”意乱情迷”
维也纳伤感主义音乐
It’s an old Viennese schmaltz
called Fascination.
我的吉普赛乐团一直演奏它
当然
-My gypsies play it all the time.