对,可我刚想明白了
Yes.
As it happens,
I was just now thinking about that.
Erm, after all, it’s not as if
我的时间都用来上班,不值得
I’ve found a wealth of other ways
to occupy my time.
威廉姆斯先生
这会儿人多,我得失陪了
Mr Williams, it’s very busy.
– I’m sorry.
– Yeah, of course, I’ll let you go.
对,当然,我不耽误您了,可我…
But, I am…
我想知道您什么时候下班
I did wonder
when your present shift ended.
您为什么要关心这事?
Why would you mind about that?
为什么?
Why?
至少是因为《战地新娘》正在热映
Well, for one thing,
because they’re showing
I Was A Male War Bride
at the pictures.
不知道您愿不愿意去看
And I wondered
if you’d care to come along.
不,我不能总鼓励您翘班
No, I shan’t be encouraging
this skiving any longer.
您应该回去上班
您这样他们会怎么想?
You need to get
back to the office, alright?
What will they be thinking?
对,可您看,今天…
– Er, yes. But, you see, today…
是我的电影日
…is my pictures day.
我想有人陪我去看
Er, and I was merely wishing
for a companion.
哦,算了
Oh, well.
加里·格兰特主演,哈瑞斯小姐
Cary Grant, Miss Harris.
我知道您很喜欢他
I understood you were…
quite fond of him.
又遇到桃花劫了?
Any female trouble?
还能有什么,中士
Nothing much, Sergeant.
您有孩子吗?
Have you ever had any children before?
哦,哪壶不开提哪壶
Oh, my aching back.
您知道早饭前那种难受的感觉吗?
You know
that awful feeling before breakfast?
-不知道,上尉
-算您幸运,中士
No, Captain, I don’t.
Oh, Sergeant, you’re lucky.
Yes!
– Ha!
威廉姆斯先生,我该回家了
不然我表姐该担心我了
Mr Williams.
It’s time I was going home.
My cousin will be getting concerned.
当然了,不过您先看看这个
Oh, of course.
But, erm, look at this.
看着简单
但其实一点都不简单,真的
It may seem easy,
but I assure you it isn’t.
看着
Look.
Ohh.
-很难的
-威廉姆斯先生,我真的得走了
It’s so difficult.
Mr Williams, I really must be going.
哦,当然了
Oh. Oh, of course.
但是您走之前
哈瑞斯小姐,要不要亲自来试试?
But before you go, Miss Harris,
wouldn’t you like
to have a try yourself?
我觉得您会很擅长这个,兔子
I have a feeling, you see,
that you’d be rather good at this.
It’s the rabbit.
-就夹兔子
-好吧,就夹一次,我就该走了
It’s the rabbit we’re after.
Very well. Just once. Then I’ll go.
没有您想得那么容易…
It’s not nearly as easy as it, erm…
哦,我就说嘛!
Oh, I say!
厉害,哈瑞斯小姐,我就知道您能行
Well done, Miss Harris, well done.
I might have known you could do it.
好了,那我走了
Right. Now I’m going.
好,当然了
Yes, of course.
我送您去车站
I’ll walk you to your bus.
厉害,哈瑞斯小姐
Bravo, Miss Harris.
哈瑞斯小姐
Miss Harris?
-怎么了,威廉姆斯先生?
-我想…
What is it, Mr Williams?
I wondered…
您能不能…
if you’d… join me for a drink.
陪我喝一杯
只要几分钟
A few mins, that’s all.
因为我…
Because you see, I…
我不太…
…I don’t… I don’t feel quite able
to go home just yet.
我还不太想回家
哦,这样不太好吧,威廉姆斯先生?
Oh, this isn’t very nice, really,
is it, Mr Williams?
我知道我们很纯洁
我也没有暗示什么,可是…
I know it’s quite innocent,
and I’m not implying anything, but…
您比我大很多
Well, you’re much older than me.
有人可能会觉得…
And someone,
someone might suppose that…
您糊涂了
you’re becoming infatuated.
糊涂了?
Infatuated?
我想…
I suppose, in a way, I am.
某种意义上讲,我是有点
可不是他们想的那种
But not quite as some might suppose.
我发现,您来了之后很多事都变了
I realised, since you arrived,
how very different it had been.
坦白讲,我确实担心过,您的态度…
I confess I did at times worry
if your attitude was, well…
是不是合适
appropriate.
But I came to appreciate you.
但我很敬佩您
不只是因为您年轻
And, and not, not simply
for your youth.
还有别的品质
There was some other quality.
您对生活的渴望
Your…
appetite for life.
总能热情快乐地去面对
Your… the way you always make
everything jolly and gay.
和我们一起工作的时候也是
Even while working there with us.
威廉姆斯先生,我只是个普通人
Mr Williams…
I’m– I’m just an ordinary person
like everybody else.
我没有那么好的品质
I– I have no such special quality.
我尽量让自己开心
这一点没错,可是…
I try to stay cheerful.
That’s true, but–
哈瑞斯小姐
我想我可以向您透露心声
Miss Harris,
I wonder if I may confide in you.
有件事我谁都没告诉
There’s something
I haven’t really told anyone else.
连我儿子都不知道
Not even my son.
是一件…
It’s quite…
很乏味的事,但其实…
a bore, really, but the fact is…
其实我活不久了
The fact is I’m not expected
to live much longer.
我得了癌症,就在这儿
I have a cancer. Here.
得知这个消息后,我…
After receiving my news, I…
我好好地得审视了我自己
I took to looking
around myself a little.
就是我在皮卡迪利街碰到您那天…
And that day
I saw you in Piccadilly…
我对自己说“看看她
I thought, “Look at her.
看看哈瑞斯小姐
“Look at Miss Harris.
我要是能像她
活得那么纯粹多好,哪怕一天也行”
“If I’m only to be alive like her
for one day.”
我想我…
I suppose I…
我希望您能告诉我,或者…
I hoped you’d show me, or…
教我怎么能像您一样
teach me to be like you.
威廉姆斯先生,您儿子…
Mr Williams… your son.
为什么不告诉您儿子?
Why haven’t you told your son?
这个…
Well…
迈克就是我的全世界
I think the world of Michael.
他现在的世界…
However, he’s now…
他有他的生活、他的忧虑
He has his own life to live,
his own concerns,
and that’s as it should be.
他都要去面对
您说得对,我的行为就像个老糊涂
But you’re correct.
I’m behaving like an old fool.
您给我起的绰号♥叫什么来着?
What was it, your name for me?
僵尸先生
Mr Zombie.
Yes. Mr Zombie.
哦,对,僵尸先生
也不总是
I wasn’t always.
我像您这么大的时候
从我这么高的时候起…
When I was your age,
from when I was this high,
我想要做的…