怎么了?
What’s the matter?
她身子弱 – 哦
She has an infirmity. – Oh.
她是害羞啊
She’s shy.
我懂了 懂了
Oh. I see, I see.
如果不是因为这个 她是不会挑三拣四的
If it weren’t for that, she’d be simply fastidious,
她是个真正的艺术家 她弹奏得非常优美
for she’s a real artiste and plays the piano beautifully.
改天她可以过来弹弹琴
She should come over here and play sometime.
她不会那样做的
Oh, she’d never do that.
她不为别人而弹奏 只为自己
She doesn’t play for people, just herself.
哦 我不是要听她弹琴
Oh, I wasn’t going to listen to her.
只是那架钢琴没用的话 就要报废了
It’s just that that piano is going to ruin for want of use.
我希望有人能来弹奏它
I was hoping somebody would come and practice on it,
以免它走调 你明白的
just to keep it in tune, you know.
要是没人愿意来 就算了
Oh, if no one cares to come, never mind.
有人愿意 非常愿意
Someone cares very, very much.
你就是那位爱音乐的小姐吧
Oh, so you’re the musical young lady.
我不知道你听到我说的话了
I didn’t realize that you’d heard what I was saying.
我听到了 先生 我叫贝丝
I heard, sir. I’m Beth, and I’ll come if…
如果没人听到 不会被打搅的话 我会来的
If no one will hear me and be disturbed.
不会有人的 亲爱的
Not a soul, my dear, not a soul.
你也可以来
And you’ll come, too.
告诉令堂 她的女儿都非常…
And tell your mother that I think all her daughters are simply…
讲究
Fastidious.
贝丝 他很好吧?
Beth, isn’t he perfectionary?
这是第三支波尔卡舞了
This is the third polka,
你要是再拒绝我 我可要上吊了
and I’m hanged if I let you refuse me again.
请别再邀请我了
Please don’t ask me anymore.
为什么呢?你不喜欢跳舞吗?
Why not? Don’t you like to dance?
我喜欢 只是我答应了不跳
I love to, only I promised I wouldn’t.
哎 都是这愚蠢的…
Oh, of all the silly…
为什么?
Why?
为什么?
Why?

Look.
又烧坏了?
Again?
我有办法了 来
I have an idea. Come along.
来吧
Come on.
你瞧 这里没人
You see, there’s no one in here,
我们可以尽情地跳舞了
and we can dance to our heart’s content.
我的乖乖 我们暴露了
Christopher Columbus, we’re betrayed.
要怎么做才能让你们守住秘密
What will you girls take to keep our secret,
钱还是点心?
money or refreshments?
谢谢你
Thank you.
我们什么都不要
We don’t really care for anything…
唉哟!
Ouch!
我们在家吃得很少 因为我们知道
We just had a light supper at home because we knew
这儿有小点心
the refreshments here would…
真的
Well, it’s true.
我很高兴你改主意了
I’m glad you changed your mind.
走吧 乔 我们拿些好吃的给她们
Come along, Jo. We’ll bring them something.
你好 萨莉 晚上好 加德纳太太
Hello, Sally. Good evening, Mrs. Gardiner.
舞会很棒吧?
Isn’t it a beautiful party?
劳里 亲爱的孩子 你见过我们萨莉吗?
Laurie, my dear boy, have you met my Sally?
当然见过 很多次了
Oh, yes, of course. Many times.
失陪了
Excuse us, please.
无礼 真是无礼
Rude. Absolutely rude.
这就是他和约瑟芬·马奇
That’s what comes of his running around
乱跑的结果
with that Josephine March.
我看她是想钓个金龟婿
I suppose she’s set her cap for him.
家里养着四个女孩 还能指望什么呢?
What can you expect with 4 girls in the family?
他们自己没钱 总得有个女儿要嫁入豪门
One of them has to marry money since they’ve none of their own.
詹姆斯·劳伦斯先生会有意见的
Mr. James Laurence will say something about that.
我相信他对那男孩另有安排
I’m sure he has other ideas for the boy.
当然 对马奇太太而言 是场胜利
Of course it would be a triumph for Mrs. March.
我得说她把这件事处理得很好
I must say she’s managing the affair very well.
贝丝 发生什么了?
Bethy. What happened? What’s the matter?
来 给你们
Here. I’ll take it.
瞧 贝丝 我给你带了杯美味的柠檬水
Look, Beth. I brought you a beautiful lemonade.
我想回家
I want to go home.
啊 发生什么了?
Well, what’s happened?
现在 我不能在他面前告诉你
We can’t tell you now, not in front of him.
她想回家
She wants to go home.
她受到了点惊吓
She had a dreadful shock.
你能叫梅格过来吗?
Will you ask Meg to come?
当然
Of course.
等我某天回来时
But someday, when I come back,
我希望能在康科德定居下来
I hope to settle down in Concord.
劳伦斯先生他答应…
You see, Mr. Laurence promised he’d…
抱歉打扰你们 但是乔让我来找你 梅格小姐
I’m sorry to interrupt you, but Jo asked me to fetch you, miss Meg.
我想是急事
I believe it’s an emergency.
对不起 失陪一下
Oh, will you excuse me, please?
如果我们告诉妈咪 只会让她伤心
It would only upset marmee if we told her,
她也无能为力
and there’s nothing she could do about it.
啊 这些卑鄙的 莫须有的 恶意中伤的…
Oh, of all the base, false, slanderous…
乔 我们明白
Jo, we know.
诅咒也没什么好处
Doesn’t do any good to swear about it.
好吧 我们可以瞒着妈妈
Well, we can keep it from marmee.
我们发誓 绝不告诉妈妈和其他人
So let’s take an oath never to tell marmee or anybody else.
可恶的加德纳太太
That horrible Mrs. Gardiner,
她侮辱我们
insulting all of us,
在我们吃点心之前
and before we had our refreshments.
别顾着吃 发个誓吧
Stop thinking of your stomach and take your oath.
我发誓
I swear.
我也是
So do I.
还有我
And I.
我郑重承诺
I solemnly vow
绝不向别人透露一个字 直到死
never to breathe a word to a living soul until death…
睡吧 姑娘们!
Bed, girls!
马上睡 妈咪
Right away, marmee.

Shh.
晚安
Goodnight.
晚安
Goodnight.
拿着 贝丝 你吃吧
Here, Beth, you take it.
谢谢你 艾米
Oh, thank you, Amy.
总有一天你会有个可爱的鼻子的
You’re going to have a lovely nose someday, Amy.
嗯 我知道
Yes, I know.
晚安 亲爱的
Goodnight, dear.
晚安 妈咪
Goodnight, marmee.
妈咪
Marmee,
您对我们没有任何打算 是吗?
you don’t have any plans for us, do you?
打算?
Plans?
您懂的
You know,
就像一些母亲为女儿做打算
like some mothers have for their daughters?
比如让我们嫁给某个有钱人之类的
Like wanting us to marry rich men or something?
是啊 乔 我有很多的安排打算
Yes, Jo, I have a great many plans.
我希望你们都美丽善良 保持修养
I want you all to be beautiful, accomplished, and good.
希望你们受人爱慕 受人敬重
I want you to be admired and loved and respected.
希望你们过愉快而有意义的生活
I want you to lead pleasant and useful lives.
愿上帝垂爱 让她们尽量无忧无虑
And I pray to the lord to send you as little sorrow as he sees fit.
我当然对你们有野心
Of course I’m ambitious for you.
我当然乐意你能嫁给一个有钱人
Of course I’d like to see you marry rich men
只要你们真心相爱
if you loved them.
我和别的母亲一样
I’m no different from any other mother.
但只要幸福 我宁愿你们做穷♥人♥的妻子
But I’d rather see you as the happy wives of poor men
甚至当个老处♥女♥
or even respectable old maids,
也不愿你们做没有自尊 没有安宁的女王
than queens on thrones without peace or self-respect.
我永远不会结婚的
Oh, I’m never going to get married.
永不!
Never!
永不!
Never!
真的吗 乔?
Aren’t you, my Jo?
现在 好好睡吧
Go to sleep now.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!