我帮你挂外套 -谢谢
Let me take your coat. – Thank you.
给你些牛奶冻
Here’s some blancmange.
软软的 入口即化
It’s soft. It will slide down easily.
哦 谢谢
Oh, thank you.
我是来逗你开心的
Well, I’ve come to entertain you.
我可以大声念书给你听
I’ll read aloud, and you can listen.
我喜欢大声念书
I do love to read aloud.
如果你不介意 我更想聊聊天
I’d rather just talk, if you don’t mind.
不介意 我也喜欢聊天
Oh, no. I love to talk, too.
很好
Very well.
我的乖乖!
Christopher Columbus!
真是豪华!
What richness!
简直是座宫殿
Why, this is a palace!
真不可思议!
Oh, it’s marvelous!
这么宽敞又这么井井有条
So roomy and so full of things!
看看这些花儿
Oh, and look at the flowers.
真可爱 太可爱了!
They’re lovely, absolutely lovely.
这里真是富丽堂皇 真的
I call this splendor, I really do.
西奥多·劳伦斯 你应该是世上最快乐的家伙
Theodore Laurence, you ought to be the happiest creature alive.
对我来说 就只是个房♥间而已
Well, it just looks like a room to me,
它也没使我快乐
and it certainly doesn’t make me happy.
喝点茶吧 几颗糖?
Let’s have some tea. How many lumps?
一颗就好
One, please.
呃 三块吧
Uh, three.
那么 劳伦斯先生
Well, Mr. Laurence,
现在聊聊你自己吧
now do tell me all about yourself.
当然 你逃学和参军的事
Of course,I know about your school and the army…
我都知道了
In fact, everything.
那之前的事呢?
But before that, what?
我过去和父母住在欧洲
Well, I used to live in Europe with my parents…
欧洲?你知道吗 我也要去欧洲
Europe? I’m going to Europe, you know.
真的?什么时候?
Really? When?
呃 其实我也不知道 我有个马奇姑妈
Oh, I don’t know, exactly. You see, my aunt March,
我才刚开始给她做同伴
I just started to work for her as a companion.
哎 她是个让人紧张不安的人
Oh! And what a nervous, fidgety soul she is, too.
马奇姑妈得了风湿病
Well, anyway, my aunt March has rheumatism,
医生建议沐浴疗法
and the doctor thought, baths.
对了 我不是说她没有浴室
Oh-ho, not that she hasn’t got a bath.
她有个很棒的浴室
She has a very nice one.
劳伦斯先生 你在欧洲时有去过沐疗室吗?
Did you go to the baths while you were there, Mr. Laurence?
我是说 针对风湿 – 我没得过风湿
I mean, for your rheumatism. – I haven’t got rheumatism.
我也没得过 但是你看
Oh, neither have I, but, you see,
沐浴疗法也不会给我带来什么伤害吧
I figured baths wouldn’t do me any harm,
就是说 我也要去欧洲
that is to say, while I was there,
因为我一直都想去欧洲
because I’ve always wanted to go to Europe.
当然不是为了沐浴
Not for the baths, of course, not at all,
而是为了写作
but for my writing.
那对作家是很好的
It’s so good for writers.
你知道马奇姑妈…哦 你不认识她
You see, aunt March… Oh, but you don’t know aunt March.
你想说什么 劳伦斯先生?
What were you going to say, Mr. Laurence?
我没什么要说的
I wasn’t going to say anything.
而且我不是劳伦斯先生 叫我劳里
And I’m not Mr. Laurence. I’m Laurie.
好吧 劳里
Well, Laurie.
那么
Well…
你和你爷爷处得如何?
How are you getting along with your grandfather, Laurie?
一旦习惯了他 就还好
Oh, fine, fine, once I get used to him.
你知道的 他有点…
You know, he’s…
他还好了
Well, he’s alright.
我懂
Yes, I know.
他是不是有些可怕?
Isn’t he a holy terror?
不不 你该去见见我的马奇姑妈
Ho ho! You ought to see my aunt March.
这个看起来很好吃
This looks too good to eat.
是的 梅格做的 她是大姐
It is. Meg made it. She’s the oldest.
是吗?我和布鲁克还在想…
She is? Brooke and I were wondering…
怎么?他想什么?
Why? I mean, why should he wonder?
他似乎被你姐姐的美丽吸引了
Well, he seems quite taken by your sister’s beauty,
他想知道是否有人…
and he wondered if there was anybody…
呃 就是 她有心上人吗
Well, that is, anybody she liked.
他让你问的吗?
Did he ask you to find out?
不不 我只是…
No, no. I just…
好吧 你告诉他 我们不喜欢任何人来我们家
Well, you may tell him that we don’t like anybody in our house.
我是说 我们喜欢很多人 但不喜欢年轻男人
That is, we like a great many people, but we don’t like young men.
呃 我们喜欢年轻男人
Oh, we like young men, too,
但我们不喜欢打探我们心上人的年轻男人
but don’t like young men who wonder about who else we like.
梅格还年轻 不机敏 会对想知道她事的人而烦恼
Meg is too young and far too clever to bother about who wonders about her.
真是荒谬
It’s ridiculous. That’s all, ridiculous.
你着火了!
You’re on fire!
着火?
Fire? Oh.
啊 我真笨
Oh, clumsy of me.
抱歉 我不是有意伤你
I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt you.
这是我这周烧坏的第二件衣服了
Oh, that’s the second dress I’ve scorched this week.
我喜欢烤火 就靠得太近了
I like to toast myself, and I get too close.
我想我该回家了
I think I’d better go home.
请别回家
Oh, please. Please don’t go home.
这里无聊死了
It’s dull as tombs in here.
所以你就站在窗边看我们?
Is that why you stand at your window looking in at us?
我知道我这样很无礼
It’s rude of me, I know, but you always
但你们似乎都很开心
seem to be having such a good time.
灯火明亮时 看到你们围着母亲聚在炉火旁
When the lamps are lighted, it’s like looking at a picture to see
就像在欣赏一幅画
all of you gathered there around the fire with your mother.
你的母亲呢?
Where’s your mother?
她在我父亲去世后不久 就在法国去世了
Oh, she died in France shortly after my father.
我真难过
I’m sorry, truly.
我允许你随时看我们
And I give you leave to look in at us whenever you like.
你为什么不过来?
Only why don’t you come over?
那样 你也是画里的一部分了
Then you’d be a part of the picture.
妈妈人很好
And marmee is so splendid.
爷爷可能不同意
Grandfather mightn’t approve.
他不太信任邻居
You see, he doesn’t believe in being neighborly.
他会说我被骗
He’d say I was imposing.
胡说
Oh, bilge.
他看上去才恐怖
He looks grim, alright.
我看得出来他的面貌确实很吓人
I can see how his face might frighten a lot of people,
但我无法想象我会怕他
but I can’t imagine being afraid of him.
我每次见到他
‘Course every time I’ve ever seen him,
他都在对着什么吼叫
he’s been barking at something.
不知怎么 我还有些喜欢他
Somehow, I… I rather like him.
噢
Oh.
承蒙夸奖 小姐
Thank you, ma’am.
你觉得我的面貌会吓到别人 是吗?
And you think my face frightens people, do you?
是的…先生
Yes… sir.
坦白说 是的
Frankly, I do.
您明白 我认为你不是有意去吓他们的
You understand, I don’t think you mean to frighten them,
但您的脸
but your face…
呃 既然您问我 先生
Well, you asked me, sir,
我是这么想的
and, yes, I do think so.
我还吼人 是吗?
And I bark, do I?
是的 我听到您吼过
I’ve heard you bark. Yes, sir.
也许您不是一直大吼
Perhaps you don’t bark all the time,
但您确实吼过 先生
but you do bark. Yes, sir.
即使有这些毛病
And with all that,
你还喜欢我?
you rather like me, do you?
是的
Yes, I do.
尽管有那些毛病
I really do, in spite of everything.
哈哈哈 我也喜欢你
Ha ha ha! And I like you.
来杯茶吗?
Will you have a cup of tea?
谢谢 我喝过了 我正要离开
Thank you. I had one. I was just going.
我送你回家
I’ll walk home with you.
不不 年轻人
No, no. Young man.
你今天留在家中
You’re staying indoors today.