爸爸
Father.
喔 爸爸
Oh, father.
现在 马奇家又团聚了
Well, now I guess the March family are all together again.
真的太好了
I call this splendid. I do.
真的
Really.
你要去哪儿?
Where are you going?
去哪?
Going?
哪也不去
Nowhere.
你一定在等着见某人
You must be expecting someone, then.
我吗?
I?
是啊 见你
Yes, you.
你要见那个男人吗?
Are you expecting that man?
我不知道你在说什么
I don’t know what you’re talking about.
如果你是指布鲁克先生
If you mean Mr. Brooke…
他是唯一来这儿的人
He’s the only one who comes here.
我希望你不要觉得你爱上他了
I hope you don’t think you’re in love with him
我看得出来 你没有
because I can tell you that you’re not.
我没有?
I’m not?
对 你不可能爱上他
No. You can’t be.
你瞧 梅格 我是一个作家
Now, you see, Meg, I’m a writer, and I write
我写恋爱中的女孩 所以我懂
about girls who are in love, so I know.
你完全没有恋爱的征兆
You have none of the symptoms.
你吃得好 睡得好
You eat alright, you sleep like a log,
你既没有喜怒无常 也没有窝在角落里消沉
you’re not twittery or cross, and you don’t mope in corners.
因此 你没有恋爱
Therefore, you’re not in love.
所以你别嫁给那个男人
Therefore, don’t go and marry that man.
我不打算嫁给任何人
I don’t intend to go and marry any man.
你不嫁?
You don’t?
为你欢呼!你真棒
Hurrah for you! You’re a trump.
当他来向你求婚的时候 你会说什么呢?
What will you say to him when he comes around begging for your hand?
这个嘛…
Well…
当然 他不会来的
Well, of course, he may not come around.
如果他来 我就镇定 干脆地说
But if he does, I shall say quite calmly and decidedly…
“谢谢你 布鲁克先生 你很好
“Thank you, Mr. Brooke. You are very kind,
但我十分同意妈咪的看法 我还太小
“but I quite agree with marmee that I am too young
目前不宜订婚
“to enter into any engagement at present.
请别再提了 我们像现在这样做朋友吧”
Please say no more, but let us be friends as we were.”
很好 真是冷静沉着
Good! That’s stiff and cool enough.
当你将手递给他时
And then when you hand him the mitten,
就按现在说的这么做
things will be the way they were around here and…
梅格 他来了 我出去了
Meg, it’s him. I’ll get out of the way.
别忘了
Now, don’t forget.
要是你告诉他时 我能看到他表情就好了
Oh, if I could only see his face when you tell him.
下午好 我来取我的伞
Good afternoon. I came to get my umbrella.
顺便看看你父亲今天怎么样
That is, I came to see how your father finds himself today.
好 请进
Well, come in.
他在衣帽架上 我去拿 然后告诉他你来了
He’s in the rack. I’ll get him and tell that you’re here.
出什么事了 梅格?
What’s the matter, Meg?
你生我的气了吗?
Are you angry with me?
你对妈咪这么好 我怎么会生气呢?
How could I be when you’ve been so kind to marmee?
我只是希望用合适的方式感谢你
I only wish I could find a proper way to thank you.
要我告诉你如何谢吗?
Shall I tell you how?
请别这样 我不想听
Please don’t. I’d rather not.
梅格 请听我说
Meg, please listen to me.
我如此爱你
I love you so.
即使你现在还不爱我
And even if you don’t love me now,
你可以学着喜欢我
maybe you could learn to.
我不想学
I don’t choose to learn.
请走开 别烦我
Please go away and let me be.
你真的这么想?
Do you really mean that?
一点不假
Yes, I do.
你不再考虑一下吗?
Won’t you even think about it?
走吧 请离开
Just go away. Please go away.
梅格
Oh, Meg.
怎么了?
What’s this?
这里发生什么了?
What’s going on here?
他只是父亲的一个朋友而已
He’s just a friend of father’s.
您吓了我一跳 马奇姑妈
I’m so surprised to see you, aunt March.
显而易见嘛 这里在搞什么鬼?
Well, that’s evident. What mischief is going on here?
我一定要弄清楚 那位年轻人是谁?
I insist upon knowing. Who is this young man?
布鲁克先生?
Mr. Brooke?
是的 布鲁克先生
Yes. Mr. Brooke.
劳里的家庭教师?
The Laurence boy’s tutor?
他敢向你求婚?
Did he dare propose to you?
嘘 马奇姑妈 他会听到的
Oh, please, aunt March, he’ll hear you.
你答应了吗?
Have you accepted him?
拜托
Please!
好吧 我有话要说 小姐
Well, now, let me tell you, miss,
你要是嫁给这个胡克 鲁克 还是库克
that if you marry this Hook or Rook or Crook,
你休想从我这儿得到一分钱
not a penny of my money goes to you,
明白了吗?
do you understand?
我愿意嫁给谁就嫁给谁 马奇姑妈
I shall marry who I please, aunt March,
我也不在乎您的财富
and I don’t care anything about your money.
你的责任是嫁入豪门
It is your duty to marry a rich man
帮衬你的家庭 独♥立♥小姐
and help your family, miss independence.
你该搞清楚 这个胡克
And you may be sure that this Hook knows
知道你有个阔绰亲戚 也就是我
that you have a rich relation…me…
所以他才想娶你
And that’s why he wants to marry you.
您怎能这么说呢?
How dare you say such a thing?
我的约翰才不会为了钱而娶我
Why, my John would no more marry for money than I would.
好 随你的便
Very well, do as you please.
没人听我的忠告
No one takes my advice.
但请记住 你嫁给他的那天
But remember the day that you marry him,
我就取消你的继承权
I shall disinherit you.
而你搞得我都忘记来这儿的原因了
And now you’ve even made me forget what I came for.
亲爱的梅格 谢谢你替我说话
Oh, Meg, darling. Thank you for defending me
那也证实了你心里有我
and proving that you do care.
直到她诋毁你 我才知道自己有多么在乎你
I didn’t know how much until she said those dreadful things.
亲爱的 你愿意等我吗?
Darling, will you wait for me?
妈咪 想想办法 快下楼啊
Marmee, do something! Go downstairs, quick.
约翰·布鲁克在做可怕的事
John Brooke is acting dreadfully,
梅格还喜欢那样
and Meg likes it!
他们向彼此许下誓言
As they have given and pledged their troth, each to the other,
并通过交换戒指 携手共进
and have declared the same by giving and receiving a ring
以示证明
and by joining hands,
我宣布他们结为夫妻
I pronounce that they are man and wife.
以圣父 圣子 圣灵之名 阿门
In the name of the father and of the son and of the holy ghost. Amen.
失陪下 艾米
Excuse me, Amy.
别太难过 乔
Don’t feel too badly, Jo.
你还有我
You’ve still got me.
我知道我还不够好 但是…
I’m not good for much, I know, but…
我会一辈子陪在你身边
I’ll stand by you all the days of my life.
我知道你会
I know you will.
劳里 你不知道你带给我多大安慰
You don’t know what a comfort you are to me, Laurie.
乔
Jo…
你愿意听听我想对你说的话吗?
Will you listen to what I want to tell you?
不 劳里
No, Laurie.
别说
Don’t say it.
我要说 你必须听我说
Oh, I will, and you must hear me.
没用的 乔 我们必须谈谈
It’s no use, Jo, we’ve got to have it out,
越早谈对我们越好
and the sooner the better for both of us.
那就说吧 我会听的
Say what you like, then. I’ll listen.
从我认识你时我就爱上你了 乔
I’ve loved you ever since I’ve known you, Jo,
我情不自禁
couldn’t help it.
我试着向你示爱 但你不给我机会
I’ve tried to show you, but you wouldn’t let me.
现在我要你听我说 并给我一个答复
Now I’m going to make you hear and give me an answer.
我想让你免受伤害 劳里
I wanted to save you this, Laurie.
我从没要你这么在乎我
I never wanted you to care for me, so…
我尽可能地不让你陷太深
I tried to keep you from it when I could.
为这我只会更加爱你
And I only loved you more for it.