滚石和骨中骨这类出版物的创立
Publications like Rolling Stone and Spare Rib
是为了满足当时主流报纸
were created to feed the need
之外的非主流观点的表达需求
for alternative narratives from the established newspapers of the day.
1790年在英国创立的贫民报业与之类似
In much the same way, the Pauper Press of the 1790s in England was developed,
满足了普通大众发表观点的需求
out of a need for mass representation for the popular classes.
这些六、七十年代的杂♥志♥和同人志亦提供了
Those magazines and fanzines of the ’60s and ’70s also provided
一种超越官方观点
a means of reaching beyond the official
从而最终超越统治阶级的途径
and thus, ultimately,beyond the ruling classes.
互联网则恰好相反
The Internet, in contrast
不再被任何团体的观念所束缚
no longer requires there to be any notion of the group.
它所关注的完全是个体
Its concern is wholly with the individual.
聚友网的命名原本或许只为彰显其独一无二
It is with lucrative serendipity or perhaps just good branding
却带来意外之财
that Myspace is so called.
这种名利双收暗示个体能定义其
The juxtaposition suggests that the act of the individual
网络空间界限的行为比填写何种
in defining their cyberspace borders is more important
空间内容更重要,它仅为你的空间
than what it is filled with. It is simply ‘your space.’.
大众传播工具的货币化
For the end of monetized mass communication
意味着报业巨头风光不再
is the end of the press baron champagne baths.
谢谢Anna,非常棒,做得很好
Thank you, Anna.Very provocative. Well done.
还有人要做陈述吗?
Does anyone else have a presentation to make?
好吧,请大家把终稿交给雅各布
All right, make sure you turn in your final packet to Jacob.
谢谢大家
And thank you very much.
我的不用给你了,因为我已经交过了
I don’t need to give you mine because I’ve already done it.
好的 – 嗯
Cool. – Cool.
请别认为我是一个疯子请别认为我是一个疯子
她要是穿和我一样的衣服来赴宴
If she comes to invite wearing the same dress as me,
我会整个疯掉的- 是…是的
I will completely freak out! – Hey, yeah… yeah.
没事
No, it was OK.
很好
It was fine.
亲爱的,我真的很想你
Sweetheart,I really miss you so much.
妈妈,你能不
Mum, can you just…
我等下再跟你聊,另一通电♥话♥进来了
I’ll speak to you in a minute. I have someone waiting on the other line.
好的,亲爱的,我想你
All right, darling. I miss you.
我爱你- 好的,好的,拜拜
I love you. – OK, OK, OK, bye
喂?- 嗨,是安娜吗?
Hello? – Hi, Anna?
我是雅各布- 你好
It’s Jacob. – Hi.
那封信没吓到你吧?
It didn’t freak you out?
要是有,我想你就不会来了
I guess you wouldn’t be here if it had.
是的,写得很好,还挺有趣的
No, it was nice.And it was funny.
很棒,顺便说下,我一点也不认为你是个疯子
It was kind of great. I don’t think you’re a nutcase, by the way, at all.
我当时想最好加上那一句,以防万一
I thought I’d better put that, just in case.
那是个不错的声明- 我只是想说清楚
That was a good disclaimer. – Yeah, I just wanted to set that out.
“我不是疯子”- 是啊
“No nutcases here.” – Yeah.
这些杯子真大,看起来就像是水库
These cups are huge.They’re like reservoirs.
几乎比我的脸还大
It’s almost bigger than my face.
你的…你的专业是什么
Yeah, so what do you…What’s your major?
家具设计
Furniture design.
难怪你总在画画
That’s why you’re always drawing.
是啊,你喜欢写作吗
Yeah. You like to write then?
没错,我是说
Yeah, yeah. I mean,
毕业后我打算去的最有可能的行业
journalism is probably what I would want to kind of go into
是新闻业,不过说不准
when I graduate. I don’t know.
谁知道我们离开后会做什么
Who knows what we’re going to do when we leave.
你是指永远离开 比如死后 我们肯定会死的
You mean permanently when we leave? Like when we’re dead? We’ll be dead.
我们离开,离开这个星球的时候
When we leave.When we depart this planet.
毕业后你会留在洛杉矶吗
So are you going to stay in LA after school?
我想留下,要是能解决签证问题的话
Yeah, I’d like to,if I can sort out my visa stuff.
你是你父母带大的吗
So you grew up with your mum and dad?
我妈妈- 你♥爸♥爸呢
My mom. – And your dad?
我十岁的时候他就去世了
He passed away when I was ten.
真是不幸- 相当不幸
Now, that’s shitty. – Yeah. It’s quite shitty.
你呢
And what about you?
我和我父母挺亲近的
Yeah, my parents,I’m very close to them.
只是有时…我是独生子女,所以
It’s only ever been…I’m an only child, so…
我也是
Me, too.
所以我和他们很亲近
Yeah, so I’m quite close to them.
但离开家也不错
But it’s nice being away.
我觉得离开出生长大的地方
I think it’s important to…
对于人生来说很重要
to get away from where you’ve grown up for some of your life.
实际上我正想离开呢
I was thinking about leaving right now, actually.
咱们走吧,你想去哪
Let’s go.Where do you want to go?
你想上来吗
Um, do you want to come up?
她喜欢早睡
She likes to go to bed early.
噢,不,那太糟糕了
Oh, no, that’s terrible!
所以我尽量不弄出太大的声响,你想喝点什么
So I try not to make too much noise. Do you want a drink?
我只有威士忌
I only have whiskey.
好
Yeah.
其实我不太喝酒
I don’t drink much… actually.
干杯
Cheers.
酒很烈- 嗯
It’s strong. – Mm.
你是坐在这张椅子上写作吗- 是的
Is that the chair where you write? – Yeah.
感觉不是很舒服
It’s not very comfortable.
能坐就行
It does the job.
你喜欢保罗 西蒙- 是的
You like Paul Simon? – Yeah.
你喜欢吗- 我爱保罗 西蒙
Do you? – Yeah, I love Paul Simon.
真的- 嗯,我喜欢恩赐之地
Really? – Yeah, I love Graceland.
很好听- 那是我最喜欢的专辑
It’s so good. – That’s my favorite album.
你愿意给我读点东西吗
Would you mind reading me something?
你想让我读什么
What do you want me to read?
你自己写的
Something you wrote.
好吧
OK.
你不准笑我- 我不笑
You’re not allowed to laugh. – I’m not gonna laugh.
我还没大声读过它们呢
I haven’t read it out loud yet.
所以你是第一个听众
So you’ll be the first person.
你确定想听吗- 嗯
You sure you want to hear it? – Mmmm.
“我自以为了解”
“I thought I understood it.”
“控之于掌中,却只是幻梦”
That I could grasp it.But I didn’t.
“并未成真”
Not really.
“只因身陷其中”
Only the smudgeness of it.
“粉色木屐 各色瓶罐 真真假假的欲望”
The pink-slippered, all-containered, semi-precious eagerness of it.
“我未发觉,细节有时胜于整体”
I didn’t realize it would sometimes be more than whole.
“完整是个很奢侈的念头”
That the wholeness was a rather luxurious idea.
“因为爱人的心注定不完整”
Because it’s the halves that halve you in half.
“此间深意,过去不懂而未来未知”
Didn’t know. Don’t know about the in-between bits.
“只留下遍体鳞伤的你我”
“The gory bits of you and gory bits of me.”
我喜欢那句“爱人的心注定不完整”
I like “the halves that halve you in half.”
有点幼稚- 没有啊
It’s a bit childish. – No.
没有
No.
再见
Bye.
你好,亲爱的- 亲爱的
Hello, darling! – Oh, my darling!
我好想你们- 好了,该我了
I know! Hello! – All right, enough of that.
来抱一个,来吧
Now, let’s have a hug.Come on now.
走,等等
“Go! Wait!”
其实他是一位面包师
He’s a baker.In fact…
给我带面包来了没
Did you bring me some bread?
当然- 他带了
I did. – He did!
他放在手提箱里了- 太好了
He packed it in his suitcase. – It’s so good.
他昨天烤一天- 新鲜出炉
He was baking yesterday. – Straight from the oven.
恐怕我所有衣服都捂热了
It’s probably warmed all my shirts.
你们 你们 你们有
You’re… you’re…you’re being…
噢,拜托
Oh, for God’s sake!
闭嘴伯纳德,这事我必须问问,抱歉
Bernard, stop it. This is something I just have to ask. I’m sorry.
我们家人之间很开放- 你可以不回答
We’re very open in our house. – You don’t have to answer.
我们没那么开放,没有- 我们有
We’re not that open. We are not. – We are!
你可能不是很开放,但安娜和我是
We talk… You may not be open, but Anna and I are.
我们无话不谈,这一点我现在就得告诉你
We talk about everything. I’m sorry. I have to tell you this right now.
所以别不好意思
So don’t be embarrassed.
你们都长大了
You are being grown up?
你们都成年了吧
You are being adults?
你可以不回答- 是
You do not have to answer. – Yes.
谢谢,这就是我想知道的,很完美