When you get there, just stay there.
你千万别出门
l’m coming over. We have to talk.
我马上过去,我们得谈谈
Fletcher !
费奇
l’ll be right there.
我马上到
Hey, Mr. Reede- La, la, la, la
李先生
La, la, la, la
La la
Fletcher.
费奇
Holy hell !
我的老天
You can run, but you can’t hide.
你逃不出我的手掌心
What’s your problem, schmuck ?
你搞什么?
l’m an inconsiderate prick !
我是个自私的浑蛋
Oh, shit !
可恶
Shit !
惨了
You know why l pulled you over ?
你知道为何被拦下来吗?
Depends on how long you were following me !
这要看你跟了我多久
Why don’t we take it from the top ?
咱们从头开始
Here goes.
拿去吧
l sped, l followed too closely, l ran a stop sign,
我超速、闯红灯、差点撞车
l almost hit a Chevy, l sped some more,
我又超速、没有让行人先走
l failed to yield,
没打方向灯就换车道
l changed lanes without signaling while speeding !
然后我又超速闯红灯
ls that all ?
还有没有?
No.
还有
l have unpaid parking tickets.
我有未缴的违规停车罚单
Be gentle.
拿去
Audrey ! Wait !
奥卓莉,等等
Wait, Audrey. Ooh !
等一下
Hold on. Wait !
等等,等等
Wait. l just had an insight into myself. l’m crazy.
我终于知道,我发疯了
You call and say, “Wait, l’ll be right over,”
你说你马上赶来 还要我等你
and here’s the crazy part-l actually wait.
荒谬的是,我竟然乖乖地等
l can explain this.
我可以解释
l have missed a department meeting.
我得赶去开会…
Did you come in a cab ?
你搭计程车来的?
Yes !
没错
Where’s your car ?
你的车呢?
Thank you ! l can’t tell you how much this means to me.
我真不知该怎么谢你
l can. $1,654.11.
还我 一千六百五十四块一毛七
How do you sleep at night ?
你不会良心不安吗?
l’m taking this.
我要这玩意
You scratched my car !
你刮坏我的车子
Where ?
哪儿?
Right there !
就在这儿
Oh, there.
那个嘛
That was already there.
早就有了
Why, you !
你这…
You liar !
你这大骗子
You know what l’m gonna do about this ?
你知道我要怎样吗?
What ?
怎样?
Nothing !
不怎么样
Because if l take you to court, it’ll drain eight hours out of my life,
到法♥院♥告你只会浪费时间
and you won’t show up,
你也不会出庭
and if l got the judgement, you’d just stiff me anyway !
就算我胜诉,你也会赖帐
So l’m gonna piss and moan like an impotent jerk…
所以我只能像个傻子生闷气
and then bend over and take it up the tailpipe !
然后弯下腰,踢排气管出气
You been here before, haven’t ya ?
这地方你来过,对吧?
Well, l can’t remember when l’ve had more fun, but if you’ll excuse me, l have a class.
我玩得很愉快 我得去上课了
Are you marrying this guy because you’re mad at me ?
你是生我的气才要嫁给他?
No, l divorced you because l was mad at you.
我是生你的气才跟你离婚
Wait. l want to talk about this !
等一下,我们得谈谈
What do you want to say ?
你想谈什么?
ls this guy right for you ?
这家伙真的适合你吗?
He is so… not me !
他一点都不像我
That’s one of his best qualities.
这是他最大的优点
But he’s kind of a magoo.
不过他很那个…
l’m sorry.
对不起
You’re wrong. Sometimes maybe he is a little–
你错了 他有时候的确有点…
Magoo !
阿达
Yes.
没错
But since we’ve been going out–
可是我们交往后…
My God, l’m not having this conversation with you.
我不想跟你谈这些
Audrey, you can’t go.
你不能离开,这不公平
This is not fair. Fair ?
不公平?咱们就谈这点吧
Okay, let’s define fair. Last night a five-year-old boy was crushed…
你骗儿子说 要去他的生日派对
because his father lied to him about coming to his birthday party.
结果害他伤心欲绝
Fair ?
这公平吗?
Last night–
昨晚的事…
Was none of my business. None of my business. Thank you.
…与我无关 谢谢你
Two years ago, it was my business.
两年前跟我有很大关系
But l don’t have to care anymore.
不过我现在不在乎
That’s the magic of divorce.
这就是离婚的好处
But it matters to Max !
可是麦斯很在乎
Everything you do matters, and everything you don’t do.
麦斯很在乎你的所作所为
All right. Now let me tell you something. l’m a bad father !
让我告诉你 我是很糟的父亲
l mean–
我是说
l’m a bad father.
我是个很糟的父亲
You’re not a bad father…
你不是很糟的父亲
when you show up.
你陪他的时候不是
What if l come right after court and play ball ?
等我出完庭就赶过来 陪他玩球
Then you and l can talk before you make any rash decisions !
咱们坐下来好好地谈谈
No, we are leaving tonight.
不行,我们今晚就走
Please, Audrey. Give me one more chance.
求求你再给我一次机会
l’m throwing myself on the mercy of the court.
这是我的肺腑之言
l lost you,
我失去了你
but please don’t make me lose Max too.
求求你,别让我失去麦斯
Give me a chance to be the father l started out to be.
给我当个好父亲的机会
You’re really coming ?
你真的会来?
This is ironclad.This is the mother of all promises. What time ?
千真万确、绝不食言 几点钟?
Okay, 6:00.
六点整
Ten to six.
五点五十分
All right.
好吧
All right. But if l tell Max that you’re coming,
要是这次你再放麦斯的鸽子
and you don’t show up and l have to see that look on his face-that heartbreaking look–
我又得看他伤心欲绝的模样
we’re going to Boston.
我们就要去波士顿
lf l don’t show up, l’ll pack you myself.
要是我爽约,我就替你打包
l will lovingly wrap your nicknacks with bubble paper.
我会把你的行李包得好好的
l hope so.
希望不会
Do you know what your son was doing at 8:15 last night ?
你知道昨晚八点十五分 你儿子在做什么?
He was making a birthday wish that for just one day…
他在许愿
his father couldn’t tell a lie.
他希望爸爸有一天能不说谎
Oh, my God ! That’s it !
我的老天,这就对了
“l do not like them, Sam l Am. “l do not like green eggs and ham.
我不爱三明治 我不爱火腿蛋
“Would you like them here or there ?
你爱别的东西吗?
l would not like them–” Excuse me.
我不爱…
Hi. l’m Max’s bad father-Er, l’m his father.
抱歉,我是麦斯的坏父亲…
Dad !
爸
Could l borrow him for just one second ?
我能借用他一下吗?
Monster Max !
大怪兽
You came to play catch ?
大恐龙,我们玩球好吗?
l’d like to,
现在不行
but l can’t. l gotta talk to you.
我得跟你谈谈
Your mommy told me about that wish you made last night. lt came true, Max.
你昨晚许的愿望成真了
Really ? You mean you have to tell the truth ?
真的吗?你得说实话啰?
Yes.
是啊
No matter what ?
你不会撒谎
No matter what !
绝对不会
ls wrestling real ?
摔角是真的吗?
ln the Olympics, yes. On channel 23, no.
奥♥运♥里是真的 电视上是假的
Will sitting too close to the TV set make me go blind ?
看电视坐太近,眼睛会瞎吗
Not in a million years.
绝对不会