So, I thought I’d see a bit of Siena since we’re here.
不错的主意
It’s a good idea.
我以为你要继续写作
I suppose you want to keep on writing.
我是说…
I mean…
工作 工作 工作
Work, work, work.
太有个性了
Admirable trait.
好吧 请继续
Right, of course. Carry on then.
查理
Charlie?
既然已经来了…
Since we’re here…
我不想夸你
I hate to compliment you, but
但你为克莱尔做的一切真是…
what you’re doing for Claire is really…
太美妙了 我…
It’s sweet, and I…
还以为你宁可
I imagine that you’d rather be
去别的地方度假
spending your holiday elsewhere,
是你自愿 还是父母命令的呢
So did you volunteer your services, or did your parents?
你和他们关系好吗
I mean, where do they fit in?
我愿相信他们在一个美丽的地方
I’d like to think they’re someplace nice.
他们在我十岁时死于车祸
They were killed in a car accident when I was 10.
我很抱歉
I’m sorry.
天哪 真抱歉
God, I’m sorry.
没关系 索菲 谢谢你
Thank you, Sophie. I appreciate it.
那段时间真难熬
It was a difficult time.
奶奶失去了儿子
Gran lost her son.
我失去了父母
I lost my parents.
很抱歉我因此总是不相信大团圆
I’m not a big believer in happy endings, I’m afraid.
从此 奶奶开始照顾我
Anyway, gran stepped in.
照顾我这个满肚子怒气 可憎的小男孩
Took an angry, obnoxious, young boy under her wing
造就了今天这个讨人嫌的我
And made me the simply unpleasant man I am today.
你的未婚夫现在不是很孤单吗
So, isn’t your fiancé starting to get just a tad lonely?
维克托这会儿正在享受他的生活
You know, Victor’s having the time of his life right now.
我怀疑他根本没发现我不在
And I doubt he even notices that I’m gone.
你呢
What about you?
-你有女朋友吗 -一言难尽啊
– Don’t you have a girlfriend? – That is a very, very long story.
没啥奇怪的
Yeah? I’m not surprised.
我和帕特里夏交往差不多一年
It’s been about a year since I’ve seen Patricia.
和她分手了吗
And you broke up with her?
你这句话是暗指
Are you insinuating that
我像那种经常被人甩的男人吗
I’m more the type to be dumped rather than do the dumping?
也许是吧
Maybe I am.
不过实际上这次是我主动和帕特里夏分手的
Actually, I did break up with Patricia. This time.
好啦 够了
Okay, that’s enough.
够了 别看啦
All right. That’s enough.
-索菲… -不许看了
– Sophie… – That’s enough.
-你写得太好啦 -谢谢夸奖
– Your writing is really good. – Thank you.
真的 真的太好了
No. it’s really, really, really good.
你为什么这么激动呢
Why are you so surprised?
你写的东西为什么从不拿给别人看呢
How come you’ve never shown your work to anyone?
-我从没觉得作品完成了 -为什么
-I never feel like it’s finished. -Why?
我想我是完美主义者
Because I guess I’m a perfectionist.
你这样等于是说”我是胆小鬼”
You know that’s just another way of saying “I’m a chicken”?
听着 你没什么好怕的
Listen. You’ve got nothing to be afraid of.
你不是真♥相♥调查员 你是个作家
You’re not a fact checker. You’re a writer.
-你那是做什么 -我不是胆小鬼
– What was that for? – I’m not a chicken.
我也不是什么绅士
And I’m not a gentleman.
我们是不是该回去找克莱尔了
Do you think we should get back to Claire?
是呀 还有好多洛伦索要找呢
Yeah. Many more Lorenzos.
好的
Okay.
我们回去找克莱尔吧
We should get back to Claire.
我是洛伦索·巴尔托利尼
I am Lorenzo Bartolini!
带他走 带他走
Take him! Take him!
我是洛伦索·巴尔托利尼
I am Lorenzo Bartolini!
我是洛伦索·巴尔托利尼
I am Lorenzo Bartolini!
你知道吗
Do you know what you are?
你就像是蒙太古和凯普莱特家族的
You are the Montagues and the Capulets.
你是说…
You mean…
好吧 至少不是罗密欧
Well, at least I’m not Romeo.
当今的男人可真不喜欢他啊
That’s the understatement of the century.
不不不 你想想
No, no, no, because you see,
如果我找到了真爱
if I found the love of my life,
我就不会像个傻瓜一样站在
I wouldn’t stand there like an idiot
花♥园♥里喃喃细语了
whispering in a garden.
我会从那个该死的阳台上
I would just grab her from that
把她拽下来 不就结了
blasted balcony and be done with it.
相信命运吗
Do you believe in destiny?
你信吗
Do you?
是的 我信
Yeah, I think so.
我相信我现在在这儿 就是命运的安排
I think it’s destiny that I’m here, right now.
和克莱尔在一起
With Claire.
当然 当然 和克莱尔在一起
Of course. Of course. With Claire.
就是这条街了
Well, this is the street.
2号♥ 这里就是2号♥
Well, there’s 2. Here’s number 2.
我最怕发生这种事
This is what I feared the most.
查理 我们都不知道
Charlie, we don’t even know
死的是不是他
if it’s him.
我希望不是
I hope it’s not.
但愿不是
I hope it’s not.
不管怎样 到此结束了 到此结束
Either way, we’re finished. We’re done.
不 还没结束
No. not here.
那到哪儿是个头
When do we stop?
下一座山 还是再下一座
Over the next hill? Or the next?
要把意大利整个搜一遍吗
Scour the whole country?
不 到处结束了
No. No. It ends here.
离这儿不远还有叫洛伦索的
There are other Lorenzos not too far away from here.
这不是你想要的结局 是吗
It’s not the ending you want, is it?
这个故事并不出彩
This isn’t just a clever story
-结尾并不出彩 -住口 查理
– With a clever ending. – Stop it, Charlie.
-这是我们的生活 是我奶奶的 -这跟…
– It’s our life. It’s my gran’s life. – It’s not about…
查理 这跟故事无关
Charlie, it’s not about a story.
不 她已经失去了他一次
No, no, no, she’s already lost the man once.
你还想让她失去他多少次
How many more times would you have her lose him?
我并不指望你理解这种心情
You know what? I don’t expect you to understand any of this
因为你从来没真正失去过什么
because you don’t know a thing about real loss.
你错了
You’re wrong.
索菲的妈妈在她九岁时
Sophie’s mother ran away from her
离开了她
when she was a little girl.
这不一样 奶奶 不一样
It’s different, gran. It’s different.
你是对的
You’re right.
但是
But
索菲的妈妈选择抛弃了她
Sophie’s mother chose to leave her.
但你一直很清楚 你的父母都很爱你
And you always knew your mum and dad loved you.
请进
Come in.
你好
Hi.
你好 亲爱的
Oh, dear.
我来看看你怎么样
I just wanted to see if you were all right.
我没事
I’m okay.
克莱尔 对不起 因为我…
Claire, I’m so sorry if I caused you…
不
No.
每一分钟都很特别
Every minute has been so special.
亲爱的
Darling.
我可以给你梳梳头吗
May I?
人生中一大乐事就是给人梳头
One of the great joys in life is having one’s hair brushed.
查理 向她道歉
Charlie, say you’re sorry.
看着她的眼睛 带着忏悔道歉
In the eye, Charlie. with contrition.
索菲
Sophie…
-谢谢 -…我很抱歉
– Thank you. -…I’m afraid I…
看着她的眼睛说
In the eye.
好 奶奶 我不是小孩儿了
Yes, gran, I’m not 12.
那证明给我看
Prove it.
非常抱歉 索菲
I’m sincerely sorry, Sophie.
这种事不会再发生了
It won’t happen again.
很好