and you won’t have to pay tax.
你们在板球比赛中击败我们 就不需要交税
我是认真的!
你们在比赛中击败我们…
我就取消你们的税
But if you lose…
但要是你们输了…
you’ll have to pay triple tax.
你们就得交三倍税赋
That is, three times the tax.
没错 三倍的税赋
All right? What do you think?
可以吗?你们觉得如何?
Do you accept?
同不同意?
长官 我看他吓到说不出话了
安静!
All right. I’ll raise the stakes.
好吧 我提高赌注
If you defeat us in this game
若你们在比赛中击败我们
I’ll cancel not only
我不只取消
this year’s tax, but next year’s as well.
征收今年的税 明年也免税
Agreed?
同意吗?
Bhuvan. Don’t you say anything.
布凡 什么都别说
-Don’t say a word.
-Yes, be silent.
-不要回答 -对啊 别说话
All right.
好吧
I’ll raise the stakes even higher.
我再把赌注提高
Not just one year.
不只多免税一年
I’ll cancel tax for
the next two years.
接下来的两年都不用交税
That means three years.
一共免税三年
And not just for you,
but for the whole province.
而且不只是你们 全省都免税
Now do you accept?
同不同意啊?
He’s digging a pit to bury us in,
Bhuvan.
他是在挖坑陷害我们 布凡
Yes, Bhuvan.
没错 布凡
-Chief, you speak up now.
-Yes, Chief, speak up.
-村长 你快说话啊 -是啊 村长 快说话啊
Sir–
-长官… -闭嘴!
You.
我在问你
Tell me.
快回答
Will you pay double tax?
你们是要付双倍税赋
Or do you accept the bet?
还是接受我的赌注?
I accept the bet.
我接受你的赌注
-Hey, are you out of your mind?
-What’s wrong with him?
-你疯了吗? -他有什么毛病啊?
-You will ruin the whole village.
-How dare he agree to it?
-你会毁了整个村子的 -他怎么能接受?
-他接受了? -对 他接受了
All right.
好了
So, it’s decided. The game
will be played after three months.
那就此决定了 比赛将在三个月后进行
-This will kill us, Your Highness.
-We’ll die.
-这会害死我们的 陛下 -我们会死的
这么做不公平
人生也是如此
No tax if we win.
我们赢了就不用交税
But if we lose,
we have to pay three times the amount.
但要是我们输了 就得付三倍税赋
And Bhuvan here agreed
to this impossible condition.
布凡接受了这个不可能的条件
-What have you done?
-From double to triple.
-你到底在做什么? -从双倍变成三倍
We are ruined.
我们完蛋了
l told you we could face a calamity,
didn’t l?
我早说我们会面临灾祸 不是吗?
Was there any choice?
我们有选择吗?
I ask you, did we have a choice?
我问你们 我们有选择吗?
What else could we do?
我们还能怎么办?
Isn’t double tax unjust?
双倍税赋不也不合理吗?
Are we strong enough to pay it?
Tell me, can anyone here pay it?
我们有能力交税吗? 告诉我 这里有人交得出来吗?
This isn’t a calamity.
It’s an opportunity.
这不是灾祸 而是一次机会
This is not bravado.
我不是在虚张声势
You have to get burnt
to save your home from a fire.
要拯救家园免于被火吞噬 被烧伤是在所难免的
I know.
我知道
I know we are weak.
我知道我们处于劣势
But this way, we have hope.
但接受赌注让我们有了希望
And I want to turn
this hope into reality.
我要把这份希望化为现实
This game is for
our fields and harvest.
这场比赛是为了 我们的农地和收成而战
Have you forgotten? If we win,
we’ll be happy for three years.
你们忘了吗? 只要获胜 我们就能过三年好日子
Just think.
你们想一想
No tax for three years.
三年不用交税
You know what that means?
你们知道那代表什么吗?
It means our grain will be ours.
Only ours.
那表示收成将全都只属于我们
Not a grain to be given.
一颗谷物都不用给别人
The welfare of our children,
our entire village, is in this.
我们子孙和全村的幸福全系于此
Our sweat will run
as blood in our veins.
我们的努力付出 会支持我们活下去
Marvelous.
真了不起啊
Such small eyes dreaming
such big dreams!
一个无名小卒有这么大的梦想!
Yes, Arjan, I dream.
没错 亚占 我是在做梦
And only those who dream
can make them come true.
只有敢做梦的人 才能让梦想成真
Uncle Isar,
three months is time enough.
伊萨叔叔 三个月的时间是足够的
We can learn the game
and defeat them at it too.
我们能学会怎么打并击败他们
Stop it, Bhuvan. Three months?
A whole year of hitting with a stick
别说了 布凡 三个月? 就算用棍子打球一整年
won’t teach you this game.
你还是学不会怎么打
I know this isn’t easy, Lakha.
我知道这不容易 拉卡
But, Chief,
it’s not impossible either.
但是村长 这并非不可能
l need your support.
我需要各位的支持
Nobody in this village
will support you in this lunacy.
村里不会有人跟你一起犯傻的
-But, Ismail–
-Enough, Bhuvan.
-可是伊斯迈… -够了 布凡
We’ve only one hope.
我们只有一个希望
We’ll all go to the king once again
and beg him to save us.
那就是再次去见王公 求他拯救我们
What are you thinking, Mother?
你在想什么 母亲?
About what happened today, son.
我在想今天的事 儿子
I swear to you, Mother.
I did what was right.
我向你发誓 母亲 我做了正确的事
I cannot bear it when
we pay the tax to the king
我无法忍♥受我们交税给王公
and he gives it to those filthy whites.
他又把税收给那些可恶的白人
You tell me, Mother.
告诉我 母亲
Who ploughs the earth
to sow the seeds? We do.
是谁翻土种下那些种子?是我们
Who waters it? We do.
是谁浇水灌溉?也是我们
So why should we fill their coffers?
为何我们该交给他们享用?
That white person said that we wouldn’t
have to pay tax for three years.
那个白人说我们可以三年不用交税
How could I remain silent, Mother?
我怎么能沉默不语 母亲?
You tell me.
你告诉我
Should I have stayed silent?
我应该保持沉默吗?
What are you looking at, Mother?
你在看什么 母亲?
You talk just like your father.
你讲话就像你父亲
He was just as spirited.
Always honest.
他也这么有志气 总是正直诚实
Go and sleep now.
去好好睡一觉吧
Don’t let this burden you.
别让此事成为你的心头大石
Gauri? What are you doing here?
歌♥莉 你在这里做什么?
I came to see you.
我…是来见你的
To tell you…
我想跟你说…
that I’m with you.
我支持你的决定
I trust you and your courage.
我信任你和你的勇气
That’s all I came to say.
我来就是想说这些
Brother Bhuvan, I lost my gilli.
布凡哥哥 我的小棍不见了
Make me another.
再帮我做一根
What’s this?
这是什么?
I’ll tell you.
我会告诉你的
Who knows what will happen?
谁知道会发生什么事?
It’s not at all difficult, Tipu.
这一点也不难 提布
They play it wearing
pants and call it cricket.
他们穿着长裤打 把这叫板球
We wear loincloths

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!