Why do you just stand there
after hitting the ball, Arjan?
你打到球后为何站在原地 亚占?
You should run.
你应该要跑
Okay.
好的
Brother Bhuvan.
布凡兄弟
When I saw you all
playing together today…
我看到你们整天一起打球…
I realized my mistake.
我知道自己错了
I regret it a lot.
我非常后悔
Can I play with you?
我能跟你们一起打吗?
No.
不行
-You can’t play.
-Why?
-你不能打 -为什么?
Try and understand the game.
It’s not like chopping wood.
你要了解板球 那跟砍木头不一样
It needs special skills. Right?
需要特别的技巧 对吧?
Yes, absolutely.
没错 完全正确
Take Goli’s example.
就拿哥里来说
He throws the ball like
he swings the slingshot.
他用甩弹弓的方式投球
-And Bhura here–
-What?
-而布拉则是… -怎样?
He pounces on the ball the
way he grabs his runaway hens.
他接球的方式就像在抓跑掉的母鸡
Arjan has iron-hands from
all that horseshoe hammering.
亚占因为敲马蹄铁 练出一双铁手
Right.
没错
When not a single coin can slip from
Uncle Isar’s hands, how can a ball?
至于伊萨叔叔连一枚硬币都不放过 球怎么逃得了?
And he’s also handy as a physician.
而且他有医生的妙手
Since we’d need one to deal with
injuries during the game.
我们也确实需要人在比赛时医治伤兵
Right.
没错
And who’s not aware of Bagha’s strength?
谁能忽略巴加的力量?
Tough as teak.
强悍得像棵柚木
And Guran’s passion
spreads like an epidemic.
古兰的热情有如流行病蔓延
Saturn is strong and Mars mighty.
如土星强势和火星发威
And Ismail, as far as I remember,
还有伊斯迈 从我有记忆以来
we’ve always been rivals in gilli-danda.
我们就是玩大小棍的对手
-And me?
-Yes, Tipu.
-那我呢? -对了 提布
Our Tipu is so bright.
提布非常聪明机智
Now, tell me,
Lakha, what’s your talent?
告诉我 拉卡 你的才能是什么?
I…
我…
I can run very fast.
我跑得很快
So, you can…
那么你可以…
Okay, do one thing.
好吧 做件事证明
Let’s see you sprint up
the temple steps three times.
你快速跑上庙的阶梯三次给我们看
-Real quick. Can you do it?
-Yes.
-要很快 你办得到吗? -没问题
Okay, Lakha. Run.
拉卡 跑啊
Don’t fall.
别跌倒了
Yes.
是啊
I run faster than him.
我都跑得比他快了
Come on.
跑快一点
Bhuvan, don’t take him.
He’s not an honest person.
布凡 不要让他入队 他不诚实
No, Gauri. We need him.
不行 歌♥莉 我们需要他
Chopping all that wood
has made his hands strong.
砍了这么多木头 他的双手很强壮
He’ll hit the ball really hard.
他能打出很强劲的球
Come on, run. Yes, run.
-快点 跑啊 -对啊 快跑
At least he’s trying.
至少他很努力
-I’ll get you an ointment.
-Hurry. Run.
-我会给你药膏擦 -快点跑
-He’s back.
-He’s back.
-他回来了 -他回来了
Nice sprint.
跑得好
Did you see that, Bhuvan?
你看到了吗 布凡?
What do you say?
你觉得如何?
You run a bit slow, pal.
You have to be faster.
你跑得有点慢 老兄 你必须跑得更快
I’ll improve. I’ll run every day.
我会进步的 我每天都会练跑
But include me in the team.
但拜托让我入队
I can’t bear the thought
of the village being dishonored.
我不能忍♥受村子丢脸
-What do you say?
-Give him a chance.
-你觉得呢? -给他一次机会
Okay, let’s try him out.
好吧 让他试一试
Look, Lakha…
听着 拉卡…
cheating at games has been
a childhood habit of yours.
你从小就习惯在比赛中作弊
-You’re not–
-What are you saying, Ismail?
-你不能… -你在说什么 伊斯迈?
I’m sorry. Truly sorry, I swear.
我很抱歉 真的 我发誓
Okay, Lakha. You’re on the team.
好吧 拉卡 你入队了
But remember. Our honor is at stake.
但你记住 这事关我们的荣誉
For the whites, it’s a game.
对白人来说 这只是场比赛
But for us…
但对我们来说…
it’s our life.
这关乎我们的性命
Yes, Bhuvan.
好的 布凡
I’m with you.
我支持你
From now on,
you will play with this ball.
从现在开始 你们用这个球练习
Oh, wow.
Madam, your support has
really lifted our spirits.
小姐 你的支持真的让我们士气大振
Thank you.
谢谢你
Goli gets to try it out first.
先让哥里试试看
Forget the ball now.
You must all eat first.
别管球了 你们得先吃东西
Gauri, we’re playing for
the food that’ll fill our bellies.
歌♥莉 我们就是为了 填饱肚子的食物练球
Wait a while.
等一下再吃
Come on, all of you.
大家开始练习
Bhura, get over there.
布拉 你去那边
Goli, throw a nice one.
哥里 投颗好球
Oh, he’s making me run.
他又让我跑啦
Wow. Nice hit.
这球打得好
Give me the ball.
把球给我
Who’s Bhuvan?
谁是布凡?
I am.
我就是
And you are?
你是谁?
I’m Deva. Deva Singh Sodhi.
我是德瓦 德瓦辛索迪
I’ve come from Dhaulpur.
我来自达尔普
I heard that you’ve vowed
to fight the British.
我听说你誓言要与英国人对抗
Yes, but not with sticks and spears.
With bat and ball.
没错 但不是用棍子和矛 而是用球板和球
Whether with sticks and spears
or bat and ball,
不管是用棍子和矛 还是球板和球
I want to be in every battle
against the British.
我要参加每一场对抗英国人的战役
Let me lend a helping hand
in this fight, Bhuvan.
让我在这场战斗中出一份力 布凡
I’ve played this game before.
我曾打过板球
When?
什么时候?
I was in the British army.
我曾在英国陆军服役
Until one day,
I couldn’t bear it anymore,
直到有一天 我再也受不了
and I left after a final salute
to those brutes.
于是我离开 不再为那些畜牲卖♥♥命
I hate the British.
我痛恨英国人
The madam is on our side,
not against us.
这位小姐是盟友 不是敌人
What do you know about the game?
你对板球了解多少?
Two things, madam.
我知道两件事 小姐
When I throw the ball,
it is to shatter all three stumps.
我投球时 势如将三柱门击溃
And when I hit the ball,
it is to smash it to pieces.
我击球时 势如将球打碎
那太好了
We saw your bowling. Now take the bat.
我们见过你投球了 现在来击球吧
Goli, throw the ball.
哥里 投球
Goli, put away the ball.
No one will play. Eat first.
哥里 把球放下 谁都不准练 先吃饭
Okay, all of you, come and eat.
好吧 大家都过来吃吧
Come, Deva.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!