我想尽可能避免参与经济活动
I’m trying as much as possible not participate in our economy.
我不喜欢钱
I don’t like money.
所以…
So…
我尽量只物物交换
I’m trying to live by bartering alone.
但上天主教学校要收钱吧
But doesn’t catholic school cost money?
对 我家里特别喜欢这个教区
Yeah. The diocese we’re in are super into it.
我爸当时很希望我
It mattered to my dad that…
上泽维尔高中
I go to Xavier, so…
我就是想让他开心
Just trying to make him happy.
我还没准备好
I don’t wanna have sex yet.
-我还是第一次 -我也是
– I haven’t had sex yet. – Me neither.
-没和别人做过 -我也是
– With another person. – Nope. Me either.
-真的吗 -嗯
– Really? – Yeah.
我的天
Oh, my god!
是美黑床
It’s the tanning bed.
朱莉在的话 一定乐坏了
Julie will love this.
朱莉是谁
Who’s Julie?
泽维尔高中
淑女鸟 我们只有一个卫生间 别锁门
Lady Bird. You can’t lock the door when we have one bathroom.
抱歉
Sorry, sorry, sorry.
只有这里 我才能有点私人空间
It’s just this is the only place I can get any privacy.
你必须得用两条毛巾吗
You really need to use two towels?
不用
Uh, no.
-不用 -如果你要用两条
– I guess no. – If you need to use two towels,
记得跟我说 不然我一整天都受影响
you just have to say because this affects my whole day.
因为我上班前得洗衣服
Because I have to do laundry before work
如果需要我洗两条毛巾 提前打招呼
and I need to know if there’s more towels that I need to wash.
我只用一条 抱歉
I just need one. Sorry.
好 我照下镜子 我得走了
Okay. Well, let me get to the mirror, I’ve gotta get going.
你觉得什么时候第一次做♥爱♥比较合适
When do you think is a normal time to have sex?
-你做♥爱♥了 -没
– You’re having sex? – No.
大学比较好
Um, college is good.
大学 而且像我们谈过的 做好保护措施
I think college and use protection like we talked about.
好吧
Okay.
爸爸得抑郁症了吗
Is dad depressed?
怎么了
Why do you ask that?
我看到药了 上面写着爸爸的名字
The pills. They have dad’s name on them.
你♥爸♥已经得抑郁症很多年了
Dad’s been struggling with depression for years.
我不知道
I didn’t know that.
金钱并不是成功与否的体现
Money is not life’s report card.
他是因为钱抑郁的吗
He’s depressed about money?
成功也不能说明什么
Being successful doesn’t mean anything in and of itself.
只是说明你成功了而已
It just means that you’re successful.
但是成功就是成功了
Yeah, but then you’re successful.
但并不意味着你过得幸福
But that doesn’t mean that you’re happy.
可他也不幸福
But he’s not happy.
我得离开萨克拉门托
I have to get out of Sacramento.
为什么
Why?
待在这里就是精神折磨
Because it’s soul killing.
这里是加州的中西部
It’s the midwest of California.
有句话不是说
Isn’t there a thing, like,
“放眼全球 立足本地”
“Think globally, act locally”?
说这话的人 一定不住在萨克拉门托
I feel that the person who said that didn’t live in Sacramento.
我喜欢这里
I love it here.
我想把女儿送去圣心高中念书
I want to send my daughters to Immaculate Heart.
我想做妈妈
I wanna– you know, I wanna be a mom.
至少旧金山也行
At least go to San Francisco.
我不喜欢山
I don’t like hills.
从简单的开始 x加3乘x加2
Start simple with x plus three times x plus two.
-乘法分配律怎么用 -朱莉
– Now if we use foil, where do we start? – Julie?
朱莉
Julie?
朱莉
Julie.
你叫朱莉干什么
What do you want from Julie?
达琳 能让我们单独聊聊吗
Darlene, can you excuse us?
达琳也听着
Darlene’s staying.
为什么你没上代数二的课
Why aren’t you in Algebra 2?
-我换课了 -为什么
– I switched sections. – Why?
有了詹娜和凯尔还不够吗
Aren’t Jenna and Kyle enough?
很抱歉让你嫉妒了
I’m sorry that you’re jealous.
詹娜那么蠢
Jenna’s a moron, you know.
她不蠢 她还修微积分呢
She’s not. She’s in AP Calculus.
我不是说她智商蠢
She’s a moron in a deeper sense.
你根本不了解她
You don’t even know her.
帕蒂老师给你分配了角色
Miss Patty assigned you a role by the way,
你都没出现
you just never showed up to claim it!
-什么角色 -《暴风雨》
– What role? – The Tempest!
-根本就没有暴风雨这个角色 -这可是标题角色
– There is no role of The Tempest! – It is the titular role!
只不过是硬编出来的 好让所有人都参与
No, it’s a made up thing so we all can participate!
只要你不是主角
You can’t do anything
就什么都不做了吗
unless you’re the center of attention, can you?
对啊 你知道你♥妈♥的♥胸是假的吗
Yeah. Well, you know your mom’s tits, they’re fake. Totally fake!
她不过是19岁时做错了决定
She made one bad decision at 19!
是两个决定
Two bad decisions!
15岁 这个女孩就怀孕了
And at 15, this girl was pregnant.
她决定去打胎
She decided that she was going to get an abortion.
有道理 确实应该这样做
It made sense. It was the right thing to do.
-她静♥坐♥着 -我猜她没打
– She was sitting there… – Let me guess, she didn’t get it.
脑海里突然冒出一个声音
…and something deep inside of her said,
-不要 -我说吧
– no! – bingo.
猜猜这个女孩是谁
Anyone want to guess who this woman is?
这边的女生
The young lady right here.
-你吗 -不 不是我
– You? – No. It was not me.
你朋友吗
Um, your friend?
不是
No.
故事中的这个女孩
The girl in the story was…
是我母亲
my mother.
我就是她决意留下的那个孩子
I am that baby that she decided not to abort.
那可能就是我
That could have been me.
那可能就是我的命运
That could have been my fate.
有些东西虽然看起来丑
Just because something looks ugly
但并不一定道义上就是错的
doesn’t mean it’s morally wrong.
你说什么 女士
What did you say, ma’am?
-没什么 -请讲
– Nothing. – Please. Share.
我说
I said,
“有些东西虽然看起来丑
“Just because something looks ugly
但并不一定道义上就是错的”
doesn’t mean that it’s morally wrong.”
你觉得胎儿死掉在道义上是对的
You think dead children aren’t morally wrong?
不 我只是说
No. I’m just saying that
要是你在我大姨妈来的时候
if you took up close pictures of my vagina
拍一张我私处的特写 也会很恶心
while I was on my period, it would be disturbing,
但并不说明来姨妈就是错
but it doesn’t make it wrong.
你说什么
Excuse me?
如果你妈真的打了胎
Listen. If your mother had had the abortion,
我们也不用坐这这么久 听这个破会
we wouldn’t have to sit through this stupid assembly.
停学 怎么回事
Suspended? How does this happen?
我们做的一切都是为了你 一切
Everything we do is for you. Everything.
你以为我想开那辆破车四处晃吗
Do you think I like driving that car around?
-不 -我想吗
– No. – Do you?
-不 -你以为我愿意在精神病院
– No. – Do you think I like working double shifts
两班倒吗
at the psych hospital?
-不 -你必须得去天主教学校
– No. – You needed to go to the catholic school
因为在公立学校
because your brother saw somebody knifed
你哥哥亲眼看见别人被捅了
in front of him at the public school.
你想这样吗 拉里 你在电脑前忙什么
Is that what you want? Larry, what are you doing on the computer?
-没什么 -你以为我和你♥爸♥不知道
– Nothing. – You think your dad and I don’t know
你觉得我们给你丢脸吗 你♥爸♥知道
how ashamed that you are of us? Your dad knows.
你♥爸♥知道 为什么每天送你上学
Your dad knows why you ask him to drop you off
离学校还有一街区 你就提前下车
a block away from school every day.
-爸 我不是那个意思 -你知道他多难过吗
– Dad, I didn’t mean to. – You made him feel horrible!
-你知道吗 -对不起
– Horrible! You know that? – I’m sorry.
玛丽恩 你没必要提这个

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!