承载着掠夺欲和极其危险的占有欲
of depravity or extreme danger of desire I suppose?
每个人都有吗
Is it in everyone?
当然 是的
Sure. Yeah.
人们对此有多坦诚
How honest people are about it
因人而异 但我认为我们都有这一面
is a different thing, but I think we all have it.
大多数情况下 当一个人无可救药地爱上
Most situations where somebody is hopelessly in love with someone
另一个不该爱上的人时
who they shouldn’t be, it always is really,
往往是身体的吸引
it tends to be physical.
我所知的最悲情的虐恋关系
And, most tragic masochistic relationships that I’m aware of
本质上就是身体的相互吸引 这似乎阐明了一切
are essentially physical attraction, and this seemed to say it.
你心中最原始的部分
The sort of primitive part of your mind
正巧被正在发生的秘事所吸引
that just is fascinated by the mystery of what’s going on.
它们都是一个庞大幻想的一部分
It’s all part of the sort of the gigantic fantasy,
就是男性的性幻想
the male sex fantasy.
我认为一旦你试图为故事找理由
I think that the story would become impossible
故事就会变得不可理喻
if you tried to give reasons for it.
我认为你是一个创新者
I think that you are an innovator.
我的意思是 你非常喜欢解构事物 新鲜的事物
I mean, you like very much to break things, new things.
但同时 你非常在意传统
But at the same time, you are very conscious of tradition.
我认为总结二十世纪艺术的失败
Well, I think that one of the things that characterises
其中之一就是所有艺术形式
some of the failures of 20th century art, in all art forms,
都有一种对独创性的偏执
is an obsession with total originality.
创新意味着将艺术向前推
Innovation means moving it forward,
但不是抛弃经典的形式
but not abandoning the classical form,
抛弃你所运用的艺术形式
the art form that you are working with.
但我认为真正的艺术大爆发会在
But I do think that the real explosion will come when someone
有人能终于解放叙事结构时到来
finally liberates the narrative structure.
让我感到惊讶的是
What surprises me is that you have absolutely no prejudice
你对主题的选择没有丝毫偏见 任何主题都有可能
toward choice of a subject, I mean, anything can happen.
或许吧 但我不自知
I might, but I’m not aware of it.
把一个好故事拍成电影是一个奇迹
I mean, a good story that you make into a film is a miracle,
而创造奇迹非常困难
and, you know, it’s very hard to work miracles.
有人发给我一篇写施尼茨勒的文章
Someone sent me an article about Schnitzler,
他的死非常美好
he died in the most wonderful way.
他坐在那里 敲着打字机
He was sitting, writing at the typewriter, and…
他起来把这页纸给隔壁房♥间的人
..somebody was in the next room and he got up to give them a page
然后就这样 跌倒在地 人生结束了
and just…fell over and that was it.
他没有生病 他就是工作 然后死亡
He hadn’t been ill or anything, he was just working, and dying.
我本该在周日和他谈谈的
I was supposed to talk to him on Sunday.
有时候 斯坦利会在大半夜打电♥话♥过来
And sometimes Stanley would call, you know in the middle of the night.
我还记得…电♥话♥响了
I remember thinking… The phone rang.
我以为不是尼克就是斯坦利
I thought it was either Nick or Stanley,
只有他们会在大半夜打电♥话♥
that’s the only people who usually call in the middle of the night.
结果是里昂
And it was Leon, and…
他说 “汤姆 斯坦利在睡梦中去世了”
And he said, “Tom, you know, Stanley Kubrick died in his sleep.”
而…
And…
而我满脑子都在想
And I remember just thinking,
“这没有发生”
“You know, this just isn’t happening.”
电影结尾的遗憾程度 我认为在于
How disappointing you make the end of a film is a matter of I suppose
你的品味使然 或是出于艺术性的平衡
taste or artistic balance, whatever it is,
但你总会面对这样一个问题
but you always are faced with the problem of
到底是要去强调情节剧营造的错觉
are you going to try to reinforce this illusion which melodrama fosters
还是去反映人们眼中的人生
or are you going to try to reflect what one sees about life?
情节剧会用降临到主人公身上的
Melodrama uses all the problems of the world and all the disasters
世间种种问题和灾祸
which befall the main characters
最终告诉你这是一个仁慈公平的世界
to finally show you that the world is a benevolent and fair place.
而所有的考验和发生的不幸
And all the tests and trials and seeming misfortunes which occur,
最终也只是在巩固这个信念
in the end, just reinforce this belief.
但悲剧 或者说诚实 或者说去用一种
But tragedy, or honesty, or an attempt at presenting life
比情节剧更接近现实的方式来呈现人生
in a way that seems closer to reality than melodrama,
会给你带来一种凄凉的感觉
can leave you with a feeling of desolation.
但当然了 将世界呈现为
But certainly, the formula approach,
另一种样子的方式方法
which presents the world in a way other than it is,
似乎没有什么特别值得称道的优点
doesn’t seem to have a great deal of merit
除非你只是在做一部娱乐片
unless you’re just making entertainment.
结束了?
Fini?
非常感谢
Thank you very much.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!