证人必须作答
l’ll allow it.
我不记得了
l don’t recall.
多于3个 少于33个
More than three, less than 33, permanently?
-反对 -反对无效
-Objection. -Overruled.
证人请回答
The witness will answer, please.
大概在这之间
Somewhere in between.
你现在有爱人吗
Do you have a lover now?
庭上 我要求证人直接回答
Your Honour, l would request a direct answer to a direct question.
她有爱人吗
Does she have a lover?
本席允许 证人请回答
l’ll allow that. The witness will answer, please.
是的 我有交往对象
Yes, l’m seeing someone now.
这是 一辈子的吗
ls that…permanent?
我不知道
l don’t know.
你说”一辈子” 我们根本不能确定
We don’t know when you say permanently…
你是否会住在纽约 或照顾孩子一辈子
…if you plan to live in New York, or keep your child, for that matter…
既然你从来没做过什么 可以被认为一辈子不变的事
…since you’ve never done anything that could be regarded as permanent.
反对 我要求庭上 阻止对方律师骚扰证人
Objection. l request the counsel be prevented from harassing the witness.
反对有效
Sustained.
那我用另一种方式问好了
l’ll put it another way, counselor.
除了和父母 及女性朋友的感情
What was the longest personal relationship in your life…
你哪一份关系是最长久的
…outside of parents or girlfriends?
我想是我小孩的关系
l suppose that would be my child.
但你一年只见他两次
Whom you’ve seen twice in a year.
克莱默太太 你和前夫的
Mrs. Kramer, your ex-husband…
关系不是最长的吗
…wasn’t he the longest personal relationship in your life?
请说大声一点 克莱默太太 我听不见
Would you speak up? l couldn’t hear you.
是的
Yes.
有多久
How long was that?
我们在孩子出生前一年结婚
We were married a year before the baby…
之后过了7年
…and seven years after.
所以你在今生 最重要的关系上失败了
So you were a failure at the most important relationship in your life.
-反对 -反对无效
-Objection. -Overruled.
证人的意见与案情有关
The witness’s opinion on this is relevant.
我没有失败
l was not a failure.
难道是成功吗 这段婚姻以离婚收场了
What do you call it, a success? The marriage ended in divorce.
我觉得是他的失败 多于我的失败
l consider it less my failure than his.
恭喜
Congratulations.
你刚才重写了婚姻法例 你们两个都是离婚人士
You’ve just rewritten matrimonial law. You were both divorced.
反对
Objection!
庭上 我想知道这名 所谓稳定和可敬的女子
Your Honour, l would like to ask what this model of stability…
究竟有了什么成就
…and respectability has ever succeeded at.
你在今生最重要的关系上 是失败的吗
Were you a failure at the one most important relationship in your life?
-它并不成功 -不是”它” 是你
-lt did not succeed. -Not it, Mrs. Kramer, you.
你是否在一生中 最重要的关系上失败了
Were you a failure at the one most important relationship in your life?
是不是
Were you?!
不是
No.
这是默认吗 克莱默太太
ls that a yes, Mrs. Kramer?
没有其他问题了
No further questions.
-你一定要对她这么狠吗 -你想不想要孩子
-Did you have to be so rough? -Do you want the kid?
爹地
Daddy?
爹地
Daddy.
-什么事 -你小时候都做些什么事
-Yeah? -What did you do when you were little?
我想和你做的事一样啊
The same things you do.
你看合家欢吗
Did you watch The Brady Bunch?
没有 我们那时没有电视
No, we didn’t have any television.
没有吗
You didn’t?
我们听收音机
We listened to the radio.
还有什么是你小时候没有的
What else didn’t you have?
很多东西都是我小时候没有的
We didn’t have lots of things.
-像什么 -很多东西
-Like? -Like a lot of things.
哪一种
What kind?
过来
Come here.
我们没有健怡可乐
We didn’t have diet soda.
我们有蛋淇淋 就是用一点巧克力糖浆
We had egg creams, which was chocolate syrup…
一点苏打水 一点牛奶 通通搅在一起
…seltzer water and a bit of milk and you went…
喝起来很好喝
…and you drank it and it was delicious.
我们没有大都会队 但有道奇队
We didn’t have the Mets, but we had the Brooklyn Dodgers.
我们有马球场 有艾比球场
We had the Polo Grounds and Ebbets Field….
天啊 那些日子真快乐
Boy, those were the days.
我们没有福斯汽车
We didn’t have the Volkswagens…
但有各种车子 上面印着有奇怪的名字
…but we had all those different cars with funny names on them.
我们没有汉堡王和麦当劳
We didn’t have Burger King or McDonald’s.
但有自动贩卖♥♥机 进去放一个铜板
We had automats where you put a quarter in and you’d get…
可以买♥♥到一块派或一份三明治 透过小窗子看到食物
…a piece of pie or a sandwich you could see through a window.
我们没有任何涂鸦 但有个叫克利的家伙在街上
We didn’t have graffiti, but we had this guy Kilroy….
克莱默先生是个尽职的父亲
Mr. Kramer is a very devoted father.
他花了很多的时间陪比利
He spends a great deal of time with Billy.
他常念书给比利听
He reads to Billy a lot.
他们玩在一起 他们常常聊天
They play together, they talk all the time.
他是个很棒的父亲
He’s a wonderful father.
谢谢你 菲利普太太 没有其他的问题
Thank you. No further questions.
菲利普太太 你认识 乔安娜克莱默有多久了
Mrs. Phelps, how long have you known Joanna Kramer?
大概6年 从她和泰德搬进大楼以后
About six years, ever since she and Ted moved into the building.
你和乔安娜克莱默母子 多久见一次面
How often did you see Joanna Kramer and her son?
当然大概有一年半的时间 我没有看见他们在一起
l haven’t seen them together now for about a year and a half, but…
不过以前我们大概 一周见二到三次面
…back then l saw them two or three times a week.
我大女儿金和比利常玩在一起
My oldest daughter and Billy play together.
你可以描述乔安娜克莱默 和她儿子的关系吗
Can you describe the relationship between Joanna Kramer and her son?
他们关系很好
lt was good.
乔安娜是个很好的母亲
Joanna was a very good mother.
乔安娜和泰德都很–
Both Ted and Joanna are very–
你们是否讨论过 她和前夫的关系
Did Mrs. Kramer discuss her relationship with her ex-husband?

Yes.
你可以告诉庭上 她到底说过什么吗
Can you tell the court exactly what she said?
乔安娜因为很多原因不太快乐
Joanna wasn’t happy for many reasons–
你可曾听她说过克莱默先生 对儿子的需求漠不关心
Did you ever hear her say Mr. Kramer was insensitive to his son’s needs?
菲利普太太 请回答问题
Would you answer the question?
-我听不见 -有的 但那是在–
-l didn’t hear you. -Yes, but that was before–
你是否曾鼓励她离开她先生
Did you ever encourage her to leave her husband?
没有
No, l did not.
在她离开的几天前 你是否曾对她说
Several days before she left, did you say to her:
“如果你那么痛苦 你应该离开”
“lf you’re in this much pain, you owe it to yourself to leave”?
-我不认为乔安娜—你是否对她说过
-l didn’t think Joanna—Did you say to her:
“如果你那么痛苦 你应该离开”
“lf you’re in this much pain, you owe it to yourself to leave”?
-是的 但她是我的朋友—没有其他的问题
-Yes, but she was my friend—No further questions.
菲利普太太 你可以退席
Mrs. Phelps, you may step down.
乔安娜 事情现在不同了
Joanna, things are not the same now.
泰德不同了
Ted is not the same man.
-你不知道他有多努力—菲利普太太 请退席
-You don’t know how hard he’s tried—Mrs. Phelps!
他们在一起时非常好
They’re beautiful together.
庭上 证人已被要求退席
The witness is asked to step down.
如果你见过他们一起的样子
lf you could see them together…
也许你就不会来打官司了
…maybe you wouldn’t be here now.
菲利普太太 够了
Mrs. Phelps, that will be all!
很抱歉
l’m sorry.
当你在说话的时候–
When you were talking–
当前妻说她在我们的婚姻中 很不快乐
When my ex-wife was talking about how unhappy she was during our marriage…
我想她的话 可能大部份是真的
…most of what she said was probably true.
有很多事情我不了解
There’s a lot l didn’t understand.
如果可以的话 有很多事我会有不同的做法
There’s a lot l’d do different if l could…
有很多事 是你希望能改变 但办不到的
…just like there’s a lot you wish you could change but can’t.
有些事是无法挽回的
Some things, once they’re done, can’t be undone.
我太太–
My wife–
我前妻说她爱比利 我也相信
My ex-wife says she loves Billy and l believe she does.
但这不是这里讨论的重点
But l don’t think that’s the issue here.
如果我没搞错的话
lf l understand it correctly…
在这里最重要的是 怎样对我们的儿子最合适
…what means the most here is what’s best for our son.
谁对比利最合适
What’s best for Billy.
我太太以前常对我说
My wife used to say to me:
“女人凭什么不能 像男人一样有野心 ”
“Why can’t a woman have the same ambitions as a man?”

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!