我吓死了 我抱他一路跑到医院
lt was scary. l ran him to the hospital.
他有个小疤 不过会好的
He has a little scar, but he’ll be fine.
我一直担心 这是我的错–
l’ve been worrying that it’s my fault–
不 别那么想 远远根本看不到
Don’t do that. You can’t even see it from a distance.
我坐在学校对面的咖啡馆看他
l sit in the coffee shop across from his school and watch him.
他长得好大了
He got so big.
你在看他
You’ve been watching him?
我回纽约两个月了
l’ve been in New York for about two months now.
我都不知道
l didn’t know that.
总之
Anyway….
今天来找你是因为
That’s why l wanted to talk to you today.
上次你看到我 我情况很糟
Last time you saw me, l was in pretty bad….
-情绪不稳 -对 没错
-Shaky? -Really bad shape.
是的
Yeah, l was.
是的
l was.
你现在看起来很好
Well, you look lovely now.
-怎么了 -我有一番话要说
-What? -l have a whole speech.
说吧
Go ahead.
我一生都觉得自己是
All my life l’ve felt like…
人家的太太 妈妈 或女儿
…somebody’s wife or mother or daughter.
就是我们在一起的时候 我都不知道自己是谁
Even when we were together l never knew who l was.
所以我必须离开
That’s why l had to go away.
在加州 我找到自己
ln California, l think l found myself.
有了工作
l got myself a job.
我找了个很好的心理治疗师
l got myself a therapist, a really good one.
我从来没有对自己这么满意过
And l feel better about myself than l ever have in my whole life.
我对自己了解了很多
l learned a lot about myself.
比如说
Such as?
不 真的 我想知道你了解什么
No, really, l’d really like to know what you learned.
我了解到我很爱我的小孩
l’ve learned that l love my little boy.
还有 我有能力照顾他
And that l’m capable of taking care of him.
什么意思
What do you mean?
我要我儿子
l want my son.
你不能这样
You can’t have him.
防卫性不要这么强 别吓唬我
Don’t get defensive. Don’t bully me.
我不是防卫性强
l’m not getting defensive.
是谁15个月前离开家的
Who walked out 1 5 months ago?
我不管 我还是他妈妈
l don’t care. l’m still his mother.
在三千哩之外
From 3000 miles away.
只因为寄了几张明信片 就让你有权利回来这里
Because you sent post cards gives you the right to come back?
但我从没停止不要他过
l never stopped wanting him.
你凭什么确定他要你
What makes you sure he wants you?
那你凭什么确定他不要我
What makes you sure he doesn’t?
那我们就坐在这争来争去
We’re gonna sit here and bat this back and forth.
-就像过去一样 -你不能禁止–
-lt’s like old times. -You can’t deny me–
不用你告诉我怎么做
Don’t tell me what l can or cannot do.
-不要那样对我说话 -我早想到会这样
-Don’t talk to me that way. -l anticipated this.
你做你必须做的事 我去做我必须做的事
Do what you have to. l’ll do what l have to.
事情变成这样我很遗憾
l’m sorry about this.
你该怎么做就怎么做
Do what you have to do.
我不知道法律专有名词 但我想这算是抛弃
l don’t know the legal jargon for it, but l think it’s “desertion.”
我不是要教你怎么做 但我想这场官司很好打
l don’t mean to tell you your job, but l have an open-and-shut case.
监护权官司没有好打的
There’s no such thing as an open-and-shut case where custody is involved.
我敢说你的前妻 已经找了律师
l’ll bet your ex-wife has already found a lawyer…
而且律师建议她 回纽约取得居民身分
…who’s advised her to move back to establish residency.
现在的问题是要证明 你前妻是不称职的母亲
The burden is on us to prove that your ex-wife is an unfit mother.
也就是说我得要来狠的 如果我来狠的
That means l’ll have to play rough. lf l play rough…
他们也会 你可以承受吗
…you can bet they will too. Can you take that?
可以
Yes.
你要花一万五千块钱
And it’s going to cost you $1 5,000.
如果我们赢的话
That’s if we win.
如果还要上诉 花费更多
lf we go to appeal, it’ll cost you more.
我知道
l understand.
再说一次 孩子多大
Now, how old is the child again?
我儿子七岁
My son is 7.
-这很难 -为什么
-That’s tough. -Why?
因为小孩还小 法官通常倾向母亲那一方
ln cases involving a child that young, the court tends to side with her.
但她已让出监护权
She signed over custody.
我不是说没机会赢 但不容易
l’m not saying we don’t have a shot, but it won’t be easy.
帮我个忙好吗
Do me a favor, will you?
我发现面对这种情况 这么做很有用
There’s something l find useful in matters like this.
我坐下 写出正反两面的影响
l sit down and l write out all the pros and cons on an issue.
写下来 然后看一看
Write them and look at them.
反面 钱
-我要你也这样做 好吗 -好
-l want you to do that, okay? -Okay.
之后
And after that…
如果确定要保留监护权
…if you’re really certain you want to retain custody…
我们就狠狠修理他们 好吗
…then we’ll go in there and beat the pants off them. Okay?
没有社交生活 不能放松
我爱你 比利 我知道你睡着了 听不见
l love you, Billy. l know you’re sleeping and can’t hear me.
我全心爱着你
l love you with all my heart.
泰德 有人约午饭吗
Ted, you got a lunch?
吉姆 天啊 我不知道 我忙着想这个点子–
Hi, Jim. l don’t know. l was trying to work this idea out here–
好 我一点钟来接你
Good. l’ll pick you up at 1 :00.
没问题
Okay, you got it.
那天早上我站在冰箱前
So the other morning, l’m at the refrigerator…
替比利准备上学
…getting Billy ready for school.
我只穿内衣 他注意到我瘦了
l’m just in my underwear and he notices l’ve lost weight.
他走过来拍我 他大概到我这里
He comes in and pats me. He comes to here.
然后说 “爹地 你真的瘦好多”
And he says, “Daddy, you’ve really lost a lot of weight.”
看着我说 “肉都跑到你的鼻子去了”
He looks up at me and he says, “And it’s all gone to your nose.”
他真可爱 你知道吗
He was so cute. You know?
小孩子
You know, kids.
这很好吃 你要吃吗
lt’s delicious, want a taste?
-我饱了 -真好吃
-l’m full. -lt’s good.
听着 泰德
Listen, Ted…
我在其他广♥告♥公♥司♥的朋友 打电♥话♥给我
…l had a call from a friend of mine over at another agency.
大西洋航♥空♥请他们去比稿
The Mid-Atlantic people have invited them to pitch the account.
为什么
Why?
我想他们对我们不太满意
They’re not happy with what we’re doing.
我想你应该请他们过来 让我露一手
l think you should have them over and l’ll give a little tap dance.
我已经叫诺曼去处理了
l got Norman working on it.
诺曼
Norman?
你要把这个客户转给别人做
You taking me off the account?
你不喜欢我了
You don’t like me anymore?
不是那么简单
lt’s not quite that simple.
我想我们要有点改变
l think we’re gonna have to make a few changes here.
你要开除我
You’re firing me?
是 我要遣散你 没错
Yeah, l’m letting you go, yes.
为什么
Why?
泰德 这对我来说很痛苦
Now, look, Ted, this is a very painful thing for me.
但上司们给我很多压力
l’ve been getting a lot of pressure from the guys upstairs.
我没有其他选择
There wasn’t anything l could do.
我想了很久 这样比较好
l think it’s better this way.
如果我把你降级
lf l took your stripes…
或把你分到你讨厌的客户 你会因此痛恨我
…if l put you on a schlock account, you’d hate it, and me for doing it.
如此快刀斩乱麻 相信我 这样做最好
This way it’s a clean break. That’s the best thing.
你知道我太太正在和我 打官司争小孩监护权吗
You know my wife is fighting for custody?
你知道我们就要上法庭了吗
You know that we’re going to court?
如果我丢了工作 我的胜算有多少
Do you know what my chances are if l’m out of a job?
我知道你很生气–
l understand that you’re upset–
我不想求你 但我以朋友身份请你帮忙
l don’t want to beg, but l’m asking you, please, as a friend.
我请你帮忙
l’m asking you.
你非常聪明 真的 你很有天分 你可以的
You’re an extremely bright guy. You’ve got a hell of a talent.
你会站起来 会活下去
You’re gonna land on your feet. You’re gonna survive.
泰德 听着
Teddy, look.
我知道你现在手头紧
l know you may be short on cash.
不用急着还我这些钱
No big hurry about paying this back.
你真可耻
Shame on you.
爹地 电♥话♥
Daddy, the phone’s ringing.
-克莱默先生 -我是
-Mr. Kramer?. -Yes.