我得把这个原稿弄好 再跟你说话
Let me get this copy done, and then l’ll talk.
大象什么时候坐在篱笆上
What time is it when an elephant sits on your fence?
就是要换新篱笆的时候
Time to get a new fence.
拜托 我刚才想出一句
Honey, please–l just got this sentence.
爹地
Daddy! Daddy!
该死
Goddamn it! Goddamn it!
去沙发上坐着别动
Get over there and sit on that couch and don’t move!
我就知道会这样
l knew this was gonna happen! l knew it!
不是叫你别在这里喝东西
Who told you not to drink this stuff here?
-抱歉 -是啊 你抱歉
-Sorry. -Yeah, you’re sorry.
我告诉过你在餐厅喝果汁 不准再把东西带到这里
Told you to keep that juice in the dining room!
抱歉
Sorry.
是谁带你去公园 把你想要的东西都买♥♥给你
Who took you to the park, gave you everything you wanted?
-是谁买♥♥冰淇淋给你 -是你
-Who bought you an ice cream? -You.
是谁答应爹地 回家以后别吵他工作
And who promised Daddy that when we got home, you’d let him work?
-都毁了 不能救了 -抱歉
-That’s ruined. l can’t fix that. -Sorry.
早就超过你上♥床♥时间了 你何不去睡觉
lt’s past your bedtime. Why don’t you go to sleep?
刷牙 上完厕所要冲水
And brush your teeth and flush the toilet.
-买♥♥了纸巾 还要什么 -还要清洁剂
-Paper towels. What else? -We need detergent.
好 走吧
All right.
妈妈都是买♥♥上面 有橘色圈圈这种
No, Mommy buys the kind with the orange circles on it.
-这两种没什么不同 -妈妈说这种最好
-There’s no difference. -Mom said it was the best.
-我们走 -拿粉红色那种
-Let’s go. -Get the pink stuff.
好 走了
All right, come on.
好 就这样
Okay. That’s it.
我们还要谷类食品
We need some cereal.
好 哪种颜色的
Okay, what color?
比利
Hey, Billy!
比利 我说过妈妈会在这星期写信来
Billy! Told you Mommy would write before the week was up.
-她什么时候回来 -马上就知道了
-When is she coming back? -That’s what we’re gonna find out now.
好 我们来念信吧
Okay. Let’s read it.
“我亲爱的比利 ”
“My dearest, sweet Billy.”
就是你
That’s you.
妈咪走了
“Mommy has gone away.
世界上 有时候
Sometimes in the world…
爹地走了
…daddies go away…
妈咪留下来把小朋友带大
…and mommies bring up their little boys.
有时候妈咪也会走
But sometimes, a mommy can go away too…
你爹地会把你带大
…and you have your daddy to bring you up.
我走的原因是 我要替自己
l have gone away because l must find…
找些有趣的事做
…something interesting to do for myself in the world.
大家都得这么做 我也是
Everybody has to, and so do l.
当你的妈咪是一件事 但世界上还有其他事
Being your mommy was one thing, but there are other things too…
这就是我必须做的
…and this is what l have to do.
我一直没机会告诉你这些事
l did not get a chance to tell you this…
所以我写信给你
…and that is why l’m writing you now.
我永远都是你的妈咪
l will always be your mommy…
我会永远爱你
…and l will always love you.
虽然我不能当你家里的妈咪
l just won’t be your mommy in the house…
但仍是你心中的妈咪
…but l’ll be your mommy at the heart.
现在我得离开 去做一个我必须做的人
And now l must go and be the person l have to be.”
我们改天再念这封信 好吗
We’ll read this another time.
我无所谓
l don’t care.
泰德和乔安娜克莱默 1969年4月4日成婚
-吉姆 晚安 -泰德 进来
-Good night, Jim. -Come on in.
-喝一杯 -不行 我迟了
-Have a drink. -l can’t, l’m late now.
急什么 我们要替诺曼办个派对 他在这里待五年了
What’s the rush? We’re having a party for Norman. Five years here.
你能相信吗
Can you believe it?
我想留下来 但我迟到了 我要去接比利
Wish l could, but l’m late. l gotta pick up Billy.
你认识宣传部门的杰瑞吗
You know Jerry Hoover, in media?
我要跟你说他的一件糗事
Tell you something funny.
我得走了 周一见
Gotta go. See you Monday.
计程车
Taxi!
计程车
Taxi!
-拿去 不用找了 -谢谢
-Here, keep the change. -Thanks.
克莱太太 很抱歉我迟到了
Hi, Mrs. Kline. l’m sorry l’m late.
没关系 但比利有点不高兴
That’s all right, but Billy is upset.
小子 你好吗
Hey, how’s it going, sport?
我下班时公♥司♥有点事
l had a little trouble getting away from the office.
抱歉 走吧 我们走了
Sorry. Come on, let’s get going.
谢谢你来 比利 等一下
Thanks for coming, Billy. Oh, wait a minute.
-别忘了糖果袋 -多谢了
-Don’t forget your goody bag. -Thanks very much.
-再见 -谢谢了
-Bye. -Thanks a lot.
-你玩得高兴吗 -你迟到了
-So, did you have a lot of fun? -You’re late.
-没那么久 只迟二十分钟 -你要打赌吗
-l’m not that late. Only 20 minutes. -Want to bet?
其他的妈妈都比你早来
All the other mothers were there before you.
你为何这么小题大做 路上很塞车
Why are you making such a big deal of it? There was traffic.
如果你想做个大男孩
lf you want to be a big boy…
就得学着别人说抱歉时
…you learn that when somebody says they’re sorry…
不要心存怨恨 让人家不好受
…you don’t hold a grudge and make them feel bad for…
难过很久很久
…a long time afterwards.
好 吃吧
Okay, go ahead.
不要用手吃 拜托 比利
Don’t eat with your fingers. Come on, Billy.
你知道怎么做
You know better than that. Here.
用叉子
Use a fork.
好 坐好
Come on, come on. Sit up, sit up, sit up.
今天在学校如何
How was school today?
和平常一样
Same as usual.
尼克队今天赢了
l see the Knicks finally won a game.
我无所谓
l don’t care.
什么意思
What do you mean?
-我喜欢波士顿队 -波士顿 为何喜欢波士顿队
-l like Boston. -Boston? Why do you like Boston?
因为妈咪是波士顿人
Because Mommy’s from Boston.
好吧 坐好 吃多一点
Sit up and try to eat. Come on.
我可以先离席吗 我想睡觉了
Can l be excused? l want to go to bed.
吃太多生日蛋糕了吗
Too much birthday cake?
大概是吧
Yeah, l guess.
很抱歉
l’m sorry. Excuse me.
露薏丝 来帮我一下
Louise, give me a hand.
你迟到15分钟
You’re 1 5 minutes late.
-康诺先生很生气 -就这些
-Mr. O’Connor is very upset. -This all of it?
-是的 你要现在看信吗 -不要 有谁留话吗
-Yes. Do you want your mail now? -No, just give me the messages.
提醒我午餐时买♥♥个哭泣娃娃
Remind me to get a Crying Chrissie doll at lunch.

Okay, okay.
抱歉 我迟到了
Sorry l’m late.
下周二4点学校有家长会
And there’s a PTA meeting at the school on Tuesday at 4.
好 谢谢你
Right, thanks.
把鸡放进冰箱
Put the chicken in the refrigerator.
知道查理现在和谁约会吗
Know who Charley’s seeing now?

Who?
离婚的女人 有两个女儿 和金还有佩缇一样大
A divorced woman with two little girls the same age as Kim and Petey.
-你开玩笑吗 -没有
-Are you kidding? -No.
你怎么知道的
How do you know?
我就是知道
l know.
你和查理分手多久了
How long has it been since you two broke up?
一年半
Year and a half.
那么久了吗
That long?
我说过你们分手时
Did l ever tell you how sorry…
我和乔安娜多遗憾 多难过吗
…how sad Joanna and l were when you guys split?
看看那两个可爱的小男生
Look at that cute little boy over there.
你想你会再婚吗
You think you’ll ever get married again?
-我是说和任何人 -不会
-l mean, to anybody. -No.
为什么
Why?
也许没有小孩会不同 但
Maybe it’s different if you don’t have children, but…
就算查理和我不住在一起
…even if Charley and l aren’t living together, and even if we’re…
就算我们都和别人上♥床♥ 或查理再婚
…sleeping with other people, even if he were to get married again…
他还是我先生
…he’s still my husband…
和孩子的爸爸
…and he’s still the father of my children and….
俗话说”至死不渝”是没错的
That stuff about “till death do you part,” that’s really true.
那我问你 如果查理的中年危机结束
Let’s say Charley finishes his midlife crisis…
和别的女人玩够了 来敲门要你原谅他

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!