我想你是对的
l think you’re right.
也许我已经体会到了
And maybe l’ve learned that much.
但同样的 我想知道
By the same token, l’d like to know…
哪种法律规定只因性别 女人就比男人更会照顾孩子
…what law says a woman is a better parent simply by virtue of her sex?
我常常在想 怎么样的父母才是好父母
l’ve had time to think about what makes a good parent.
一定要有恒心 有耐心
lt has to do with constancy. lt has to do with patience…
要聆听孩子说话
…listening to him…
即使听不下去 也要假装在听
…or pretending to listen when you can’t anymore.
要有爱心 就像 就像她说的
lt has to do with love, like she was saying.
我不知道哪里写过 女人天生有母爱
l don’t know where it says a woman has a corner on that market…
男人对孩子的爱 就一定比女人少
…that a man has any less of those emotions than a woman.
比利和我共同建立了一个家 我尽了一切力量
Billy has a home with me. l’ve made it the best l could.
它不是很完美 我不是一个完美的家长
lt’s not perfect. l’m not a perfect parent.
有时我没有足够的耐心 忘记他只是个小孩
Sometimes l don’t have enough patience and l forget that he’s a little kid.
但我在他身边
But l’m there.
我们一起吃早饭 他和我聊天然后一起上学
We eat breakfast and he talks to me, and then we go to school.
晚上我们一起吃晚饭 聊天 然后我念故事给他听
At night we have dinner together and we talk and l read to him and….
我们一起建立生活 彼此相爱
And we built a life together and we love each other.
如果你毁了它
lf you destroy that…
可能永远无法弥补
…it may be irreparable.
乔安娜 别这样做 拜托
Joanna, don’t do that, please.
-别再度毁了他的生活 -谢谢 克莱默先生
-Don’t do it twice to him. -Thank you, Mr. Kramer.
没有其他问题了
No further questions.
克莱默先生 你在广♥告♥界工作多久
How long have you worked in advertising?
自从我高中毕业
Ever since l graduated high school.
我是说 从大学开始 已经做了15年
College, l mean. l’ve been there about 1 5 years.
你在这行已经到达 某种阶级或位置了吗
Would you say you’ve achieved a certain status in your profession?
是的 我在这行有很好的名声
Yes, l have a good reputation.
克莱默先生 你在罗氏工作时薪水是多少
When you worked at Roth, Kane and Donovan, what was your salary?
当我离开时 年薪大概是3万3千元
Around $33,000 dollars a year when l left.
我想现在你是在诺曼工作吧
Now you work at Norman, Craig and Kummel?
-是的 -你的薪水多少
-Yes. -What is your salary?
大概2万9千元
lt’s almost 29,000.
可以说得精确一点吗
Could you be more specific?
年薪是2万8千2百元
l make $28,200.
2万8千2百元
28,200.
你是我听过 唯一在成功路上走下坡的
You’re the only person who’s working his way down the ladder of success.
反对 庭上 我要求原告律师最后一句不列入记录
Objection. Your Honor, l ask that counsel’s last remark be stricken.
同意
Sustained.
你是否被前任雇主开除
ls it true you were fired from your previous job?
-我是被资遣的 -可否告诉庭上为何被资遣
-l was let go. -Will you tell us why you were let go?
因为我不同意公♥司♥政策
There was a difference of opinion in policy.
该公♥司♥是否因为你的怠忽 丢掉一位重要客户
ls it true your agency lost a major account due to your negligence?
反对
Objection!
庭上 我只是想 证实证人的就业记录
l’m trying to establish the witness’s employment record.
他不能长♥期♥工作
He cannot hold a job.
反对无效 尚纳希先生
l’ll allow it, Mr. Shaunessy.
广♥告♥客户中途改变主意
lt’s not unusual in advertising for a client…
换广♥告♥公♥司♥并不少见–
…to change his mind and go elsewhere–
你是否曾在 一次重要报告中途离席
Was it true you walked out on a client during a major presentation…
说你和一位老师有约
…saying that you had an appointment with a teacher?
坐我儿子旁边的小孩又打他又咬他
My son was sitting next to a kid who was hitting and biting.
-是或不是 -是 但他咬我的小孩
-Yes or no? -Yes, but he bit my kid.
去年春天 你是否误了 史西洋航♥空♥的截稿日
Last spring, did you miss a deadline on the Mid-Atlantic account…
致使贵公♥司♥不仅蒙羞
…causing your company a great deal of embarrassment…
还必须付出巨额赔偿
…and considerable financial liability?
那天我得回家 我儿子发高烧
On that day l had to go home because my child was sick.
克莱默先生 你有没有误了截稿日
Did you or did you not miss a deadline?
-我儿子生病了 -请回答问题
-My son was sick. -Answer the question.
我是在回答 那不是”是”或”不是”那么简单
l’m trying to answer the question. lt’s not yes or no.
-是或不是 -他烧到华氏104度
-Yes or no? -He had a 1 04 temperature!
躺在那冒汗 我回家陪他
He’s lying there sweating! l go home to him!
克莱默先生 我要你停止 否则我判你藐视法庭
Mr. Kramer, l urge you to stop or l’ll have to hold you in contempt.
我误了截稿日
l missed the deadline.
-你是否自认脾气很坏 -不是
-Do you have a violent temper? -No.
-反对 -我收回这个问题
-Objection. -l withdraw the question.
-你自认是称职负责的父亲吗 -是的
-Do you consider yourself a fit parent? -Yes, l do.
那你的孩子是否在你的看顾下 几乎瞎了一只眼睛
ls it true your child nearly lost an eye while in your care?
-反对 -反对无效
-Objection. -Overruled.
克莱默先生 回答问题
Answer the question.
我们当时在游戏场 他在攀登架–
He was in the playground, on the jungle gym–
在你看顾下 几乎瞎了一只眼睛
And fell and nearly lost an eye while in your care.
他摔下来受了伤
He fell and cut himself.
你是否告诉你前妻
ls it true you told your ex-wife…
你应为他这次受伤破相负责
…you were responsible for the injury that disfigured your child?
你最近是否对她说
Did you tell her:
“事情发生时我觉得很罪恶 我觉得都是我的错”
“When it happened l felt guilty. l felt it was my fault”?
-反对 -庭上 我问完了
-Objection! -l have concluded my questions.
泰德
Ted?
泰德
Ted?
很抱歉我两个月前 向他提过那次意外
l’m sorry. l mentioned the accident to him two months ago…
我根本没想到他会提出来
…and l never thought he would bring it up, never.
相信我
Believe me.
如果我知道他会那样 我绝不会提
l never would have mentioned it if l thought he’d pull a thing like that.
我很抱歉
l’m sorry.
我
l’m….
泰德
Ted.
-嗨 -我帮你
-Hi. -Hi. Here, let me help you.
有消息吗
Heard anything yet?
随时会有结果 我的律师说没消息就是好消息
Any day. My lawyer says no news is good news.
-猜怎么了 -怎么了
-Guess what. -What?
查理和我谈到复合的事
Charley and l are talking about getting back together.
真的 他打电♥话♥给你了
Really? Did he finally call you?
没有 我打给他的
No, l called him.
为什么
How come?
我不知道 开庭后我想了很多
l don’t know. l got to thinking about a lot of things since the trial.
总之
And….
我不认为会成功 但他似乎想要
l don’t think it’ll work out, but he seems to want it.
那很棒 你觉得怎么样
That’s terrific. How do you feel?
我不知道 有点怕吧 我想
l don’t know. l feel scared, l guess.
-嗨 -嗨
-Hi. -Hi.
我输了
l lost.
我说不出我有多遗憾
l can’t tell you how sorry l am.
发生什么事
What happened?
法官完全偏向母亲那一方
The judge went for motherhood right down the line.
经裁定原告获得 小孩的监护权
“Ordered and decreed that the petitioner be awarded custody…
从1月23日 周一起生效
…effective Monday, the 23rd of January…
被告须给付小孩 每月四百元照顾养育费
…that the respondent pay for the support of the child, $400 a month.
父亲有以下时间的探视权
The father shall have the following visitation rights:
在双方同意下 隔周周末 每周一夜
Every other weekend, one night a week to be mutually agreed upon…
外加小孩假期的一半
…and one half of the child’s vacation period.”
-就这样了 -如果我不服呢
-That’s it. -What if l fight it?
我不能保证什么
l can’t guarantee anything.
我愿意赌一赌
l’ll take my chances.
-会很花钱的 -我不在乎 我会付费的
-lt’ll cost you. -l’ll pay anything.
听好 我得告诉你一件事
Look, Ted, l have to tell you something.
这次是比利要付出代价
This time it’ll be Billy that pays.
我得传唤比利当证人
l’ll have to put him on the stand.
我不能这么做
l can’t do that.
不 我不要那样
No, l don’t want to do that.
谢谢你 我要去散个步
Thanks very much for your time. l’m gonna take a walk.
泰德 是我
Ted? lt’s me.
泰德
Ted?
我听说了
l just heard.
请离开
Please go away.
你还好吗
Are you okay?
我想一个人静一下 玛格丽特
l just have to be by myself for a while, Margaret.
我不太懂
l don’t understand.
问题是 我和你妈咪 都想要你和我们住一起
The problem is your mom and l both want you to live with us.
所以我们决定去看一个人 就是法官
So that’s why we decided to go see this man, who is the judge…