These were two male voices.
哈兰喊道
Harlan shouted the phrase…
你去告诉她 不然我亲自去
You tell her or I will!
“你去告诉她
“You tell her
不然我亲自去”
or I will!”
想起来了吗
Bells ringing?
这不关你的事
That’s none of your business.
你别插手我的婚姻
You stay out of my marriage.
我了解我女儿 她会想要知道的
I know my daughter, and she would want to know.
我已经都写在这封给她的信里了
I’ve put all of it in this letter to her.
明天 她就能看到
Tomorrow, she gets it.
哈兰 我警告你
Harlan, I’m warning you.
-不 她有权知道 -别插手我的婚姻
– No, she deserves to know. – You stay out of my marriage.
她有权知道 你来告诉她
She deserves to know, and you’re gonna tell her.
-我绝不 -你去告诉她 不然我亲自去
– The hell I am! – You tell her or I will!
是的 我知道
Yes. I know.
是的
Yes.
哈兰终于下定决心要把他妈妈送到养老院
Harlan had finally decided to put his mom in a nursing home
琳达一直都反对这事
and Linda had always opposed that.
我想要等到
And I wanted to wait until we got back
我们回到波士顿再告诉琳达
to Boston, uh, to tell Linda,
免得大闹一场
so, to avoid a whole scene,
但是哈兰想让我当时就告诉她
and Harlan wanted me to tell her then.
就这事
That was it.
对不起 忘了
Sorry. Forgot.
房♥子
The house?
到得早 理查德说你在场
Early. Richard said you were there.
我确实来得早
I was at the house early.
为了见哈兰
To see Harlan?
为了见哈兰
To see Harlan.
是的
Yes.
你找哈兰什么事
What were you seeing Harlan about?
关于梅格的学费
It was just a mix-up with the, uh,
付款方面出了差错
the payment for Meg’s tuition.
我… 我…
I’m… I’m…
抱歉我要问细点
I’m sorry to press,
究竟是什么差错呢
but what kind of mix-up?
学校还没收到支票
Yeah, the school hasn’t got the check yet.
我不知道艾伦为什么没寄出
I don’t know why Alan didn’t mail it.
艾伦没寄出
Well, Alan didn’t mail it
是因为他发现有出入
because he caught a discrepancy.
艾伦的办公室一直都是按你的要求
Alan’s office has been wiring tuition directly to the school
把学费直接汇给学校的
as per your request.
但是负责你每年生活费的菲利斯办公室
But Phyllis’s office that handles your yearly allowance
也一直都在直接给你汇学费款
has been wiring tuition monies directly to you as well.
你一直都收着双份的梅格学费
You have been double-dipping Meg’s tuition
从我这偷钱
and stealing from me.
每年十万
$100,000 a year,
偷了四年
for the past four years.
哈兰 我不知道怎么会出这种差错
Harlan, I don’t know how this mix-up happened,
-但我发誓 -现在我给你开这张学费支票
– but I swear to God… – So, now I am writing this tuition check,
但是你要知道 这是你和梅格
but you must know that this is the last money
从我这拿到的最后一笔钱了
you or Meg will get from me.
别这样 你不了解…
Please, you don’t understand…
琼妮 我知道你会难受
Joni, I know it’ll hurt,
但这都是为了你们好
but it’s all for the best.
我心意已决
My mind’s made up.
是跟学校办公室之间
It was, uh, a money wiring issue
汇款出了差错
with the office at the school.
所以我让哈兰为这学期的学费开张支票
So I had to ask Harlan to cut a check for the semester.
没什么大事
No big deal.
好吧
Well…
我们还是
Why don’t we, uh,
先休息一下 然后再…
just take a little break and we’ll resu…
不…
Oh, no…
她走了
She’s gone.
理查德
Richard!
琼妮 你见到理查德了吗
Joni, have you seen Richard?
没有 警♥察♥刚问完我
No, I was, uh, just done with the, um…
好的 谢谢
Okay, thanks.
没见到
No.
该死 理查德
Damn it. Richard!
理查德
Richard?
混♥蛋♥
Son of a bitch.
可能我期望过高了
See, I might be a victim of my own expectation here,
但是当大名鼎鼎的贝努瓦·布兰克
but when the great Benoit Blanc
来敲我门的时候
comes knocking at my door,
我就期待着能有什么
I expect it’s going to be about something,
就算不离奇
if not extraordinary,
至少也是有趣的事
then at least interesting.
但是 恕我直言
But… I’m sorry,
这明摆着是一起自杀案
this is an open-and-shut case of suicide
说实话 贝尼 我们得谈谈
and, uh, quite frankly, Benny, we’re getting to the point
我们究竟是在干什么
where I need to know what we’re doing here.
自杀方式
The method?
割喉
Throat slit?
是典型的自杀方式吗
Typical for a suicide?
是 我知道 是有点夸张
Yes, I mean, that’s dramatic.
但是你看看周围
But look around.
老爷子简直是活在推理游戏中
I mean, the guy practically lives in a Clue board.
拜托 贝尼 跟我说说行吗
Come on, Benny, talk to me, all right?
你让我把所有人请回来
Now, you tell me to invite all of these people back
再问一遍 我懂
for questioning all over again. I get it.
我已经派人在这个郡
Listen, I’ve had boots on the ground
巡逻了好一阵了
in this county for a while now.
大家都跟表面上看起来差不多
People are generally what they seem to be.
凶手不在这家人中
You’re not gonna find murderers in this family.
这家人家庭和睦
This is a pleasant family
偶尔争吵
with the usual quarrels,
但是没有杀人动机
but no possible motives for murder.
你要去哪
Where are you going?
哈兰·斯隆贝的护士 玛塔…
Harlan Thrombey’s nurse. Marta…
-卡布瑞拉 -玛塔·卡布瑞拉
– Cabrera. – Marta Cabrera.
-卡布瑞拉小姐 请在里面等 -这边请
– Miss Cabrera, you can just wait inside… – Please.
-我们很快就… -卡布瑞拉小姐
– and we’ll be with you in… – Miss Cabrera.
我做了一点调查
I’ve been doin’ a little pokin’.
你是一名注册护士
You were hired on a part-time basis
在这里兼♥职♥ 对吗
as a registered nurse, yes?
是的 我没有加入家访护士协会
Yes. I don’t work for a VNA.
直接受雇于哈兰
Harlan hired me directly.
请坐吧
Take a seat, please.
你拿的是固定工资
And you’re paid a flat rate
一周工作几小时
for how many hours a week?
最初每周十五小时 后来他…
Well, I started at 15, and then he…
他需要更多帮助
He needed more help.
医疗方面的吗
Medical help?
他需要一个朋友
He needed a friend.
有善心就能成为好护士吗
Does having a kind heart make you a good nurse?
好了 布兰克 你不能…
All right, Blanc, I mean, this is…
知道了 玛塔 我们刚说到
Yeah, yeah. Marta? We were just discussing
家庭成员是否有杀人动机
possible motives in the family.
我猜哈兰应该会对你坦言
I suspect that Harlan has told you
每个人的真实情况
much unfiltered truth about each of ’em.
根据我所掌握的信息
And a little bird has told me,
该怎么委婉地表达呢
how shall I put this delicately…
说谎会使你产生
You have a regurgitative reaction
反胃反应
to mistruthin’.
谁告诉你的
Who told you that?
是真的吗
Is it true?
是的
Yes.
我从小就这样