你记得莉迪亚 对不对
You remember Lydia, don’t you?
-嗯 -穿点衣服
-Yeah. -Why don’t you put something on?
我有穿衣服 他不介意的 对吧
I have something on. He doesn’t mind. Do you?
瞧 他喜欢
-See? He likes it.
-什么事 -忍♥冬餐厅
-What? -Woodbine.
快进来
Oh, come on in.
这边
Over here.
玉米呢
Where’s the corn?
对不起 今天玉米没了
I’m sorry, ma’am. We’re out of corn today.
老天爷啊
Jesus Christ!
现金或签帐
Cash or credit? Ha!
我用签的
No, I’ll sign for her.
也许你能留个一两口给小亚伦
Perhaps you could spare one or two bites to young Aaron here.
不 真的 我不用
Oh, no. Really, I couldn’t.
等亚伦像我一样方式 为三餐而干活时 他就有得吃了
When young Aaron works for his meal the way I did, he can have some.
-那不会可行的 -跟你 谁晓得呢
-That wouldn’t be feasible, would it? -With you, who knows?
哦
Uh…
我来的目的是
the reason I came is
不知道你要不要买♥♥我的雪茄束带收藏
I was wondering if you’d like to buy my cigar-band collection.
-你的雪茄束带收藏 -对 你似乎有兴趣
-Your cigar-band collection? -You were the only one who seemed interested.
我懂了 但为何这么突然 急着想卖♥♥掉这收藏品
I see, but why this sudden desire to sell off this prize possession?
我有点缺钱 所以
Well, I’m kind of low on money, so…
-加入俱乐部吧 -他们想要把我赶出去
-Join the club. -They’re trying to lock me out.
谁
Who?
经营旅馆的银行
The bank that runs the hotel.
我以为是德索先生经营这旅馆的
I thought Mr. Desot ran the hotel.
德索先生跟我说如果我不付些钱
Well, Mr. Desot told me if I didn’t pay some money…
银行就要赶我出去
the bank was gonna lock me out.
我告诉你怎么办 你明天下午再过来
I’ll tell you what: Come around tomorrow afternoon…
我们再去找德索先生谈
and we’ll have a word with Mr. Desot.
真的
Really?
-你说真的 -我说真的 亚伦
-You mean it? -I mean it.
-谢谢 -行了
-Thank you. -Yeah, right.
-非常感谢 -不客气
-Thanks a lot. -You’re welcome.
那么明天见了
Good. All right. We’ll see you tomorrow, then.
-拜 -拜
-Bye. -Good-bye.
怎么
What?
“亲爱的内森 发生了件重大事情
“Dear Nathan, something important has come up…
我不得不告诉你
that I must tell you about.
沙利文班上的孩童似乎曝露在
It seems that some time ago, the children in Sullivan’s class…
一种叫作肾盒热的新疾病当中
were exposed to a new disease called “kidney box fever.”
初期几个月内不会出现症状
The symptoms don’t show up for a few months…
此种疾病利用输血 就能轻而易举地治好
and the disease can be cured quite easily with a blood transfusion…
利用亲人的血 尤其是手足
from a relative, especially a brother.
因此 我认为最好 您能立刻送沙利文回家
Therefore, I think it’s best if you send Sullivan home…
趁还有希望之际
right away, while there’s still hope.
敬祝安康 埃里克”
Best regards, Eric.”
莱斯特
Lester? Mrs….
你要出去
You goin’ out?
嗯 出去一会
Yeah. For a minute.
往前走 开门
Move, move. Get the door.
嘿 莱斯特
Hey! Lester!
-快点上车 -就像我说的 我逮到他了 这个小犹太佬
-Come on, get in! -I got him, just like I said, the little Yid.
还有你 你最好自个儿当心点
And you better watch yourself.
因为我们要清理这一带的脏东西
We’re cleaning up all the dirt around here.
我有东西得交给他
I got something of his I oughta give him.
-我说上车 -我为什么不能还给他
-I said get in! -Why can’t I give it to him?
-我应该要还的 -还吧
-It’s his. I oughta give it back. -Go ahead.
-迅速点 -拿去
-Make it snappy. -Here.
这是你的刀子
Here’s your knife, eh?
多谢了
Thanks a lot.
-进去 -快点
-Get in! -Come on.
我们走
Let’s go.
嘿
Hey!
出来把工具捡好 我们就算扯平
Come back and pick up them tools, and we’ll call it even.
我们走吧 我知道你在里面
Let’s go! I know you’re in there.
不公平 还不到三天
It’s not fair! It hasn’t been three days yet.
赖帐者哪会差个一两天
So what’s a day or two to a deadbeat?
-我要跟德索先生说 -你要怎么说呢
-I’m gonna tell Mr. Desot. -How you gonna do that?
飞鸽传书吗
Homing pigeon?
-蒙戈先生会跟他谈的 -蒙戈先生
-Mr. Mungo’s gonna talk to him. -Mr. Mungo?
他连叫忍♥冬餐厅送食物来都叫不起了
He can’t even get the Woodbine to bring him food no more.
我看他差不多跟你一样完蛋了
I’d say he’s almost as bad off as you are.
你迟早得出来的
You’re gonna have to come out of there eventually.
我就坐在外面的椅子上等
Me, I’ll just be out there in my chair…
一天吃三餐 直到你出来
eating three meals a day till you do…
除非你现在就想投降
unless you wanna surrender right now.
不
No!
我会盯住你的
I’ll be seeing you.
喂
Hello?
蒙戈先生
Mr. Mungo?
喂
Hello?
这是KMLX电台
This is KMOX, the voice of…
亚伦 供你收藏 Y·L·蒙戈 留
谢谢
Thank you.
“当然相当漂亮 你会忘记他那次跑垒的表现吗”
“他又准备跑了 在第一次滚地球”
And now, ready to go again, Pepper Martin…
里面怎样啊
How’s it goin’ in there?
你好 比利 你好 亚伦
“Hello, Billy.” “Hello, Aaron.”
你好吗
“How are you?”
我很好
“I’m fine.”
你今天午餐吃了什么
“What did you have for lunch today?”
我吃了鲽鱼片
“I had filet of sole.”
哦
“Oh.”
你吃了什么
“What did you have?”
我吃了一个餐包
“I had a dinner roll…
还有一些开水
and some water.”
不
No.
嗯 火腿
Yeah, ham.
混♥蛋♥
Bastard.
混♥蛋♥
Bastard! Son of a…
王
Son of a bitch!
王八蛋
Shit! Son of a bitch!
内森叔叔一收到爸的信 就赶紧送我回来
Uncle Nathan sent me when he got Dad’s letter.
-他自杀了 -嗯
-He killed himself? -Mm-hmm.
就在走廊对面
Right across the hall.
天啊
Gee.
麦克肖恩一家搬去伊利诺州了
And the McShanes moved to Illinois…
山德士先生住在一处胡佛村
and Mr. Sandoz is living in a Hooverville.
你是唯一剩下的人吗
So you’re the only person left?
很接近
Pretty much.
我必须告诉你一件事
I have to tell you something.
什么事
What?
等一下 把手伸出来一点点
Okay. Wait. Move your hand out a little.
试试看
Now try it.
很好 手继续摆在地上
That’s pretty good. You kept your hand on the ground.
你的指关节得在下面
But you gotta get your knuckles down like that.
手臂要扭一下
You really gotta twist your arm.
太快出手了
That was fast, but…
嘘 嘘
Shh.
亚伦 为什么 为什么
Aaron! Why do you… Wh… Why do y…
沙利文
Sullivan?
爸
Dad!
沙利文 你怎么在这里
Sullivan, what are you doing here?
你在这里做什么
What are you doing here?
-内森叔叔 -说来话长
-Uncle Nathan said… -That’s sort of a long story.
算了 晚点再说吧
Oh, never mind. Tell me later.
看见你们俩真好
It’s so good to see you both.
我就知道你能照顾好自己的 知道我为什么回家吗
I knew you could take care of yourselves. You know why I came home?
因为我得到了那份WPA工作
Because I’ve got the WPA job.
-我是一等职员 -太好了
-I’m a clerk, first-class. -Great! Wow!