请上台
Please come forward…
亚伦·柯兰德
Aaron Kurlander.
是你啊 亚伦 你赢 快上台
That’s you, Aaron. You won. Go on up.
每一位乔治·杜威♥海♥军上将 成就奖的得主
Each winner of the Admiral George Dewey Award for Achievement…
都可以形容为
could be described…
勤奋
as hardworking…
富创造性和诚实
creative, and honest…
亚伦·柯兰德也不例外
and Aaron Kurlander is no exception.
他提供我们大家
He serves as both an example…
一个好榜样及勉励
and an inspiration to us all.
谢谢你 亚伦
Thank you, Aaron.
你喜不喜欢
Well, how do you like it?
-什么 -车子啊 你喜不喜欢这车子
-What? -The car. How do you like the car?
很宽阔 很庞大 是谁的
Oh, it’s colossal. Stupendous. Whose is it?
什么话嘛 是我的
What do you mean? It’s mine.
-你怎弄到手的 -你晓得的嘛
-How’d you get it? -Well, you know.
你去比利啥的家派对之后要干嘛
Anyway, what are you doing after this party at Billy what’s-his-name’s?
与克莉丝汀娜·赛巴斯丁共进晚餐
Dinner with Christina Sebastian.
哇 真正的约会啊
Wow! A real date, huh?
已经全身上下都摸遍了吗
You got all your moves polished up?
-莱斯特 她不是那种女孩子 -好的
-Lester, look, she’s not that kind of girl. -Oh, okay.
-亚伦 我可以看看你的奖章吗 -当然可以
-Hey, Aaron, can I see your medal? -Yeah, sure.
谢谢
Oh. Thanks.
-嗨 -嗨
-Hi. -Hi.
我刚在想说不知道你想不想跳舞
I was just wondering if you’d like to dance.
好啊
Sure.
你以前曾跳过舞吗
Have you ever danced before?
一次 但跳得不太好
Once, but it didn’t go too well.
非常简单的 别担心
Well, it’s very simple. Don’t worry.
I’m lonesome and blue but when I look at you
恭喜你得了奖
Congratulations on your award.
哦 谢谢
Oh, yeah, thank you.
载你走的那男孩是谁
Who was that boy that dropped you off?
哦 那是莱斯特
Oh, that was Lester.
他有时候会照顾我
He kind of takes care of me sometimes.
我懂了
I see.
你父母愿意和我们一起用餐吗
Will your parents be joining us for dinner?
不 不可能
No. That’s, uh… that’s impossible.
-他们有去看毕业典礼吗 -不 他们没有
-Were they at graduation? -No, they weren’t.
他们出远门吗
Are they away?
-差不多吧 -哪里
-Sort of. -Where?
我真的不能说
I can’t really say.
你不知道他们在哪里 他们没告诉你吗
You don’t know where they are? Don’t they tell you?
他们不能 真的
Well, they’re not able to… exactly.
但他们可以打电♥话♥来 是不是 或者写信给你 只要他们
But they could just call, couldn’t they, or write to you if they…
他们失踪了
They’re missing.
他们失踪了 什么意思
They’re missing? What do you mean?
我父母是考古学家 他们外出远行
Well, uh, my parents are archaeologists, and they were on an expedition…
有一阵子没人有他们的消息 所以我猜想他们失踪了
and nobody’s heard from them in a while, so I guess they’re missing.
我很遗憾
Oh, I’m sorry.
希望他们平安无事 有人去找他们吗
I hope they’re okay. Are people looking for them?
嗯 有一支搜索队
Yeah, there’s a search party and everything.
我没那么忧虑 他们失踪过许多次了
I’m not that worried. They’ve been lost lots of times.
If I had a girl like you
不介意的话 我需要坐下来一会儿
I need to sit down for a moment, if you don’t mind.
没问题
Sure.
怎么了
What’s the matter?
亚伦刚告诉我他父母远行时失踪了
Aaron just told me his parents are missing on an expedition!
我的成绩也一样好
My grades were just as good…
人人都知道他们会把奖 颁给老师的宠物
but everyone knew they were going to give the award to the teacher’s pet.
所有女孩子都同情他 因为他需要救济
Then all the girls feel sorry for him because he’s a charity case.
真是个伪君子 你有看见他那装扮吗
What a phony! And did you see that outfit?
自从马戏团来过之后 我没看过那么好笑的衣服
I haven’t seen clothes that funny since the circus was here.
根本不像是他的衣服
They don’t even look like they’re his.
我哥说每年都有像他这样的穷小孩
My brother says there’s a poor kid like him every year…
总是得到特殊待遇
and they always get special treatment.
你有听说亚伦父母的事吗
Did you hear about Aaron…
他们在远行时失踪了
They’re lost on an expedition.
亚伦 沃尔特·恩明斯说
Say, Aaron, Walter Eamons said…
贝蒂哈斯金提到 你父母在猎老虎时
that Betty Haskins said that your parents…
被土人给俘虏了
were captured by natives on a tiger hunt.
我以为你父亲 是替政♥府♥开飞机的驾驶员
But I thought your father was a pilot flying for the government.
抱歉 我得借用一下你的厕所
Excuse me. I have to use your bathroom.
-亚伦 -亚伦 恭喜
-Aaron! -Aaron, congratulations!
谢谢 抱歉
Thank you. Excuse me.
你毕业了吗
Did you graduate?
是的
Yeah.
我有东西送你
Got somethin’ for you.
真的
Really?
他日我会教你怎么吹泡泡
Someday I’ll teach you how to pop.
谢谢
Thanks.
309号♥房♥住户
但我父亲说他付了东西 可以抵扣我们帐单17美元
But my father said he paid a $17 credit on our bill.
没错 但那无法平衡没付的
That’s true, Aaron, but that still leaves an unpaid balance…
172美元
of $172.
表是能令银行方面缓个一星期
The watch held the bank off for a week or so…
但现在他们要采取行动
but now they’re gonna take action.
三天 德索先生 我父亲在堪萨斯州
Three days, Mr. Desot. My father’s out in Kansas.
-我不清楚哪里 -我了解
-I don’t even know where. -I understand…
但我也无能为力
but there’s nothing I can do about it.
我从柜台干起 在这间旅馆干了25年
I spent 25 years in this hotel. Started off as a clerk.
现在由银行作主
Now the bank gives the orders.
但你可以打给他们
But you could call and tell them…
告诉他们我父亲有工作 但他出外旅行 对吧
my father has a job but he’s traveling, right?
他们漠不关心我怎么说
They simply don’t care what I have to say about this.
我没有权力
I don’t have any power.
他们想赶走三楼的每一个人
They wanna get rid of everyone on the third floor…
把房♥间租给舞厅小姐
and just rent rooms to the dancehall girls.
才有钱收
That’s where the money is.
他们只关心钱
All they care about is the money
我建议你
I would suggest that you…
连络你住最近的亲戚 看看他们是否能帮忙
contact your nearest relative and see if they can’t help.
对不起
I’m… I’m sorry.
嘿 妈
Hey, Mom?

Mom?
柯兰德太太在上面吗
Um, is Mrs. Kurlander up there?
亚伦
Aaron?

Hi.
不敢相信是你
I can’t believe it’s you.
我好高兴见到你
I’m so glad to see you.
我想你
I miss you.
怎样 你好吗
So? How are you?
你有爸的消息吗
Have you heard anything from Dad?
他从奥克拉荷马州寄了张明信片给我
He sent me a postcard from Oklahoma.
他说车子抛锚了
He said the car broke down.
-为什么 一切还好吗 -嗯
-Why? Is everything all right? -Yeah.
一切都很好 我只是想知道他在哪里
Yeah, everything’s fine. I was just wondering where he was.
你想你几时会回家来呢
When do you think you’ll be coming home?
医生说这场所比他预料的还要早关闭
The doctor said the spot is closing much sooner than he expected.
他们几时会让你出来
When are they gonna let you out?
我不清楚确切时间 不过快了
I don’t know exactly, but soon.
嘿 山德士先生
Hey, Mr. Sandoz!
山德士先生
Mr. Sandoz!
是我亚伦
It’s me… Aaron!
停止使用
我认为说他完全自恋是种误解
I really think there’s a misconception that he’s totally in love with himself…
毕竟他有交过一个女朋友 名叫爱可
because after all, he did have a girlfriend… named Echo.
-爱可 -爱可
Echo. -Echo.

Who is it?
是我 亚伦
It’s me… Aaron.
-哦 亚伦 -嗨
-Ah, Aaron. -Hi.
-我在想说 -进来 进来
-I was just wondering… -Come in, come in.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!