What happens if you get both?
拥有两份工作提议 将是我们最不需要烦恼的问题
Having two job offers will be the least of our problems, believe me.
这汤你怎么煮的 很好喝
How do you make this soup? This is good soup.
-这次比较咸 -味道不错
-It’s saltier this time. -It’s tasty.
-嗯 相当好喝 -好喝
-Yeah. Pretty good. -It’s good.
你是说实话
You were telling the truth.
当然
But of course.
据我所知 你跟许多人保证过许多事情
For all I know, you promise lots of things to lots of people.
据你所知
For all you know…
那是真的
that’s true.
我通常
I usually operate…
在只收现金的基本原则下才做 我现在破了例
on a cash-only basis. I’m making an exception.
我明白
I understand.
你有姓吗
You got a name?
瑟迈勒斯
Thomiros.
瑟迈勒斯先生
Mr. Thomiros.
那是哪种姓氏啊
What kind of name is that?
希腊
Greek.
亚伦 我
Aaron, I, uh…
我想要你知道我照你所说的地址
I just wanted you to know I put your address…
填入学校记录中了
into the records the way you told me.

Oh.
好的 谢谢
Okay. Thanks.
嘿 过来
Hey! Hey! Come here!
过来 你这小驴蛋
Come here, you little bohunk.
你不知道你惹上了什么样的麻烦
You don’t know what trouble you’re in.
你说你老头把车停在停车场
You told me your old man parks his car in a parking lot.
那边那辆是什么 你说那是什么
What is that right over there?
你说那是什么 我们要拖走
What do you call that?
-那不可能是我爸的车 -我是骗子吗
-That can’t be my father’s. -Oh, so I’m a liar now?
让我告诉你一件事
Let me tell you something.
我知道那是你♥爸♥的车 我要给他开张大条的罚单
I know that’s your father’s car, and I’m gonna give him a ticket…
不可能啦 他停在戴维森房♥子后面的巷子里
It can’t be. He parked in the alley behind the Davidson house.
啊哈
Aha!
笨死了 笨死了
Stupid, stupid!
莱斯特 听着
Lester, look. The Repleviners.
-伯恩斯那个告密者 告诉他们福特车在哪了 -哪里
-Burns told them where the Ford is. -Where is it?
戴维森房♥子后面的巷子里 我没有钥匙
Behind the Davidson house, but I don’t have the keys.
-来吧 -车子没油
-Come on. -It doesn’t have gas!
-快点 -好
-Come on! -All right.
怎么 你要推吗 上车
What, you gonna push? Get in.
踩刹车 踩刹车
All right, hit the brake. Hit the brakes!
踩刹车 亚伦 踩刹车
Hit the brakes, Aaron. Hit the brake.
踩刹车 踩刹车
Hit the brakes! Hit the brakes!
可恶
Shit.
小心
Watch out!
抓到你了
Gotcha!
吓到你了
Scared ya?
看看我找到什么
Look what I found.
-爸 -亚伦
-Dad. -Aaron.
-你不要 -我得给你看样东西
-You’re not gonna believe this. -I have to show you something.
-伯恩斯巡警 -这边 看一下 这里
-Patrolman Burns… -This way. Come have a look.
你看
Watch it.
我跟你说过它们是最棒的 嗯哼
I told you they were the best, huh?
是不是很美 那是国王的赎金 你看这个
Aren’t they beautiful? It’s a king’s ransom. Look at this.
这里 有汉密尔顿钟表公♥司♥总裁的签名
Here. Signed by the president of the Hamilton Watch Company…
声明我是爱荷华州 堪萨斯州 和奥克拉荷马州的代理商
stating I’m an official representative for Iowa, Kansas, and Oklahoma.
密苏里州呢
What about Missouri?
我没得到我要求的这块区域
I didn’t get the territory I asked for.
但是你知道 乞丐没得挑
But you know, beggars can’t be choosers.
你现在就要离开
You leaving right now?
别担心 我全安排妥当了
Don’t you worry. I’ve got it all arranged.
大部份的表都只是展示品
You see, most of the watches are just display models.
里头是空的
They don’t have any works inside.
我拿了两只会走的 一只给忍♥冬餐厅的曼尼
But I took two who had works, and I gave one to Manny at the Woodbine…
因此在打烊之前
so by the end of the day,
你只要走进去 他们就会给你一顿丰盛的晚餐
you just walk in and they give you a nice big dinner.
不会是烤牛肉 是像肝香肠那种健康食物
It won’t be roast beef, but something healthy like liverwurst.
另一只我给了德索
The other one I gave to Desot…
他给我们的帐单抵扣了17美元
and he gave us $17 credit on our bill.
只要我们付一点点东西 他们就不会骚扰我们
You see, as long as you pay them a little something, they won’t bother us.
这儿有25美分供你零花
And here is 25 cents for spending money.
给你 拿去
There you go. Here.
你会错过毕业典礼的
You’re gonna miss graduation.
亚伦 你知道
Aaron, you know…
我当然想参加
of course I want to be there…
看着你拿到毕业证书
seeing you getting your diploma.
但我没有选择余地
But I have no choice.
我周一一早就必须赶到爱荷华州达文波特
I have to be in Davenport, Iowa, first thing Monday morning.
你可以去看沙利文
You can see Sullivan!
-嘿 我想给他一些弹珠 -不 不 我不会去
-I wanna give him some marbles. -No. No, I won’t.
基奥卡克市不在我的路线中
Keokuk isn’t on my route.
他们教我地图上各地趴趴走
They have me spread out all over the map.
-你知道你什么时候会回来吗 -说不准
-You know when you’re gonna be back? -I just can’t tell.
但我会尽快回来 因为我会很担心
But I’ll be back as soon as I can, because I’ll be very worried.
有没有哪个地方我可以写信给你呢
Is there any place I can write to you?
万一我需要连络你什么事的话
What happens if I need to get in touch with you for something?
我猜是没有
I guess there isn’t.
我会穿梭各个乡镇之间
I’ll be moving from town to town.
你母亲这时候刚好病了真是倒楣
It’s bad luck your mother is sick just now.
我应该延后此事 不过你晓得工作的情形
I should put this off, but you know how jobs are.
他们不会让你离开的
They’re not gonna let you leave with that.
德索说只要我让他们检查 就能够带走几样东西
Mr. Desot said I could take a few things, as long as I let them inspect it.
毕竟我付了他们17美元嘛
After all, I paid them $17.
嘿 送我走到车子那里
Hey, walk me over to the car.
车子
The car!
幸好你们救了这辆车
Lucky for me, you boys saved the car.
否则我就走不成了
Otherwise I wouldn’t have been able to go.

Yeah.
我本应该载你回去
Well, I’d drive you back…
但我不能让新车主看见我
but I can’t let the Repleviners see me.
听我说 亚伦 你会没事的
Listen to me, Aaron. You’re going to be okay.
你是个聪明男孩 你非常聪明
You’re a smart boy. You’re very smart.
我告诉你你有多聪明
I tell you how smart you are.
你未满周岁的时候
When you were less than a year old,
你母亲人在疗养院里
your mother was in the sanitarium with consumption…
夜夜哭个不停
and you would cry every night.
头几次我一抱起你 你就不哭了
The first few times, I picked you up, and you stopped,
我了解到你想要获得注意
so I realized you wanted attention.
所以下一次你再哭的时候 我拿了一杯冷水 站在婴儿床边
So the next time, I got a glass of cold water and stood over the crib…
然后说 “这是一杯冷水 别再哭了 否则你会后悔莫及”
and I said, “This is a glass of cold water. Stop crying, or you’ll be sorry.”
但你还是继续哭 我把水倒在你脸上
But you kept crying, so I poured the water in your face…
你就不哭了
and you stopped crying just like that.
从那时候起 当你哭的时候 我只要
From then on, when you cried, all I had to do…
给你看一杯水 你就不哭了
was show you the glass of water, and you’d stop crying.
你就是那样地聪明
Now, that’s a smart baby for you, eh?
你日后会有所作为的
You be a mensch.

Hmm?
后来被一匹木马给戏弄了
And then to be fooled by a wooden horse.
木马
A wooden horse!
亚伦 你好
Oh, Aaron. Hello.
谢谢
Thank you.
进来吧
Come in.
进来 莉迪亚 这是亚伦
Come in. Lydia, this is Aaron.
-亚伦 这是莉迪亚 -你好
-Aaron, Lydia. -Hello.
莉迪亚为旅馆做事
Lydia, uh, works for the hotel.
不是吗 莉迪亚
Don’t you, Lydia?
你是做什么的
Uh, what is it that you do?
她在客服部门 很困难的工作
She’s in the customer service department. It’s difficult work.
不过收入优渥
But it pays well.
总是开放给具有某种

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!