What do I get?
你能得到我的关照
You get on my good side.
-哦 亚伦 -嘿 蒙戈先生
-Ah, Aaron. -Hey, Mr. Mungo.
看来本兄弟选了你充当跑腿
I see Brother Ben has drafted you into service.
是的 先生
Yes, sir.
你喜欢这手杖
You like this cane?
嗯 真的超漂亮的
Yeah, it’s really superb.
是用犀牛的腿骨制成的 花了我100美元
Made from the leg bone of a rhinoceros. Cost me a hundred dollars.
-100美元 -好多年前了
-A hundred dollars? -Years ago…
当时像我这样的人 曾用纸币去点燃雪茄
when people like me were using currency to light their cigars.
说到这点
Speaking of which…
你的雪茄束带收藏得怎样了
how’s your cigar band collection coming?
相当不错
Pretty good.
我会替你注意的
I’ll keep an eye out for you.
谢谢
Thanks.
-再见 亚伦 -再见
-Good-bye, Aaron. -Good-bye.
他回来了
Ah, here he is.
嗨
Hi.
-怎么了 -你母亲有
-What’s wrong? -Well, your mother has…
埃里克
Eric.
一个
A…
专家说我必须
the specialist said I have to go back…
回疗养院一阵子
to the sanitarium for a while.
但他非常乐观
But he was very optimistic.
他说我可能只需待个
He said I might only have to stay there…
一两个月
a month or two.
我只是很担心 你一个人在这里
I’m just worried about you being here all alone.
你在说什么呀
What are you talking about?
他不会一个人 我会在这陪他的
He won’t be alone. I’ll be here with him.
我只是很担心
I’m just worried about…
谁来照顾你
who’s going to take care of you.
他懂得照顾自己的 你想等 我们也等了
He knows how to take care of himself, but you wanted to wait, so we did.
我们应该6点前就到那儿 你晓得有多远的
But we’re to be there by 6:00. You know how far it is.
你可以
You can, um…
你可以每周日来探望我
You can come visit me every Sunday.
头两星期不行 但之后就行了
Not the first two, but after that.
他们不会让他进去 你晓得他们有多严格的
They won’t let him inside. You know how strict they are.
-你要去哪里 -跟她道别啊
-Where are you going? -I’m gonna say good-bye to her.
-你刚道过了呀 -那不算真正的道别
-You just did! -That wasn’t a real one.
你晓得你母亲有多么情绪化
You know how emotional your mother gets.
你不想搞得惊天动地吧
You don’t want to make a big scene, do you?
哼嗯
Huh?
好的 大男孩
Okay. Big boy.
幸运的混♥蛋♥
Lucky bastard!
该死 削球
Damn, slice!
哦 在这儿
Oh, here we go.
帮我清洁一下这颗球好吗 小鬼
Say, clean this ball off for me, will you, sonny?
嘿
Hey!
怎么去那么久
What’s taking so long over there?
-请恕我失陪一下 -小鬼
-Excuse me a second, please. -Sonny!
把该死的球丢给我
Throw me the goddamn ball!
你没有把球放进木桨吗
Didn’t you put the ball in the paddle?
没有 我放进那里面
No, I put it in there.
好极了
Superb.
这小子想对我做什么呀 你想他拿得动铁杆吗
What’s this kid trying to do to me? He keeps handing me niblicks.
难怪我会高飞球
No wonder I’m high ball.
你弄丢了我的三美元小白球
And now you’ve lost my three-dollar Kro-Flite.
现在我可能会打偏了
Now I’ll probably miss the damn putt!
不必担心
Don’t worry about it.
-我怎么知道该 -我说了不必担心
-How was I supposed to know? -I said don’t worry about it.
回家去 这个我来处理
Go home. I’ll take care of this.
赚钱还有别种方法
There’s other ways to make money.
“轻松自在的广播时刻”
A transcribed moment of perfect ease.
“今天与比尔共进午餐 他希望我们周四一块出去”
Lunched with Bill, honey He wants us to come out Thursday
“我不想去 我们得搭街车”
I don’t want to. We have to go on the streetcar.
“是的 夫人 似乎经济萧条”
Yes, Your Ladyship. It seems there was a depression.
“不好 走上那山丘路途遥远”
That isn’t fair. It’s that long walk up that hill.
-有人在吗 -谁 艾拉
-Hello? -Who is it? Ella.
嗨
Hi.
嗨
Hi.
不知道我可不可以 看看你的金丝雀雏鸟
Um, I was wondering if I could see your baby canaries.
它们还没孵出来
They haven’t hatched yet.
孵出来的时候我可以来看吗
Oh. Can I come see them when they do hatch?
当然可以
Sure.
谢谢
Thanks.
我
I… well…
你想吃热狗吗
Would you like to have a hot dog?
想听点音乐吗
Would you like to listen to some music?
好吧
Well…
我喜爱这首曲子
I love this song.
你想跳舞吗
Would you like to dance?
我吃饱后跳得比较好
I dance better on a full stomach.
快嘛 已经播放一半了
Come on. It’s halfway over already.
好吧
Okay.
你以前没跳过
You haven’t done this before.
没有
No.
噢
Uh…
-踩到我的脚了 -抱歉
-That was my foot. -Oh. Sorry.
没关系
It’s okay.
Never thought I’d fall
But now I hear love call
I’m getting sentimental over you
Things you say and do
Just thrill me through and through
艾拉 艾拉 麦克肖恩太太
Ella? Ella? Mrs. McShane!
麦克肖恩太太
Mrs. McShane!
亚伦 抬高她的头
Aaron, raise her head up.
这 嘘
Here. Shh.
嘘
Shh…
Won’t you please be kind
And just make up your mind
That you’ll be sweet and gentle
Be gentle to me
她会没事的
She’ll be all right.
对不起
I’m sorry.
我不是故意的 我发誓
I didn’t mean it, I swear…
亚伦 不是你的错
Oh, Aaron, it is not your fault.
艾拉很久没发作过了
Ella hasn’t had one of these in a long time.
是不是很可怕
Was it awful?
艾拉
Ella?
我想我们应该让亚伦离开了
We should let Aaron be on his way.
我只想知道我是否有做出可怕举动
I want to know if I did anything really bad.
你刚生病了 现在你好多了
You were sick, and now you’re better.
不是经常发生的
It doesn’t happen very often.
只有药吃完时才会
J-Just when we run out of medicine.
我必须回我房♥间去了
Well, I have to go back to my room.
你会再来拜访我吗
Will you come visit me again?
当然
Sure.
你保证
Promise?
我保证
Promise.
Krilby that new soap for the bath
presents a transcribed minute message”The Tip”
Just a minute boy till I open this suitcase
Put this bar of soap in the bath
Yes sir but the hotel furnishes bath soap
I’m not taking any chances
I carry Krilby soap Here’s a tip for you
-Thank you sir -And here’s another tip for you
Just try bathing with Krilby
And you’ll never go back to sissy soaps again
There’s a man who has discovered the secret of better bathing
亚伦 怎么拼
Aaron…
“经营者”
how do you spell “proprietor”?
P-R-O-P-R-I-E-T-O-R
P-R-O-P-R-I-E-T-O-R.
I-O-R
“I-O-R.”
那是什么
What is that anyway?
啊哈 给汉密尔顿钟表公♥司♥的履历表
Aha! This is the application form for the Hamilton Watch Company…
加上希德·古特曼先生的推荐书
with a personal recommendation from Mr. Sid Gutman.
比卖♥♥金丝雀要来的更实在 只是个形式罢了
It’s a bit more concrete than the canary business, I’m telling you. But it’s only a formality.
-这份工作早已笃定落入我口袋中了 -WPA工作怎么办
-I’ve got the job practically in my pocket. -What about the WPA job?
万一你两份都得到呢