弄臣就日渐憔悴
the fool hath much pined away.
别说了 我已经知道了
No more of that, I have noted it well.
你去跟我的女儿说我要和她谈谈
Go you and tell my daughter I would speak with her.
你 去把弄臣找来
Go you, call hither my fool.
你 先生 说你呢 先生
You, sir. You, sir!
你过来
Come you hither, sir.
我是谁
Who am I, sir?
太太的父亲
My lady’s father.
太太的父亲
My lady’s father?
你这个无赖 下♥贱♥的狗
My lord’s knave, you whoreson dog,
你个奴隶 狗♥杂♥种♥
you slave, you cur!
这可不是我 陛下 无意冒犯
I am none of these, my lord, I beseech your pardon.
你这是顶撞我妈 你这个流氓
Do you bandy looks with me, you rascal?
你不能打我
I’ll not be strucken, my lord.
也不能踢你吗 你个臭踢皮球的
Nor tripped neither, you base football player.
谢谢 你帮了我的忙 我很喜欢你
I thank thee, fellow. Thou serv’st me and I’ll love thee.
先生 站起来滚吧 我来教你点礼仪
Come, sir, arise, away, I’ll teach you differences.
滚吧 滚吧 除非你
Away, away. If you will
想用身体丈量土地
measure your lubber’s length again, tarry –
不然就滚吧 快走 你长脑子了吗
but away, go to, have you wisdom?
那么
So!
好了 我亲爱的朋友 谢谢你
Now, my friendly knave, I thank thee.
这是你应得的报酬
There’s earnest of thy service.
让我也雇他吧
Let me hire him too.
这是我的鸡冠帽
Here’s my coxcomb.
我可爱的朋友 你近来如何
How now, my pretty knave, how dost thou?
先生 你最好拿走我的鸡冠帽
Sirrah, you were best take my coxcomb.
为什么 小丑
Why, fool?
为什么 为你帮助一个已经失势的人
Why? For taking one’s part that’s out of favour.
如果你不善于见风使舵
Nay, an thou canst not smile as the wind sits,
那就会遭受冷遇
thou’lt catch cold shortly.
所以拿上我的帽子吧
There, take my coxcomb.
为什么呢 这家伙撵走了两个女儿
Why, this fellow has banished two on’s daughters
他的三女儿倒很受他的好处 虽非他本意
and did the third a blessing against his will,
如果你追随他 你肯定会需要我的帽子
if thou follow him, thou must needs wear my coxcomb.
怎么 老伯
How now, Nuncle?
要是我有两顶帽子和两个女儿就好了
Would I had two coxcombs and two daughters.
为什么 孩子
Why, my boy?
如果我把所有财产给了她们
If I gave them all my living,
我会留下我自己这顶帽子
I’d keep my coxcombs myself.
这是我的 去找你女儿要另一顶吧
There’s mine – beg another of thy daughters.
当心点 小子 小心鞭子
Take heed, sirrah, the whip.
真理就是一只狗 只能躲在狗窝里
Truth’s a dog that must to kennel – he must be whipped out,
母狗在火边撒尿时 必须被一鞭子赶走
when the Lady Brach may stand by the fire and stink.
你这个恶毒的东西
A pestilent gall to me.
-先生 我要教你一首小曲 -唱吧
– Sirrah, I’ll teach thee a speech. – Do.
听清楚了 老伯
Mark it, Nuncle.
多积财 少摆阔
Have more than thou showest,
耳朵听 话少说 少放债 多借债
speak less than thou knowest, lend less than thou owest,
多骑马少走路 多听而少信
ride more than thou goest, learn more than thou trowest,
赌注不可过于随性
Set less than thou throwest,
*莫纵酒 莫宿娼*
*Leave thy drink and thy whore*
*足不出户 你再数你那二十*
*and keep in-a-door, and thou shalt have more*
*将不止只是个双十*
*than two tens to a score.*
这都是胡说 小丑
This is nothing, fool.
那这就像拿不到诉讼费的律师一样
Then ’tis like the breath of an unfee’d lawyer,
当我什么都没说
you gave me nothing for’t.
你能从虚无中找到价值吗 老伯
Can you make no use of nothing, Nuncle?
当然不能 孩子 无中不能生有
Why no, boy – nothing can be made out of nothing.
请你告诉他 他的田赋也等于零
Prithee tell him, so much the rent of his land comes to –
-他不相信我的傻话 -刻薄的傻话
– he will not believe a fool. – A bitter fool.
我的孩子 你知道刻薄的小丑
Dost thou know the difference, my boy, between a bitter fool
和甜言蜜语的小丑有何区别吗
and a sweet one?
不知道 告诉我吧
No, lad, teach me.
听了他人言 土地全丧失
That lord that counselled thee to give away thy land,
我傻你更傻 两傻相并立
come place him here by me. Do thou for him stand.
一个傻瓜甜 一个傻瓜酸
The sweet and bitter fool will presently appear,
一个穿花衣 一个戴王冠
The one in motley here, the other found out there.
你说我傻瓜吗 孩子
Dost thou call me fool, boy?
所有其他头衔
All thy other titles thou
你都放弃了 只剩下这个娘胎里带来的了
hast given away, that thou wast born with.
他说的并非不无道理 大人
This is not altogether fool, my lord.
老伯 给我一颗鸡蛋
Nuncle, give me an egg…
给我一颗鸡蛋 我就能给你两顶王冠
..give me an egg and I’ll give thee two crowns.
怎样的两顶王冠
What two crowns shall they be?
我把这颗鸡蛋从中切开
Why, after I have cut the egg I’ the middle,
吃掉蛋清蛋黄 就是两顶蛋壳王冠了
and eat up the meat, the two crowns of the egg.
当你把你的王冠切开
When thou clovest thy crown I’ the middle,
将两半都送人
and gav’st away both parts,
就好比把自己拥有的一切化为尘土
thou bor’st thine ass on thy back o’er the dirt.
你放弃那顶金闪闪的王冠之时
Thou hadst little wit in thy bald crown
头壳里实在是没什么脑筋
when thou gav’st thy golden one away.
我说了该说的话
If I speak like myself in this,
谁说这是傻话才该挨鞭子
let him be whipped that first finds it so.
*如今傻瓜最不受欢迎*
*Fools had ne’er less grace in a year*
*因为聪明人都变成了傻瓜*
*for wise men are grown foppish*
*不知道该怎样做个明白人*
*and know not what their wits to wear*
*他们的举动是如此装腔做调*
*their manners are so apish.*
你什么时候学了这么多儿歌♥ 孩子
When were you wont to be so full of songs, sirrah?
我已习惯如此了 老伯
I have used it, Nuncle,
自从你把女儿们当做你的母亲
e’er since thou mad’st thy daughters thy mothers,
自从你把戒尺交给了她们
for when thou gav’st them the rod,
并自己脱下了裤子
and putt’st down thine own breeches,
*她们开心地要哭泣*
*Then they for sudden joy did weep*
*而我悲伤得想唱歌♥*
*and I for sorrow sung*
*一国之主竟如此儿戏*
*that such a king should play bo-peep*
*变成了傻瓜一样*
*and go the fools among.*
求你了 老伯 雇一位
Prithee, Nuncle, keep a
教书先生教我撒谎吧
schoolmaster that can teach thy fool to lie –
我会很愿意去学撒谎的
I would fain learn to lie.
你若撒谎 小子 我们就拿鞭子抽你
An you lie, sirrah, we’ll have you whipped.
我真不明白你和你女儿究竟是什么亲戚
I marvel what kin thou and thy daughters are.
她们因我说实话鞭打我
They’ll have me whipped for speaking true,
而你因我撒谎鞭打我
thou’lt have me whipped for lying,
有时候我就是保持沉默也会挨鞭子
and sometimes I am whipped for holding my peace.
我当什么都比当个小丑强
I had rather be any kind o’ thing than a fool,
而就这样我也不愿意当你 老伯
and yet I would not be thee, Nuncle.
你把你的智慧从两边削去
Thou hast pared thy wit o’ both sides
中间什么也没留下来
and left nothing I’ the middle.
削掉的其中一块来了
Oh. Here comes one o’the parings.
女儿 什么事让你眉头紧皱
How now, daughter? What makes that frontlet on?
我觉得你最近太爱皱眉了
Me thinks you are too much of late I’ the frown.
你之前不需要担心
Thou wast a pretty fellow
她是否皱眉的时候还是个好好的人
when thou hadst no need to care for her frowning.
而现在你什么也不是
Now thou art an O without a figure
我现在远比你强
I am better than thou art now.
我还是小丑 而你什么都不是
I am a fool, thou art nothing.
好的真的 我不说话了 虽然你没说什么
Yes, forsooth, I will hold my tongue, so your face bids me,
但表情不言自明
though you say nothing.
*不说话 不说话*
*Mum, mum!*
*他不留硬皮也不留瓤*
*He that keeps nor crust nor crumb,*
*总有一天他会想要的*
*weary of all, shall want some.*
那就是个空豆荚
That’s a shelled peascod.
不仅你这位肆无忌惮的弄臣
Not only, sir, this your all-licensed fool,
你其余狂傲的仆从无时无刻不在争吵
but other of your insolent retinue do hourly carp and quarrel,
没大没小不懂尊卑 还弄得天下不宁
breaking forth in rank and not-to-be-endured riots.
我本以为把这事告诉你
Sir, I had thought by making this well known unto you
就可以妥善加以纠正
to have found a safe redress,
但现在我有点疑虑
but now grow fearful
鉴于你最近的言行
by what yourself too late have spoke and done,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!