人家冷眼看着您这种愤怒的神气
For those that mingle reason with your passion
他们心里都要说您因为老了
must be content to think you are old, and so…
可是姐姐是知道她自己该怎样做的
But she knows what she does.
-这是你的好意的劝告吗 -是的 没错
– Is this well spoken now? – I dare avouch it, sir.
怎么 五十名侍卫
What, 50 followers?
这不是很好吗
Is it not well?
再多一些有什么用处
What should you need of more?
就是这么许多人 别说供养他们不起
Yea, or so many, sith that both charge and danger
他们成群结党 也是一件危险的事
speak ‘gainst so great a number?
一间屋子里养了这许多人
How in one house should many people,
受着两个主人支配 怎么不会发生争闹
under two commands, hold amity?
简直不成话
‘Tis hard, almost impossible.
父亲 您为什么
Why might not you, my lord,
不让我们的仆人
receive attendance from those
侍候您呢
that she calls servants or from mine?
那不是很好吗
Why not, my lord?
要是他们怠慢了您 我们也可以训斥他们
If then they chanced to slack ye we could control them.
您下回到我这来的时候
If you will come to me…
请您只带二十五个人来
..For now I spy a danger,
因为现在我已经
I do entreat you to bring
预见了危险
but five and twenty
超过这个数目 我是恕不招待的
to no more will I give place or notice.
我把一切都给了你们
I gave you all.
您幸好及时给了我们
And in good time you gave it.
叫你们做我的代理人 保管者
Made you my guardians, my depositaries,
我的唯一的条件
But kept a reservation
只是让我保留这么多的侍从
to be followed with such a number.
什么
What,
我只能带二十五个人到你这来
must I come to you With five and twenty?
芮根 你这样说的
Regan, said you so?
再说一遍 我只允许您带这么多
And speak’t again, my lord – no more with me.
不但用不着二十五人 就是十个五个都多余
What need you five and twenty? Ten? Or five?
我们家里难道没有
To follow in a house where twice so many
两倍多的仆人可以侍候您
have a command to tend you?
一个也不需要
What need one?
不要跟我说什么需要不需要
O, reason not the need!
最卑贱的乞丐
Our basest beggars
也有他的不值钱的身外之物
are in the poorest thing superfluous.
人生除了天然的需要以外
Allow not nature more than nature needs,
那和畜类的生活有什么分别
man’s life’s as cheap as beast’s.
你是一位夫人 你穿着这样华丽的衣服
Thou art a lady – If only to go warm were gorgeous,
如果你的目的只是为了保持温暖
Why, nature needs not what thou gorgeous wear’st,
那就根本不合你的需要
which scarcely keeps thee warm.
讲到真的需要
But for true need –
那么天啊 让我忍♥耐吧
O, you heavens, give me that patience,
我需要忍♥耐
patience I need!
神啊 你们看见我在这儿 一个可怜的老头子
You see me here, you gods, a poor old man,
被忧伤和老迈折磨得好苦
as full of grief as age, wretched in both.
假如是你们鼓动这两个女儿的心
If it be you that stir these daughters’ hearts
使她们忤逆她们的父亲
against their father,
那么请你们不要尽是愚弄我
fool me not so much to bear it tamely.
让我的心里激起了刚强的怒火
Touch me with noble anger,
别让妇人所恃为武器的泪点
and let not women’s weapons, water-drops,
玷污我的男子汉的面颊
stain my man’s cheeks!
不 你们这两个不孝的妖妇
No, you unnatural hags
我要向你们复仇
I will have such revenges on you both
向整个世界
That all the world shall…
我要做出一些
I will do such things –
虽然我现在还不知道我要怎么做
What they are yet I know not,
使全世界惊怖的事情来
but they will be the terrors of the earth!
你们以为我将要哭泣 不 我不愿哭泣
You think I’ll weep, no, I’ll not weep.
我虽然有充分的哭泣的理由
I have full cause of weeping,
可是我宁愿让这颗心碎成万片
but this heart will break into a hundred thousand flaws
也不愿流下一滴泪来
Or e’er I shall weep.
傻瓜 我要发疯了
O fool, I shall go mad.
我们进去吧
Let us withdraw –
一场暴风雨将要来了
’twill be a storm.
这座房♥屋太小了
This house is little.
这老头带着他那班人来是容纳不下的
The old man and’s people Cannot be well bestowed.
是他自己不好
‘Tis his own blame
放着安逸的日子不过
hath put himself from rest
一定要吃些苦才知道自己的蠢
and must needs taste his folly.
单是他一个人 我倒也很愿意收留他
For his particular, I’ll receive him gladly,
但不会收留他的那班跟随的人
but not one follower.
我也是这个意思
So am I purposed.
葛罗斯特伯爵呢
Where is my lord of Gloucester?
王上正在盛怒之中
The King is in high rage.
他要到哪去
Whither is he going?
他叫人备马 可是不让我知道他要去哪
He calls to horse, but will I know not whither.
还是不要管他 随他自己的意思吧
‘Tis best to give him way – he leads himself.
伯爵 您千万不要留他
My lord, entreat him by no means to stay.
天色暗起来了
Alack, the night comes on,
田野里都在刮着狂风
and the high winds do sorely ruffle –
方圆几里之内 连一株小小的树木都没有
for many miles about there’s scarce a bush.
伯爵 对于刚愎自用的人
O, sir, to wilful men
只好让他们自己招致的灾祸
the injuries they themselves procure
教训他们
must be their schoolmasters.
关上您的门
Shut up your doors.
关上您的门 伯爵
Shut up your doors, my lord
这是一个狂暴的晚上
’tis a wild night.
我家芮根说得一点不错
My Regan counsels well
快躲开风暴吧
come out o’the storm.
爱德蒙 我不喜欢这种伤天害理的勾当
Alack, Edmund, I like not this unnatural dealing.
当我恳求他们允许我怜悯他
When I desired their leave that I might pity him,
他们使我流离失所
they took from me the use of mine own house,
令我永世辗转
charged me on pain of perpetual displeasure
不得再提起他 不得为他求情
neither to speak of him, entreat for him,
不得施以援手
or any way sustain him.
这真是最野蛮无情的行径
Most savage and unnatural.
来来 你一个字都不可透露
Go to, go to. Say you nothing.
两位公爵间已经有了间隙
There is division between the dukes,
还有更糟的事
and a worse matter than that.
今晚我收到了一封信
I have received a letter
连谈及此都很危险
this night – ’tis dangerous to be spoken –
我已经把这封信锁在我的壁橱里了
I have locked the letter in my closet.
国王今日创剧痛深 来日定要报仇雪恨
These injuries the King now bears will be revenged home.
部分法国♥军♥队已经登陆了
There is part of a power from France already footed –
我们必须对国王忠心耿耿
we must incline to the King.
我要去找他 暗中救济他
I will look him and privily relieve him.
你且去陪公爵讲讲话
Go you and maintain talk with the Duke,
别让他看出来我在救济国王
that my charity be not of him perceived.
如果公爵问起我 就说我病了睡下了
If he ask for me, I am ill and gone to bed.
他们用生命来威胁我 纵使我因此而死
If I die for it – as no less is threatened me –
也不能不救我的旧主 我的国王
the King my old master must be relieved.
要大事临头了 爱德蒙
There is strange things toward, Edmund –
你千万要仔细了
pray you, be careful.
这番殷勤是犯了禁令的
This courtesy, forbid thee,
我要立刻通知公爵 还有那封信
shall the Duke instantly know and of that letter too.
这是能邀大功的
This seems a fair deserving
一定能让我重得我父亲失去的一切
and must draw me that which my father loses,
重得一切 一分不少
no less than all.
长江后浪推前浪
The younger rises when the old doth fall.
狂风吹吧 吹破了你的脸颊
Blow winds and crack your cheeks!
疯狂地吹吧
Rage, blow!
你这如飞瀑般奔涌的狂风暴雨
You cataracts and hurricanoes,
倾盆而下直到淹没了我们的塔尖
spout till you have drenched our steeples,
溺死了塔尖上的风标
drowned the cocks!
你这如思想般迅猛的硫磺火花
You sulphurous and thought-executing fires,
劈裂橡木的霹雳前驱
Vaunt-couriers to oak-cleaving thunderbolts,
烧焦了我的白头
Singe my white head!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!