Blood temperature seems like a high 80s maybe.
血温似乎有80华氏度
Wu? Ninety one.
小吴 91度
Homeothermic?
恒温动物
It holds that temperature? Yeah.
它能保持那个温度 是的
That’s incredible.
太不可思议了
But again, how do you know they’re all female?
但是 你怎么知道它们都是雌性
Does somebody go out in the park…
是有人到公园里去
and pull up the dinosaurs’ skirts?
掀开恐龙的裙子看吗
We control their chromosomes. It’s really not that difficult.
通过控制它们的染色体 其实这不难
All vertebrate embryos are inherently female anyway.
所有脊椎动物胚胎天生都是雌性
They require an extra hormone given…
他们需要在发育的正确阶段
at the right developmental stage to make them male.
得到外来荷尔蒙来变成雄性
We simply deny them that. Deny them that?
我们只是不给它们 不给它们
John, the kind of control you’re attempting is…
约翰 你的控制措施
It’s not possible.
是不可能成功的
If there’s one thing the history of evolution has taught us…
进化史教会我们一件事情
it’s that life will not be contained.
那就是生命不受限制
Life breaks free.
生命总能打破枷锁
It expands to new territories and crashes through barriers painfully,
它们开拓新领域 冲破障碍
maybe even dangerously, but…
有痛苦甚至很危险 但是…
Well, there it is.
这就是生命
There it is.
这就是生命
You’re implying that a group composed entirely of female animals will breed?
你是说一群全部是雌性的动物会繁殖
No. I’m simply saying…
不 我只是在说
that life finds a way.
生命会找到出路
What species is this?
这是什么物种
It’s a velociraptor.
这是迅猛龙
You bred raptors?
你们还繁殖迅猛龙?
Dr. Grant, as I was saying…
格兰特博士 我正说到…
we laid on lunch for you before you set out into the park.
我们出发之前 园中已经备好午餐
Our gourmet chef, Alejandro… What are they doing?
美食大师 亚历涓多 他们在干啥
Feeding them.
喂食
Alejandro has prepared a delightful menu for us.
亚历涓多为我们准备了美食
Chilean sea bass, I believe.
智利海鲈
Shall we?
用餐吗
They should all be destroyed.
应该把它们都消灭
Robert Muldoon, my game warden from Kenya.
罗伯特·马尔登 从肯尼亚来的公园管理员
Bit of an alarmist, I’m afraid, but knows more about raptors than anyone.
有点爱杞人忧天 但是最了解迅猛龙
What kind of metabolism do they have? What’s their growth rate?
它们的新陈代谢如何 成长速度如何
They’re lethal at eight months… and I do mean lethal.
他们8个月大就有杀伤力 能致人于死地
I’ve hunted most things that can hunt you,
我曾猎捕过大多数捕食动物
but the way these things move…
但是这些动物的移动速度…
Fast for a biped? Cheetah speed.
比两足动物快吗 快如猎豹
Fifty, sixty miles per hour, if they ever got out in the open.
在开阔地可达每小时50到60英里
And they’re astonishing jumpers.
而且他们跳得惊人
That’s why we’re taking extreme precautions.
这就是为啥我们采取极端的预防措施
The viewing area set below here… Do they show intelligence?
观赏区在下面 它们有智慧吗
With their brain cavities, we assumed… They’re extremely intelligent…
从它们大脑的体积假定… 它们非常聪明
even problem solving intelligence, especially the big one.
甚至有解决问题的智能 特别是大个的
We bred eight originally, but when she came in…
本来有8只 但是当它进来以后
she took over the pride and killed all but two of the others.
它就大发雌威 杀得就剩两只
That one…
就是它
when she looks at you, you can see she’s working things out.
当它看着你 你会发现它在转着心思
That’s why we have to feed them like this.
这就是为啥这样喂它们
She had them all attacking the fences when the feeders came.
当喂食者靠近的时候 它发动它们攻击护篱
The fences are electrified though, right?
护篱是通电的吧
That’s right, but they never attacked the same place twice.
是的 但它们从不攻击同一个地方两次
They were testing the fences for weaknesses systematically.
它们系统地侦测护篱薄弱处
They remember.
它们有记性
Yes, well.
是啊
Who’s hungry?
有人饿么
More adventurous guests can opt for our jungle river cruise…
敢冒险的游客可以走丛林水路
or for a close up look at our majestic winged dinosaurs…
或者近观壮观的有翼恐龙
None of these attractions are ready yet…
这些项目还未完工
but the park will open with the basic tour you’re about to take…
但是公园会先开放你将会参观的基本游程
and then other rides will come on line six or twelve months after that.
其他项目会在6到12个月以后陆续开放
Absolutely spectacular designs. Spared no expense.
绝对壮观 不惜工本
And we can charge anything we want… 2,000 a day, 10,000 a day…
价格我们说了算 每天2千或1万块
and people will pay it.
人们都愿意付
And then there’s the merchandise. I can personally…
还可以卖周边 我个人认为…
This park was not buiIt to cater only for the super rich.
这个公园不仅是给富翁建的
Everyone in the world has the right to enjoy these animals.
世界上所有人都有权享受这些
Sure. They will.
那是 他们会的
What, we’ll have a coupon day or something.
我们可以有优惠日之类的
Gee, the lack of humility before nature…
太可怕了 对大自然缺乏敬畏
that’s being displayed here staggers me.
这里看到的一切让我吃惊
Thank you, Dr. Malcolm, but I think things are a little bit different…
谢谢 马尔科姆博士 但是我认为事情跟
than you and I had feared. Yeah, I know. They’re a lot worse.
你我所担心的不一样 是 我知道 更可怕
Now, wait a second. We haven’t even seen the park yet.
等等 我们甚至还没去看看公园
I mean… No, Donald, let him talk.
我的意思是 别 唐纳德 让他说
There’s no reason. I want to hear every viewpoint.
没别的 我想听所有意见
I really do. Don’t you see the danger…
真的想听 你没看到危险吗
John, inherent in what you’re doing here?
约翰 实际上你们是在干啥
Genetic power’s the most awesome force the planet’s ever seen…
遗传力量是地球上最令人敬畏的力量
but you wield it like a kid that’s found his dad’s gun.
但是你们摆弄它就像小孩玩大人的枪
It’s hardly appropriate to start… Just a second. If I may.
这样说不太恰当 容我就一句
I’ll tell you the problem with the scientific power you’re using here.
我来说说在此你使用的科学力量问题
It didn’t require any discipline to attain it.
问题在于取得它没有任何约束
You read what others had done and you took the next step.
你们看了看前人所做就做下一步
You didn’t earn the knowledge for yourselves…
没有任何属于自己的知识
so you don’t take any responsibility for it.
所以不用负任何责任
You stood on the shoulders of geniuses…
你们站在天才的肩膀上
to accomplish something as fast as you could…
甚至在未知结果如何之前
and before you even knew what you had…
就尽可能快的完成它
you patented it, and packaged it…
申请专利 打包装
and slapped it on a plastic lunch box.
在塑料午餐盒上发广告
And now you’re selling it. You want to sell it. Well…
然后就卖钱 你想出售它 于是就…
I don’t think you’re giving us our due credit.
我不认为你给了我们应得的信任
Our scientists have done things which nobody’s ever done before.
我们科学家做了前人从未做过的事情
But your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could…
但是你的科学家只执着于他们能不能做到
they didn’t stop to think if they should.
而不是考虑他们应不应该做
Condors.
秃鹰
Condors are on the verge of extinction.
秃鹰处在灭绝的边缘
If I was to create a flock of condors on this island…
如果我在这个岛上造一群秃鹰
you wouldn’t have anything to say. Hold on.
你就没啥好说了吧 稍等
This isn’t some species that was obliterated by deforestation…
这不是什么因为滥伐森林或修建水坝
or the building of a dam.
而灭绝的物种
Dinosaurs had their shot…
恐龙有过存在的机会
and nature selected them for extinction.
是自然选择让它们灭绝
l simply don’t understand this Luddite attitude…
我不懂这种因噎废食的想法
especially from a scientist.
尤其还是个科学家
How can we stand in the light of discovery and not act?
我们怎么能站在发明面前却无所作为
What’s so great about discovery?
发明有什么好的
It’s a violent, penetrative act that scars what it explores.
那是暴力 那是狂扎乱捅的行为到处留疤
What you call discovery…
你所谓的发明
I call the rape of the natural world.
我称之为对自然世界的强奸
The question is, how can you know anything about an extinct ecosystem?
问题是 你怎么了解一种已灭绝的生态系统
And therefore, how could you ever assume that you can control it?
因此 你又怎能设想你可以控制
You have plants in this building that are poisonous.
你这座楼里摆了有毒的植物
You picked them because they look good…
你选择它们仅仅是因为它们好看
but these are aggressive living things that have no idea…
但它们都是些有侵略性的生物
what century they’re in, and they’ll defend themselves…
我们不知道它们何时存在 如有必要会用何种
violently, if necessary.
暴力手段保护自己
Dr. Grant, if there’s one person here…
如果在这有人能理解我的工作
who could appreciate what I’m trying to do…
我想就只有你了吧 GRANT博士
The world has just changed so radically…
世界的改变是如此迅速
and we’re all running to catch up.
现在我们都在拼命追赶
I don’t want to jump to any conclusions, but look.
我不想立马下什么结论 但是…
Dinosaurs and man…
恐龙和人类
two species separated by 65 million years of evolution…
两个在进化史上相隔了6500万年的物种