– Some clown got kills. – He’s aware of that, yeah.
不 我没听说过
No, I haven’t heard.
-是吗 -你看 我告诉过你
– Yeah? – You see ,this is what I’m telling you.
你要是让这家伙上台观众就要发疯了
the audience is gonna go crazy if you put this guy on.
可能就让他上一小段 但别上整场
Maybe, maybe for a bit, but not a whole segment.
吉恩 能行的 没事
Gene, It’s gonna work. It’s gonna work.
就让他这样上台吧
We’re gonna go with it.
谢谢你 默里
Thank you, Murray.
但有几条规矩
Couple of rules, though:
不能骂脏话 不能讲黄段子
No cursing, no off-color material,
我们是个正经节目 行吗
we do a clean show, okay?
你在萨莉医生后面上场
You go on right after Dr. Sally.
-我爱萨莉医生 -太棒了 真好
– I love Dr. Sally. – Good! Good, good.
-会有人来叫你上台的 好吗 -好的
– Well, someone will come and get you, okay? – Okay.
完美
Perfect.
-祝你好运 -谢了 默里
– Good luck. – Thanks, Murray.
好的
Okay.
默里 有件小事
Hey, Murray…one small thing.
-什么 -介绍我出场的时候
– Yeah? – When you bring me out
你能叫我”小丑”吗
can you introduce me as “Joker”?
你为什么不用真名
What’s wrong with your real name?
你之前在节目上就是这么叫我的
That’s what you called me on the show.
一个小丑
A Joker.
你还记得吗
Do you remember?
-是吗 -我不知道
– Did I? – Yeah, I don’t know.
听你的 孩子 你就是小丑了
Well, if you say so, kid, you know, joker it is.
-这名字挺好的 -谢了 默里
– It’s good. – Thanks, Murray.
挂上笑脸
我愿意试试
I would try it, you know,
但我不确定我老婆会同意我这么干
but I’m not sure my wife would let me do it.
可能我下一个老婆会同意
Maybe my next wife.
你们得见见我们的下一位来宾
You gotta see our next guest for yourself.
我相信这个家伙需要看医生
I’m pretty sure this guy can use a doctor.
他有性方面的问题吗
Does he have a sexual problem?
他看起来可不止有一个问题
He looks like he’s got a lot of problems.
好了 让我们再最后看一遍那段视频
Alright, Let’s show that clip one last time.
我小时候讨厌上学
I hated school as a kid.
但我母亲总是对我说
But my mother would always say,
“你应该享受校园生活
“You should enjoy it.
你早晚要为生计奔波”
One day you’ll have to work for a living.”
“不会的 妈 我要当喜剧演员”
“No I won’t, Ma. I’m gonna be a comedian!”
好了
Okay,
你们可能看过下一位嘉宾的这段视频
you may have seen that clip of our next guest.
在他出场前 我只想说
Now, before he comes out, I just want to say
我们都对今夜本市发生的状况感到心痛
that we’re all heartbroken about what’s going on in the city tonight.
但这是他选择的出场方式
But, this is how he wanted to come out.
而且说实话 我觉得我们都需要好好笑一场
And, honestly, I think we could all use a good laugh.
那么 有请”小丑”登场
So, please welcome “Joker”.
你还好吗 医生
Are you alright, doctor?
这个出场可真厉害
Well, that was… quite an entrance.
你没事吧
You okay?
我很好
Oh, yeah.
这和我想象的一模一样
This is exactly how I imagined it.
我的想象可不是这样
Well, that makes one of us.
你能和我们聊聊你这身打扮吗
So, can you tell us about this look?
我们之前聊的时候 你说过
When we spoke earlier, you mentioned
你的装扮不是在表达政♥治♥观点 对吧
that this look is not a political statement, is that right?
没错 默里 我不关心政♥治♥
That’s right, Murray. I’m not political.
我只是想让大家笑出来
I’m just trying to make people laugh.
你觉得你干得怎么样
And how’s that goin’ for ya?
没事 我知道你是个喜剧演员
It’s alright. It’s alright. So, I know you’re a comedian.
最近有什么新的段子吗
Have you been working on any new material?
你想给大家讲个笑话吗
You want to tell us a joke?
想听吗
Yeah?
好呀
Okay.
他还带了个本子
He’s got a book.
笑话本子
A book of jokes.
默里·富兰克林现场秀
我只希望我的死亡比我的人生更有”价值”
不着急 我们有一整晚的时间
Take your time. We got all night.
好 我找到一个
Okay. Okay. Here’s one.
咚咚咚
Knock-knock.
就这你也要翻本子找
And you had to look that up?
我想把这个笑话讲好
I wanted to get it right.
咚咚咚
Knock-knock.
谁啊
Who’s there?
是警♥察♥ 女士
It’s the police, ma’am.
你儿子被酒驾司机撞了
Your son has been hit by a drunk driver.
他死了
He’s dead.
不不不
Oh, no, no, no!
你不能拿这个开玩笑
No, you cannot joke about that.
是啊 这不好笑 亚瑟
Yeah, that’s not funny, Arthur.
我们的节目不开这种玩笑
That’s not the kind of humor we do on this show.
好吧 我…我很抱歉
Okay, I’m s… Yeah, I’m sorry.
只不过
It’s just, you know,
我这几周很不好过 默里
it’s been a rough few weeks, Murray.
自从我…
Ever since I
杀了那几个华尔街精英之后
killed those three Wall Street guys.
好吧 我还在等笑点
Okay. I’m waiting for the punchline.
没有笑点
There is no punchline.
这不是开玩笑
It’s not a joke.
你认真的吗
You’re serious, aren’t you?
你是说地铁上那三个年轻人是你杀的
You’re telling us you killed those three young men on the subway?
我们为什么要信你
And why should we believe you?
我现在一无所有
I’ve got nothing left to lose.
没有什么能再伤害我了
Nothing can hurt me anymore.
我的人生就是一场喜剧
My life is nothing but a comedy.
让我理一理
Let me get this straight,
你觉得杀了那些人很好笑吗
you think that killing those guys is funny?
没错
I do.
而且我受够了假装不好笑
And I’m tired of pretending it’s not.
喜剧是很主观的 默里
Comedy is subjective, Murray.
大家不都这么说吗
Isn’t that what they say?
你们所有人
All of you,
你们的体制无作不知
the system that knows so much,
你们决定是非对错
you decide what’s right or wrong
同样的 你们也决定什么好笑
the same way that you decide what’s funny…
或不好笑
or not.
把他赶下去
Get him off!
好吧 我可能理解你了
Well, okay, I–I think I might understand that you
你这样做是为了发起一场运动
did this to start a movement,
成为一种象征
to become a symbol.
拜托 默里
Come on, Murray,
我看起来像那种可以发起运动的小丑吗
do I look like the kind of a clown that could start a movement?
我杀人 是因为他们是人♥渣♥
I killed those guys because they were awful.
这年头人人都是人♥渣♥
Everybody’s awful these days.
足以逼疯任何人
It’s enough to make anyone crazy.
这么说你是疯子 这就是你
Okay. So that’s it, you’re crazy. That’s your defense
杀死三个年轻人的理由吗
for killing three young men?
不是
Nah.
他们连首歌♥都唱不好 所以才会丧命
They couldn’t carry a tune to save their lives.
为什么大家都为他们难过
Why is everybody so upset about these guys?
如果是我死在路边 你们连看都不会看
If it was me dying on the side-walk, you’d walk right over me.
我每天从你们身边走过 没人注意我 但是他们
I pass you everyday and you don’t notice me! But these guys,
托马斯·韦恩在电视上哭诉几句 你们就关心了
what, because Thomas Wayne went and cried about them on TV?
你对托马斯·韦恩也有意见
Well, you have a problem with Thomas Wayne,too?
是的
Yes, I do.
你见过外面的世界吗 默里
Have you seen what it’s like out there, Murray?
你真的离开过演播室吗
Do you ever actually leave the studio?
每个人都对彼此大喊大叫
Everybody just yells and screams at each other.
根本没人有礼貌
Nobody’s civil anymore!
根本没人设身处地为他人着想
Nobody thinks what it’s like to be the other guy.