然后我们回家 喝酒
Then we go home and we drink.
这才是我们区别于野兽的地方
That’s what separates us from animals.
那些和电缆
That and cable.
-嗨 -嗨
-Hi. -Hi.
出什么事了
What’s going on?
乔刚公布了对马克 麦金尼的格斗挑战
Joe here issued a physical challenge to Mark McKinney.
但是现在 现在他已经恢复正常了 对吧 乔
But now, now he’s come to his senses. Right, Joe?
乔
Joe?
我知道去他家找他是个错误
I can see how goin’ to his house was a mistake.
-什么 -我太着急了
-Whoa. -I stepped over the line.
我怎么知道打一开始他就下此重手
How do I know he didn’t go easy on me the first time?
好了 我们可以挽回这些的 乔
That’s right. We can fix this,Joe.
我们给马克打个电♥话♥
Let’s get Mark on the phone
现在就了结了这事
and put an end to this nonsense right now.
怎么样
What do you say?
-你还好吗 -还好 我…
-You okay? -Yeah, I…
我想喝点什么倒是真的
I could use a drink actually.
威士忌
Scotch?
-水 -威士忌加水
-Water. -Scotch and water.
只要水
Just water.
什么
What?
嗯 大厅的那头有个饮水机
Um, there’s a water cooler just down the hall.
好 我去喝点儿 马上就回来
Yeah, I’ll get it. I’ll be back.
那就是乔…
That was Joe…
-你就是乔 谢弗 对吗 -是的
-You’re Joe Scheffer, right? -Right.
-就是想问候一下 我是丹 拉斯奇 -你好 丹
-Just wanted to say hello. Dan Lasky. -Hi, Dan.
-我是阿比 -你好 阿比
-And I’m Abby. -Hi, Abby.
都三年了 就等有人来教训这个家伙
Been waiting for three years for someone to drop that jerk.
嗨 大家听着
Hey, everybody.
这是我的英雄
This is my hero.
狠踢他的屁♥股♥ 乔
Kick his butt,Joe.
真的 狠踢他的屁♥股♥
Really. Kick his butt.
好
Good.
-乔 谢弗 -嗯
-Joe Scheffer. -Huh?
是的 他就是
Yeah! This is the man!
好啊 现在可得小心点
All right, look out now.
-我是凯德 雷蒙德 -凯德 你好吗
-Cade Raymond. -Cade, how areyou doing?
挺好 挺好 你知道吗
Good, good. You know what?
我把你那场约斗叫做 “香草的决斗”
I’m calling your fight “The Thrilla in Vanilla.”
香草
Vanilla?
-懂我的意思吗 -没有
-Get it? -No.
几个城市里长大的白种人
Couple suburban white guys.
-哈 -噢 是的
-Huh? -Oh, yeah.
嗨 乔
Hey, Joe?
-你喜欢壁球吗 -裹上黄油和红糖的南瓜 当然
-You like squash? -With butter and brown sugar? You bet!
因为我明天下午五点需要一位搭档
Because I need a partner tomorrow at 5:00.
噢 是壁球 壁球
Oh, squash! squash!
明白了 就在楼上的13俱乐部
You know. Up at Club 13.
-13俱乐部 -你从没上去过
-Club 13. -You never been up there.
-你也知道 我在楼下都忙不过来 -乔 我的人
-You know, I get busy downstairs. -Joe, my man.
我们得改变这种情况 哈
We’ve got to fix that. Huh?
-你真会开玩笑 -你会打壁球 对吧
-You’re kidding. -You can play, right?
-当然会 -好 好 五点见
-Yeah. -Cool, cool. 5:00.
一言为定
You the man.
-一言为定 -好
-You the man! -Yeah.
我买♥♥乔会嬴
I’ve got my money on Joe Scheffer.
你这家伙
Man.
太好了 嗯 马克 乔来了
Great. Uh, Mark, Joe’s here now.
噢 行了 我知道了
Oh, all right, I get it.
你想变卦 没准能做好朋友
You wanna back out. Probably wanna be best friends.
马克 我想要的是提醒你 别忘了我们的格斗
Mark, what I want is for you to remember the fight.
知道吗 三周之后 早晨8点 在老地方
Right? Three weeks, the ten-year parking lot at 8:00 a.m.
-你听到了吗 -那就来吧
-You got it? -Bring it on.
别 别 马…马克 马克 噢
No, no, M…Mark? Mark? Wow.
你是要进来还是怎么着 伙计
You comin’ or goin’, dude?
我正好路过来…
I was just driving by to take…
你知道的…来看看…
you know…to find out more…
你是不是刚倒了大霉了
Somethin’ bad happen to you?
不 不 不 不 不是的
No, no, no, no, no.
我只是觉得该
I thought it just is a great time for me
学点防身之术罢了
to take a self-defense class.
-你被人欺负了吧 -谁告诉你的
-You got your ass kicked, huh? -Who told you?
-你没看报纸吗 -什么
-You didn’t read about it in the paper? -What?
头版 伍斯日报
Front page. Daily Wuss.
来吧 那些被人欺负的 百分之九十都成了我的顾客
Come on. Guys who get their asses kicked, that’s 90% of my business.
进来吧 来吧
Come on in. Come on.
-这是你吗 -没错
-Is this you? -Yeah.
极限惩罚
Maximum Punishment.
-看起来不错 -不是的
-That looks good. -No,
看这个该死的东西才是极限惩罚
maximum punishment was watching the damn thing.
-汤姆 索亚 -暧昧的改编
-Tom Sawyer? -Loose adaptation.
汤姆演一场对手戏 我把他杀了
Tom played a rival ninja. I killed him.
-出了什么事 -我不知道
-What happened? -I don’t know.
制片人有海外的配额…他控制百分之三士五
The producer had foreign distribution…35% he’d charge
“噢 我需要钱给我妻子
“Oh, I need the money for my wife!
我在拉斯 布里萨斯有一幢别♥墅♥ ”
I have a house in Las Brisas. ”
打住 打住 你知道我指的是什么 出了什么事
No, no, I mean, you know. What happened?
说吧 我想听个真正悲哀的故事
Come on, I wanna hear a really sad story.
你的
Yours.
我 嗯…我被人打了
I, um…I got beat up…
当着我12岁的女儿
in front of my 12-year-old daughter
和一群同事的面
and a bunch of coworkers.
该死
Damn.
-是啊 -我还当是什么事呢
-Yeah. -I was really hoping to give a shit.
对
Yeah.
-什么 -你被人欺负得不轻啊
-What? -You got your ass kicked.
现在你想练就李小龙的功夫
Now you wanna get all Bruce Lee and stuff.
我要走了
You’re losin’ me.
嗨 我来这儿可不是让你这样改行的影星
Hey, I didn’t come over here to have my angst reviewed…
来审查我是多么生气的
by some has-been movie star.
噢 “审查” “影星”在同一句话里
Ooh! “Angst reviewed,” “movie star”in the same sentence.
你一定感觉非常自豪
You must be very proud of yourself…
当着女儿的面
for a man who just got made into a wimp
被人打了一顿
in front of his daughter.
你能不能住嘴
Why don’t you just shut up?
为什么你不过来打我
Why don’t you come over here and make me?
哈
Huh?
来吧
Come on.
我想我走得够近了
I figure I got it comin’.
你觉得我不会出手 是不是
You don’t think I’ll do it, do you?
哎呀 对不起
Geez, I’m sorry.
我早就准备好了 伙计 我不是有意要伤你的
I’m really torqued, man. I didn’t mean that to hurt.
你还好吗 深吸一口气 伙计
Are you all right? Take a deep one, man.
对了 就这样深呼吸 伙计 你会好过来的
That’s it. Just draw it in, dude. You’ll be all right.
上帝啊 真对不起 伙计
Jesus. I’m really sorry, man.
我来给你上次免费的课吧
Let me give you a free lesson.
照我的说法 “不收钱的”
My way of saying, “Don’t press charges.”
谢弗先生 欢迎来到13俱乐部
Mr. Scheffer? Welcome to Club 13.
跟我来
Follow me.
-你带自己的器械了吗 -我应该带吗
-Did you bring your own equipment? -Was I supposed to?
不必 没问题 我们这儿什么都有
No, not a problem. We’ve got everything you need.
太好了 帮我穿戴起来
Great. Load me up.
天啦 兄弟 冰球场在隔壁
Holy crap! Dude, the hockey rink’s next door.
没准对你能派上用场
Yet somehow it works for you.
嗨 你们谈论的是我的搭档 乔 谢弗
Hey, it’s my partner you’re talking about. Joe Scheffer.
嗨 凯德
Hey, Cade.
-我是彼得 -你好 彼得
-I’m Peter. -Hello, Peter.
-我也叫彼得 -两个彼得
-I’m Peter too. -Two Peters.
事实上是四个彼得
Actually it’d be four peters.
-好了 乔 该我们发球 -太好了 来
-All right, Joe. We’re serving. -Good, okay.