好吧,如果你想这么说…
Well, if you want to put it that way…
你在想什么,Trémouille?
What’s on your mind, Trémouille?
我担心你就这样了。
I fear for you that’s all.
也为了你自己,有很好的理由。
And for yourself and with very good reason.
如果你最高的愿望是再跪一次。
If your highest wishes to practise kneeling just once more.
是的,我喜欢。
Yes, I do.
很好,大人,我会把信使打发走的。
Very well my Lord, I’ll send the messenger away.
——信使?信使是什么?——为什么勃艮第。
– Messenger? What messenger? – Why Burgundy’s.
-他在这里乞求休战——停战?真是一派胡言。
– He’s here begging for a truce. – Truce? What nonsense.
他们会付多少钱?- 5万克朗如果你下令停止战斗。
– How much will they pay? – 50,000 crowns if you give the order to stop fighting.
-你拿了多少?——我?我…这件事与我无关。
– And how much do you get? – I? I… I’ve nothing to do with it.
你通常的份额是一半,我可爱的鳄鱼你一点都没变。
Your usual share is half, my loving crocodile and you haven’t changed.
我要你的那一份。我要10万美元。
I want your share. I want 100,000 in my hands.
我都不确定要不要接受。
And I’m not even sure that I’ll take it.
我该怎么跟他说?
What shall I tell him?
你叫他等等,我们不着急。
You tell him to wait, we are in no hurry.
很好,大人。
Very well, my Lord.
查尔斯!在这生死攸关的时刻,你怎么还会想到钱呢?
Charles! How can you think of money at this fateful and serious moment?
我不知道。但我毫不费力就能做到。
I don’t know. But I can without the slightest effort.
原谅我,亲爱的大主教,但你必须了解政♥府♥。
Forgive me, my dear Archbishop,but you must know about governments.
我已经说了又说,这场战争是不必要的流血,我们越快结束越好。
I have said and I say again that this war is unnecessary bloodshed,and the sooner we end it, the better.
要是我知道该怎么做就好了。
If only I knew what to do.
如果琼继续的话,她可能会把我亲爱的表妹勃艮第赶出这个国家,这也许是最好的事情了。
Joan might drive my dear cousin Burgundy right out of the country if she continues,and that might be the best thing.
很难知道“是”是什么,最好的事情。
It’s so difficult to know what “is”,the best thing.
等我当上国王,我就知道了。
When I’m king,then I’ll know.
陛下,这是我们为之奋斗等待的一天,它终于到来了。
Sire,this is the day we fought for and waited for and it has come.
我和任何凡人一样快乐,因为我目睹了我的国王的洗礼和加冕。
I’m as happy as any mortal has ever been,for I’ve watched the anointing and the coronation of my King.
——万岁!-国王万岁!
– Hurray! – Long live the King!
国王万岁!国王万岁!
Long live the King! Long live the King!
琼女仆!
Joan the Maid!
琼女仆!在巴黎!
Joan the maid! On to Paris!
我去更衣室找送信的。
I’ll see the messenger in the robing room.
-他们没碰我,他们没碰我。-他们接吻,他们接吻。
– Oh, they didn’t touch, they didn’t touch. – They kissed, they kissed.
就像我现在吻你一样。
Just as I kiss you now.
——陛下……——只是我们的接吻是另一回事,不是吗,亲爱的?
– Your Majesty… – Only our kissing is a very different matter isn’t it, my dear?
-哦,陛下,您一定要小心。-不,那是你的责任。
– Oh, your Majesty, you must take care. – No, that’s your part to take care.
我的是大胆,粗心,不计后果。
Mine is to be bold, careless and reckless.
去我想去的地方,去我想去的地方。
To enter where I will and depart when I choose.
看,世界是我的。看看你,这是一个真正的宫廷我是一个需要认真对待的国王。
For look, the world is mine. Look about you,this is a real court now and I’m a King to be reckoned with.
茉莉花的香味真美。
It is lovely, the scent of jasmine.
我可以永远住在萨利镇。
I could stay here in Sully forever.
是的,下星期我们得去洛克斯赴宴,再下星期我们得去布洛瓦。-这些邀请似乎没完没了。
Yes, well next week we must go to Loches to be feasted,and the week after that to Blois. – There seems to be no end to these invitations.
还有悼词!
And to the tributes!
看到了吗?
See?
顺便提一句,你还记得希侬的那个小裁缝吗他不愿让我给他买♥♥新外套?
And for the reference, do you remember that little tailor at Chinon who wouldn’t trust me for a new coat?
现在…不,那只秃鹫又来了。
Now… Nay, here comes that vulture again.
那么Trémouille,你是来给我带钱的吗?还是把它带走?
Well Trémouille, do you come to bring me money? Or to take it away with you?
陛下,这件事比钱重要得多。
Your Majesty, this is a much more important matter than money.
男人的疯狂。来,夏蒂尔,代替我。不要作弊!
The man’s mad. Here, Chartille, take my place. And don’t cheat!
——她在这里。-她一个人吗?
– She’s here. – Is she alone?
不,她带了Alençon。
No, she brought Alençon with her.
记住,陛下,这次你必须信守诺言。
Remember Sire, it’s absolutely imperative that this time you keep your word.
-我什么时候不遵守诺言了?——昨天。
– When have I not kept my word? – Yesterday.
那是昨天的事了。
Well, that was yesterday.
你好,我的朋友。
Greetings, my friends.
琼,我们邀请你来是因为我们想念你,我们最喜欢的话题。
Joan, we’ve asked you into the presence because we’ve missed you, our most favourite subject.
我尊贵的国王,我们已经在巴黎城外等了几周了。
My noble King, for weeks we have waited outside the walls of Paris for your arrival.
我们应该在胜利的时刻敲响钟声。
We should have struck in the hour of victory.
但现在还不晚。
But it is not too late now.
保持你的诺言。与我们同行,巴黎将归我们所有。-对不起,琼,但是你必须取消所有这些计划。
Keep your promise. Ride with us and paris shall yet be ours. – I’m sorry Joan but you’ve to cancel all such plans.
-我刚刚和勃艮第谈妥了休战协议。——休战?
– I have just negotiated a truce with Burgundy. – A truce?
——这是疯狂。-流血太多了。
– That’s madness. – It’s been too much bloodshed.
托勒利斯河已经被撕裂,我们需要和平。
The Tourelles has been terribly torn, we need peace.
我们的敌人需要和平,国王,但不是你。
Our enemies need peace, my King, but not you.
让他们回到他们的岛上,他们可以有一个良好和持久的和平。
Let them go home to their island and they can have a good and lasting peace.
我们现在只需要往前走。
We only have to go forward now.
-他们最后的据点也会沦陷。-我告诉你,我已经决定休战了。
– And their last great stronghold will fall. – I tell you I have decided upon a truce.
我已经决定。
I have decided.
但你不能这么做,我的国王。
But you cannot do this, my King.
那就意味着你放弃了所有的优势。
It would mean that you threw away all the advantages.
为了胜利,我们付出了那么多的努力和鲜血。
We have fought so hard and have given so much blood to win.
-陛下已签署停战协议。——签署了吗?
– His Majesty has signed the truce. – Signed it?
是的。
Yes.
我们的国王从不食言。
And our King never repudiates his word.
你知道这看起来像什么吗,殿下?
You know how this looks, your Highness?
比如背叛或者愚蠢。或者两者都有!
Like betrayal or stupidity. Or both!
我从未说过我聪明,我从未说过我诚实,我从未说过我英俊。
I never said that I was wise, I never said I was honest, I never said I was handsome.
我不是特别适合当国王的人,但只要我是国王,我就会成为国王。
I’m not a particularly good person to be a King, but as long as I am a King, I will be a King.
你懂什么治国之道?
What do you know statecraft?
对于那些国家元首必须放弃的经验,你知道多少?
What do you know of the experience which the heads of nations must stoop?
统治者必须与最低等的人妥协和讨价还价,即使是敌人。
A ruler must compromise and bargain with the lowest sort of people, even the enemy.
男人被腐♥败♥统治,他们喜欢这样。
Men are governed by corruption, they like it.
人恨堕落,神也恨堕落。
Men hate corruption and God hates it.
我不知道,但男人很自然地就习惯了。
I don’t know, but men take to it very naturally.
这是什么意思?
What does this mean?
他背叛了我们,琼。
He’s betrayed us Joan.
这不可能是真的。
It cannot be true.
我的王,
My King,
你吃过…敌人的钱?
have you taken… money from our enemies?
这不是国王应该回答的问题。或被要求。
That is not a question the King should answer. Or be asked.
那么你已经做到了。
Then you have done it.
你背叛了我们。
You have betrayed us.
我们所有的人。
All of us.
你的国家,甚至你自己。
Your country and even yourself.
我会告诉法国人♥民♥你所做的一切。
I shall tell the people of France what you’ve done.
我讨厌战争,我不喜欢战争,每次我看到法国人流血,我就…我能感觉到我头上的头发竖起来了。
I hate war, I don’t like battles,every time I see French blood flowing I can… I can feel the hair rise on my head.
-我全心全意地祈祷和平。-我们处于和平状态。
– With all my soul I prayed for peace. – We are at peace.
我们不能拥有和平,除非我们的土地是自♥由♥的。
We cannot have peace so till our land is free.
碰巧是我决定了我们要打什么战争,要维护什么和平。
It happens that I am the one that decides what war we fight and what peace we keep.
我警告你,随便什么肮脏的停战协定。
I warn you, make any dirty truce you like.
-不管有没有批准,我们都要向巴黎进军。-不,亲爱的表妹,你不能去。
– We’ll march on Paris with or without sanction. – No my dear cousin, you will not.
我下令解散军队。
I ordered the dismissal of the army.
我受够了这些穿着盔甲叮当作响的战士。
I’m sick of all these warriors clanking about in armour.
你Alençon,莱尔,杜诺伊斯,你们所有人。放下你的战斧,你奉命回家。
You Alençon, Laire, Dunois, all of you. Put down your battle-axes, you’re ordered home.
从今以后,一切的命令都由我来。
And from now on, all commands come from me.
如果我的船长们离开,我也会离开。
If my captains leave, I shall leave also.
不是你们的船长,是我的船长。
Not your captains, my captains.
你也要照吩咐你的去做。不是你想的那样。
And you also will do as you are told. Not as you please.
-关于现在…——啊,是的。
– About the present… – Ah, yes.
琼,我们决定授予你爵位以表示我们的感激。
Joan, we’ve decided to ennoble you as a token of our gratitude.
你们的Domrémy镇将免除税收。
And your town of Domrémy will be exempt from taxation.
但你必须留在法庭直到你被允许离开。
But you must remain with the court until you are given permission to leave.
现在来加入我们吧。
Now come and join us.
在一个世纪的失败之后,我们开始取得胜利。
After a century of defeat, we began to win.
我们确实赢了。屡战。
We did win. Battle after battle.
现在,正当我们要结束战争的时候,我们被命令解散。
And now, just as we are about to end the war,we’re ordered to disband.
从逃跑的敌人手中撤退。
To retreat from an enemy that is on the run.
为什么会发生这种情况?
Why has this happened?
这是怎么发生的?
How could this happen?
查理不能忍♥受人们爱女仆胜过爱国王。
Charles can’t bear that the people love the maid more than their King.
完成我的…
That finishes me…
我再也没见过卑鄙的查尔斯了。
I’ve looked my last on Charles the Despicable.
和我一起去诺曼底,琼。
Come to Normandy with me Joan.
我们可以在那里继续战斗。
We can go on fighting there.
我们的国王命令你回家。
Our King has ordered you home.
我的家是英国人在树篱后等候的地方。
My home is where the English wait behind the hedges.
但是你,琼,你要去哪里?
But you Joan, where will you go?
我的国王命令我留在他身边。
My King has ordered me to stay with him.
那你就是他的俘虏,法庭上的囚犯。
You’ll be his captive then, a prisoner at the court.
保持在那里,以免你向他的敌人发动战争,破坏他的交易。
Held there lest you make war on his enemies and spoil his bargains.