她要骑在我们前面作为一种象征,一个傀儡
She’s to ride before us as a sort of symbol, a figurehead
-让士兵们团结起来。不,看在珍妮丝的份上,还有他所有的二脸禁卫军的份上,她不会让我团结起来的。
– for the soldiers to rally around. – No by the love of Janice and all his 2 face Janissaries, she will not rally me around.
我觉得她在战场上不会有多大帮助,
I don’t expect she’ll be of much help in battle,
-尽管如此,我还是很感激她。——为了什么?
– Nevertheless I’m grateful to her. – For what?
谢谢你再给我们一次机会。
For giving us another chance.
一定有别的办法可以向整个军队下命令。
There must be some other way to give an order to a whole army.
这是我唯一知道的,琼,你通过舰长下达了一个大命令,他们拒绝了你。
It’s the only one that I know Joan,you gave a general order through the captains,and they refused you.
但是我怎么能告诉他们呢?我该怎么做呢?
But how can I tell them? How can I do this?
我不知道…我实在不喜欢。
I don’t know…truly I don’t.
帕斯卡尔神父,我该怎么办?
Father Pascur, what am I to do?
我希望我能帮上忙,因为我知道你是对的,但我不知道该怎么做。
I wish I could help for I know you are right,but I don’t see how it can be done.
你经常玩这个游戏吗?
Do you play this game often?
每一天,每一天。
Every day all day.
这需要全部。
That takes it all.
从现在起,没有多少时间玩游戏了。
From now on there won’t be much time for games.
-是女佣。——女仆。
– It’s the maid. – The maid.
——女仆……我们追随的那个。-我们能做点什么吗?
– The maid… the one we follow. – Is it something we can do perhaps?
是的。拿起你的骰子。
Yes. Pick up your dice for a moment.
捡起你的骰子,我的朋友。
Pick up your dice, my friend.
他们告诉我军队是这样的,所有的军队都是这样的,没有什么能改变他们。
They tell me that armies are like this, that all armies are like this and that there is no changing them.
然而我们不能取得胜利——我们不配取得胜利。
Yet we cannot have victory we are not worthy of it.
但我们来这里是因为你承诺会胜利。
But we came here because you promised victory.
诚然,神已经召我们来做我们要做的工作,但仅仅神站在我们一边是不够的,我们必须站在他一边。
It is true that God has called us to the work we are to do,but it is not enough that God is on our side,we must be on his side.
我们该怎么办,女佣?
What are we to do, maid?
不许赌博。
There must be no gambling.
——没有赌博?-不,即使是秘密也不行。
– No gambling? – No, not even in secret.
你不能发誓,也不能妄称上帝之名。
And you must not swear and take God’s name in vain.
-那是什么?女仆说,不许骂人。
– What was that? – No swearing the maid said.
你必须把你所有的女人都打发走。
And you must send away all your women.
——什么?那是什么?——没有女人。
– What? What’s that? – No women.
-不能有营地的追随者。-她是说我们。
– There must be no camp followers. – She means us.
在我们出征之前每个人都必须去忏悔忏悔自己灵魂中所有的罪恶。
And before we march each man must go to confession and clear his soul of all evil he has done.
她以为我们是什么?和尚吗?
What does she thinks we are? Monks?
-安静点,救恩!——让她说!
– Be quiet, Savion! – Let her speak!
请听我说。
Please hear me.
尽可能多的。
As many as can.
你看,我身上没有力量。
You see, there is no strength in me.
我的手也没有力气了。
And no strength in my hands.
我们手中的任何力量都不足以战胜英格兰人。
There is no strength in any of our hands great enough to win against the English.
我们的力量在于我们的信仰。
Our strength is in our faith.
若我们的信心被神所恨恶的小事所吞灭,我们虽有百万人,也必被打败而死。
And if our faith is eaten away by little things that God hates then,though there be a million of us, we shall be beaten back and die.
是的,靠近!
Yes, come near!
还有你们男人!
And you men too!
还有那些听不见的人!把这个信息告诉他们!
And those who cannot hear! Give them this message!
只有当我们成为上帝的军队,我们才能获胜。
We can win only if we become God’s army.
站在你们面前,要求你们这样做,是不容易的。
It is not easy to stand here before you, and ask this of you.
也许这并不容易做到。
Perhaps it will not be easy to do.
但我知道如果这些事都做到了英国人悬在云端,乘着旋风,我们就能打败他们。
But I know that if these things are done then though the English hang from the clouds and ride on the whirlwind, we shall beat them.
尽管他们的箭像从天而降的冰雹他们的矛像钢环他们的大炮像天上的雷暴一样说话,但他们将是我们的!
Though their arrows fall like hail from the sky and their spears be a ring of steel and their cannons speak and strike like the thunderstorm from heaven,yet they shall be ours!
这是神所应许的。
For this, God has promised.
我们在天上的父是我们的领袖。
Our father who is in heaven is our leader.
他将与我们同在,我们将尊他为圣。
He will be with us, while we hallow his name.
他会给我们所需要的一切。
He will give us all we need.
我们每天的食物,我们的胜利和这片永远自♥由♥的土地。
Our daily bread,our victory and the land that is forever free.
如果那是奥尔良,我们为什么在河这边?
Why are we on this side of the river if that is Orleans?
你是按杜努瓦的命令来的。
You’ve come this way by order of Dunois.
-奥尔良的私生子。-他在这里指挥?
– Bastard of Orleans. – He commands here?
是的,女孩。他一定是骑马来欢迎你的。
Yes, girl. That must be he riding out to welcome you.
Dunois——问候。-你好,殿下。
– Greetings Dunois. – Greetings, my Lord.
我衷心欢迎你们,我的朋友们。
You’re most heartedly welcomed, my friends.
你把女仆带来了,更让我担心了。
More so since you bring the maid with you.
如果那就是奥尔良城,你为什么命令我们从河这边靠近?
If that is the city of Orleans,why did you command that we approach by this side of the river?
我们应该大胆地向英国人最强大的地方进军。
We should have ridden up boldly where the English are strongest.
那你就在河的右边了,女仆。
Then you are on the right side of the river, maid.
你看到那些塔了吗?
You see those towers?
那是托勒利斯,英国最坚固的堡垒。
That’s The Tourelles, the strongest English fort.
我们拿下它,其他堡垒就会倒塌。
We take it, the other forts will crumble.
谁在指挥“Tourelles”?
Who commands over Les Tourelles?
威廉爵士Glasdale。
Sir William Glasdale.
他是英格兰队长中的佼佼者,我和他打过很多次。
He’s the pick of the English captains,I’ve fought him many times.
我奉命警告这个英国人,让他放弃堡垒,拯救他和他手下的生命。
I’m commanded to warn this Englishman,to give up the fort,and to save his life and the lives of his men.
带我去见他!
Take me to him!
威廉爵士Glasdale !
Sir William Glasdale!
威廉爵士Glasdale !
Sir William Glasdale!
我是威廉·格莱斯代尔爵士。
I am Sir William Glasdale.
你是谁?
Who are you?
我是琼,女仆。
I am Joan, the maid.
威廉·格拉斯代尔爵士,还有你们这些英国人,你们无权进入我们的法国,上帝派我来命令你们,放弃你们的堡垒,回到你们自己的国家去
Sir William Glasdale,and you men of England,who have no right to be in our France,the King of Heaven sends you word by me,to abandon your forts and go back to your own country
哈!
Hah!
你们若不这样行,我就在你们中间立这样的高台,直到永远。
And if you do not do so I shall make such a high, high among you,as will be eternally remembered.
我来告诉你这些,免得你在一场注定失败的战争中死去。
I come to tell you this,lest you perish in a lost cause,in an evil war.
你太慷慨了,但我想提醒你两件事,第一,我们正在赢得这场战争,第二,如果有邪恶的事业,那是你自己的。
This is most generous of you,but I wish to remind you of two things,first, we are winning this war,second, if there is an evil cause, it is your own.
杜诺瓦,听着,魔鬼站在你这边。
Dunois, now hear, you have the devil on your side.
上帝保佑我们!
We have God on ours!
我告诉你,威廉爵士,我想是为了你,为了那些将要死去的人!
I tell you Sir William it is of you I think,and of the many men who will die!
如果你不听我的警告,现在就投降!
if you do not heed my warning and surrender now!
我从不害怕魔法,我也不会接受妓♥女♥的警告!
I have never feared sorcery,and I’ll take no warning from a harlot!
我对你只是好意。
I meant only well to you.
把她从弓箭手那里拿出来,否则这些弓箭手中的一个会把你漂亮的女仆射穿,毁了她的乐趣!
Take her out of bow shot Bastard,or one of these archers may put a shaft through your pretty maid and spoil her fun!
琼。
Come Joan.
盐牛!常见的“内在!
Salt cow! Common ‘orn!
就像你来时的路一样平常。
Common as the road by which you came.
Sapphist !妓♥女♥!女巫!撒旦的眼睛!
Sapphist! Strumpet! Witch! Eye of Satan!
时间到了。
This is the hour.
现在是时候了。
Now is the time.
看在上帝的份上,打击!罢♥工♥大胆!
In God’s name, strike! Strike boldly!
前进!
Forward!
——火!——火!
– Fire! – Fire!
——前进!——火!
– Forward! – Fire!
火!火!
Fire! Fire!
前进!人缝!让那些行!
Forward! Man the slits! Get those cannoneers!
火弹弩!
Fire the catapults!
火!
Fire!
快拿着炮盾!
Hurry with the mantlets!
跟着白旗走!
Follow the white banner!
前进!为了上帝和我们的国家,前进!
Forward! For God and our country, forward!
跟着旗帜!
Follow the banner!
上帝与你们同在,主啊!所有人!
God is with you all, Lords! All!
火!
Fire!
把墙打穿!密切与他们!
Break through the walls! Close with them!
看在上帝的份上,前进!
In God’s name, forward!
女巫,女巫!
The witch, the witch!
呆在那里,懦夫!
Stay there, coward!
前进,我的朋友,前进!
Forward, my friends, forward!
起来,结束了!
Up and over!
法国!法国!上帝是你的保护者!
France! France! God is your protector!
前进!前进!
Forward! Forward!
勇敢的人,好士兵,快点!
Brave men, good soldiers, hurry!
在墙上!
On the walls!
弓箭手!
Archer!
快男人!总之,滚到墙上去!
Hurry men! Altogether, to the walls!
我打了那个女巫!她倒下了,她倒下了!
I hit the witch! She’s down, she’s down!
她倒下了,女巫倒下了!
She’s down, the witch is down!
胜利,英格兰赢了!
Victory, England has won!
必须说出来,琼。
It must come out, Joan.
拿着我的护身符,女仆。它会消除你的痛苦。
Hold my amulet, maid. It will conjure away your pain.
谢谢你,我的朋友。不,不,谢谢。
Thank you, my friend. No, no thanks.
我宁死也不使用魔法。
I’d rather die than use sorcery.
我要用油清洗你的伤口,再涂上猪油。
I’ll cleanse your wound with oil and dress it with lard.
我绑定。
Bind me.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!