珍妮特!
Jeannette!
我告诉你,今天就会有战斗,这是对我们不利的!
I tell that there is fighting this very day and it goes against us!
你一定要听!你一定要听我说!
You must listen! You must hear me!
孩子,我们都想拯救法国,但法国已经缩小到一个没有国王的小地方了,他们需要一个勇士,但没人能拯救它!回家!
Child, we all want to save France,but France has dwindled down to a tiny patch without a King,where they need a champion and there’s no saving it! Go home!
回家去找你父亲吧,孩子。
Go home to your father, child.
别想饶恕我。
Don’t mean to spare me.
你说的话真奇怪,姑娘。
Those are very strange things you say girl.
是的,它们很奇怪。
Yes, they are strange.
我是被派来找罗伯特爵士谈话的,但你也看到了,他根本不在乎我,也不在乎我说什么。
I’m sent here to speak to Sir Robert, but you saw that he cares neither for me nor for my words.
不过在大斋节前我必须和太子在一起。
Nevertheless before the middle of Lent I must be with the Dauphin.
相信我,我宁愿回家和我妈妈一起转。
Believe me I’d rather go home and spin with my mother.
因为这不是我该待的地方。但这世上没有一个人,无论是国王,贵族还是王子能给我们所热爱的法国带来帮助。
For this is not my proper place. But there is not one person in the world,not among Kings, or nobles, or princes who can bring help to the France we love.
除了你眼前的这个女佣,一次也没有。
Not once save this maid you see before you.
不是因为我身上有什么,而是因为天王希望如此。
It’s not because of anything in me, but because the King of heaven wishes it so.
你听说过一个预言吗?
Have you heard of a prophecy?
有预言说洛林的一个女仆会拯救法国。
There is a prophecy that a maid from Lorraine will save France.
-你听说了吗?-不,我不知道什么预言。
– Have you heard it? – No, I know nothing of a prophecy.
我们现在进攻吗,丫头?
We attack now, wench?
她要和她父亲打一场仗。
She’ll have a battle with her father.
——她说的是实话!-珍妮特,到我这儿来!-你必须回家
– She speaks the truth! – Jeannette, come to me! – You must go home
——我们的救世主。为我们的国王加冕!
– Our Saviour. – That to crown our king!
穿着红色的领裙!
In a neck red dress!
我不知道如何与你说话。
Bide you I wouldn’t know how to speak.
但仍…年复一年,我被告知我必须离开,我必须拯救奥尔良把英国人从法国领土上赶走。
But still…year after year,I was told that I must go,I must save Orleans and drive the English from French soil.
你父母知道这件事吗,珍妮特?
Do your parents know of this, Jeannette?
不。我没有告诉任何人。
No. I have told no one.
并不是要我保持沉默,而是我知道我父亲会禁止我去
Not that I was asked to keep silent, but I knew my father would forbid me to go
我们该怎么办?
What are we to do?
我知道你必须回去,叔叔但我必须留下直到罗伯特爵士听我的。
I know that you have to go back uncle but I must stay until Sir Robert will listen to me.
你必须留下来吗?
You must stay?
是的,我必须!
Yes, I must!
我会站在他的门前,直到他走过。如果没有我的容身之地,我就睡在田野里。
I’ll stand at his gates until he passes and if there is no room for me,I’ll sleep in the fields.
就是吩咐我所行的。
What I am commanded to do.
我做!
I do!
把她留给我吧,杜兰德。
Leave her here with me, Durand.
我会照顾她的。
I’ll take care of her.
如果我见到你父亲呢?
What if I meet your father?
你一定要告诉他是你带我来的吗?
Must you tell him you brought me here?
你在这里很安全,我可以离开你,但是…
You’re safe enough here and I can leave you but…
但是,叔叔?
But what, uncle?
不会有什么好结果的。
No good will come of it.
我不会说它有什么好的。
I won’t say nothing good of it.
你怎么又来了?
Why are you here again?
你知道罗伯特爵士不会见你的。回家吧,姑娘,明天别再来了。
You know Sir Robert won’t see you. Go home girl and don’t come back tomorrow.
就是她,现在来了。
That’s she, coming now.
-请原谅,你是女佣吗?-我叫琼,雅克·达尔卡的女儿。
– Forgive me, but are you the maid? – I’m Joan, daughter of Jacques d’Arc.
-我们在里尔听说了你的事,我们想见你。-为了告诉你,我们相信你,我们为你祈祷。
– We heard about you in Lille, we wanted to see you. – And to tell you that we believe in you, we prayed for you.
上星期天我们为你举♥行♥了弥撒。
We held a mass for you last Sunday.
谢谢你!
Thank you.
我知道你们的祈祷会有所帮助。
I know that your prayers will help.
大门又在我面前锁上了。
The gates were locked in my face again.
妈妈。
Mother.
我是来送你回家的,珍妮特。
I came to take you home, Jeannette.
你一定要回家,珍妮特。
You must come home, Jeannette.
一个黑暗的梦在你身上爬了一会儿,但它没有造成伤害,很快它就会消失,当它消失时,没有人会想到它。
A dark dream has crept over you for a little while, but its done no harm, and soon it will be gone and when it’s gone no one will think of it.
但是回家。
But come home.
我从没想过要伤害你,母亲。
I never wanted to hurt you, mother.
因为我爱你胜过世上任何人。
For I love you more than anyone else in the world.
但如果我有100个父亲和100个母亲,我…
But if I had a 100 fathers and a 100 mothers, I…
我不能回去了。我现在必须往前走了。
I could not go back. I must go forward now.
那告诉我在哪,珍妮特?
Then tell me where, Jeannette?
你会往哪个方向走?
Toward what would you go?
-那个女孩在哪儿?——罗伯特先生。
– Where’s the girl? – Sir Robert.
这是一个。
That’s the one.
就在两周前,你来找我,跟我说了一场战役。
Exactly 2 weeks ago you came to see me and spoke of a battle.
今天一个信使带来了消息。那天的确发生了一场大战。
Today a courier came with messages. There was indeed a great battle on that day.
皇太子惨败。
And a heavy defeat for the Dauphin.
你怎么知道的?你学过巫术吗?
How did you learn this? Have you studied witchcraft?
-你当然知道我没有。-这正是我们所不知道的。
– Oh surely you know I have not. – That is just what we do not know.
福涅尔神父,去问她。
Father Fournier, put her to question.
你若是作恶,是撒但所打发的,就离开我们吧。
If you are a thing of evil and sent from Satan, depart from us.
你们若是良善的,是出于神的,就当前来。
but if you are good and from God, come near.
我请求您的祝福,父亲。
I ask your blessing, father.
我要求邪恶的东西远离你。
And I ask of whatever is evil fly far from you.
只要是好的就留下来帮助我们和法国的事业。
Whatever is good remain to help our cause and the cause of France.
她不是魔法师,劳勃爵士。
She is no sorcerer, Sir Robert.
无论你听她说什么,不管是预言还是其他,都与魔鬼无关。
Whatever you have heard her say, whether prophecy or not,the devil has no part in it.
谢谢你,父亲。
Thank you, father.
-你还是想去找太子。-我的主人命令我去。
– You still wish to go to the Dauphin. – My Lord has commanded me to go.
这两位先生希望我派你们去执行你们的艰巨任务,他们愿意与你们并肩作战。
These 2 gentlemen wish me to send you forth on this wild mission of yours, they are willing to ride with you as escort.
在我看来这是徒劳的,但他们相信你可以帮助我们的国家。
To me it seems like a fool’s errand, but they believe you may help our country.
现在,如果有这样的机会,我不想妨碍任何事情。
Now if there is a chance of that, I don’t want to put anything in the way.
然后一切都将成真。
Then it shall all come true.
再见,我的孩子。
Goodbye, my child.
自从我听了你的演讲,我就一直在做梦。
Ever since I heard you speak, I’ve gone about in a kind of dream.
因为我从未清楚地看到我必须去哪里,或者我的生活必须做什么。
For I’ve never yet seen clearly where I must go,or what I must do with my life.
但突然间,当我听到你的声音,我觉得我知道了。
But suddenly, when I heard your voice, it seemed to me that I knew.
我是来做你的追随者的。
I come to be your follower.
谢谢你!你是第一名。
Thank you. You are the first.
我很愿意做第二个。我们什么时候出发?
And I’m quite willing to be the second. When do we set out?
今天而不是明天。明天而不是后天。
Today rather than tomorrow. Tomorrow rather than the day after.
太子在希农。
The Dauphin is at Chinon.
穿越敌国的路好远啊。
That’s a long way through enemy country.
所以准备好迎接一个艰难而危险的冬季骑行吧。
So prepare yourself for a rough and dangerous winter ride.
带给我一个……男孩的衣服。
Fetch me a…boy’s clothing.
我会打扮成男人。
I’ll dress as a man.
如果这是错的,我会一直知道这是错的。
If this is wrong, then I’ll always know it was wrong.
不,妈妈。我为这个而生。
No, mother. I was born for this.
珍妮特,镇上的人给你带了匹马。
Jeannette, the town folk have brought you a horse for your journey.
,它的完成。
There, it’s finished.
你为什么…你,你是个英俊的小伙子!
Why you…you, you make a handsome lad!
我已经派了个信使带着我的信给皇太子,他们会等你的。
I’ve sent a messenger ahead with my letter to the Dauphin so they’ll expect you.
琼,你以前骑过马吗?
Joan, have you ridden before?
到希农的时候,我应该骑得很好了。
By the time we reach Chinon I should ride well.
你要小心,只在夜间骑马,因为你要来的消息会像火一样在前面跑,敌人会伺机而动。
Take care that you ride only by night,the news of your coming will run ahead like fire and the enemy will want to watch for you.
我不怕他们。
I fear them not.
没有剑?在这里,用我的。
No sword? Here, take mine.
母亲生下孩子,把他们交给世界,她认为她很了解他们。
A mother bears children and gives them to the world and she thinks she knows them well.
但她根本不认识他们。
But she doesn’t know them at all.
现在你必须走了。保护她。
And now you must go. Guard her well.
你有许多里格要骑,冰冷的河流要过。
You have many leagues to ride and icy rivers to cross.
去救世主神殿,母亲,为我们祈祷。
Go to the shrine of redeemer, mother, and pray for us.
——再见!-上帝与你同在!
– Goodbye! – God be with you!
-祝你好运,琼,快回来!——再见,琼!
– Godspeed, Joan, come back soon! – Goodbye, Joan!
-上帝保佑你,琼。——谢谢!
– God help you Joan. – Thank you!
那就走吧,洛林的女仆,我对你的期望很低,但走吧……不管发生什么。
Go then maid of Lorraine, I expect but little of you,but go… and come what may.
告别,琼!
Farewell, Joan!
——再见!——告别,琼!
– Goodbye! – Farewell, Joan!
告诉我们你是谁!
Well, tell us who you are!
旅行者,我的朋友,只是旅行者。
Travellers, my friend, just travellers.
-你是谁?-我是克莱瑞福的警♥察♥局长。
– And who may you be? – I’m the head constable of Clairevaux.
我们是诚实的人。
We’re honest men.
你也许是,但我必须看着你。
You may be, but I must look at you.
你是个小伙子吗?
Are you a lad?
-我来告诉你为什么我们会在这里见面。-好吧,告诉我们,让我们继续。
– Let me tell you why we meet you here. – Well, tell us and let us go on.
我们镇上有一群勃艮第士兵。
There is a party of Burgundian soldiers in our town.
他们说他们是来抓洛林的女仆的,就是来帮助皇太子的那个。
They say that they’re here to lay hands on the maid from Lorraine,the one that is coming to help the Dauphin.
如果你们中有一个应该做那个女仆,那就到我们村里去吧。-谢谢你,警官。
If one of you should be that maid,Then go round our village. – Thank you, constable.
这与我们无关。
This does not concern us.
我妻子送了两个面包。
My wife send two loaves of bread.