你知道为什么吗?
Do you know why?
这是被禁止的。
It is forbidden.
陛下,也许我们不该这么快就拒绝这孩子关于普瓦捷记录的请求。
Your Grace,perhaps we should not say no so quickly to this child’s request concerning the records of Poitiers.
既然我们在战争中不站在女仆一边,我们很难公正地评价她。这是一个教会法庭,完全由教会无偏见的法律管辖。
Since we were not on the maid’s side in the war, we can hardly judge her in unbiased fashion.This is an ecclesiastical court,governed solely by the unbiased laws of the church.
教会的律法?
The laws of the church?
他们要求英国人守在门口吗?
Do they demand English guards at the doors?
他们坚持用英国的黄金来承担费用吗?
Do they insist that English gold bears the expense?
——沉默Calleis。-不,陛下。
– Silence Calleis. – No, your Grace.
这样的程序违反我们的法律。
Such a procedure contravenes our laws.
-我不能参加这次审判。-那你可以走了。
– I can take no part in this trial. – Then you may leave.
你们中任何赞同他意见的人也可以离开。
And any of you who are of his opinion may leave also.
但你要记住,如果你现在走,你会带着我的敌意。
But remember this,if you go now, you carry my enmity with you.
和英格兰国王的敌意。
And the enmity of the King of England.
法国和英国的国王。
The King of France and of England.
我很抱歉带着你的仁慈离开。或者你的不仁慈。
I’m sorry to leave with your mercy. Or your lack of mercy.
但为了我的良心,我不能目睹我看来不过是先入为主的可耻的闹剧。
But for my conscience sake I cannot witness what seems to me but a preconceived and shameful farce.
你和我们一起去。
You will come with us.
——我?——是的。你被捕了。
– I? – Yes. You’re under arrest.
我应该在教堂监狱里,由女人看守。
I should be in a church prison,guarded by women.
您一定要把我留在这里吗,马西欧神父?
Must you leave me here, Father Massieu?
我奉命把你留在这里。
I’m commanded to leave you here.
愿上帝保佑你,孩子。
God keep you, child.
琼,这是让·拉维恩大♥师♥,他是由法国最受尊敬的检察官指派的。
Joan, this is Master Jean Laverne,who has been assigned by the most reverend Inquisitor of France.
来协助我们审判你。
To assist us at your trial.
吉恩老师已经读了前几届会议的所有报告。
Master Jean has read all the reports of the preceding sessions.
所以对你的案子很熟悉。
And is therefore well acquainted with your case.
我是珍,我向你保证我们会公正地评判你。
I am Jean and I promise you that we will judge you justly.
但你是个没文化的女孩,需要咨♥询♥。
But you’re an unlettered girl and need council.
你可以选择一位评委给你出主意。
You may choose one of the judges to advise you.
我感谢你。
I thank you.
但我无意离开大人的御前会议。
But I have no intention of departing from the council of my Lord.
你能发誓对我们问你的一切都说实话吗?
Will you swear to speak the truth on everything we ask you?
我已经来过你无数次了。
I’ve come before you countless times.
我一次又一次地发誓。你给我的负担太重了!
Again and again I have sworn. You burden me too much!
你最近听到你们的声音了吗?
Have you heard your voices recently?
是的。他们沉默了一会儿。
Yes. For a while they were silent.
-现在他们每天都和我说话。-他们是在你的牢房♥里出现的吗?
– Now they speak to me daily. – Did they appear to you in your cell?
我总是听不懂他们在说什么。
I do not always understand what they say.
我的卫兵太吵了。
My guards make too much noise.
你的声音在告诉你什么?
What do your voices tell you?
大胆地回答你。
To answer you boldly.
他们答应救你了吗?
Did they promise to deliver you?
圣凯瑟琳告诉我我会得救。
Saint Catherine told me that I would be rescued.
我不知道这是否意味着法国人进攻鲁昂城就会把我救出来。
I do not know whether this means that I would be delivered by a French attack upon this city Rouen.
或者其他什么,但我被告知,我将因一场伟大的胜利而获得自♥由♥。
Or something else,but I was told that I would be freed by a great victory.
-你记得准确的单词吗?——是的。
– Can you remember the exact words? – Yes.
勇敢地接受一切。
Accept everything with courage.
不要害怕你的牺牲。
Do not fear your martyrdom.
因为到最后,你将进入天国。
For in the end, you shall be in the kingdom of paradise.
这个声音是什么意思?
What does the voice mean by…
你的牺牲吗?
your martyrdom?
我…
I…
我不确定。
I am not sure.
这可能意味着我在监狱里所受的痛苦。
It may mean what I suffer here in prison.
夜复一夜,我无法入睡,但我还是要来到你面前回答你的问题。
Night after night, I have no sleep and still I must come before you and answer questions.
同样的问题。
The same questions.
带着我在牢里必须忍♥受的一切,来见我吧。
Come before half mad with what I must endure in my cell.
没有……
Without…
没有休息,没有休息,白天黑夜。
without rest, without rest, day or night.
我不知道我还要受多少苦。
I do not know how much more I will have to suffer.
我把自己交给上帝。
I refer myself to God.
你认为你会去天堂吗?
Do you think you will go to the Kingdom of Paradise?
是的,就好像我已经在那里一样。
Yes, surely as if I were already there.
-这是一个非常严肃的回答。——是的!
– This is a very grave answer. – Yes!
我把它当作珍宝。
And I hold it for a great treasure.
你在希侬教堂给国王的指示是什么让他相信你是上帝派来的?
What was the sign you gave to your King in the chapel of Chinon that made him believe you were sent by God?
我想你已经问过我一百遍了我也告诉过你一遍又一遍我不会给你答案的!
I think you’ve asked me that question 100 times and I’ve told you again and again you shall have no answer from me!
这与这次审判无关!
It does not concern this trial!
这个标志是用,啊,金子、银子或珠宝做的吗?
Was this sign made of, ah, gold or silver, or jewels?
世界上没有哪个金匠能雕出如此富丽堂皇的纹饰或招牌。
No goldsmith in the world could fashion a crest or sign so rich and fair.
它将持续1000年。
It will last 1,000 years.
-是皇冠吗?-我没说那是皇冠。
– Was it a crown? – I did not say it was a crown.
好吧,那是什么呢?
Well, what was it then?
如果你想知道,就去问我的国王。
If you wish to know, go to my King and ask him.
-这个妓♥女♥嘲笑我们的法庭!-你问我一些我发誓不回答的问题,可你还是不停地问。
– This harlot mocks our court! – You ask me questions I have sworn not to answer,and yet you keep asking them.
你对我有什么要求,要我作伪证?
What do you wish of me that I perjure myself?
司法官们,别动你们的手。不要写那个答案。
Scriveners, stay your hand. Don’t write that answer.
琼,如果我们向你证明你违背了信仰,你准备好向教会屈服了吗?
Joan, if we prove to you that you have acted against the faith,are you ready to submit to the church?
我求你相信,我绝不会做或说任何反对教会的事。
I beg you to believe that,I would never do or say anything against the church.
如果我做了这样的事,我愿意拒绝。
And if I had done such a thing I would willingly reject it.
-回答得好,琼。现在我…-如果你接受法庭的裁决,你就会拒绝自己的声音。
– That is a good answer Joan. Now I… – If you accept the decision of this court,you would reject your voices.
如果你仍然坚持你的声音是正确的,你就是拒绝教会。
If you still maintain that your voices are right, you reject the church.
如果你不服从,你就是异教♥徒♥!
If you do not obey, you are a heretic!
我不会拒绝我的主和教会的声音!
I would not reject the voices of my Lord nor the church!
在我看来,一切都是一样的。
It seems to me that it is all one.
我们的主和我们的教会。
Our Lord and our church.
你为什么在这件事上这么为难?
Why do you make such a difficulty about it?
你为什么在加冕典礼上展示你的旗帜?
Why did you display your banner at the coronation?
它曾分担过辛劳。
It had shared in the toil.
它应该分享这一荣誉,这才是正确的。
It was only right that it should share in the honour.
穷♥人♥有没有亲吻你的手和衣服让群众为你说过什么?
Did the poor kiss your hands and garments and have masses said for you?
他们高高兴兴地向我走来,我怎么能把他们推开呢?
They came to me happily, how could I push them away?
如果他们为我祈祷,我相信他们没有做错什么。
And if they prayed for me, I believe they did no wrong.
你是穿着男人的衣服接受圣礼的吗?
Did you receive the sacraments in man’s clothing?
-你祝福武器了吗?-你找到你的国王了吗?
– Did you bless the weapons? – Did you seek out your King?
-诸位大人,我一次只能回答一个。
– My Lords, I can answer only one at a time.
要相信自己,要骄傲,要自吹自擂!这些都是撒旦的罪孽!
To be sure of yourself, to be proud, to be boastful! These are the sins of Satan!
她是个异教♥徒♥,背教者,还是个女巫。
She is a heretic, an apostate, and a sorceress.
她必须上火刑柱。
And she must go to the stake.
但我们必须在她死前败坏她的名声。
But we must discredit her before she dies.
因为她不只是一个女巫,她是一个象征,深受法国人♥民♥的爱戴。
For she is not just a sorceress,she is a symbol, adored by the people of France.
如果我们现在烧死她我们就成了她的殉道者,这正是她的国王想让我们做的。
If we burn her now we make a martyr of her,and that’s exactly what her King wants us to do.
但如果我们能迫使她放弃,宣誓放弃,放弃她的声音,她的使命和她的国王,人♥民♥就会对她失去信心,也会对这位由异教♥徒♥加冕的国王失去信心。
But, if we can force her to recant,to abjure, to renounce her voices, her mission and her King,the people will lose faith in her,and in the King that was crowned by a heretic.
他们会接受我们的亨利为法国的合法国王。
They will accept our Henry as the lawful King of France.
很好,主教大人,继续你的计划吧。
Very well, my lord bishop, proceed with your plan.
但我要提醒你,如果你想成为鲁昂大主教就必须处死这位少女。
But let me remind you: The maid must die at the stake if you’re ever to be archbishop of Rouen.
那就是我了,如果你不听我的话,这里会很好。
It’s myself then,it could be nice in here if you don’t listen.
好吧,姑娘。
Well, look wench.
我会解开你的枷锁。
I’ll unlock your chains.
给你的肉体一个痊愈的机会。
Give your flesh a chance to heal.
我会解开你的镣铐。
I’ll loosen your fetters.
让你在牢房♥里走动。
Let you walk about the cell.
我给你奶酪和酒。
I’ll give you cheese and wine.
你会被烧死,你会在广场上被烧死,你会死而不知道被吻的是什么。
You’ll be burned, you’ll be burning in the square,you’ll die without knowing what it is to be kissed.
看着我。看着我,丫头!
Look at me. Look at me wench!
别碰她!
Take your hands off her!
别对我发号♥施令。你不过是柏斯人。
Don’t give me orders. You’re only a perth.
我要向船长报告你的情况。
I shall report you to the captain.
如果我是你,我就不会那么做,法国人。
You know, I wouldn’t do that if I were you, Frenchman.
-你不能为了我父亲而置自己于危险之中。——我的孩子。
– You mustn’t put yourself in danger for me Father. – My child.
我们有办法救你,琼。
We think we know a way to save you Joan.
我不想死!
I don’t want to die!
但我不能否认我的声音。
But I cannot deny my voices.
我要诅咒我的灵魂来拯救我的生命。
I’ll damn my soul to save my life.
另一种方式。
There’s another way.
对教皇的呼吁。
An appeal to the Pope.
这些都是礼拜仪式上的事,我的孩子,但如果你提出这样的请求他们就不能继续这个可耻的审判了。
These are liturgical matters, my child, but it seems if you make such an appeal they cannot continue with this shameful trial.
根据教会的法律,他们必须送你去罗马,或者提交报告,等待教皇的决定。
According to the laws of the Church, they must send you to Rome,or submit a report and wait for the Pope’s decision.
我希望我能去罗马。
I wish I could go to Rome.
教皇……会相信我。
The Pope…would believe me.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!