So this is the world, and there are almost six billion people on it.
这是地球 近六十亿人口
When I was a kid, there were three.
当我小的时候ue4d1只有三十亿人口
It’s hard to keep up.
转变真大
There. That’s better.
好了 这个角度好多了
That’s America.
那是美国
America still sets the tone for the world.
美国仍走在时代尖端
In Indiana, Clark Hodd, 13, the best point guard in the country.
印第安纳州的克拉克 十三岁 最佳中锋球员
Last week he scored a hundred points in a single game.
上一场篮球赛 独得一百分
Erica Sorgi. You’ll see her in the next Olympics.
艾瑞卡 奥林匹克明日之星
In Seattle, Dallas Malloy, 16.
西雅图的戴勒斯 十六岁
Her lawsuit helped pave the way for women boxers everywhere.
她的例子为女性拳击手铺路
She’s picturing her ex-boyfriend right now.
此刻她的假想敌 是她前男友
In Indio, California, Art Stallings.
加州的亚特·史德
Check out what pure joy looks like.
看他打球是一种享受
In Odessa, Texas, the great Frank Cushman.
在德州ue4d1了不起的美式足球员法兰克
This April,26 teams’ll be falling all over themselves to sign him in the next NFL draft.
将成为26个球队竞相争取的球员
He’s my client, my most important client.
他是我的客户 最重要的客户
When are you gonna try? You wanna be a champion?
你何时才能专心点? 想成为冠军吗?
Believe me, there’s genius everywhere, but until they turn pro…
相信我ue4d1天才遍地都是 只是没熬出头前…
it’s like popcorn in the pan…some pop…
就像爆米花…有的爆了…
Darn it! You don’t know diddly-squat about golf!
可恶! 你跟本不会教
Some don’t.
有的没爆
I’m the guy you don’t usually see.
你们不常见到我
I’m the one behind the scenes. I’m the sports agent.
我是位居幕后的人 我是运动员经纪人
I’m gonna hurt you this year.
今年要大赚一笔
How you doin’? I’m doing fine.
你好吗? 我很好
The door is always open if you want a real agent.
想找经纪人随时欢迎
You’re welcome, Johnnie.
不客气
I’m gonna go to a meeting now, and I’m gonna talk about you.
我现在要去开会 是谈你的事哦
I’ll kill for you.
为你鞠躬尽瘁
We gotta win Super Bowls. I hail you.
我们要赢超级杯 为你鞠躬尽瘁
Hey, Jerry, how you doin’? Good.
杰瑞 你好吗 很好
How much will this cost me?
他开价多少?
We both know there’s a number you can afford. I’ll write it down…
我们都清楚他的身价 我写下来…
and we can move forward from there.
我们可以事先确认好
I can’t afford that. No one said winning was cheap.
我付不起 没人说赢球很便宜
You know those photos where the new player holds a team jersey…
见过新球员拿着队服…
and poses with the owner?
与经理的合照吗?
That’s me on the left.
左边的就是我
Inside that building, that’s where I work.
那里就是我的办公室
SMI, Sports Management International.
SMI 国际运动员经纪公♥司♥
Thirty-three out-of-shape agents guiding the careers of…
33名经纪人 照顾…
1,685 of the most finely tuned athletes alive.
1685名职赛顶尖选手
You gotta be tough. I already have 18 million…
坚强点 我已经有180万…
I handle 72 clients and get an average of 26♥4♥ phone calls a day.
我负责72名客户 平均每天接26♥4♥个电♥话♥
It’s what I do.
这就是我的工作
I will not rest until I have you holding a Coke, wearing your own shoe…
我不会去休息 除非处理好细节…
playing a Sega game featuring you while singing your own song…
搞定你主演的…
in a new commercial starring you…
广♥告♥片歌♥曲…
broadcast during the Super Bowl in a game that you are winning.
并能在你赢得超级杯时播出
I will not sleep until that happens. It’s what I do best.
在此之前我不眠不休 我最拿手的!
You get 15 minutes to call me back.
十五分钟内回我电♥话♥
I’ll be honest. I started noticing it a few years ago and didn’t say a word.
老实说 几年前我就觉得不对劲
Was the girl 16 or 17?
被你强♥暴♥的女孩是16岁还是17岁?
In the quest for the big dollars, a lot of the little things were going wrong.
为了赚大钱 有些事情做错了
There’s no proof of anything…
没有任何证据…
except this guy is a sensational athlete.
除非他是杰出的运动员
Are you Calvin Nack? Can you sign my card?
你是凯文·尼克? 签个名好吗?
I’m sorry, little fella. I can’t sign this brand of card.
抱歉 小朋友 我不能签这种卡
Only Pro-Jam Blue Dot cards.
我只签职业蓝点卡
I just wanted an autograph.
我只是想要你的亲笔签名
Lately, it’s gotten worse.
最近 情况更糟了
Remo with the puck and…Oh, he goes down!
雷蒙截到球…被撞倒了
Hi, baby.
你好 宝贝
You know your name?
还记得自己的名字吗?
Steve Remo.
史帝夫·雷蒙
Wait. It’s comin’.
等等 我想起来了
My name is Steve Remo. Yeah.
我叫史帝夫·雷蒙 对
I play for Chicago.
芝加哥队球员
This lady here is my wife.
她是我太太
Hi, baby.
宝贝
And this is my boy. And this is…
他是我儿子ue4d1他是…
Wait.
我想想
My agent. My agent.
我的经纪人
I gotta play this weekend, Doc.
医生 我周末还有场球赛
If I play in 65 percent of my games, I get a bonus.
如果我出场率超过65% 就有奖金
I gotta get the bonus.
我必须拿奖金
Okay, Jesse, you take care, little guy.
好 杰西 小伙子 保重
Mr. Maguire. Yeah?
马圭尔先生 什么事?
This is his fourth concussion. Shouldn’t somebody get him to stop?
他已经四次脑震荡了 就没人阻止他?
It would take a tank to stop your dad.
那得开坦克来 才能阻止你♥爸♥爸
It would take all five…
那得来五个…ue4d1
Super Trooper VR warriors…
超级变形金刚…ue4d1
to stop your dad.
才能阻止你♥爸♥爸了
Right?
对吗?
Right?
对吗?
Fuck you.
去你的
Who had I become? Just another shark in a suit?
我变成什么样的人了? 衣冠禽兽?
with the skyrocketing salaries…
球员巨额薪资…
and you are one of the guys responsible.
都是你造成的
Fuck you. This guy is a sensational athlete.
去你的 他是杰出的运动员
Two days later, at our corporate conference in Miami, a breakthrough.
两天后我参加了迈阿密的会议 我有了突破
I already had 18 million on the table…
我已经有180万…
Breakdown? Breakthrough.
崩溃? 突破
I just wanted an autograph. Fuck you.
我只想要签名 去你的
Do you know your name?
记得你叫什么名字?
I couldn’t escape one simple thought.
我无法逃避一个想法
I hated myself.
我痛恨自己
No, here’s what it was.
不ue4d1更确切的说
I hated my place in the world.
我痛恨所扮演的角色
I had so much to say and no one to listen.
我心中的话没人肯听
And then it happened.
事情就这样发生了
It was the oddest, most unexpected thing.
一件最怪异ue4d1出乎预料的事情
I began writing what they call a mission statement.
我写了一篇工作感言
Not a memo, a mission statement.
不是备忘录 是感言
You know, a suggestion for the future of our company.
对公♥司♥的方针提供建议
A night like this doesn’t come along very often.
此情此景并非俯拾即是
I seized it.
我抓住这片刻
What started out as one page became 25.
由一页增为二十五页
Suddenly I was my father’s son again.
突然间ue4d1我找回父亲所期望的我
I was remembering the simple pleasures of this job…
我想起这份工作的乐趣…
how I ended up here out of law school…
想起当初怎么会选这一行…
the way a stadium sounds when one of my players performs well on the field…
看台上观众欢声雷动的狂热…
the way we are meant to protect them in health and in injury.
我们该保护球员 不论健康或受伤时
With so many clients, we had forgotten what was important.
客户过多造成无法真心相待
I wrote and wrote and wrote and wrote…
我不断的写了又写…
and I’m not even a writer.
我的文笔不算好
I was remembering even the words of the original sports agent…
但我记的指导员的每句话…
my mentor, the late, great Dicky Fox who said:
迪克·福克斯曾说
The key to this business is personal relationships.
这行最重要的是人际关系
Suddenly it was all pretty clear.
突然间我豁然开朗了
The answer was fewer clients, less money.
答案就是减少客户人数
More attention. Caring for them.
少赚点钱 多关心客户
Caring for ourselves. And the games too.
关心自己 关心比赛
Just starting our lives, really.
好好面对生活 体验它
I’ll be the first to admit it.
我不否认
What I was writing was somewhat touchy-feely.
自己写的是肺腑之言
I didn’t care. I had lost the ability to bullshit.
我不在乎 我不愿再鬼扯
It was the me I’d always wanted to be.
忠于自己才是我想要的
I took it to a Copymat in the middle of the night…
三更半夜我去…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!