“我说过不帮你写新闻
“What I said about never writing another line
我没有改变心意”
for you still goes.”
“难过了吧 彼特·华恩”
“Are you burning? Peter Warne.”
2块6毛钱
That’ll be $2.60.
-对方付费 -对方付费
-Send it collect. -Collect?
对方付费
Collect.
车子要开了 开往萨凡纳 查尔斯顿
Bus leaving for Savannah, Charleston,
哥伦比亚 格林斯博罗 里士满
Columbia, Greensboro, Richmond…
华盛顿 巴尔的摩 费城 纽约
Washington, Baltimore, Philadelphia, New York….
小姐 一个人吗 我叫谢普利
Hi, sister. All alone? My name’s Shapeley.
我想先跟你打个招呼 我们要坐很久的车
May as well get acquainted, it’s a long trip.
有时候会很烦 能够跟你一起坐真好
Gets tiresome. Especially for somebody like you.
你看起来很高兴
You look like you’ve got class.
我一眼就看得出来
Yes, with a capital “K”.
你是个高尚的女子
I’m the guy that knows class when he sees it.
这一点都不假 你随便问问什么人
Believe you me. Ask any of the boys. They’ll tell you.
他们都会说谢普利对女人最有一套
Shapeley sure knows how to pick them.
在下谢普利
Yes,sir. Shapeley’s the name and that’s the way I like them.
跟我坐准没错
You made no mistake sitting next to me.
你们这种女人
Just between most girls you meet on the bus…
最难抗拒我们这种男人的魅力
ain’t nothing to write home to the wife about.
我总说你一定要小心免得遇人不淑
You gotta be awful careful who you hit it up with.
但也不能太挑
as well as you can’t be too particular, neither.
怎么了 你都不说话
What’s the matter, you ain’t saying much?
你一个人说的也挺不错
Seems to me you’re doing excellently without any assistance.
说得好
That’s pretty good.
“你一个人说得也挺不错”
“Seems to me you’re doing excellently without any assistance.”
你是叫我闭嘴吧
Well shut my big, nasty mouth.
看来现在是1比0
Looks like you’re one up on me.
我最喜欢碰到
You know there’s nothing I like
和我势均力敌的高尚妞
better than to meet a high-class mama…
越冷漠的女人其实越激♥情♥
that can snap back at you. The colder they are, the hotter they get.
的确 冷漠的女人最热情了
That’s what I always say.
欧耶
Yes, sir.
越冷漠的女人变得激♥情♥让人更加兴奋
When a cold mama gets hot, boy how she sizzles.
你最合我的口味
Now you’re just my type.
相信我 我一定会迷倒你的
Believe me, sister, I could go for you in a big way.
他们都叫我”逗趣谢普利”
“Fun-on-the-side Shapeley,” they call me. With accent on the “fun”.
相信我吧
Believe you me.
相信我吧 你真是无聊死了
Believe you me, you bore me to distraction.
看来现在是2比0
Looks like you’re two up on me now.
你
Hey, you.
-那边有个空位 -干嘛
-There’s a seat over there for you. -What’s the idea?
你不介意的话 我想和内人一起坐
I’d like to sit next to my wife, if you don’t mind.
-你太太 -是的
-Your wife? -Yes.
快点 快点
Come on.Come on.
对不起 对不起 我只是
Oh! Yeah. Sure, sure, excuse me. You know, I was just….
对不起 我只是想打破僵局
Sure. Excuse me, miss. I was just trying to make things pleasant.
对不起 我
Excuse me, I….
我无意冒犯 伙计
I didn’t mean anything, Doc.
-无意冒犯 伙计 -不
-No offence, Doc. -No.
如果你保证不耀武扬威 我想谢谢你
If you promise not to snap my head off, I’d like to thank you.
免了 我这不是为你 他的声音烦死人了
Forget it. I didn’t do it for you. His voice gets on my nerves.
你整天都做了些什么
What’d you do all day?
跑进跑出 想办法躲雨
Ran in and out of doorways. Trying to keep out of the rain.
你全身湿透了
Your clothes are all wet.
拿去
Here.
你简直像个小孩一样
You’re as helpless as a baby.
谢谢
Thank you.
朋友们 卖♥♥雪茄 烟
Here you are, folks. Cigars, cigarettes,
口香糖 糖果 杂♥志♥
chewing gum, candy, magazines.
小弟
Here, boy.
-是的 小姐 -请给我一盒巧克力
-Yes, ma’am. -A box of chocolates, please.
-她不想买♥♥ -但小姐刚说
-Never mind. She doesn’t want it. -But the lady said….
-我当然要 你什么意思 -快走吧
-Of course, I do. What do you mean? -Beat it.
你真大胆 小弟
Well, you’ve got your nerve. Here, boy!
1块6毛钱
$1 .60.
你昨晚还有4块钱
You had $4 last night.
你这样下去怎么到得了纽约
How will you get to New York at this rate?
不关你的事
That’s none of your business.
从现在开始你要省着点用
You’re on a budget from now on.
-等等 你不能 -闭嘴
-Just a minute. You can’t… -Shut up.
-怎么回事 -桥被冲断了
-What’s the matter, officer? -Bridge washed out.
看来明天早上才能通行
Looks like we can’t get through till morning.
如果各位乘客想找地方落脚
If any passengers want a place to sleep…
前面有汽车旅店
you’ll find an auto camp up yonder a piece.
-在哪里 -就在那里 看到那些灯了嘛
-Where? -Right over there. See those lights?
-是的 -戴克汽车营地
-Oh, yeah. -Dyke’s Auto camp.
谢了 嘿 小妞
All right, thanks. Hey, brat.
你在跟我说话吗
Are you talking to me?
是的 来吧 我们今晚在这里过夜
Yeah. Come on, we’re stopping here for the night.
来吧 来吧 一切都就绪了
Hey! Come on, come on, we’re all set.
晚安 祝你和你丈夫一夜好梦
Good evening. Hope you and your husband rest comfortable.
快进来
Come on! Come on!
你要在外面待上一整晚吗
What are you going to do, stay out there all night?
你真聪明 这些手法
You’re clever, these means.
这是天生的
Yeah, it’s a gift.
刚刚有人认为
I just had the unpleasant sensation
我们两个是夫妻
of hearing you referred to as my husband.
我忘了告诉你
Oh, yeah. I forgot to tell you about that.
我是以夫妻名义登记的
I registered as Mr. and Mrs.
是吗
Oh! You did?
我该怎么办 喜极而泣吗
What am I expected to do? Leap for joy?
我希望你会谢我
I kind of half expected you to thank me.
你真是太自大了
Your ego is absolutely colossal.
没错 那你呢
Yeah, it’s not bad. How’s yours?
和你比起来 谢普利简直太外行了
You know, compared to you, my friend Shapeley’s an amateur.
你怎么会以为我会接受
Just whatever gave you any idea I’d stand for this?
等一下 我们把事情搞清楚
Now wait a minute. Let’s get this straightened out right now.
别以为我对你有兴趣
If you’re nursing any silly notion that I’m interested in you, forget it.
你对我而言只是大新闻罢了
You’re just a headline to me.
大新闻
A headline?
你该不会是记者吧
You’re not a newspaper man, are you?
你得一分
Chalk up one for your side.
听着 你要去找金·卫思利 不是吗
Now listen. You want to get to King Westley, don’t you?
我会帮你 但是我要得独家采访机会
All right, I’m here to help you. What I want is your story.
我要忠实记录你为爱逃亡的实况
Exclusive. A day-to-day account. All about your mad fight to happiness.
老实说 我非常需要这个新闻
I need that story. Between you and me, I’ve got to have it.
真是太好了
Isn’t that just too cute.
没想到你还蛮有头脑的
There’s a brain behind that face of yours, isn’t there?
你全部都盘算好了 包括这个
You’ve got everything nicely figured out for yourself. including this.
这个 这个不过是简单的数学♥运♥算
This? Well, that’s a matter of simple mathematics.
这个房♥间一个晚上2块钱
These cabins cost $2 a night.
我很遗憾通知你
I’m very sorry to inform you, wifey dear…
我们家的钱不够负担两个房♥间
but the family purse won’t stand for our having separate establishment.
感激不尽 你真是太好了
Thank you. Thank you very much, sir. You’ve been very kind.
你想出去随便你
It’s all right with me. Go on out in the storm.
但是我会跟着你的
But I’m going to follow you.
你觉得你自己很了不起吗
And if you get tough,
那我只好告诉你老爸了 怎么样
I’ll just have to turn you over to your old man. Right now.
懂了吗 这就是我的计划
Savvy? That’s my whole plot in a nutshell.
为一般大众写的简单故事而已
A simple story for simple people.
你老实点 我就帮你找金·卫思利
You behave yourself, I’ll see you get to King Westley.
如果你不乖 我就会跟你老爸告密
If not, I’ll just have to spill the beans to Papa.
你想睡哪张床
Now, which of these beds do you prefer?
这张吗 好的
This one? All right.
这样我觉得就没什么问题了
That, I suppose, makes everything quite all right.
这个吗
This?
我睡觉时喜欢隐私一些
Well, I like privacy when I retire.
我很敏感
Yes, I’m very delicate in that respect.