还有沙子的质量
but the quality of the sand at…
失陪一下 加里
Excuse me. Gary! Hey.
迪克·皮勒[剥屌♥器]Dick Peeler.
加里 谢谢你能来
Gary, thank you for coming.
我的荣幸 感谢你邀请我们
My pleasure. Thanks for having us.
我们非常激动
Well, we’re really, really excited.
我们非常激动 杰克 杰克
We’re excited. Jack! Jack!
我想介绍你认识理查德·皮勒
I’d like you to meet Richard Peeler.
-幸会 -杰克·黑斯廷斯上校
– What an honor. – Colonel Jack Hastings.
很高兴认识你
Very nice to meet you.
-谢谢你邀请我们 -我很荣幸
– Thank you for… having us. – Oh, it’s really an honor.
这是货真价实的场合
No, it’s, uh, you know, the authentic thing here.
我明白 很棒吧
I see that. It’s amazing.
你们想喝点什么吗
Can I get you something to drink?
当然 你想喝什么
Sure. What would you like?
我想喝茶
I’d like a little, uh, tea.
甘菊茶 如果有的话
Chamomile if you have it.
好吧
All right.
没问题 你要苏格兰威士忌
That’s fine. You want a Scotch.
-是的 谢谢 -我就知道
– Yes, please. – Yes, I know that.
他是个罪犯
He’s a criminal.
谢谢
Thank you.
他是个罪犯
He’s a criminal.
相信我 我和他做过生意
Trust me, I’ve done deals with him.
我国的民♥主♥正在分崩离析
Our democracy is falling apart.
就要消失了
We’re gonna lose it.
《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》专栏作家
汤姆·弗里德曼有句话说得很好
Tom Friedman had a great line.
我更觉得他是总统中的比特币
I like to say he’s the Bitcoin of presidents.
她的整个礼服系列都是中国制♥造♥的
Her whole dress line was made in China.
那个人精神有问题
The man is mentally ill.
对特朗普的黑称
贱♥人♥·蠢蛋
Fuckface von Clownstick.
我疯了 我们都应该疯了才对
I’m mad? We should all be mad.
什么样的人才会猎杀大象
I mean, what kind of person hunts elephants?
还没有太多的…
And there’s not a whole lot of the, um…
怎么说的来着
What did you call that?
-从农场到餐桌 -从农场到餐桌
– Farm-to-table. – The farm-to-table.
我觉得都差不多…
I mean, I guess it all kind of, uh…
一定程度上都是从农场到餐桌吧
all goes from farms to tables of some kind.
我们很高兴你们都来了
We’re so excited that you’re all here.
清♥真♥食
史前食
犹太洁食
我们非常感激
And we are so thankful
我们的老朋友又为我们
to our old friend for presenting us
安排了一个增长见识并振奋人心的夜晚
with another informative and, uh, just stimulating evening.
你们认识他 你们爱他
You know him. You love him.
有时候也讨厌
And sometimes hate.
-写支票时讨厌 不过… -是的
– Hate writing the checks, but, uh, you know. – Yeah.
-加里 -谢谢 非常感谢
– Gary. – Thank you. Thanks so much.
谢谢你们能来
Thanks for coming.
谢谢大家
And thank you…
请大家继续为皮勒夫妇鼓掌
Keep that going for the Peelers, please.
感谢他们的慷慨好客
Their tremendous hospitality.
除了感谢你们今天的到来
Listen, I’m not gonna take up too much of your time
我不会占用大家太多时间
other than to say thank you all for being here.
但有一件事我很想说 就是
One thing I do want to say, though, is that
杰克·黑斯廷斯上校是美国
Colonel Jack Hastings is the embodiment
伟大精神的化身
of America’s real greatness.
为国家服役 努力工作 充满信仰
Service to nation, hard work, faith.
这些精神不是共和党独有的 对吧
Republicans don’t own those values, do they?
不是他们独有的
They don’t own ’em.
不可能是独有的
They can’t.
包容
Inclusion.
这是最重要的精神
That’s the most important of all.
但有时 我们会在
But sometimes, we get comfortable
自己的意识形态气泡中过于舒适
in our own little ideological bubbles.
我能看到
I see them.
你们不一定能看到 但我能看到
You can’t see them, necessarily, but I see ’em.
那就有一个小气泡
There’s a little bubble there.
那也有一个小气泡
There’s a little bubble there.
我们就忘记了要伸出手
And we forget to reach out.
去寻求共情与理解
To find empathy and understanding
跨越宗教或者种族
across religious or racial
或者只是地理界限
or just plain geographical boundaries.
我希望今晚可以改变这一点 哪怕只改变一点点
And I hope tonight changes that, even just a little bit.
那么事不宜迟
So, without further ado,
请大家与我一起欢迎
I would like you to join me in welcoming
威斯康辛州迪尔拉肯的下一任市长
the next mayor of Deerlaken, Wisconsin,
杰克·黑斯廷斯上校
Colonel Jack Hastings.
说得好
Hear, hear.
谢谢大家
Thanks, folks.
还要谢谢加里
And thanks to Gary
-和皮勒夫妇 -谢谢
– and to the Peelers. – Thank you.
这房♥子真的很漂亮
Wow, this is a great house.
真的很漂亮
It’s a great house.
我看到你们有些人
I see some of you are…
在想我来这里做什么
wondering what I’m doing here.
而且
And…
我觉得我也想知道
I think I’m wondering the same.
问题就在这里吧
I guess that’s the point.
没有这件事的话 你们可能永远都不会认识我
Without all this, you might never have met me.
我肯定也不会有机会认识你们
And I certainly wouldn’t have met you.
但是
But…
现在我们认识了
now we have.
所以…
So, uh…
上校 上校
Colonel, Colonel.
-嗯 -我是《华盛顿号♥角报》的加里·齐默
– Yeah. – Gary Zimmer from “The D.C. Bugle.”
为什么
Why…
为什么一群拘谨的上西区人士要关心
Why should a bunch of uptight Upper West Siders care about
威斯康辛州的一个小镇
a little town in Wisconsin?
很难说
It’s hard to say.
我们很痛苦
I guess we’re hurting,
需要你的帮助
looking for help from you.
我们能如何帮助呢
What can we do to help?
我来回答 给钱
I’ll take that. Money.
钱
Money.
其实这是个严肃的问题
It’s a serious question, actually.
我们的政♥治♥似乎一片狼藉
You know, our politics seem broken.
上校 你认为我们的体制最大的弱点是什么
Colonel, what do you see is the system’s greatest weakness?
我觉得 首先来说
Well, I guess, for one thing,
这就是
this.
这里 今晚
Here, tonight.
我无意冒犯
And I mean no disrespect.
我只是觉得这有点疯狂
I just think this seems a bit crazy.
我想帮助我的镇子
I want to help my town.
我想当市长
I want to be mayor,
管理威斯康辛州的一座小镇
some town in the middle of Wisconsin.
于是我没有留在家里
So, instead of being home
想些聪明的办法来帮助我的镇子
working on some smart things to help my town,
而是飞来你们的镇子
I have to fly here to your town
说服你们 我的镇子值得被拯救
and convince you that my town’s worth saving.
还有我也值得
And that I’m worth it.
对你们来说 拯救它是值得的
And that saving it is worth it to you.
就为了让你们给我钱
All so you can give me some money.
不是给我的镇子 而是给我钱
Not for my town, but for me.
用来说服我的镇子 我值得当市长
To help convince my town that I’m worth it.
这事…
I mean…
听起来太愚蠢了
I don’t know, it just sounds so stupid.
还在哭吗
Still crying?
还有点
A little bit.
你打算一路哭回家吗
You gonna do that all the way home?