Think about it, man. He’s separated from his wife, his children…
长点脑子 伙计 他和妻儿分居了
How often do you see them here?
你看他们多久才来一次
He’s not a saint, okay.
他不是圣人
He’s a man, with a man’s problems
他只是一个凡人 有着七情六欲
He doesn’t need us reminding him about them.
你别老是在他伤口上撒盐
Good morning, Madiba. Good morning.
马迪巴 早上好 早上好
Thank you very much. Enjoy it.
非常感谢 不客气
Oh, yes.
这样
Very good.
很好
Very good.
很好
Brenda, good morning.
布伦达 早上好
Good morning, Madiba.
早上好 马迪巴
I like that dress.
这身衣服很漂亮
Thank you.
谢谢
This is for you.
这是给你的
What is it?
是什么
Your pay checks.
这是你薪水的支票
You haven’t been collecting them.
你一直没有领♥取♥
What’s wrong?
怎么了
This is terrible.
这太多了
It’s what de Klerk got.
德·克勒克就领这么多
Plus an increase for inflation.
因为通货膨胀加了一些
Today, President Mandela announced that, in his opinion–
今天曼德拉总统宣称 在他看来
Thanks.
谢谢
His salary is too high.
他的薪水太高了
Dead right. They’re all overpaid.
对极了 他们的薪水都太高了
He has therefore decided to donate a
因此他决定把他三分之一的月收入
third of his monthly income to charity.
捐赠给慈善事业
Give me the houses and cars they give him
给我他那些房♥子和车子
and I’ll donate a third of my salary too.
我也会把三分之一的薪水捐出去
You would not. Not in a million years.
你才不会 八辈子都不可能
Pienaar, hello.
你好 我是皮纳
Hang on a moment, please.
请等一下
President Mandela said that he wished to set an example
曼德拉总统称他希望
to other leaders and cabinet ministers.
给其他领导人和内阁大臣们树立榜样
Yes. Of course.
是的 当然
Well, thank you. Thank you Fat chance.
谢谢 谢谢 不可能
They’re lining their pockets as fast as they can.
他们中饱私囊的速度比谁都快
Must be his girlfriend, Nerine…
尼拉妮 肯定是他外面的女人
He knows I’d bloody kill him.
要是的话 我就宰了他
What?
什么事
Who was that?
谁的电♥话♥
Well. I told you. It was his girlfriend.
不是跟你们说了嘛 是他外面的女人
I’ve been invited to tea.
有人请我去喝茶
With who?
和谁
The President.
主席先生
The president of SA Rugby?
南非橄榄球协会的主席吗
Count your fingers after he shakes your hand, boy.
孩子 握完手后数数你还剩多少根指头
The president.
是那个主席
He wants me over for tea, week after next.
他要我下下周过去喝茶
Mr. Francois–
弗朗索瓦先生
You must tell Madiba
请务必转告马迪巴
that the bus service is very bad, and too expensive.
公交服务太差而且也太贵了
He must do something about it.
他必须采取相应措施
Good night everybody.
大家 晚安
Good night, Eunice.
晚安 尤尼斯
Thank you.
谢谢
What the hell does he want with you?
他找你到底有什么事
I don’t know.
我不知道
What?
什么
Francois, relax.
弗朗索瓦 放松点
You’ve met him before.
你又不是第一次见他
I shook his hand on the Rugby field.
那只是在赛场上握过手
And you didn’t even vote.
你甚至没投票
Come on, Nerine.
尼拉妮 别这样
He’s still the president.
他还是当上了总统
I play Rugby.
我是橄榄球运动员
What am I going to say to the guy?
我该和他聊什么呢
Say to him, thank you for inviting me.
你就说 感谢他邀请你喝茶啊
What if I pull something stupid in front of him?
如果我在他面前丢人现眼怎么办
You won’t. Go.
不会的 去吧
I’ll pick you up right here.
我就在这儿等你
Bye. Mr. Francois…
回见 弗朗索瓦先生
Francois, a picture please!
弗朗索瓦 请让我们照张相
Yeah. Okay. Over here. Okay?
好的 去那儿 行吗
Mr. Pienaar… Mr. Pienaar…
皮纳先生 皮纳先生
Come on, guys.
别这样 哥们儿
See who’s coming for tea?
看看谁来喝茶了
My nephew wants me to get his autograph.
我的侄子想要他的签名
Who?
谁
Francois Pienaar.
弗朗索瓦·皮纳
Who wants to escort him in?
谁愿意去接他进来
I will
我去
Hey. No autographs, okay?
不准要签名 明白吗
I know how to do my job, okay?
我知道该怎么做 好吗
Who’s this Francois Pienaar?
这个弗朗索瓦·皮纳是谁
You can’t be serious?
你不是在开玩笑吧
He’s the captain of the Springboks.
他可是跳羚队的队长
I like soccer, myself.
我喜欢足球
Well, you know what they say about soccer–
知道人们怎么评价足球吗
It’s gentleman’s game played by hooligans.
这是流氓玩的绅士游戏
One the other hand, Rugby’s a hooligan’s game played by gentlemen.
相反的 橄榄球是绅士玩的流氓游戏
Ja, ja, I’ve heard that one before.
是是 这说法我以前听说过
It wasn’t funny the first time.
再听就不好笑了
Can I ask you a question, lieutenant?
警官 能问你个问题吗
Yeah, of course.
当然可以
What’s he like?
总统是个什么样的人
When I worked for the previous president,
在为前任总统工作的时候
It was my job to be invisible.
我的职责就是让自己隐形
This president–
可这位总统却不一样
when he found out I like English toffee
当得知我喜欢英国太妃糖
He brought me some back from his visit in England.
他从英国访问回来给我带了些
To him, no one’s invisible.
于他而言 每个人都很真实
That’s where you wait.
你坐那等会儿
One of his assistants will come for you.
他的助手会来接你
And the bathroom’s over there, if you need it.
如果你需要 洗手间在那边
Okay. Thanks.
好的 谢谢
What are our chances in the World Cup?
我们在世界杯夺冠的概率有多大
I mean, for real.
请说实话
We’ll do our best.
我们会尽力而为
That, I can guarantee.
这点我可以向你保证
Office of the president.
这是总统办公室
So, what is he like?
那么 他什么样
Well, he’s not as big as he looks on TV.
他没有电视里看上去那么高大魁梧
And we don’t stand a bloody chance in the World Cup.
而且我们在世界杯夺冠是彻底没戏
Mr. Pienaar?
皮纳先生
Right this way please.
请这边走
Go in.
进去吧
Francois
弗朗索瓦
What an honor.
荣幸之至
I’m so excited.
我太激动了
Thank you for coming all this way to see me.
感谢你大老远过来见我
Yes, sir. Thank you for inviting me, Mr. president.
感谢您的盛情邀请 总统先生
So, tell me Francois, how’s your ankle?
那么 弗朗索瓦 你的脚踝怎么样了
My ankle?
我的脚踝吗
I was told it was hurt.
听说你的脚踝受伤了
Has it healed?
治好了吗
The truth is, sir, you never really play at a hundred percent,
事实上 一个人在任何情况下
No matter what.
都不会百分之百发挥
Ah. yes.
这到是的