Madiba… the people want this.
马迪巴 人们希望这样
They hate the Springboks.
他们恨跳羚队
They don’t want to be represented by a team
他们不想让这支他们一辈子都喝倒彩的队伍
They cheered against all their lives.
代表南非参赛
Yes, I know. But in this instance the people are wrong.
我知道 但在这件事上人♥民♥是错误的
And as their elected leader, it is my job to show them that.
作为民选领袖 我必须让他们明白这点
You’re risking your political capital.
您在用您的政♥治♥资本冒险
You’re risking your future as our leader.
您在用政♥治♥前途冒险
The day I am afraid to do that is the day I am no longer fit to lead.
当我害怕这些时 便是我下台之日
At least risk it for something more important than rugby.
至少用在比橄榄球重要的事上吧
Tell the boys that I want to go to eersterust, very fast.
告诉他们我要去会场 开快点
We in the executive’d like to applaud you
我们执行委员会为你们表现出的
For your diligence and your courage.
勤劳与勇气鼓掌
Please, join us in our anthem.
来吧 一起唱颂歌♥
nkosi sikelel’ iafrika
[土语]
maluphakanyisw’ uphondo lwayo
[土语]
yizwa imithandazo yethu
[土语]
nkosi sikelela…
[土语]
Comrades, comrades, members of the choir—
同志们 合唱团的同志们
We would only interrupt such
若非真正重要的事情
Beautiful music for something truly important.
我是不会打断这美妙歌♥声的
Please, welcome, President Mandela!
欢迎曼德拉总统
Thank you.
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢
I thank you. please.
谢谢你们
Smile.
保持微笑
Brothers, sisters, comrades,
兄弟们 姐♥妹♥们♥ 同志们
I am here because I believe you have made a decision
我来是因为确认你们在缺乏充足信息
With insufficient information and foresight.
和远见的情形下做了一个个决定
I am aware of your earlier vote.
我听说了你们刚才的表决
I am aware that it was unanimous.
我也知道大家意见一致
Nonetheless, I believe we should restore the Springboks.
但是 我认为我们应该保留跳羚队
Restore their name, their emblem and their colors, immediately.
立刻恢复他们的名字 标志和颜色
Let me tell you why.
且听我说原因
On Robben island, in Pollsmoor prison,
当我在罗本岛的珀斯莫尔监狱时
All of my jailers were afrikaners.
所有的狱警都是白人
For twenty seven years,
整整二十七年间
I studied them.
我都在研究他们
I learned their language,
我学习他们的语言
I read their books,
阅读他们的书籍
Their poetry.
和他们的诗歌♥
I had to know my enemy,
因为 知己知彼
Before I could prevail against him.
方能百战百胜
And we did prevail, did we not?
我们也的确胜利了 不是吗
All of us here we prevailed.
我们在座的所有人都胜利了
Our enemy is no longer the afrikaner.
现在我们的敌人不再是白人
They are our fellow South Africans,
他们也是南非人♥民♥的一部分
Our partners in democracy.
是我们民♥主♥的伙伴
And they treasure Springbok rugby.
他们喜爱跳羚队
If we take that away, we lose them.
若我们废除它 就会失去他们
We proved that we are what they feared we would be.
我们已经证明了我们正是他们所畏惧的人
We have to be better than that.
我们必须做的比那更好
We have to surprise them
我们要克制情绪
With a compassion,
用慈悲的心怀
With restraint,
和宽广的胸襟
And generosity.
让他们大吃一惊
I know.
我知道
All of the things they denied us.
他们曾经否定我们的一切
But this is no time to celebrate a petty revenge.
但此时不该庆祝渺小的复仇成功
This is the time to build our nation
此时要重建我们的家园
Using every single brick available to us—
必须团结一切可以团结的力量
Even if that brick comes wrapped in green and gold.
即使他们中间有我们曾经的仇敌
You elected me your leader.
是你们选举我成为你们的领袖
Let me lead you now.
现在就让我领导你们
Who is with me on this?
有谁站在我这边
Who is with me?
有人吗
Twelve votes.
十二票
Twelve!
仅仅十二票
A luxury.
已经很好了
We only needed one more yes than no.
再多一票我们就超过反对者了
What if you hadn’t got it?
如果没有那一票呢
Well, as you know, that is the parties decision.
这要由所有党派决定
I’m sorry, Madiba, but we’ve got problems everywhere we look.
很抱歉 马迪巴 但现在到处都有问题要解决
Housing, food, jobs, crime, our currency.
房♥产 粮食 就业 犯罪 货币
You can’t keep interrupting affairs of state to placate a minority.
您不能为了抚慰少数白人而打乱国家大计
But, I must.
但我必须这样
That minority still controls the police,
那些少数白人仍控制着国家的警力
the army, and the economy.
军队和经济
If we lose them we cannot address the other issues.
若失去他们的支持我们无法解决其他问题
So, this rugby,
那么 橄榄球赛
It’s just a political calculation?
只是一种政♥治♥考量
It is a human calculation.
也是人性考量
If we take away, what they cherish—
如果我们把他们珍爱的东西夺走
The springboks, their national anthem —
跳羚队 他们的国歌♥
We just reinforce
我们只是恶化了黑白之间
the cycle of fear between us.
互相恐惧的恶性循环
I’ll do what I must to break that cycle.
我将尽我所能打破这个循环
Or it will destroy us.
否则它会将我们摧毁
This beer tastes like shit, man.
这啤酒真♥他♥妈♥难喝 伙计
It’s not the beer.
不是啤酒的问题
Take another.
换一罐吧
Everybody take one.
每人都拿一罐
Boys, I’d like to propose a toast…
伙计们 让我们举杯
To the taste of defeat.
为了今天的惨败干杯
Drink it.
干杯
Remember this.
记住这个时刻
And promise yourself, never to taste it again.
并发誓 永远不要再尝失败
You’re right. It tastes like shit.
你说的没错 这啤酒真♥他♥妈♥难喝
Here’s the schedule for the overseas trip.
这是出国访问的时间表
Let me see.
让我看看
$ speaking afrikaans $
[布尔语]
What did he just say?
他说什么
He asked when we were supposed to sleep.
他说我们什么时候睡觉
As well as other basic human functions.
和做其他基本人类事务
If Madiba can do it, we can do it.
若马迪巴可以做到 我们也可以
In a common struggle
在这场斗争中
That has brought about our emancipation
我们击退了种族主义
And pushed back the frontiers of racism.
获得了解放
The millions of our people
千百万南非人♥民♥
Say thank you, and thank you again.
对国际社会表示衷心的感谢
I come here with a message.
我来到这里是为了传达一个信息
People of United States of America
美♥利♥坚♥合众国的人♥民♥
Open your markets to us.
向我们开放你们的市场吧
And come invest in our country.
同时欢迎你们来南非投资
…and in japan, President Mandela met with japanese officials.
在日本 曼德拉总统与日方官员会面
As he concluded a gruelling trip to the far east…
当他结束了紧张的远东之行
And in related news, it was announced that President Mandela
相关报道 曼德拉总统
Will visit south africa this week.
本周将出访南非
Stop it, old man.
别瞎说 死老头
It’s cold, man.
天可真冷 伙计
morning, Madiba. How are you?
早上好 马迪巴 你好吗
Fine. thanks. Morning, sir.
很好 谢谢 早上好 先生
How is your family, Hendrick?
你家人好吗 亨德里克
Top shape, sir. How about yours?
很好 先生 您家人呢
I have a large family.
我有一大家人
42 million.
四千二百万
I don’t think I’ll walk today.
我今天不想散步了
We never, never ask him about his family.
永远 永远不要问他的家人
But he asks about ours all the time.
但他总是问我们的家人